(Topic ID: 165520)

Pinside Fantasy Football League 2016 (Need 1 more!)

By cscmtp

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by cscmtp
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Who's ready for some Fantasy Football?!? So for the last 4 years I've hosted a Pinside FF League on MFL. Wanted to see if we have 10 or 12 pinheads (optimally 12) who'd like to compete for bragging rights and some money (to purchase mods ) this year. If you are interested in joining the league, please post here. Setup will be the same as the last few years.

12 teams, PPR scoring, we start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, and 1 flex. We use Victory Points for our playoff system, with the top 6 teams making the playoffs and the top 2 seeds at the end of the regular season getting a first round bye. We'll use bidding bucks for the waivers each Wednesday evening, and then have open waivers (first come first serve) until Sunday kickoff.

I have run FF leagues at MFL for over 10 years so I'm able to help those who have questions about the site.
    The fees are $100 per owner and the payouts as follows:
    1st prize $600
    2nd prize $300
    3rd prize $150
    4th prize $50

As commish I would pay the MFL hosting fees ($79.95) and would run the league and handle the payouts. Each team/owner would send payment either paypal or check, I have no preference.

Let me know if you have any questions and once we get 12 owners, we can then decide on a draft date and format. MFL allows us to either do a live draft where we are all online and can complete it in a matter of hours (like 1-3 minutes per pick) OR we can do a slow draft that might take several days to a week to complete. I've done both and would be happy to do it either way, although I think the live is the most fun.

Looking forward to a fun and competitive 5th season!!!

#2 7 years ago

count me in again; always fun

#3 7 years ago

League just got harder to win, Resipsa is back Thanks bud, look forward to another year going head to head against the Wiley Coyotes!

#4 7 years ago

Count me in too!

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from jints56:

Count me in too!

I knew the champ would be back!!

#6 7 years ago

I'm in again!

#7 7 years ago

I'll play again. Thanks for setting up the league!

#8 7 years ago

I've added you both Jason and Tom. And to all the return owners, I'm just using the same email address as you guys used last year. If you need me to use a different email just post here or PM me. Thanks!!

#9 7 years ago

If the majority do come back from last year's league I will setup a 2nd league if there are enough pinheads who want to join. We had 2 leagues running 2 years ago.

#10 7 years ago

I would like to play. [email protected]

#11 7 years ago

MoMoney is returning as well, he sent me an email. 7 spots filled, 5 to go!

#12 7 years ago

dmbjunky welcome aboard! I'll add you to the list because I know of at least 1 owner not returning from last year, so you can grab his spot. Glad to have you with us!

#13 7 years ago

One thing to any new pinheads joining us, we MUST have owners who submit their lineups every single week, no excuses. So if there is any doubt that you won't have the time to submit your lineups each week I think I speak for the entire league of returning players that we'd rather you pass on joining this year. It just really affects the entire league when one team doesn't submit a lineup, as the scores each week in a Victory Points league do affect everyone. Thanks in advance for everyone's understanding with that!

#14 7 years ago

How does the scoring work? I've only ever played head to head. When I first played fantasy around 2000, we got to pick defensive players. That was fun but not the preferred way to play now. Is there a link to the site?

#16 7 years ago

Here is a link to last year's page (this year's page I'm still setting up right now)

http://www74.myfantasyleague.com/2015/home/10288#0

VP scoring is great. Each week you can earn as many as 4 points, and as few as zero points. So you get 2 points if you win your matchup, 0 points if you lose it. But then it takes your score into account, as the top 4 scoring teams that weekend get 2 points, the middle 4 scoring teams get 1 point, and the lowest 4 scoring teams get zero points. So if you had an amazing weekend, let's say you scored the 2nd most points in the league, but lost your game because you played the top scoring team, you'd still get 2 points. So you can score 0,1,2,3, or 4 points each week. Then at the end of the regular season (after week 13) the 6 teams with the most VP points get into the playoffs (and the 2 highest scoring teams get the first round bye)

And we will use team defenses instead of IDP. I tried IDP years ago and hated it lol.

#17 7 years ago

Welcome back Jason. You had the best team last year all year but got upset in the playoffs. I know you'll be a force again

#18 7 years ago

4 spots left

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

And we will use team defenses instead of IDP. I tried IDP years ago and hated it lol.

No problem.

What about individual stat scoring? Do you do anything unusual there or just let it default?

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

No problem.
    What about individual stat scoring? Do you do anything unusual there or just let it default?

Wanna make sure I understand what you're asking. We use decimal scoring, and the scoring is determined by MFL/NFL based on yardage, catches, and TDs. To me its nothing unusual, pretty standard.

#21 7 years ago

just follow the link to last years site and under reports go to rules, both league settings and league scoring and should give you all the info you need

#22 7 years ago

i'll play [email protected]

looks like free money lol

#23 7 years ago

3 more spots...and I assure you country-clubber, it will be anything but easy to win with some of the guys in this league, including myself

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

3 more spots...and I assure you country-clubber, it will be anything but easy to win with some of the guys in this league, including myself

looking forward to it

thanks

#25 7 years ago

Looking for 3 more pinheads to play!

#26 7 years ago

I'll play if pin Newbs are allowed. Do you have to pay for trading?

#27 7 years ago

Count me out this year. I just never got used to the format. And have been too busy recently. I don't want to be a shitty FF owner. You guys deserve better. Good Luck.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I'll play if pin Newbs are allowed. Do you have to pay for trading?

No sir

#29 7 years ago
    Quoted from kporter946286:

Count me out this year. I just never got used to the format. And have been too busy recently. I don't want to be a shitty FF owner. You guys deserve better. Good Luck.

Thanks bud

#30 7 years ago

We've got 10 but would really like to make this a 12 team league. Can we get 2 more pinheads who love FF to join us??

#31 7 years ago

Count me in. Should be fun.

#32 7 years ago

Great! Thanks Mozach! Just need 1 more

#33 7 years ago

I'll play....sounds like fun.

#34 7 years ago

So we have our first 12 but I'd like to have an alternate in case someone has conflict, last minute issue before draft, etc. thanks to everyone who has joined!!

#35 7 years ago

If someone drops out can a hoser from up north join? Only thing better then winning money is when it's paid in American funds

#36 7 years ago

Absolutely str8cash. Do me a favor and PM me your email and name. And I'm happy to setup 2 leagues if there is enough interest, but worst case you're the #1 alternate right now

And being from the great white north, hopefully you'll appreciate this...my Metallica Prem plays all Rush songs

#37 7 years ago

I'll drop out and let str8cash in.

#38 7 years ago

I'd rather you stay dmb! Its not uncommon to have someone with a conflict and we'll need him anyway

#39 7 years ago

I just sent the invite through the MFL page. So you all should get an email with a link to join. If you don't see it, check your spam box. If you have any questions, please PM me. Thanks!!

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

I'd rather you stay dmb! Its not uncommon to have someone with a conflict and we'll need him anyway

I'm a little wary of doing fantasy with money. I've never done it before so I think I'll drop out.

#41 7 years ago

Can you send me your email str8cash I need that to send the invite! ?

#42 7 years ago

So we still only have 11 as we need one more...who wants to join us?

#43 7 years ago

Looks like njgsx96 will join us so that's our 12! Still would like to get an alternate in case something comes up or one owner has a conflict with our draft. thanks everyone!!

#44 7 years ago

Still need njgsx96 and Jaybird to log into the league page. Thanks!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-fantasy-football-league-2016 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.