Topic Stats

• 373 posts
  • 196 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PismoArcade
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 43 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_2746.jpg
IMG_1057.jpg
BNLmg.jpg
IMAG0752.jpg
IMAG0751.jpg
BNL.jpg
orig-21194500.jpg
20150605_233042.jpg
IMAG0765.jpg
IMAG0772.jpg
IMAG0757-927.jpg
image.jpg
image-218.jpg
image-995.jpg

There are 373 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
#201 4 years ago

To all you Yanks ! These are the kinds of guys and the kinds of music guys that make me proud to be a Canadian! Doesn't it seem weird that Rush,( Canuck 3 man band ), Triumph,( Canuck 3 man band )
The Tragically Hip, April Wine, The Guess Who, Max Webster ( aka Kim Mitchell ) and The Bare Naked Ladies made it to the top of their games and yet remain pretty effin humble ? ? Oh no, we don't count Justin Beiber, don't try pulling that crap...LA wrecked that poor boy years ago. Do you really ever see any of these guys in the tabloids getting sex changes ? Ok, they are not poerfect, but its pretty damn rare and when you are humble with your fame, you don't make good bloid fodder...

I always admire how Yanks like to show their respect and patriotism for the US and living right across the River from Detroit, I witness quite a bit.

This is how us Canadians stand tall, great musicians that would show up to your house to play pinball...not everyone of course, but you get my drift.

We are quietly proud with our chests pumped up about guys and bands just like the BNL !!

Ed sums up us Canucks quite well, not that he represents everyone ( we have assholes too ), but the average Canadian.

All I can say is that "Congrats" on your new album, but I won't cheer too loud, for fear of being impolite...lol You know what I mean Ed...

I have seen BNL many times and the last time was last year at Caesars Windsor and not only did they play their music perfectly, they were very entertaining and you felt like you were just hanging out at the pub with them, having a beer and playing darts...in the short while, you felt you got to know them, just a little bit...now that is an Entertainer !

I am letting Ed know he can add me to his places to play away from home....

Cheers and good luck fellas, you earned it

Jim

#202 4 years ago

I got to meet Ed many years ago at NAMM at the Taylor Guitars booth. We were both geeking out over some of the new guitars there as well as the guitar Taylor made from the wood from a shipping pallet! It took me a minute to realize who he was and thank him for his band's great, fun music. Then we just went back to talking guitars. Now I see he's a pinhead, too? That's just too cool for words....

Hey Ed,

I said it many years ago and I'll say it again; Thanks for all the great music. You guys have some really fun, creative songs as well as some nice deep stuff, too, and you guys always seem to be having a blast up on stage(from the concert footage I've seen). I've got some great memories tied to some of your songs that always make me happy when I hear them.

Also, if you're looking for another show to visit that is very kickback and pinball only, Pin-a-Go-Go in Dixon, CA in a couple weeks is a fantastic show. I highly recommend it. CAX is amazing as well as it has vids to keep you busy while you calm down after insta-draining on your favorite pinball machine, but I see it might not work out with your tour schedule.

-Mike

#203 4 years ago

Love the new tune. Almost brought a tear to the eye. Looked at the up coming tour and noticed that east coast Canada is not listed. Hello?

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from DareDevyl:

Love the new tune. Almost brought a tear to the eye. Looked at the up coming tour and noticed that east coast Canada is not listed. Hello?

DITTO! Would love Silverball to come east - - -

Oh wait, I'm in Maine - but in the summer we becomes an adopted province, esp. OOB

BDN Headline: Maine ready for Canadian tourists

Tourism-Rebound-600x391.jpg
Dan and Cynthia of Toronto stroll along the ocean in Old Orchard Beach

- but I can't complain as they will be in Portland @ the State Pier in June as part of the It's the Last Summer on Earth tour.

#205 4 years ago

This story made me just find out when they are touring and buy myself a ticket! I want to support any artists that are into Pinball! (sidenote: I heard that Ryan Adams loves Pinball as well.) Going to see the Ladies this summer in St. Augustine, FL. Thanks for making this song/album.

#206 4 years ago

I am old and usually just listen to old music, but when I read "If I had a million dollars" here I was immediately transformed to times with my kids and long rides in the car. My kid's aunt made a 'mix' tape/disc with all of their favorite songs..and this was MY favorite. That is an iconic song for me. Singing in the car with my little kids is something I'll miss forever. So, thank you for that song!
Dave

#207 4 years ago

If I had a million dollars, I'd buy you a pinball machine
but not Rolling Stones, that's cruel

#208 4 years ago

Met him and the band shortly before running out to watch Ben Folds a couple years ago. Seeing them again at the Greek this summer, but sadly no front row seats this time.

#209 4 years ago

Very cool!

My wife and I are seeing them locally this July in Saratoga, CA.

I would also say the game room is open, but based on the video it looks like Ed has most of the same games.

#210 4 years ago

This is awesome, thanks Robin, for sharing and getting an exclusive announce via Pinside is pretty cool.

I met Ed at a Chicago Expo and didn't realize who he was until I read this thread and saw his picture just now. He was just a friendly guy that I ran into looking over one of the newly released machines.

Funny story from Dennis N. Someone brought Ed over to Dennis at the banquet to introduce Dennis to a "fan". Ed said his Whitewater was in his personal collection and that he really liked his pinball designs, etc. Ed leaves, and someone at Dennis' table says "do you know who that was?". Dennis - That's Ed, his name was Ed, right? Table guy - Yeah... Ed Robertson... from the Bare Naked Ladies. Dennis - no kiddin', that's cool.

#211 4 years ago

My guess is cover art was inspired by Black Knight 2000image-11.jpg

#212 4 years ago

Great song. Even for an old fart like me.

#213 4 years ago

I enjoyed it very much but really could use a bit more cowbell.

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from 1452spunky:

To all you Yanks ! These are the kinds of guys and the kinds of music guys that make me proud to be a Canadian! Doesn't it seem weird that Rush,( Canuck 3 man band ), Triumph,( Canuck 3 man band )
The Tragically Hip, April Wine, The Guess Who, Max Webster ( aka Kim Mitchell ) and The Bare Naked Ladies made it to the top of their games and yet remain pretty effin humble ? ? Oh no, we don't count Justin Beiber, don't try pulling that crap...LA wrecked that poor boy years ago. Do you really ever see any of these guys in the tabloids getting sex changes ? Ok, they are not poerfect, but its pretty damn rare and when you are humble with your fame, you don't make good bloid fodder...
I always admire how Yanks like to show their respect and patriotism for the US and living right across the River from Detroit, I witness quite a bit.
This is how us Canadians stand tall, great musicians that would show up to your house to play pinball...not everyone of course, but you get my drift.
We are quietly proud with our chests pumped up about guys and bands just like the BNL !!
Ed sums up us Canucks quite well, not that he represents everyone ( we have assholes too ), but the average Canadian.
All I can say is that "Congrats" on your new album, but I won't cheer too loud, for fear of being impolite...lol You know what I mean Ed...
I have seen BNL many times and the last time was last year at Caesars Windsor and not only did they play their music perfectly, they were very entertaining and you felt like you were just hanging out at the pub with them, having a beer and playing darts...in the short while, you felt you got to know them, just a little bit...now that is an Entertainer !
Jim

You forgot about Sloan, The Tragically hip-- two of my all-time favs.

#215 4 years ago

I was gonna say thanx to Ed and Robin but this says it all!

Up Votes.jpg
#216 4 years ago

I just heard this story on a Detroit radio station (93.9). They were reading the "rock news" stories and ended with this one. They specifically mentioned pinside and read the note Robin posted word for word. This story must be on the news wire now. Awesome for pinball and pinside.

#217 4 years ago

Ed,

Another great song. Next time you are in Atlanta, Vortex burgers are on the Pinball Circus team!

Paul

#218 4 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

My guess is cover art was inspired by Black Knight 2000image-11.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I think we got a winner there

#219 4 years ago

I've been listening to this song constantly over the last couple of days. I woke up this morning at 5 singing it in my head.

#220 4 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

It's a Pinside Rorshach test. We're all guessing what is subconsciously one of our most loved backglasses

#221 4 years ago

Have to say... everytime I see this post when I click on pinside it makes me smile, thanks again. Another great start to another wonderful day!
Have a silverball day everyone!

#222 4 years ago

What's a Yank? Is that an expression for an American?
Anyway, you forgot another Canadian band that I quite enjoyed seeing many times in the 80s - Nazareth.

Quoted from 1452spunky:

Jim

#223 4 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

It's a Pinside Rorshach test. We're all guessing what is subconsciously one of our most loved backglasses

Haha well I do love me some BK

#224 4 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

Quoted from dgarrett:

My guess is cover art was inspired by Black Knight 2000image-11.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Oh, you mean when I said it 3 days ago? : P

Quoted from Frax:

If you're trying to guess the reference it looks very BK2K to me...

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Oh, you mean when I said it 3 days ago? : P

He added pictures. I read like a 5 year old and skip to the images! hahaha

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Anyway, you forgot another Canadian band that I quite enjoyed seeing many times in the 80s - Nazareth.

"OH! No You Didn't." Nazareth is not a Canadian band, Sorry. Nazareth is from Scotland. The had a big hit with Joni Mitchells "This Flight Tonight". That tune received massive air play in Canada due to the Air play regulations in Canada at that time. Seems we needed our own Canadian content when listening to a radio.

No foul, no points, no real error.

#227 4 years ago

Ok, time to come clean. I am Ed.

Eddie Van Halen that is! I love pinball and have been lurking here for years and still get a chuckle out of my "hiding in plain sight" handle. I really enjoy rocking out, playing pinball and selling shoes.

Always been a big BNL fan.

Glad I don't have to keep paying off that idiot in NC for the cover up. Don't bother to PM, I'm already on the hotline with Robin to re-register under a new stealth handle. Over and out. "]EVH["

#228 4 years ago
Quoted from TopJimmyCooks:

Eddie Van Halen that is! I love pinball and have been lurking here for years

Now that's funny!

#229 4 years ago
Quoted from TopJimmyCooks:

Eddie Van Halen that is!

Why didn't YOU write us a song?

#230 4 years ago
Quoted from zaphod:

BDN Headline: Maine ready for Canadian tourists

LOL OOB Pier! +2 points for the reference photo

#231 4 years ago

Yup, as in Yankee....where have you been. That's the first time you've heard that expression.

#232 4 years ago

just finally got around to watching the video.

What is the older gottlieb they feature in it a bunch?

Nice collection Ed. Get rid of the superband junk and try the titan silicone, it plays more like regualr rubber and looks cool.

#233 4 years ago

This is really cool. I'm going to be seeing them in June here with Violent Femmes and Colin Hay.

#234 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

just finally got around to watching the video.
What is the older gottlieb they feature in it a bunch?
Nice collection Ed. Get rid of the superband junk and try the titan silicone, it plays more like regualr rubber and looks cool.

Looks like a Jungle Queen

#235 4 years ago

A British term, used since WW2. Maybe even WW1. Nothing to do with yanking yourself.

#236 4 years ago

Just seeing this now. Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

#237 4 years ago

yeah it's a super nice Jungle Queen that he just bought about 3 Weeks ago, he bought the White Water around then too.......

Quoted from Newstrish:

#238 4 years ago

This is so cool! Unfortunately I'm late to the party. My eyes missed this sticky. I guess they've become trained to automatically skip over them.

#239 4 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

This is so cool! Unfortunately I'm late to the party. My eyes missed this sticky. I guess they've become trained to automatically skip over them.

skip over what? Bare Naked ladies?

#240 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

skip over what? Bare Naked ladies?

Harhar.

No, sticky posts. I've often wondered if making a post a sticky actually decreases how many people see it. Do other people automatically skip past them like me?

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Do other people automatically skip past them like me?

Not me.

#242 4 years ago

BNL in Columbus, Ohio on 6/5/15 with Violent Femmes and Colin Hay. So, the dilemma I have is choosing between between the regular $45 general admission ticket or the $200 VIP package that includes a meet & greet and photo with the band. What to do, what to do? Wear my Pinside shirt and do the VIP thing, post the pic here? Or...save a bunch of money and just go have a good time, then hopefully see Ed at a pinball show (or Expo again) later and say hi.

#243 4 years ago

I always pay extra when it comes for music. That is a cheap experience if you ask me. Pay the $200 and have some fun.

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pay the $200 and have some fun.

OK. I've done it. I bought the VIP Gold package with the meet & greet. Fun Fun Fun. See ya in a month, Ed (and the rest of ya).

#245 4 years ago

you won't regret it. Worth every penny.

#246 4 years ago

Great song, gents.

Love your music!

#247 4 years ago
Quoted from Newstrish:

Yep, Jungle Queen Gottlieb 1977.
My list of the games and video time stamps
Bride :09
STLE :11
ACDC: 11
Whitewater :13
Woz :17
Met :17
BS Dracula:17
TWD :34
Jungle Queen :53 (PF 1:10)

#248 4 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

OK. I've done it. I bought the VIP Gold package with the meet & greet. Fun Fun Fun. See ya in a month, Ed (and the rest of ya).

Here's an idea, make a dvd of yourself rocking out with your electric violin and give it to Ed when you talk to him. Make sure it has your name, address and email on it and if ya know anyone to polish the vid with some editing and good sound that would really make you look and sound good. I had a M&G with the girls from Celtic Woman once and gave each of them a video I had done. Good luck and have fun.

#249 4 years ago

That's a good suggestion, MP. Thanks. I may just do that. A couple of videos are out there on YouTube already under Acoustic Mayhem.

#250 4 years ago

You won't regret the $200.

Enjoy and definitely post a picture!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
2,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Escondido, CA
There are 373 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside