Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by Eric_S
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 months ago

Didn't see a post on this yet, but the collection page looks a litte different. But with that are "values" of each of the games that seem out of whack.

Star Gazer is a $12k game now?
    Cyclopes is only worth $3,200?

What's happened to the values? I know these are guidelines but something is not right.

#2 11 months ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Didn't see a post on this yet, but the collection page looks a litte different. But with that are "values" of each of the games that seem out of whack.
    Star Gazer is a $12k game now?
    Cyclopes is only worth $3,200?
    What's happened to the values? I know these are guidelines but something is not right.

Based on averages… cyclops has no volume.

#3 11 months ago

Cyclopes had 5 sales. 2 are given a value of $2k for a trade which makes no sense. The other are given $4k, $6k and $8k which don't match the archived sales.

I'm hoping it's a work in progress. If not, who wants a $12k Star Gazer?

#4 11 months ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Cyclopes had 5 sales. 2 are given a value of $2k for a trade which makes no sense. The other are given $4k, $6k and $8k which don't match the archived sales.

The last few nice Star Gazers have all sold over 10k. That is a super popular pin now. I have been offered 10k twice for mine and it isn't even for sale.

#5 11 months ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

It’s all manually entered and self reported data anyway. People can say stuff sold (or didn’t sell) for any amount, there isn’t a verification process, and as someone else said it’s an average of previous sales. It’s a helpful starting point and good reference but your best bet is going though the archives and seeing what sold recently and in what condition.

#6 11 months ago

I understand that. But since they've gone to this new format the values are all over the place. These same games used to have somewhat realistic values, now some are crazy low and others high. There are others that seem relatively the same as before. Just trying to understand what's happened recently.

#7 11 months ago

The values have always been for entertainment purposes only,
    And to help drive traffic here. This is nothing new.

#8 11 months ago

Well, I'm definitely entertained. Mix in the top 100 ratings and it's like a hilarious comedy.

#10 11 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The values have always been for entertainment purposes only,
    And to help drive traffic here. This is nothing new.

What does this mean for my portfolio?

#11 11 months ago
    Quoted from radium:

What does this mean for my portfolio?

Sell to buy. Buy to sell.

#12 11 months ago

edit

#13 11 months ago

edit

#14 11 months ago

Seems OK to me.
    I'll give you $3,201 for your Cyclopes.
    That's over the average value. I think yours is better than average, so worth the extra.

#15 11 months ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Seems OK to me.
    I'll give you $3,201 for your Cyclopes.
    That's over the average value. I think yours is better than average, so worth the extra.

#16 11 months ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

Didn't see a post on this yet, but the collection page looks a litte different. But with that are "values" of each of the games that seem out of whack

There's a collection value page?

#17 11 months ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

There's a collection value page?

Click on your round profile picture (avatar) at the upper right corner. Then click the collection tab. There's no total, but the current market value is listed next to each title in your collection.

#18 11 months ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

These same games used to have somewhat realistic values, now some are crazy low and others high...

Yeah j just noticed this myself and had a chuckle.
    HWN 8,200
    DI 8,200
    Fathom 7,300

Contact me people, I'm ready to sell

#19 11 months ago

“Pinside value” always been way too low.

Now they seem to be too high.

Well the only difference is now I’ll be hearing about “Pinside value!!!” From sellers rather than buyers.

Last year PM to me: “Pinside value of breakshot is $1400. But I’m prepared to offer $1500!!!”

#20 11 months ago

Yeah from what I've seen some are wayyy to high and others are pretty spot on. It goes off an average, not sure how else it could be done but yeah it can be quite misleading at times. I would never refer to it, O'well....it's only pinball.

John

#21 11 months ago

Nice…. pretty soon we will have our ranking on the pin socio economic scale next to our achievements.

#22 11 months ago

I was having trouble using the link to move a game from my wishlist to my collection; I ended up just adding the game to my collection from the machine search.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-collection-prices and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.