24 days ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Toasterdog
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0107 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0106 (resized).jpg
    Onewheel (resized).jpeg
    F269C4A7-96C2-4C19-A9D3-6A86AF9991F8 (resized).jpeg
    53C730BC-27C1-4E3A-B7B8-E57DBAEF87DF (resized).jpeg
    5081D8A0-90FE-44BE-BA4F-286DB110FA60 (resized).jpeg

#1 24 days ago

So this might be a small club now but I bet it grows soon. These are cost prohibitive and techie toys so figured there might be a few on these boards that already joined the club. If you can afford a new pinball machine you can certainly swing these.

If you haven't and you're on the fence, I can wholeheartedly say "Go for it!" I love using these and get an amazing workout. Started with Fat Tire E-bikes that I built for my girlfriend and me. If you watch YouTube you've probably seen the Boosted board and Onewheel too. Yep, those were next.

5081D8A0-90FE-44BE-BA4F-286DB110FA60 (resized).jpeg

FWIW I’ve ridden lots of bikes in my life. I’ve owned BMX, hybrids, road bikes and full suspension. This is my first eBike and first fat tire bike. Love it! The fat tires provide a lot of air and cushion on the road. They also have rolling resistance to limit my urges to push the top speed. I can still get low 30's with peddle assist, but rarely go faster then 20 mph or so.

Bikes are rocking BBSHD with 52v batteries. Range can be really far if you only use peddle assist 1. +50 miles easy. I like working out in peddle assist 1 with a really fast cadence. I can usually maintain a HB of 135-150 bpm which rocks for my cardio. The legs can do as much or as little work as I want.

IMG_0106 (resized).jpgIMG_0107 (resized).jpg

The boards on the other hand are just fun as shit. A little adrenaline and fear to help pump the blood, but I always ride with a helmet and gloves. Often a lead elbow pad and knee pad too, depending on my ride. I'm still new to the boards, but feel really comfortable on both. I bought these becuase they're cool, but more so to work on and maintain my balance and core. I'm 48, so figured if I wait too lon I might not be able to grab a board and learn.

I hadn't ridden a skateboard in like 25 years and the boosted was easy to pick up and feels stable. The Onewheel a little more difficult since I had never snowboarded or surfed. They both have a similar, but different feel. It feels a little weird to go from one to the other. The boards have improved my balance and leg strength rather quick. I usually don't get too nuts, but enjoy carving and feel comfortable. Definitely can fatigue the legs and feet with lots of riding. More noticeable on rougher terrain and sidewalks.

Like I said these are all somewhat new to me, so I was hoping to find others that ride electric, alternative vehicles like these. My county is dangerous with lots of traffic, but lots of trails too and back roads for me to get around.

#2 24 days ago

Very cool. I ride a Scott mountain bike everyday (12 miles) around ft lauderdale, on the sides of canals checking out the loads of iguanas hanging out there. I always have been intrigued with E Bikes , but fear they are to heavy as I like to do jumps and tricks on my ride. I do urban riding and some off road stuff. Its really nice to see the world around you at 10 miles an hour. You can really appreciate it better. Love to ride.

#3 24 days ago

got a FLX blade this fall.. makes commuting a very hilly commute easy. bafang ultra max drive, 48v.

#4 23 days ago

Modfather the bike is heavy. My motor is 12 pounds, battery is 7.5 pounds. The weight is of no concern for normal riding, but tricks might be tough.

Speaking of tricks look what I did riding trails this morning in heavy fog. Bike slipped coming off a wooden bridge. My body took a few scrapes, but my Apple Watch series 4 wasn’t so lucky.....doooh!

F269C4A7-96C2-4C19-A9D3-6A86AF9991F8 (resized).jpeg53C730BC-27C1-4E3A-B7B8-E57DBAEF87DF (resized).jpeg

#5 23 days ago

Nice setup Tom. The Flx blade looks awesome. I considered adding front suspension but nothing that would warrant in my area and the tires are comfortable.

I’ve got a plus size wheelset (2.8” vs 4”) but prefer the ride quality of the fat tire over less rolling resistance. If I did switch permently I would add a suspension fork.

1 week later
    #6 11 days ago

So, I've since replaced my watch and got Apple Care this time. Man that was an expensive lesson. Anyway, the Onewheel came yesterday and I feel pretty good on it right now. A little wobbly, but I've never surfed of snowboarded and this doesn't give me the same feel as being on a skateboard.

I think riding will build the stabilization muscles to feel totally safe. I do feel pretty good for 48 years though. I rode 4 miles round trip to do a bank deposit today and successfully ran off my board after losing control at almost 15 MPH. I think my legs were a little tired and I lost concentration after going over a uneven sidewalk.

Anyway tons of fun. I wear a helmet and gloves, but not much of anything else. I've tried to ride with a slight forward facing foot in the event I have to bail I have a chance to run off of it like I did. Totally stoked I didnt eat it this time.

Anyone else?

Onewheel (resized).jpeg

#7 6 days ago

I know it's Pinside, but c'mon I can't be the only one riding these? These are so fun. Who's joining this club? Check out YouTube if you haven't seen them.

I can't speak for the mini, but the classic (longboard version) is really stable.

#8 3 days ago

You can see what you don't want to do in the first minute of this video.

Demo courtesy of my friend Vic

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 14.00
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 49.95
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 11.95
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    $ 10.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 98.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 49.00
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 26.95
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside