(Topic ID: 111648)

Pinside Cheapskates Association T-Shirt now available!

By Frax

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Frax
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

download_20141208_155156.jpeg
    download_20141208_155150.jpeg
    20141205_203719.jpg
    20141205_203640.jpg
    2014-12-05 20.41.54.jpg
    299458.jpg
    299453.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

http://pinballswag.com/product.php?productid=81&cat=1&page=1

Thanks to my friend Greg at PinballSwag for getting these up and making them available. I put a good chunk of work into it, as it's my first real venture into working with vector art in any real measure. Drew everything in MS Paint, then tried to vectorize it, and ended up having to do a lot of cleanup work and redrawing. The ball is 100% vector, couldn't ever get it translated over well, so I redrew the whole thing.

Here is the test shirt he printed for me, ignore the color variation on the back, production shirts won't have that "feature" and the text will be slightly lower. I'll get better pics tonight (along with the pics of other things I promised people like two weeks ago.../facepalm) and update this.

299453.jpg299453.jpg 299458.jpg299458.jpg
    #2 9 years ago

Dull gray t-shirt - check
    Fuzzy art - check
    PINSIDE - check

ordered - check!

#3 9 years ago

Lol, to be fair, I'm sure if someone wanted something other than heather gray, Greg could probably oblige. These are all printed one-off anyways. It's all converted back to raster before printing anyways as far as I know, so there shouldn't be any transparency issues....just eyesore issues. Sorry about those pics.. it was from before we got our new phones... old freakin' iphone 4 camera sucks!

#4 9 years ago

It had color choices, I chose black. We'll see what happens. I'm ok with it as long as it's not white or red

#5 9 years ago

See, I didn't even look that close at his site, lol. Heather grey was my personal preference, so that's what my sample shirt is on, and what I asked for.

You might want to email him... I don't know how he's planning on printing it on black since half the art and text is black. He can just change the colors in his editing program I suppose, but aesthetically, it wasn't really meant for a black shirt. I just wanted to get it out there first and then do alternate colors if requested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bargain-basement-club/page/2

You can see the original art, minus some revisions there..

I think probably the easiest way to print it on black would be to make the checkboxes and front text white. My personal choice would be red like the back, but then you have the red check on a red box....nah.

#6 9 years ago

Here. This should be better. The shirt isn't dark grey for sure as I have it

2014-12-05 20.41.54.jpg2014-12-05 20.41.54.jpg 20141205_203640.jpg20141205_203640.jpg 20141205_203719.jpg20141205_203719.jpg
    #7 9 years ago

Okay so....

Now available in black, apparently..lol. Greg killed this one IMO, looks awesome. Pics incoming.

#8 9 years ago

Black version.

download_20141208_155150.jpegdownload_20141208_155150.jpeg download_20141208_155156.jpegdownload_20141208_155156.jpeg
    #9 9 years ago

Agreed. He sent me the images to preview since I ordered black. My response was "wicked! do it!"

#10 9 years ago

I think the black looks great.

#11 9 years ago

no cheapskate would spend $30 on a tshirt

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

no cheapskate would spend $30 on a tshirt

Don't like it don't buy it. Not complicated. They're made on demand, PinballSwag isn't sitting on a huge inventory of them, so nobody gonna be all butthurt if only four or five sell.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Don't like it don't buy it. Not complicated. They're made on demand, PinballSwag isn't sitting on a huge inventory of them, so nobody gonna be all butthurt if only four or five sell.

Lighten up.

#14 9 years ago

Nice job on the shirt frax. I dig it!

#15 9 years ago

You forgot to call me Francis.

#16 9 years ago

I ordered two a couple of days ago one for me and the Cheap bastard wife! Can't wait to wear it proud!
    Thanks,
    Joe

#17 9 years ago

Quality looking garment!

#18 9 years ago

does it come with cheesy doodle whipage down the front?

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

does it come with cheesy doodle whipage down the front?

All user customization has to be added post purchase, sorry.

#20 9 years ago

hmmmm.... maybe laseriffic or mezelmods has some options

#21 9 years ago

Total DERP moment, I forgot to say thank you to Robin as well for permission to put the Pinside name to the shirt, and for keeping this nuthouse going. I'll be re-upping my donation shortly.

#22 9 years ago

New shirt idea:

FRONT:
    Pinside manor:
    "how much is game X worth"

BACK
    if I am looking to buy, its worth peanuts and I'm gonna step all over your post, but if i own one and want to sell, its suddenly worth GOLD!

hahahaahaha

#24 9 years ago

Heck, if you are taking suggestions how about one that says:

On the front in small print on the left side of the shirt - Pinside logo
    On the back - "Keyboard Commando Crew Member"
    Another back option - "Price Police"

People could buy them for themselves or members could buy them and send them to those that are the most deserving.

#25 9 years ago

Keyboard Commando sounds like it would be a good one for Ryan to draw. Me and humanoids not so good...

I've got an idea for the other one, but this next month or so is an absolute madhouse... three pin tournaments, and I gotta start shopping stuff out for TPF...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-cheapskates-association-t-shirt-now-available and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.