Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by phishrace
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phishrace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

I've already reconciled this in my head, but just wondering what the consensus was.
Is it wrong to not inform an operator (who you do not agree with - about upkeep, business practices, etc) about a problem with one of their machines on location? An issue that only minorly effects game play, but poses problems for the quality of the machine over the long-term?

That's quite the quandary you have there. On one hand, you want to do the right thing and report an obvious problem, small as it may be. By doing so, you would help not just yourself, but everyone else who plays the game. On the other hand, you obviously don't care for how he conducts his business.

Ordinarily I usually recommend folks try to contact the operator at least once to get repairs made. You've obviously already made contact with this op in the past and have not had satisfactory results. As a regular location player, I also have to consider your location. Things are getting better in your area, but there's still a long way to go.

As a location player first and an operator second, I give my blessing for you to play the hell out of his games and not tell him about minor issues. Nothing that would hurt the game obviously, but if it's good enough to have fun on, by all means get selfish and keep the minor problems to yourself. As long as your dropping quarters, you're doing good for the hobby. Thank you.

Quoted from Patofnaud:

Operators know their machines, and they also know that as long as quarters keep dropping into them, they are fine. Your telling them that something is wrong is akin to telling your wife that dress doesn't make her look THAT fat.,

Nonsense. My games are just about always clean and working 100%, but I appreciate when folks let me know about problems. If it's a legit concern, it's fixed within 24 hours.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

I was really on the fence about this one because it's something that will hurt the game. Missing shooter rod rubber. If his attention to previously missing rubbers is any indication - this could sit unattended to for a long, long time. I also know that the balls in the machine haven't been replaced in quite some time. So - spinning ball of death, tearing up a pf.
Ho hum. I informed him. Hate to see games damaged.

Painful as it may have been, you did the right thing. Nice work. In the future, option C could be the post it note trick. Write problem on post it, then tape post it to top of playfield glass (don't use duct tape). I'm not a fan of this as a player or an op, but it might work for your situation. Technically, you're sorta defacing his game by taping a note to the glass. But, you're also both reporting a potentially damaging problem to the operator and letting others know of the problem. You get in a quick jab, but he can't call a foul.

Quoted from LTG:

Most locations won't refund lost money or for games not working.
LTG : )™

Mine do, even though the signs say no. It doesn't happen often, but the business owners are savvy enough to know if it's legit or not. Last week I cleared 8 dimes and a bunch of quarters out of a coin slot on WPT. I hope whoever put the 8 dimes in wasn't expecting their nickel in change!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilsonville, OR
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanted
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 47.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phishrace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-ethisist-informing-operators?tu=phishrace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.