Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by alexanr1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AF9D6F4B-73A2-4B83-8D4B-7F024184F134 (resized).jpeg
    88845D3A-CFDF-40C0-BE67-0A66EDD5B065 (resized).jpeg
    33C733BF-ADB6-48A8-B71A-3761482636AA (resized).jpeg
    1C033E80-64EC-47A2-BD65-CF486822BDAD (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Tantrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 2 years ago

Honestly, I am more concerned with the new ocean alert. A new ocean didn’t spawn out of nothingness. Taking away planets, adding oceans, seems like certain types of “scientists” are more concerned with relabeling established reality than actually making efforts towards discovery. In all honesty, there are a lot of unintelligent non-serious people in science and they are mostly blind to their innate non-scientific bias.

I find it both amusing and sad when I hear definitive proclamations regarding speculation related to complex systems like “the science is settled”, “science is absolute”, and “there is a scientific consensus” (all of which are unscientific by definition), and then out of the other side of their mouths they are basically implying they think all scientists before them were idiots who thought we had four oceans and nine planets. It sort of begs the question of how long it will be before the next generation will come along who consider these to be relative imbeciles.

For those who may be downvoting, my arguments are not against science as I am actually pro-science in my beliefs. My issue is with "scientists" who have allowed political ideology and other influences cloud their logic and conclusions. Science should always be driven by unfiltered logic towards discovery and progressing humankind forward, and conducted not with arrogance but with awe and wonder. Mathematics, chemistry, physics, engineering, etc. are all fields that I'm fascinated by where science is geared towards challenging the status quo and common knowledge to find evidence that might prove it false and to better define/explain the world around us. However, my attitude towards the pseudo sciences is fairly critical. One quick example of this is that you can find published reports on nearly any pseudo science topic that have contradictory conclusions. Typically, all you have to do is look at the funding source for the study or the origin of the group performing the study, and the conclusion will be pre-determined based on that bias.

Would love to openly discuss opinions, but probably the wrong place for an open analysis on the topic.

#39 2 years ago
    Quoted from pins4u:

Oh - but I have been told for years by Apple 'fan bois' that it's IMPOSSIBLE for Apple products to get viruses, be hacked, blah blah blah.
    Turns out they are just as vulnerable as any other brand product. Who would have thought.
    I can't for the life of me work out why people are still willing to give this company "over the odds money" for products that clearly, and by many definitions, are far from "superior" as many try to make out?

The core of the argument is why focus efforts on 10% of the the personal computer market when the other 90% is what runs the world (servers, business, finance, etc.) In other words, it has never been an issue of vulnerability, rather, opportunity for the hackers.

However, with mobile devices taking over the world you can guarantee that both iOS and Android platforms are target rich environments.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Tantrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-data-leak?tu=Mr_Tantrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.