Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by krivoap
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What should we do for Pinside Meet and Greet”

• Saturday Night 5:30 pm 9 votes
      18%
    • Saturday Lunch 1pm 7 votes
      14%
    • Friday Lunch Noon 23 votes
      46%
    • To Much going on this year don't do it! 11 votes
      22%

(Multiple choice - 50 votes by 47 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4921 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpeg
    There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

Ok I'm going to do Friday Lunch at High Noon! I think its the best spot. Still Early in the show ect.
    Twin Peaks In the parking lot of the Westin.
    Rules of the meet and greet are simple. I buy the first round of drinks for anyone who attends! So make it something good! Hope to see you all there
    Badges can be picked up here at the show, if you need to request them please go to this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/expo-pinside-badges-2016
    JJ

#2 7 years ago

I'll try and make it whenever it is but looking at the schedule Friday at noon seems to be a good time. Looking forward to catching up with and meeting a bunch of new people!

#3 7 years ago

You may want to avoid all the hot topic (new game announcements), and bring your pitchfork seminars.

Booth babes, and white-Russians at 11 pm is a good time to woo future customers.

#4 7 years ago

I vote for Friday at noon. By Saturday night people are already bailing, Saturday at 1 is right between Spooky and Multimorphic talks. Don't conflict with presentations from members of the community. Mike only shows up here to push tshirt contests or Expo, doing something during his talk on Friday doesn't conflict with Pinside stuff.

#5 7 years ago

I have voted for noon lunch Friday

link to seminar schedule http://www.pinballexpo.net/seminar.pdf

Times I will be busy:

Thursday 4:00 p.m. Dutch Pinball Update
    Thursday 8:00 p.m. Jersey Jack, Pat Lawlor

Friday 9:00 a.m. American Pinball, Magic Girl
    Friday 4:00 pm. Heighway Pinball, Alien Pinball launch
    Friday 7:00 - Stern's 30th year Anniversary Party

Saturday 12:00 noon, "Spookey Pinball,
    Saturday 2:00 signing session

#6 7 years ago

Friday Lunch sounds Amazing for me too!

#7 7 years ago

thursday night nightcaps

#8 7 years ago

I would say Thursday following JJP talk.

Meet at the seminar room at 9:30.

Seminar Schedule still shows 9:30 as empty at the conference room and good idea to do the meet and great where everybody will likely already be, plus on the real kickoff night.

#9 7 years ago

The reason I avoided Thursday is I'm sure there will be people who will not have made it out yet. Will do Twin Peaks again, it seams to work well and its very close.. Unless someone else knows of a better place

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

The reason I avoided Thursday is I'm sure there will be people who will not have made it out yet. Will do Twin Peaks again, it seams to work well and its very close.. Unless someone else knows of a better place

FYI Thursday night at Twin Peaks is the Alien reveal party. Be plenty of Pinsiders there I'm sure, if last year's Full Throttle party is any indication.

#11 7 years ago

some of us gotta work friday! I'm gonna try to show up sat, so thats what I voted for

#12 7 years ago

"I Wish, I was Closer"

#13 7 years ago

Friday at noon

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

FYI Thursday night at Twin Peaks is the Alien reveal party.

is it invite only? if so, how do I get a call?

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

is it invite only? if so, how do I get a call?

What time ?

LTG : )

#16 7 years ago

I have no details or I'd share them, but no, not invite only, everyone is welcome. I think the JJP talk that night is at 8 right? So maybe 9? Last year we kept it going a couple hours I think, so even if there's a conflict with a talk you should still be able to make it.

#17 7 years ago

Ok I'm going to do Friday Lunch at High Noon! I think its the best spot. Still Early in the show ect.

Rules of the meet and greet are simple. I buy the first round of drinks for anyone who attends! So make it something good! Hope to see you all there

Badges can be picked up here at the show, if you need to request them please go to this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/expo-pinside-badges-2016

JJ

#18 7 years ago

See You there!!!! & I'm partial to American beer & Rum drinks

#19 7 years ago

Bump! Less then a Week away! Noon On Friday!

#20 7 years ago

I'll be in the seminar room at Noon on Friday, moderating.
    .................David Marston

#21 7 years ago

Finally a good reason for day drinking.....

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Finally a good reason for day drinking.....

Its Pinball... who needs a reason.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

JJ

Perfect timing and location!!!...thank you!!...It will be a bourbon weekend for me, but up for Jager shots as well.......

#24 7 years ago

Awesome. Thanks for organizing, JJ. See ya there!

#25 7 years ago

In for lunch on Friday.

#26 7 years ago

We can swing by, should have a large group from my neck of the woods... thanks JJ

#27 7 years ago

there

#28 7 years ago

For alien there is a rsvp check the alien thread

#29 7 years ago

How did this end up as a sticky note?

#30 7 years ago

Hydraulic lunch Friday,love it

#31 7 years ago

Bump! Friday 12 noon. Twin Peaks. Reservation Made under Pinside.

JJ

#32 7 years ago

All you can eat & drink

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

JJ

Thank you, JJ for the get together!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#34 7 years ago

Yes, thank you it was a fun time.

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from RickAHG:

Thank you, JJ for the get together!

Ditto....great to put a few more names to faces....THANK YOU!!!....mark

#36 7 years ago

JJ
    Thanks for the effort and hospitality in hosting.

Sorry I got there so late.

Bruce

#37 7 years ago

JJ, thanks for the beers and the chat, much appreciated sir. JJ is one of the good guys

#38 7 years ago

you da dino man JJ .... see ya at TPF 2017

#39 7 years ago

Thanks for the drink, JJ. Although we've talked on the phone before, it was good to finally meet you.

#40 7 years ago

I met Labnip and Gary Stern scarfed half my nachos! "Epic" time. Thanks JJ!

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from joelreeves:

I met Labnip and Gary Stern scarfed half my nachos! "Epic" time. Thanks JJ!

i wanted to eat the other half

#42 7 years ago

Really enjoyed the meetup. Met so many different people and overall my first trip to Expo was a great one with just the right mix of fun, drama, and some general weirdness.

Oh, and whiskey. Lots of whiskey.

#43 7 years ago

Thanks to all who came out! its was a great time. Was nice to see Gary stop by too! See you all next year

JJ

#44 7 years ago

Meet and greet was great. Big thanks to JJ for arranging it. Thanks man!

#45 7 years ago

Thanks JJ! Meeting some of the pinsiders (fellow pin geeks) was pretty cool. I don't get to talk to people in-person with this common interest too often and this was a great format for it. Thanks for the drink too! I was impressed that Stern even made a special appearance.

#46 7 years ago

Bummed that I could not make it this year, as was only at EXPO for about 15 minutes to pick up some parts that I ordered and then had to head to the airport for my niece's wedding...

#47 7 years ago

Thanks for the get together and the glass of bourbon. It was nice to meet you and the old man. Cheers, JJ!

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from krivoap:

I had to head to the airport for my niece's wedding.

Interesting. Not many brides have their wedding ceremonies performed at an airport.

#49 7 years ago

Not taken at the meet n greet but a great JJ photo anyway.

IMG_4921 (resized).JPGIMG_4921 (resized).JPG

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

Thanks to all who came out! its was a great time. Was nice to see Gary stop by too! See you all next year
    JJ

Agreed!!!...late to post, JJ , but thank you for your hospitality....Twin Peaks, Buffalo Trace, were highlights of the weekend!!!...it was fun to hear Gary's debate - Vodka vs. Bourbon....good times for my first show!!!....mark

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-expo-meet-and-greet-2016?hl=pin-bot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.