IMG_20240407_141221695 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240407_135817543 (resized).jpg
20240406_115430 (resized).jpg
20240406_115423 (resized).jpg
20240406_115419 (resized).jpg
Toyota 1980s jumping.gif
Toyota jumping.jpg
Landcruiser (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider travish.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 7 years ago

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#6 7 years ago

Forgot to say no pinguments here I hope.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from edcianci:

I love my antique cars - but sadly because of my children's driving records I have been dropped by my insurance company - so here I am sitting with 20 plus antiques. so if anybody is looking I started selling them. I have sold a few already - this really hurts and it sucks - you might want to remind your kids that their actions effect the parents. I haven't got into an accident or got a ticket in 25 plus years.
In my case because they are licensed drivers in my household I have been cancelled even though they aren't eligible to drive them - what a stupid law. they can't drive them unless they are 24 - but yet they keep me from getting insurance. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid
some of them to go
73 cougar xr7 conv
1980 mazda rx7 - mint - drives and looks new - 50k miles - got it off original owner
1940 chevy deluxe - suicide doors - mint - 2nd owner
shay model a
67 Plymouth satellite - 2 door - buckets, looks like gtx
66 mustang conv
68 ford torino gt conv
56 bel air conv
57 bel air - no post 2 door
70 challenger rt clone conv
46 merc conv
55 t bird conv
55 bel air conv
I am keeping a few and putting them under my regular insurance - but I can't afford to do that with all of them
thanks ed

Wow, nice. Do you need a long lost son?

I use Hagerty. $150 a year full coverage, guaranteed $10,000 value.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from zarco:

Before and during my pinball collecting addiction I was into cars.
Here's a current list;
MG-TD, Austin-Healey Buegeye Sprite, A-H 100-6 and 3000 mkIII, 1960, 1964
and 1968 MG Midgets, MGB-GT, Jensen-Healey, Triumph TR4A, Jag XJS,
Mercedes 350SL and 450SLC, 1978 Vette and 1964 Lincoln.
Yeah, I'm partial to Britmobiles. Also like series 1 and 80 Gottliebs.
See the link?!
Pinball haulers; 1990 3/4 ton GMC with liftgate and early Jeep Cherokee.
Steve

Boy you are a glutton for punishment.

My friend in high school had a late 60's mg. He could tap the gas right when he pushed in the clutch and it would backfire. He loved making the girls jump.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

my uncle Bill has a classic car collection and even a rat rod his pin hauler

New meaning for the term rat rod. Means it has rats.

#42 7 years ago

Lot of cool cars here but no one is saying how long they have had them or how much they paid. Had my big Buick Riviera 27 years and paid $400. Here is a before shot. My son is 27 now.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ah the days when a hood was strong enough to stand on!

Not only that but you can stand inside the engine compartment to work on it.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

My other expensive hobby.
At least I can use my trailer for both...

Is that Road Atlanta?

1 week later
#167 7 years ago
Quoted from Kingsley73:

My 1971 Corvette LS5

Oh snap, my dad had one just like that except yellow. The side pipes had little diamond shapes cut out of them. My stepmom would get out and burn little diamonds into her legs. I loved that car.

#185 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

You just need someone to do a truck conversion on your Vette. Then your pins can ride in style.

That's the elcorvetto model.

1 month later
#274 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

My 59 fury actually only costs me €100 insurance a year.
Classic car insurance is real cheap over here.
You don't pay registration in the netherlands.
We do have something called roadtax,depending on how heavy your car is.
But cars over 40 years old are roadtax free in the Netherlands.
So it costs €8 a month to own it,awesome right?!

Awesome
I have insurance thru Hagerty on my big Buick. Full coverage, $15,000 guaranteed. It's $135 a year. Also since it's over 25 years old it doesn't require an inspection. Taxes and tags last year were $45 and mechanical parts are dirt cheap. Just don't dent it, sheet metal isn't.

Sometimes I don't get people buying tiny new cracker boxes for $20,000 and then paying $700~$800 or more a year for insurance and a couple more hundred in taxes. I can fix a lot of stuff for $20,000.

1 month later
#403 7 years ago

Hey everybody. I got new mufflers today. How do you like them?

IMG_2410 (resized).PNGIMG_2410 (resized).PNG

#405 7 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

If I had that car, I'd never leave 1st gear and pour in a jar of Orville Reddenbocker in each side and hit the strip!
Kudos for something fun.

If I did that I would have to change the big decal in the back window to "squirrel feeder". I can't do that, I spent all my money on the awesome pipes.

#407 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I'm totally astounded that it's parked outside Walmart...
Risking getting your tires slashed... just sayin'

Thats great. I actually got that off the "people of Walmart"

Oh tilt, I got the freak in sheet today. Thanks again. I will have to go to Walmart and get a frame so I can hang it.

#411 7 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

The D-Type was understably way more fun to drive.

Hey... they got the steering wheel on the wrong side and a MPH speedometer. They just cant get anything right.

I had to look it up to see what it sounds like.

3 weeks later
#486 7 years ago

Oh 928s, DO NOT lock your keys inside. It is possible from the passenger side. There is only one specialty tool you can use and no one has it anymore.
The correct key blank is HF55. It is not a high security key so pretty cheap. Get copies now.

2 months later
2 weeks later
#644 6 years ago

I still have my trail 70. The faster red one, not the crappy gold or blue. Ha ha.

That thing can sit for months, turn on the gas, hit the choke and kick it twice and off you go.

#651 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

CT70H. H for hand clutch, not the pussy 3 speed clutchless version. My late dad actually licensed it and took it to work (old Detroit Police HQ at 1300 Beaubien) using surface streets and parked it inside with the cop cars. This was during the Arab oil embargo in 73 or 74.

The problem is the gears are backwards from other motorcycles. Down is a higher gear up is lower. I always go to shift up and about go over the handlebars.

1 month later
#702 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's a given, I'm talkin about 3 ton floor jacks and jack stands. That's what I use.

Damn you got heavy jacks. How do you move them around?

3 months later
#863 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I love end of summer night driving. Perfect 62 deg.

Until you get a flat and have to be towed at 2:00am.

#865 6 years ago

They saved me on Monday night. Glad T had it.

1 week later
#889 6 years ago

While not technically a car, the idiots at my work are bound and determined to waste as much money as possible. We can get small vans like the Ford transit or Nissan nv200 on contract for $14,000. Those are not green enough so we buy these at $20,002. They are always broke down with problems and good luck when it's cold out.

IMG_3472 (resized).JPGIMG_3472 (resized).JPG

#895 6 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

Do you drive that hokey little van on the road?

I won't. I still have a full size ford van. When "real" vans have to be replaced expect a cart. If I even hear a squeak I write a w/o for the mechanics.

1 month later
#960 6 years ago

You could fit 2 of those in 1 parking spot.

#972 6 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

Hi guys,
Justin from new zealand here.
This is my 67 fury 4dr hard top. Canadian assembled factory right hand drive, sold new in n.z. in 67. 468c.i. bb stroker. A lot of custom on it including custom leather interior.
Also my 2013 street bob limited edition.
Pin hauler is a 99 toyota hiace LWB in green.

Watch out. It looks like that dog needs to pee.

1 month later
#1070 6 years ago

Well duh.. they've been lowered.

#1076 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Paint is down, now wet sand then clear then wet sand, well you know the drill..

Black is so hard to keep looking nice. Every little mark is like a magnifying glass looking through a microscope.

#1123 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah the car makers learned a thing or two since 1970.

Yea like $500 water pumps and $800 headlights.

#1130 6 years ago

You bastards got me listening to car exhausts on youtube for 1/2 an hour. No wonder I can't get any thing done. Oh look, a squirrel.

#1136 6 years ago

There are like a thousand videos of just exhaust and engine sounds.

1 week later
#1142 6 years ago

The interiors of Cadillacs and vettes of that era do not hold up well. I bet the leather on the original seats were cracked all to pieces. Fitting those Vette door keys when lost are a pain in the ass but the telescoping steering columns are great. I can fit switch keys in 5 minutes.

#1144 6 years ago

I always hated fitting Fiero door locks unless it had the rear hatch release. GM said remove the outer door skin instead of the interior panel. The battery is in the engine compartment and if it dead the release won't work. Here's a tip I figured out. Take jumper cables from your truck and hook the negative to the brake pedal arm and a probe from the positive to the fuse for the release and push the button. Save you an hour and a lot of cussing.

Guys from work say how do you remember all that shit and I say because I literally did thousands of them. We did all the dealership repo's for $35 each. Great when you got a Honda (every lock has a code) or a Nissan with the code in the glove box. Sucked when you got a Saab or a Renault. Guess it all averaged out. I have fit keys for some REALLY nice cars over the last 35 years.

2 months later
#1290 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

The wood sticker is a performance option

5 hp. Oh wait, that would double it. Make that 2 extra hp.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider travish.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-car-club?tu=travish and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.