(Topic ID: 193243)

Pinside Fantasy Football League 2018 (jump to 3rd page)

By cscmtp

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 146 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Mrbill
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

Hi Pinheads! We currently have 4 openings in what will be the 4th annual Pinside FF League. I run the league at MFL and its been a very fun and competitive league the last 3 seasons, with a different champion each year. Here are the specifics of the league

$100 buy in, 12 teams, we use 1 point per reception scoring for RBs, WRs, and TEs. Passing TDs are 4 pts. We start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1 flex (rb, wr, or te), 1 team defense and 1 kicker.

We use Victory Points for our playoff seeding. The 6 teams with the most VPs at the end of the regular season make the playoffs, with the top 2 teams getting a first round bye. We use BBID waivers once a week, and then first come first serve waivers from Thursday evening until Sunday kickoff.

If you're interested in joining us please post here AND shoot me a PM. I have been running FF leagues for over 2 decades and we use paypal to collect fees and send out prize money. Let me know if you have any questions.

#2 6 years ago

You guys do have other hobbies besides pinball right?

#3 6 years ago

This fantasy league has been fun the past several years I've played in it. Join and contribute to my winnings .

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

This fantasy league has been fun the past several years I've played in it. Join and contribute to my winnings .

lol

#5 6 years ago

Count me in if there's a spot!!

#6 6 years ago

Forgot to post this is a $100 league, just wanted to make sure guys knows its for prize money not a free league just for bragging rights.

#7 6 years ago

i will do this if you still have a slot.

#8 6 years ago

Never played in a league on this site. Is there a mobile app?

#9 6 years ago

In if there is a spot

#10 6 years ago

Played the first year and haven't since. I would be interested in getting back in if a spot is open. Thanx in advance.

#11 6 years ago

Everyone who is interested please send me a PM with your name and email and I'll send out the links. If we have enough to 2 leagues I'll do a 2nd league as well.

#12 6 years ago

chuckwurt and boscokid I've added you both. And once I have your name/email I'll add you jitneystand1 and jwwwhite15!

#13 6 years ago

I've sent out invites, everyone check your email (or spam folder if we haven't emailed before) If you haven't gotten an email please post here or PM me. I would still like to get at least 1 or 2 more alternates as each year usually someone bows out or can't draft with the majority. Thanks!!

#14 6 years ago

So I have 8 teams signed into the league so far, 4 more still need to...and I'd like to get another pinhead or two as we may still have openings.

#15 6 years ago

Count me in if there is a spot.

#16 6 years ago

SteveO send me your email and name in a PM. Thanks bud!

#17 6 years ago

Can't wait for jints to win my money!

#18 6 years ago

We definitely have 1 opening and would still like to get 1 more just in case we need an alternate. Anyone?

#19 6 years ago

bump! preseason just weeks away!

#20 6 years ago

Looks like we DO need 1 more, any pinheads want to join us???

#21 6 years ago

Come on we need just 1 more and we are full! Surely we have some pinhead fantasy football gurus on here!!

#22 6 years ago

Damn, I am so tempted! ESPN, Yahoo, or other?

#23 6 years ago

I pm'd you and will play if there is a spot left

#24 6 years ago

We us MFL

Gentrsa got your info first, sending you the invite. Haymaker its never a given the 12 can agree to the same draft date so if you are still interested I'd like to make your our 1st alternate if you'd like!

#25 6 years ago

Where can I see all our leagues scoring rules?

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Where can I see all our leagues scoring rules?

http://www74.myfantasyleague.com/2017/options?L=53568&O=09

I'm wondering about the roster...it says 20. Do we really have 10 bench spots?

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

http://www74.myfantasyleague.com/2017/options?L=53568&O=09
I'm wondering about the roster...it says 20. Do we really have 10 bench spots?

I hope not. Haha

#28 6 years ago

Yep, have you not seen how often players get injured these days? Almost no one is tough anymore. So yes 20 roster spots.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Yep, have you not seen how often players get injured these days? Almost no one is tough anymore. So yes 20 roster spots.

Makes the waiver wire almost useless then. No strategy. Especially when using the budget system. I doubt I make one transaction unless it's a trade.

Your league your rules, but 20 roster spots is insanity imo. Now I see why some want to do a slow draft. This is gonna take forever to pick teams. Haha

Also do you have anything in place to combat someone on the ends getting screwed over by auto pick? Like if 12 or 1 takes a second too long to pick or loses connectivity, boom. Two picks they didn't want, happen. Sorry haven't done an online draft in ages.

#30 6 years ago

It took 4 weeks to get 12 guys registered and paid, can we really afford another 4 weeks to agree on a draft date?

That said, I sent you the two dates I can't do(23rd/29th) and would prefer a slow draft.

Also think 10 bench spots is too many but if that's what the league wants then I can work with it.

#31 6 years ago

The draft doesn't take that long actually. Went pretty smooth over the years I've been doing it.

#32 6 years ago

Don't worry about all the bench spots. I guarantee their will still be tons of waiver moves to make!

#33 6 years ago

Okie dokie. Guess I better read up on who the 6th string RB of each team is. Haha

#34 6 years ago

It seems like a lot of bench spots to me as well but I'm fine if we keep it or change it. I prefer a live draft but if we have that many roster spots can we limit the time to something like 1 minute per person? 2 minutes per person can make a draft last a long time.

I'm pretty flexible for a date for the draft if we go with a live draft. I only ask if it is on a weekday that we have it no later that 9:00 pm EDT.

#35 6 years ago

For what its worth, I play in a lot of leagues that have 22 roster spots, and yes, even in those leagues, there are gems on the wire to be found all the time. For me, 20 total roster spots IS cutting it down.

Now if it makes everyone happy, we could chose to have 11 starters and make 2 flex spots available.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

For what its worth, I play in a lot of leagues that have 22 roster spots, and yes, even in those leagues, there are gems on the wire to be found all the time. For me, 20 total roster spots IS cutting it down.
Now if it makes everyone happy, we could chose to have 11 starters and make 2 flex spots available.

Really not a big deal at all. Just make the rules and if people don't like them they don't have to play. Was just surprised by the number of players on each roster.

Any idea onbthe draft date and time? Post here when known. I can't tell when stuff is posted to the league page without checking constantly.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Let's do it with 20 roster spots. It sounds like it has worked well before and I may end up preferring it.

#38 6 years ago

Pick 9 of the first round is up.

#39 6 years ago

A few people have contacted me, while the league is full and we are in the 2nd round of the draft, I'd be happy to do another league if we had enough interested. Just post here and PM if you'd like to do a league. Thanks!

#40 6 years ago

Wanted no parts of Todd Gurley. Drafted Gurley, yeah FF!

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Wanted no parts of Todd Gurley. Drafted Gurley, yeah FF!

He's got no where to go but up right?

#42 6 years ago

Great beast mode pick right before me.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Great beast mode pick right before me.

I thought about taking Marshawn but he is 31 and he has been out of football for a year. I can still see him have a great year with the Raiders. At least he gets to play in his hometown before the Raiders move again.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I thought about taking Marshawn but he is 31 and he has been out of football for a year. I can still see him have a great year with the Raiders. At least he gets to play in his hometown before the Raiders move again.

Well since I had no RBs yet (still don't) I was looking for a boom or bust RB. He was it. Oh well.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well since I had no RBs yet (still don't) I was looking for a boom or bust RB. He was it. Oh well.

I'll probably hit you up on some trade offers since you drafted all wr's in the first 4 rounds and I don't have any in the first 3.

#46 6 years ago

Whoever drafted Mixon, you're gonna lose! Shame shame!!

#47 6 years ago

slow drafts and OCD - not a good combination

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from resipsa:

slow drafts and OCD - not a good combination

Getting fucked by autodraft is a bigger OCD trigger for me. Now that we've started to draft this way, I'm glad we did it.

#49 6 years ago

yeah, I really enjoy slow drafts....but I end up keeping the league running in a browser window and check in on it all day long. not good. Although, then again it probably keeps me from checking pinside as often...

#50 6 years ago

Dang I thought primetime tonight we would've gotten through at least a couple rounds!

There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-fantasy-football-league-2017 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.