7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Mr68
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

acdc_final-resized.jpg

#1 7 years ago

I’m really enjoying my time spent on Pinside and thank those of you who initially welcomed me. I still consider myself a newbie around here and wish to be respectful to all its members.

I am first and foremost a pinball hobbyist/collector and all that goes with that. My Glare Guards and web site are also a part of my hobby. Technically I am a business but I really consider myself more of a hobbyist than that. On the other hand I also want to promote my business...

Clear as mud right? Well, enough of that crap and to my point.

Is it considered bad form to post my web site in my signature? (see below)

Also please mention any pet peeves that I should be aware of and hopefully this thread will be beneficial to others along with myself.

Thanks all.

Kim
    http://www.WrongCrowdProductions.com/
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1099&parent=0

#2 7 years ago

Yr do-n Just Fine Bro !! I Need a Glare Guard for my NIB this week . I left the 1 you gave me on Raddroxx's BSD .. Glad we meet in Texas !!
    I Would Like to Have a Kustom Toilet Seat & Lid ,, Do you have 1 for my 5 Star Super Suck Flush Jacuzzi brand Toilet ?

#3 7 years ago

You will probably get different opinions on this, but I personally don't have a problem with it, other than it just looks a bit cluttered.

Not that you need to market to me Kim. I've got your glare guard on every one of my pins, and I always (strongly) recommend them to others....especially when I play a pin that doesn't have one!

#4 7 years ago

My opinion, I really don't mind when someone puts a link at the bottom of their posts as long as it is related to either pinball (such as yours) or the thread that the post is made in.

I do not like it when someone posts a link to some business that is not related to pinball.

#5 7 years ago

I have no problem with you posting that info. I have your glare guards on a couple games and their great.

#6 7 years ago

Kim:

Timely for me. Saw the guard at pinfest and didn't know how to get them.

Please send me a shipping quote for eight guards and a toilet seat to zipcode 20171.

Dan

#7 7 years ago

I wish everyone would, I want to see the goodies that are available, as well as people's colections and game rooms. Signatures are great....you don't have to click them if you don't want to...

Www.ovfdfireman.com

#8 7 years ago

On RGP the "personalized" signatures can be a bit long.
    No biggie if it is a link to your website Mr68, your stuff is good.
    Now if you were trying to sell shoes, or watches at an UNBELIEVABLE low price then yeah- GTFO!
    Pinball related stuff is cool with me. Just keep it short and simple!

#9 7 years ago

I think it's really inappropriate personally. Just crass.

Like for example, I'm running a tournament in two weeks. It will be a night of rock and roll and pinball with ACDC cover band Colonel Angus and a novices only pinball tournament. Free cover charge and entry to the tournament is just $5. Plus the venue has great titles like MM, SS, TZ, Getaway, ToM and of course, ACDC.

But I'm not advertising, just showing what it might look like if I was really thoughtless like you.

And I wouldn't post the website of the event either, cause that's just low. But if I was a low joe, it would be: http://pinballbayarea.wordpress.com/pinball-tournament/

But what would really take the thing over the edge would be to add a garish poster on top of all that. I'd never do that, you probably would, but not me. But just to show how inconsiderate and shameless that would be here is what a poster might look like. This is purely for educational purposes and not meant to promote any event:

acdc_final-resized.jpg

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I’m really enjoying my time spent on Pinside and thank those of you who initially welcomed me. I still consider myself a newbie around here and wish to be respectful to all its members.
    I am first and foremost a pinball hobbyist/collector and all that goes with that. My Glare Guards and web site are also a part of my hobby. Technically I am a business but I really consider myself more of a hobbyist than that. On the other hand I also want to promote my business...
    Clear as mud right? Well, enough of that crap and to my point.
    Also please mention any pet peeves that I should be aware of and hopefully this thread will be beneficial to others along with myself.
    Thanks all.
    Kim

Pet peeves eh? For one hurry up and finish that BSD and then invite me over to play it.

Seriously though Kim, I wouldn't sweat your sig. Very useful for pinheads to know where to get glare guards.

#11 7 years ago

Jonnyo

I'd feel a lot better if you'd post a smiley face along with your sarcasm. Or send back that shirt I gave you, you humorless bastard.

Kim

#12 7 years ago

I don't think it's bad at all.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Also please mention any pet peeves that I should be aware

It has always bugged me when Mothers want a daughter so bad that they give their son a girl's name.

LTG

#14 7 years ago

Snap!

#15 7 years ago

Just the opposite. Want to know how to reach a vendor and the easier the better : )

Whats up with the toilet seats?

#16 7 years ago

I doubt anyone would have a problem with it.. and if they do who cares? Personally the only thing that gets my goat in forums animated .gifs especially in avatars.. very distracting and annoying.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

I doubt anyone would have a problem with it.. and if they do who cares? Personally the only thing that gets my goat in forums animated .gifs especially in avatars.. very distracting and annoying.

Nimble, your bothering the guests again. I think the only one proper corse of action here.......

I personally want the guys on this form to post there sites if there in the pin business. I try to deal with members here first.

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Whats up with the toilet seats?

Poop Bumpers. Its a classy product for the sophisticated.
    http://www.wrongcrowdproductions.com/poopBumper.htm

Kim
    http://tinyurl.com/7q8q856

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Mr68 said:Also please mention any pet peeves that I should be aware
    It has always bugged me when Mothers want a daughter so bad that they give their son a girl's name.
    LTG

Knock off the name teasing, Floyd.

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

Like for example, I'm running a tournament in two weeks. It will be a night of rock and roll and pinball with ACDC cover band Colonel Angus and a novices only pinball tournament. Free cover charge and entry to the tournament is just $5. Plus the venue has great titles like MM, SS, TZ, Getaway, ToM and of course, ACDC.
    But I'm not advertising, just showing what it might look like if I was really thoughtless like you.
    And I wouldn't post the website of the event either, cause that's just low. But if I was a low joe, it would be: http://pinballbayarea.wordpress.com/pinball-tournament/
    But what would really take the thing over the edge would be to add a garish poster on top of all that. I'd never do that, you probably would, but not me. But just to show how inconsiderate and shameless that would be here is what a poster might look like. This is purely for educational purposes and not meant to promote any event:

Attachments acdc_final-resized.jpg (145.8 KB, 0 downloads) 7 hours old

Well it is a pinball forum, a place you should be able to go to find out about a pinball party

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from jonnyo:

Bwahahaha . Morning laugh....check !

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

LTG

OMG! Now coffee is everywhere....damn you LT

#23 7 years ago

Hey, my ass knows that seat well.

Quoted from Mr68:

Hwawonyu said:Whats up with the toilet seats?
    Poop Bumpers. Its a classy product for the sophisticated.
    http://www.wrongcrowdproductions.com/poopBumper.htm
    Kim
    http://tinyurl.com/7q8q856

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Hey, my ass knows that seat well.

Your face also, Mr. One More Beer.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Knock off the name teasing, Floyd.

Roger that Mrs68.

LTG

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Mr68 said:Knock off the name teasing, Floyd.
    Roger that Mrs68.
    LTG

bazinga!

#27 7 years ago

Doesn't bother me a bit. In fact, I think anyone who sells pinball related merchandise should post their site in their signature. That way people looking for parts and accessories know where to go! I have your DMD guards on both of my pins and love em. Thanks!

#28 7 years ago

Doesn't bother me either, but considering how rarely it will be useful here, only one link would be better. Can't you just add the second link to the page the first link brings up? No biggie if you leave both. At least both potentially lead to something.

There are a couple of sigs that really peeve me off. The useless 'This message sent from an iWiz9000' is the worst. I don't care what you're posting from. Can that even be turned off? Another one I don't like is where the sig is way longer than the post. You've got 47 characters in your sig and your reply is '+1'? Sorry, that don't cut it. All too often these same folks will have their name listed twice in their sig. The have auto-sig turned on, but they forget and type out their name a second time. Thanks a lot Bob Bob.

#29 7 years ago

I got your back Mr.68.

#30 7 years ago

Hey Kim, don't mind at all. I love my poop bumper by the way. Its a real funny convo piece when my friends come over.

#31 7 years ago

Pet peeve. People who invite themselves over to your house. "When am I coming to play your new xyz?" Never now Beotch!

#32 7 years ago

Welcome again.to pinside.

Be polite but do as you please. Unless that conflicts with site rules.

The crapper looks pooptastic by the way.

As for the glare gaurds what is the difference in your product vs say "the only real pinball manufacturer in the worlds"? Is it the same product just cheaper??

Thanks for the laugh LTG

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I'll be honest with you, I'm not a fan of this and of post signatures in general. Main reason: it distracts from the topic. What worries me most is the thought that soon people will have 4 or 5 lines of signature in each and every post (something I always really disliked at RGP).

This is actually the reason why I have not added a signatures features to the forum.

I would suggest adding the links to your profile story and not in each post on the forum. But note that this is currently not in the site rules (no one ever does it, so not needed atm) so basically it is allowed.

That's my 2 cents! Again, there's no "official" stance on this yet.

Oh and welcome to the forum, great to have you and your poop bumpers on here!

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

I'll be honest with you, I'm not a fan of this and of post signatures in general.

Quoted from robin:

That's my 2 cents! Again, there's no "official" stance on this yet.

Thanks Robin, I appreciate your candor and other peoples advice in this thread. I'm thinking maybe I'll do a hybrid of suggestions and simply fly my web signature on a case by case basis but certainly not all of the time.

As I stated in my original post, I do want to be respectful and that's why I asked. Should Pinside's official stance change in the future I'll be pleased to comply with your wishes.

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Pet peeve. People who invite themselves over to your house. "When am I coming to play your new xyz?" Never now Beotch!

Here I was thinking about taking an Alaskan cruise and looking you up too!

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Wow, guess I can't joke around with Kim on Pinside.

#37 7 years ago

I have no problem with links in the signatures (Maybe because I do it all the time). But i hate to see the url it self. I think it looks better if you take the time and do it in html...

Example:

http://www.iowapinballclub.com

vs.

Not only that, for SEO reasons its much better too, even if there is a rel="nofollow" attached to it!

-Aaron

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Wow, guess I can't joke around with Kim on Pinside.

Why not? That's what you do at my home you chuckle head.

BSD should be done in a week or so. Stop by for some Johnny Mnemonic in the meantime. I can't stop playing it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 109.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 11.95
    £ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.00
    Boards
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 142.00
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 89.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside