orig-21194500.jpg
20150605_233042.jpg
IMAG0765.jpg
IMAG0772.jpg
IMAG0757-927.jpg
image.jpg
image-218.jpg
image-995.jpg
There are 377 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
#301 8 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

So.. HighNoon, Does it actually play? Does it keep Score?

I don't really know...my comments about it were pure speculation. Looks like the flippers flip, but it's hard to tell if it does anything else. Looks cool, though.

--Luke

#302 8 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

So.. HighNoon, Does it actually play? Does it keep Score?

It does work, but not like a playable game. I'm the main pinball tech a Pinballz Arcade. I built the BNL pin for the Video.

Quoted from 85vett:

Looks a lot like pinballz in the music video. The making video states they worked with someone from Austin so I guess it could be.

The band was green screened in Canada (where they are from, ay) The Arcade part was done here at Pinballz Ardcade.

IMAG0772.jpgIMAG0772.jpg IMAG0765.jpgIMAG0765.jpg
#303 8 years ago

I can't believe how lazy I've been with Pinside. It took a front page youtube video of Silverball (which I immediately clicked on because it said NEW BNL Album!!) to get me to log back in to Pinside where I found this post full of BNL love. SO awesome...

#304 8 years ago

You'll just have to spend more time here.

#305 8 years ago

Totally agree MP

Nothing against the other Say What You Want video but I definitely prefer the Silverball video. Can't wait to have the song stuck in my head, it's perfect for singing along with all day.

#306 8 years ago

I just came across this post and have to say "Very cool!".

Ed was pointed out at me while at Expo last year by fellow friends. I enjoy the Bare Naked Ladies music but am not the type who is a groupie or super fan of any band, etc. It would have been cool though to chat with Ed on his pinball interests and the hobby - but I purposely steered clear from him. I'm one of those people who when I recognize stars in public, prefer to smile and head nod in appreciation of their work - but want to respect their private time when out. It has to be fun but a major pain in the arse to have fans constantly come up and ask for autographs, pictures, etc when you're trying to enjoy your life or hobby events.

Ed if you come to Expo this year a few of us live 10 minutes away. If you want to play some private collections with just other hobbyists minus the fanfare let us know. So glad someone on the big stage is bringing attention to pinball. Keep on keeping it real!!

#307 8 years ago

Having now had time to really listen to Say What You Want... wow I totally missed the meaning the first time, very very cool!!

#308 8 years ago

Call me a new Bare Naked Ladies fan! Great song and nice collection in the video, thanks for doing this.

#309 8 years ago

Triumph was and still is a very amazing band. A very talented group of guys to say the least. Every time I watch the footage of them performing at the US festival I love it.

#310 8 years ago

I am surprised he hasn't put a colordmd in his MET and ACDC yet! He said MET was his favorite... Once you go colour, you don't want to go back to the single color dots....

Rob

#311 8 years ago

Just bought tickets to the Toronto show in Nov-anyone else going? Haven't seen BNL live in years-I think the last time was at a private RIM Christmas party back in 2000 or early 2001. They had some extra tickets, so they invited a bunch of UW Engineering students out. One of the last shows at Lulu's in Kitchener too if I recall. I also remember the Kingswood shows from Canada's Wonderland back in the early 90s. 3 years in a row on Labour Day weekend, and 3 years in a row it rained like hell

#312 8 years ago

Bump for the CD release date! Also FYI, I know not too many people still buy music on CD, but Best Buy has an exclusive version with two extra songs for $9.99 this week (online and in-store). It's the same price on iTunes, but they do not have the bonus tracks.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/silverball-only--best-buy-cd/7335529.p?id=3376598&skuId=7335529

#313 8 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Bump for the CD release date! Also FYI, I know not too many people still buy music on CD, but Best Buy has an exclusive version with two extra songs for $9.99 this week (online and in-store). It's the same price on iTunes, but they do not have the bonus tracks.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/silverball-only--best-buy-cd/7335529.p?id=3376598&skuId=7335529

Cool. Super pumped!

#314 8 years ago

I just got my pre-order copy from Best Buy! Listening to it as I type! Lovin' it!! Lookin' forward to seein' the show in a couple weeks when they are in Cincy!!

Phoebe

#315 8 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

I just got my pre-order copy from Best Buy! Listening to it as I type! Lovin' it!! Lookin' forward to seein' the show in a couple weeks when they are in Cincy!!
Phoebe

You'll love their show Phoebe. Maybe we should send you Animal to take to the show, although I'm not sure they'd let him in with you.

I'm hoping to see them in Atlanta, but we need to decide if we are bringing Pinball Circus to the Pintastic New England show first as it's the same weekend as BNL in Atlanta.

I'd be seeing Weird Al too in Atlanta but it's the same weekend as the Southern Fried Gameroom Expo, so that's out. Oh the fun rock shows we miss in the name of pinball.

#316 8 years ago

Getting ready for their show tomorrow night in Columbus. Hope the weather is good to us. Got the meet & greet VIP ticket, too, so I'm wearing my Pinside shirt to the show tomorrow. Wish I knew if they were in town tonight. I'd love to throw down a few games with the guys at 16-Bit or something. Shit, they could all come over and play my Metallica tonight and have a beer. Hooray for BNL. Hooray for PINBALL!

#317 8 years ago

That was awesome!

#318 8 years ago

Great show in Columbus, OH Friday night. A little rain didn't hurt anybody. Had to cut Silverball from the set due to rain, but lots of other good songs were played. Ed, Kevin, Jim & Tyler are all really nice guys and were very cool after the show. Thanks BNL!20150605_233042.jpg20150605_233042.jpg

#319 8 years ago

Silverball came in the mail on Saturday. Love the songs. It's a nicely put together album, and the pinball theme is ultra cool. Thanks for the great music, Ed and company.

#320 8 years ago

Not to sound like a Best Buy shill, but just a reminder that they have two exclusive tracks. Honestly, they are two of my favorite songs on the album...don't miss them.

#321 8 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Not to sound like a Best Buy shill, but just a reminder that they have two exclusive tracks. Honestly, they are two of my favorite songs on the album...don't miss them.

Looks like you can't get the CD with the bonus tracks from Best Buy online now and the nearest store showing them available to pick up in store is 3 hours away from me, even though I have a store less than 5 minutes away from my house. Damn it.

#322 8 years ago

Can't wait.. catching the show in Colorado at Red Rocks in 2 days.

#323 8 years ago
Quoted from danisme:

Looks like you can't get the CD with the bonus tracks from Best Buy online now and the nearest store showing them available to pick up in store is 3 hours away from me, even though I have a store less than 5 minutes away from my house. Damn it

It's a little sad that this still happens-I got the digital version, and no bonus tracks to be had. Nothing against Best Buy, but I haven't bought a plastic disc CD in years, and don't really feel like starting again.

Rest of the album is good though-looking forward to the show in Nov!

#324 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisBardon:

It's a little sad that this still happens-I got the digital version, and no bonus tracks to be had. Nothing against Best Buy, but I haven't bought a plastic disc CD in years, and don't really feel like starting again.
Rest of the album is good though-looking forward to the show in Nov!

Yeah, I haven't bought an actual CD in a long time, but was interested in the bonus tracks. I was hoping they might be back in stock, but it's doubtful that will happen, so I'll probably get the CD and MP3 combo deal through Amazon. My truck has a multi-disc player so a CD is still of some value to me, but digital is much better for sure. I just wish there weren't so many marketing gimmicks and gotchas everywhere these days.

#325 8 years ago

I've been away for a bit but...

Makes me wonder if Michael Jackson was ever posting anywhere. Apparently, he too was a big pinball player. One of his managers used to relate stories about MJ calling him up panicked in the night because his pinball machine broke.

...so, I guess that means Ed's ability to troubleshoot his own games makes him cooler than MJ?

#326 8 years ago

I made it to their show on the 12th with the Violent femms and Colin Hay. What an amazing show. He gave a shout out to Loyd as he went t0 SS billiards up in the twin cities. I can't believe I didn't piece it together and try and meet him "ambush" up there.

If they are in your area I would highly recommend you try and make the show. Their passion and excitement for what they do is incredible.

#327 8 years ago
Quoted from Gomer1969:

He gave a shout out to Loyd as he went t0 SS billiards up in the twin cities.

I was there I must have missed that.. what song was it before? I have the concert on video.

#328 8 years ago

I caught the last part on video. My phone said the time was 9:57. Again this was at the Friday June 12th show.
I tried to upload but I think the file is too large. I will try to put a link from youtube later.

#329 8 years ago

Ok so here is the link to him talking pinball. Yes its vertical..Please no grief I don't know what I am doing with video. It should work I made it non-listed but its not private.

#330 8 years ago

ohh the 12th.. days are a blur I was at the Colorado show on the 10th my bad.

#331 8 years ago

Guys we have Signed CD's by the whole band on there way to us now. They will be getting auctioned off at Pintastic New England July 10th and 11th!

#332 8 years ago

Road trip planned for this weekend.
Two of us headed to see the band in Michigan (about a 4+ hr drive each way).
Looking forward to it!

#333 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Guys we have Signed CD's by the hole band on there way to us now. They will be getting auctioned off at Pintastic New England July 10th and 11th!

I certainly hope you meant WHOLE band
orig-21194500.jpgorig-21194500.jpg

#334 8 years ago

I'm holding out for the vinyl version of the album (bigger graphics), and now they tell me it won't be available until July 24th!
.................David Marston
(the Pinball On Record guy)

#335 8 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I just received my CD from Best Buy today.....No bonus tracks
Must be USA only

#336 8 years ago
Quoted from danisme:

Yeah, I haven't bought an actual CD in a long time, but was interested in the bonus tracks. I was hoping they might be back in stock, but it's doubtful that will happen, so I'll probably get the CD and MP3 combo deal through Amazon. My truck has a multi-disc player so a CD is still of some value to me, but digital is much better for sure. I just wish there weren't so many marketing gimmicks and gotchas everywhere these days.

Best Buy has the version with the bonus tracks back in stock online. I just placed an order. They do list different versions so you have to pick the one with the bonus tracks. Thanks Ed and BNL for being great pinball supporters!

#337 8 years ago
Quoted from Malibu-SS:

I just received my CD from Best Buy today.....No bonus tracks
Must be USA only

Hmm. That's the link with the bonus tracks listed. I hope my order has the correct version or I'm going to be pissed off.

#338 8 years ago
Quoted from danisme:

Hmm. That's the link with the bonus tracks listed. I hope my order has the correct version or I'm going to be pissed off.

I had to buy from Best Buy.CA.not .com
Canadian Best buy. No bonus offer for Canadians.........weird.....BNL = Canadian Band

#339 8 years ago
Quoted from Malibu-SS:

I had to buy from Best Buy.CA.not .com
Canadian Best buy. No bonus offer for Canadians.........weird.....BNL = Canadian Band

Man you guys up there get no respect. You should send a nasty email to Canadian Best Buy and "in-lighten" them.

#340 8 years ago

Those guys came in the store last year and played pinball and gave all my guys free front row seats , then made them stand up and dedicated a song to us. It was If I had a million dollars and changed it to I would buy a pinball machine. They signed a Galaga marquee which hangs on our wall of fame now. Guys are super nice

#341 8 years ago
Quoted from rlevin:

Those guys came in the store last year and played pinball and gave all my guys free front row seats , then made them stand up and dedicated a song to us. It was If I had a million dollars and changed it to I would buy a pinball machine. They signed a Galaga marquee which hangs on our wall of fame now. Guys are super nice

WOW!!!

#342 8 years ago

Going to see them in Portland, Maine tomorrow night. Been hanging out with my kids on Willard Beach all week. Ate a lot of lobster. Went to Arcadia National Bar tonight and played pinball with my wife. Barenaked Ladies tomorrow. Good vacation so far!

#343 8 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Like an overlay on top of a playfield.

Yeah, at 1:27 it's clearly visible

but still a great clip!

#344 8 years ago

I just saw the BNL and Violent Femmes show at the Mohegan Sun this weekend - I couldn't believe how freaking awesome it was!!! My wife and I had a total blast! We danced all night and it was so much fun. Those guys really enjoy what they do. The music was incredible and our seats were perfect.

I just can't say how much fun we had and I've never been to the BNL or Femmes before. Colin Hay from Men At Work started the show with a few tunes we all know from back in the day. The Violent Femmes just kick butt! They are bouncing all over the stage and we love their songs. BNL started with Get Back Up and some of my favorites were Toe to Toe and Pinch Me (w/ Colin Hay) and the closer Zeppelin cover Rock and Roll.

Go out and see them if you get the chance! You won't be disappointed!

BNL.jpgBNL.jpg

#345 8 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Yeah, at 1:27 it's clearly visible » YouTube video but still a great clip!

I made the playfield myself, but I couldn't silk screen a one off playfield, there had to be some short cuts to build the pin in the 6 days they gave me, but the pin does work and play, flippers, inserts, drop targets and pop bumpers all work, The displays were not needed and of course sound was not needed.
I needed the Art work like ASAP so the material I used for the "Overlay" was not adhesive or paint friendly! I used the same material for the Backglass/Translight and it worked great there. So unfortunately the Overlay did not stick very well to the wood and I could not clear over it for fear of destroying it. I had one shot at it! No do overs

IMAG0751.jpgIMAG0751.jpg
IMAG0752.jpgIMAG0752.jpg

#346 8 years ago
Quoted from pineo:

I made the playfield myself, but I couldn't silk screen a one off playfield, there had to be some short cuts to build the pin in the 6 days they gave me, but the pin does work and play, flippers, inserts, drop targets and pop bumpers all work, The displays were not needed and of course sound was not needed.
I needed the Art work like ASAP so the material I used for the "Overlay" was not adhesive or paint friendly! I used the same material for the Backglass/Translight and it worked great there. So unfortunately the Overlay did not stick very well to the wood and I could not clear over it for fear of destroying it. I had one shot at it! No do overs
IMAG0751.jpg
IMAG0752.jpg

They could probably sell that printed pf overlay in that shape at shows.

#347 8 years ago

NYC tomorrow. I would buy an overlay!! It would be cool in a nice frame.

#348 8 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

NYC tomorrow. I would buy an overlay!! It would be cool in a nice frame.

Yeah me too, not a poster an actual overlay. Cut your own holes in a board, put your own inserts in and light them from behind. BANG...custom lit wall art. Some tips from the pro restorers here and these could turn out beautiful. Make a great Pinside topic and keep the buzz about BNL and Silverball going for a long time.

#349 8 years ago

BNL was on the Today Show this morning promoting the album. They had lots of pinball/silverball backgrounds that looked pretty cool. I didn't hear if they did multiple songs... when I saw it, they were playing 'One Week' ... I assume that was a second song being played.

#350 8 years ago

I've been a long time fan, but I don't often go to concerts. The Pinside angle pushed me to grab tickets to the show in Milwaukee.

Then my wife's family rescheduled her grandparent's 60th anniversary dinner to the night of the show. Begrudgingly, I will admit that family might trump music and even music about pinball.

This was weeks ago and I'm still kicking myself for missing this concert.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 377 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-exclusive-barenaked-ladies-silverbal-a-note-from-ed-robertson/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.