IMG_20240407_141221695 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240407_135817543 (resized).jpg
20240406_115430 (resized).jpg
20240406_115423 (resized).jpg
20240406_115419 (resized).jpg
Toyota 1980s jumping.gif
Toyota jumping.jpg
Landcruiser (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanstl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#241 7 years ago
Quoted from pinworthy:

Nice job, that's a great purchase. I was looking for an IS-F but at the time I couldn't find the right combo of price and equipment and when I came across the right car in a 350 I jumped on it and like you didn't have a reason to let it go ... then the RC came out and I'm smitten, I will see how long I can hold out
I haven't owned anything but Toyota/Lexus since the 90's, my current pin hauler is a Tacoma Pre-runner and this is my toy toy '94 FZJ-80

Lifted, armored, locked front and rear, 12000lb winch, dual batteries with AC converter (runs an Engle fridge/freezer and crock-pot to make sure I eat well ) and tons of little mods/updates.
I did a custom 8 speaker 1200 watt Pioneer DVD sound system i-Pod inputs, with back-up and "belly" cameras to keep an eye on things.

Since I left Colorado it just doesn't get much use but it has seen every nook and cranny of Colorado, Moab UT as well as the Rubicon Trail in CA.

I love your 80 Series TLC. I would love to build my 100 series, but it's my DD and no place to let her loose.
IMG_2248 (resized).JPGIMG_2248 (resized).JPG

Sorry, this was the only picture I could find on the old MacBook.

1 month later
#334 7 years ago

Always wondered what it was like driving on the salt and then how much effort it takes to clean it all off.

2 months later
#513 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The FD3S is probably the best of that bunch (except the NSX) but the rotary engine puts a lot of people off it.
I've owned 7 FDs I think. I sold my last one last year, I don't think there will be any more.
rd

You know, I am 37 and your FD makes me drool more than a countach. Recently, I have realized I really want what was new 20 years ago and now obtainable.

#531 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That grey one, I built from a stolen and recovered wreck.
It had all custom tan leather (same colour as Aston Martin) R-Magic guards, R-Magic front, custom grey paint, 17x9s all round, rebuilt engine with 3mm seals, flowed de-sequentialised turbos, downpipe, 3" exhaust all the way, and Power FC driving it all. Cusco twin plate and 5 speed box.
It was a reliable 400hp every day, at only 1 bar boost. With FDs only weighing 1200kg, that's a fast street car.
If you really want to get the FD3S horn, and see more wings that Robby Ts Lotus, check out my old R-Magic race car.
rd

That's insane man. Nice work.

1 month later
#598 7 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Some more of the SS. I saw others do it, but I was really glad to get all 3 car seats in this thing!
I've never had anything with an LS in it before, but the sound is incredible. The car handles great with the mag ride suspension, and while I may miss the high revs of the RX8, I love the low end torque that this car has available at all times.
I need to get the RX8 out of storage and get at least a couple "out with the old, in with the new" pictures. I hope to do that this week and post the RX8 up for sale. I'll truly miss that car... hopefully I'll have the opportunity to own another some day, but there's no room for 4 cars at my house.

Nice SS. I need to be looking for one of these in the next decade. One hell of a deal for the power. Always thought the biggest loss for getting rid of Pontiac was loosing the G8.

2 months later
#738 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Saw this one yesterday while heading to VFW.

Looks like the one that has been making the media rounds. All reviews I have seen have been the white spec. I would love to see a better color on this awesome car.

1 month later
#795 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

More race than car, but the black one is completely street legal (depending on if the cop, but most have been super cool). Camaro is a procharged 640 with 44lbs of boost, been low 6's. The GTO is a 632 with two systems on it and has been mid 6's.
People rarely believe what we've driven on the street, so for your viewing pleasure...
» YouTube video

It's great that you were driving so slow, but sound like you were extremely over the limit.

1 week later
#846 6 years ago

Funny, there was a truck behind me for a while on the arterial I take home. He was consistently behind me so no good look, but it looked low. I thought there is a low rider; haven't seen that in a while. He finally caught me and it was a Taco'99-'00 X-cab that had been used hard at work over the years. Funny how what is small then compared to the smallest trucks you can get today. It looked like a mini to me, but I can remember the Datsun's from the 80's.

2 months later
#923 6 years ago
Quoted from Cappi:

Just got a Morgan a few weeks ago. Weather has been nice and got 450 miles on it already.

I've been eyeballing those Morgan 3-wheelers for some time. Keep us up to date to if you like it, hate it, and how it holds up.

1 week later
#951 6 years ago
Quoted from bkbirge:

No pin hauler sadly, but this is my daily driver, 1978 Nova.

You Texans are so lucky. Cars last forever there. No need to worry about ruuuuuuust.

2 months later
#1081 6 years ago

That looks like you are going to have a big rear tire with the fender flare. I can't wait see you do a burn out.

#1097 6 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

I had that exact wheel tire combo on the back of my 78 Ranchero back in the early 80's. The wild part was it fit without any mods. Also had 265/50's on the front.

I can not wait to see pictures of your final product. I have always loved Mustangs and yours looks like it is going to be something special. The rear fender extensions almost remind of a RWB Porsche 911, but you have a nice clean look, not screwed in.

#1100 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Was that meant for me Ryan?

Oops, yes it was.

#1118 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's what I thought, thanks. Here's my buddies Mustang at Daytona this past December, I shot video and was crew for him and the ride along was unbelievable.

That looks like fun as shite. The tastefully done liberty walk looks great. In black yours will be more sinister.

4 months later
#1435 5 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

This is my 1999 TOYOTA Landcruiser that I bought new. Her nickname is “Old Blue”.
I have several friends who are ready to fight it out with a choice of weapons if I ever decide to sell due to the fact that she’s been garage kept since new,never been driven by a woman or young adult and has depreciated to a low value but is still in like new condition. I went looking at the 2017 model last year and sticker price was almost $80K. Only major option they’ve added in almost 20 years is adjustable air ride. My grandfather would be angry hearing me say it but it’s true...the japs build a real solid truck that’s much higher quality than the Ford Explorer I owned prior to this!

Love it. This is my daily driver, although I have a 2002; same color.

BTW, the AHC system was available at a point in time for the 100 series. It was standard on the LX470. Toyota does not allow any options on the 200 series Land Cruisers. You don't want DVD screens on backseats...too bad...you don't want powered rear seats...too bad..you don't want navigation...too bad, etc. Hence, the 85k price tag because it is all or nothing.

The Land Cruiser has always, I mean always been higher quality than any Ford Explorer or any other SUV for sale, ever.

4 months later
#1645 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Roadkill! Yes!
My heroes.

I used to love Roadkill, but they jumped the shark and left Youtube. I used to watch their early episodes like old Top Gear episodes. We need something new.

2 years later
#2209 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Building this 100 Series back. Got good bones. Like the tail gate.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh hell yeah, that's what my daily driver is. Mine is an '02 Atlantis Blue Mica. I absolutely love the tail gate and side fold back seats. I keep one down for my son whom let's himself in and out the back and the other up for cargo.

#2211 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Sorry, but did they accidentally put all 4 spares on?? Those are hideous!!!
Glad you like it though!!

No, the steel wheel look is very popular with the overloading/off-road crowd.

#2213 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Or paying max for min lol. And no, steel wheels are not overly popular with the off roading crowd, at least not here in AZ.

Steel wheels can take damage and can be cheap where the money can go into the beefy tires instead. I don't want to speak to the Defender owner here, but it's one of those dressing down things. Makes your expensive truck look more rugged. Doug Demuro (Youtuber) explains this as he really wanted steel wheels on his new Defender, but couldn't get them on the trim level he wanted and is considering changing out.

#2216 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

You are fortunate to own one. I removed the seat behind the driver and the driver side jump seat. I can sleep in it or load a pinball and still seat 4.
Really put a lot of maintenance in this since these pics were taken and removed the running boards.
Getting ready for a set of BF Goodrich KO2 just can't decide on the size.
Love this thing.
Post a pick of that 02

Not picturesque, but here is my hundy parked in the garage.

IMG_20201222_202341331 (resized).jpgIMG_20201222_202341331 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2247 3 years ago

I’ve got the same color 1999 and have friends willing to go Mano A Mano with my choice of weapons for the chance to buy it.
Sorry but she’s NOT for sale!
The wheel well trim was listed as a southern region only option. I’ve never seen another one that had it.
The Brass Rail is a few Miles away from the Allentown Pinball show.
Highly recommended!

Nice, we need a club.

#2248 3 years ago
Quoted from baltistyle:

‘06 100 series
‘13 e63s (“s” this year was just performance package but not awd) otherwise loaded with lots of goodies.
Enjoy your cars
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I almost got a River Rock Green Mica LX470 Hundy before I came across my Atlantis Blue Mica TLC. You're in the club.

4 months later
#2353 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Common'.... you know the Volvo kicks it! (:

I was wondering when you where going to recommend Volvo. I really like yours, BTW, and love the passion for it.

#2355 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

If only I could find me someone to put in an LS6...

ot
I'm sure plenty will do it, but it will take money and time; like everything else custom. It doesn't need to be a hot rod anyway.

#2357 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

LOL! I love the P1800. It just needs to do a few burnouts.

I need an LS for my Land Cruiser so I can do a four wheel burnout. Nevermind, I would just break it.

3 months later
#2423 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

2022 Acura Integra anyone?

https://acuranews.com/en-US/releases/release-ca54ead83e3667d0b2045585b00568e1-a-legend-returns-new-acura-integra-coming-for-a-new-generation
Only a teaser of an image, anyone else see anything elsewhere?
I owned a 91 until 99, curious to see more of this one.[quoted image]

Wow, car scoop on Pinside. I'm a regular on the Car & Driver website and this is the first I've heard of Acura bringing back Integra. I really want a Legend. I don't want modern styling, but throw back retro 90's styling.

#2424 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Wow, car scoop on Pinside. I'm a regular on the Car & Driver website and this is the first I've heard of Acura bringing back Integra. I really want a Legend. I don't want modern styling, but throw back retro 90's styling.

Edit: I just realized; what a surprise, someone on Pinside wanting stuff from the 90's.

Edit, edit: Damn, hit the qoute button instead of edit button again. When will i learn?

1 month later
#2517 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

OK here’s mine, I’ll try not to get too long winded. My 1967 Mustang Fastback, I’ve had this car for 35 years, this was my daily driver the year I graduated from high school. I blew up the original 289 I replaced it with a 302 and then about 6 years ago I installed a balanced and blueprinted 351 Cleveland 4V into it. The car has a T5 manual transmission now with a 411 posi in the rear, I have the original Toploader tranny put away. I took these pictures today when I removed the car from it’s storage capsule to drain the fuel, put fresh clear premium in it and run it up and down my driveway. I lost my driving privileges two years ago due to epilepsy so I have not driven it since except for on my driveway which luckily is a half mile long. This car is like a time machine, when I get in it after all these years it instantly takes me back to my late teenage years, it is an amazing thing. One other thing I have noticed is that every year I get this car out and it looks more beautiful and I look a little worse
The pic of the car back in its bubble was the last pic I took today, every year I hope that next year will a better year for me and I will get to go cruise it again like old times.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice Mustang. I have to admit though. I couldn't help thinking you needed some floating packing peanuts to get the full snow globe effect. Best Christmas decoration ever.

6 months later
#2609 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Sad day for me. I had to sell my pride and joy, to help lean up our monthly budget for a new job that will not pay as well as my current employer does.
I will be much happier at my new job, but I will certainly miss the commute in the most favorite car that I’ve ever owned.
That being said, I will NOT miss people screwing with me on the roadways on a daily basis.
Tailgating me, revving their motor at a stoplight beside me or behind me, flying by at speeds double-digits over the posted limit…the list goes on.
Granted, if it was a muscle car or other hot sports car, okay…I’ll bite, let’s go. But 99% of the time, it was a soccer dad in a minivan or a kid in a ‘95 camry (no offense meant to the camry owners out there) or methed out dude in a clapped out pickup truck.
Farewell, my daily-drivin garage queen…I will miss you!

Sorry you have to sell, it's a really nice mustang.

#2612 2 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Lowered the stelvio, really enjoy how it handles now and it looks 10 times better at this height. [quoted image]

Do you consider yourself owning a SUV now or a hatch? My wife had an '02 Forester and she hated it when I called it a tall hatch. I didn't get the anger she would exhibit when I said that because it is what it is. Most SUV/CUV are tall hatches now. So lowering one gets into that territory. One of my past vehicles was a Subaru Crosstek and I had no problems telling people it was a lifted Imprezza. Don't know my point other than its a bit ironic seeing someone lower a SUV. Does look good though.

#2614 2 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Call it whatever you want lol no anger to me.
I still call it an SUV, but it's now in oversized hatch territory. Or weird wagon.
I've never been an SUV person, and the stelvio from the factory rides WAY too high for my liking. So decided to make it more my own.

I bet it handles better.

1 week later
#2619 1 year ago
Quoted from SeymorGoldfarbJr:

Finally got one of my new imports detailed and out in some nice weather.

This is a totally innocent question with no ill intent. Why import a Lancer Evo? Does this have a spec you just can't get here without import? It looks cool, but I don't know enough to know if that is a kit on top of the Evo.

2 months later
#2639 1 year ago

It’s a 1996 EVO IV. They didn’t import the EVO into the US until the 2003 EVO VIII. This has only been legal to import for less than a year and there are likely only a handful of them in the entire country right now.

Very cool. Gotta lover the 25 yr rule.

2 months later
#2682 1 year ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I love how you packed that beautiful car into your garage!

He's got R2D2 to change the oil too!

#2693 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Out for burgers in the 911 I’ve called “Zoidberg” because it has a “Lobster Red” interior.
[quoted image]

Cool pic. Someone needs to photshop it so it says A porsche Burgers.

#2708 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

Got the Austin out for one last drive and now she’s tucked away in the garage. Small cars are handy.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
And had the Viper out for a last wash of the season and while I cleaned up the garage.
Ready for some exhaust work this winter…
[quoted image]

Dang, no way would I be able to get that out. Did you use jacks?

#2714 1 year ago
Quoted from ViperTim:

Solid rear axle so I just push it in until the front bumper almost hits the wall and then just jack up the rear and push it in.
Easy 1 man job, only takes a few minutes.

I was picturing a 50 point turn and having to climb throught the passenger side to get out.

#2724 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Did you check kbb? Maybe i am off!

Ha, did this turn into the shitpost thread?

1 week later
#2726 1 year ago

Subaru made a huge mistake switching the auto WRX to a CVT. What a crap transmission. Manual all the way!

#2730 1 year ago
Quoted from atpcfiaim:

Every Saturday morning in the summer is a free car show called Exotics at Redmond Town Center near Seattle.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those are some truly awesome cars.

1 month later
#2748 1 year ago
Quoted from dung:

My little fleet. Debating what to do next. Have 17k free and clear of the wife. If I want a normal sized car the mondial qv would get sold but I like it. Could theoretically fit a kei car. Kicked around the idea of an az1 but would have to sell something like banzai run. Don't play it anyways but if I park a 4 car in the garage it's gonna be tight and a pain to shuffle around what I am driving.
[quoted image]

What is the delta between the Mondial and the az1? Both have similar side vents

#2750 1 year ago
Quoted from dung:

An actual trunk and backseats.

In the az1? Wouldn't surprise me with Japanese packaging skills.

1 month later
#2795 1 year ago

Here’s my most recent JDM purchase. 1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R. It’ll be a bit different than the Kei cars I’ve mostly imported.

Do you have a Godzilla Stern to go with it. Nice ride.

#2801 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Parked for the winter.

I love that. Anything more American?

#2817 1 year ago

I love both G-Wagon and Mustang. Nice.

1 month later
#2866 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Been on a search for a 718 Spyder for a few months now and finally found one in Chicago, w/just 5k miles
It just came in via freight in a covered transport this past Saturday and I’ve only got 10 miles on it but holy cow!
It’s everything they say it would be - precise, raw, fast, tight … looking forward to some warm and sunny weather to really give her a workout
4.0ltr, 414hp, 8,000 red line, carbon buckets … it makes the 911 I sold last year feel like a family car in comparison
Even the PDK is significantly more precise in shifts vs the ‘09 Carrera S
My over axle GPF delete pipes just arrived so those will go on next week - needs a little more “volume” in the low/mid RPMs, but at 6-8k it a glorious roar!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's one hot looking car. Nice find.

2 months later
#2897 11 months ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I spotted the new E=RAY
[quoted image]

Are sur he isn't trolling?

1 month later
#2942 10 months ago
Quoted from Junkhauler:

I bought my 91 NSX back in 1995.... even picked up my wife for our first date in it back in the 90s
Still gets lots of looks and thumbs up cruzing around town. Lots of fun to drive.....
No plans to ever sell.....

I just watched Doug Demurro's video on a '95. I really wanted to buy one when they were just another used car, but life didn't allow. I've missed the boat on this one.

#2944 10 months ago

I love how your first picture is a Mustang with your handle, then you didn't disappoint.

#2951 10 months ago

Awesome collection!

2 months later
#2962 8 months ago

I wished they called wagons here estates. Sounds so much better. Love the Mini!

1 week later
#2988 7 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Porsche still uses "Turbo" on its electric vehicles.

My first computer a 426 desktop had a tubo button. Pretty sure there was no actual mechanical turbo charger.

#2989 7 months ago

I saw two McLarens in a week on the Interstate going the opposite direction. Couldn't document, but they were cool looking. I also spotted Trekkie's Corevette at a local Lowes, but he claims he didn't leave Jersey.

3 weeks later
#3020 7 months ago

NOT mine. But it was so out there I felt compelled to take pics and share.IMG_20230927_121749231_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230927_121749231_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20230927_121759943_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230927_121759943_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20230927_121831313_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230927_121831313_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20230927_121856767_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230927_121856767_HDR (resized).jpg

#3021 7 months ago

Details.
IMG_20230927_121811740_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230927_121811740_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20230927_121847203 (resized).jpgIMG_20230927_121847203 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230927_121912592_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230927_121912592_HDR (resized).jpg
IMG_20230927_121903092_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20230927_121903092_HDR (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3065 6 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

He said it saves him like $70 bones a month
I don't know-I drive like a bat out of hell and have places to go and things to do-Move Bit$% get out the way [quoted image]

Takes the fun out of a Tesla. State Farm tried to get me to do that and I declined

4 weeks later
#3081 5 months ago

Love it.

#3099 5 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Little random #4runnerbytheriver lol... Little roadie with the dog.... And the wife.
[quoted image]

Nice 4R. What do you think of the 2024 Land Cruiser that was announced?

#3106 5 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

Thanks Ryan. I dig it. I have a standing order for a 6th gen 4r but I'm sure they'd let me convert it to one of those....and I might. I'm a big fan...and I'm sure they'll overland and wheel well. The hybrid and smaller motor doesn't bother me as it does with some. Smaller overall unit is an interesting choice I think too.

I'm thinking it's not going to be worth the upgrade from the 4R, but it is supposed to be a bit bigger. we'll see. I like what I have seen of the styling.

#3108 5 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

That's the only oddity I think is that it's so much smaller than the OG....makes me wonder if there is any reason to have a Sequoia anymore or if it'll take over the bigger spot. Should be interesting as I could use a "BIT" more space, but don't need a lot as it will just equal more body damage out west lol

New TLC isn't suppose to have a third row. Sequoia is safe.

#3110 5 months ago

Yeah, I know what you mean, but think they should call the new TLC something along the lines of FJ Cruiser. The real TLC, ironically, is the Lexus.

#3112 5 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I thought it was odd to remove the LC from USA, make it the Alpha of all of them, then pivot and make it an entirely different unit. I agree they could have left the LC as a non usa unit or something and called that new LC the FJ redux and been good, but LC gets people's attention I guess. I dunno, some folks way smarter than me decided and they didn't ask me, so shrug. LOL

The real Land Cruiser is still here, but in ugly grill mode as a Lexus LX 600. There has been a Lexus equivalent, that's not been that much different since the 80's. Toyota is taking a lesson from for Ford and what they did with Mustang.

#3117 5 months ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

The real Landcruiser is the one available in Australia with a solid front axle and diesel options. These other mall crawlers, including this new Prado petrol rebadged as a LC just can't equal the durability and simplicity of the 70 Series or Troopy.
I consider how much fuel I can buy with the cost of a new vehicle and decide to keep my 1998 LC.

Would be cool if they imported the Landcruiser 70. I learned something new today. Didn't realize they made it one word for that model.

#3121 5 months ago

The NL Vacation car makes me smile.

#3123 5 months ago

Wouldn't be right without it.

2 weeks later
#3135 4 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am interested in a INEOS Grenadier 4x4 that just hit the US to compare to the new 2024 Landcruiser. For the price point they appear to be loaded and very capable off road vehicles.
I had fun building one on the website with extras to see what it looks like...
Try building yours:
https://ineosgrenadier.com/en/us/
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like a ripoff Land Rover Defender.

2 weeks later
#3140 4 months ago

Nice, have they been reliable?

#3145 4 months ago

Hope the new one is just as good!

#3146 4 months ago
Quoted from Meegis:

That's a loaded question. Overall I think they are great, can't compare the drove to anything else, but they do have their low points of quality sometimes.
Mine was both lucky to not have common things, but it still had it's quirks. Hoping this new one is better.

Wasn't supposed to be loaded. Mainly it was a question in regard to shop time while ownership.

#3149 4 months ago

Sorry, didn't know. I don't need details. Love the new color. Hope it does good for you.

1 month later
#3207 81 days ago
Quoted from pinworthy:

When I moved back to CO I did a refresh on my fleet and added a 200 Series Land Cruiser for pin hauling and towing my new camper.
[quoted image]
[quoted image] 007 LE is a perfect fit
[quoted image]
Lost my nice detached garage and only have a 3 car so I had to get 4 inside I had to get creative with my toys
[quoted image]

Love it.

#3230 79 days ago
Quoted from pinworthy:

Back in August I was dropping my Spyder at Blue Chip for service and they had this one in the lot ...
[quoted image]
Hard not to drool

That's a lot of effort in a roof rack for a couple jerry cans. Looks cool though.

#3233 79 days ago
Quoted from pinworthy:

According to the guys at Blue chip the owner bought that car because the rack is hard to come by in the US
Too be fair it also carries some Maxtrax
[quoted image]

The owner will never use. I would just fill the jerry cans with booze and give out shots at car meets.

#3234 79 days ago

I know this isn't the confessional, but I had a '14 Subie Crosstrek, got a roof rack/basket and planned to add the max tracks, axe, shovel, etc. I couldn't bring myself to do it because I would have been such a poser. I ended up using the basket a few times for coolers, but not worth the 2 mpg hit I got everyday driving it. I sold it to get a Land Cruiser and my Land Cruiser has been bone stock for 8 years. I never felt the need to improve it.

1 month later
#3261 45 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

We will miss you sweet Taco
[quoted image]

Very nice, but if I had a Taco I would drive it until the end of time. I'm a guy that daily drives a 22 yr old Land Cruiser.

#3267 43 days ago

Woo Hoo! Mine turns 25 this year.
And NO!, I don’t need anyone to do me a favor and purchase it from me.
[quoted image]

Mine looks identical except I don't have the wheel well trim.

#3269 43 days ago

It's a Land Cruiser. Nothing else needs to be said.

1 week later
#3300 30 days ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

I have been thinking about a new sequoia, I have 18 and 21 4rs now but I've been on the next gen 4r list for almost 2 years lol so maybe I'll wait to see that before I do anything.

Sequoia is huge. I'm eyeballing the new Land Cruiser or GX. I have to wait for some depreciation though and that might be awhile.

#3319 24 days ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

It’s not bad. I bought one for my wife and she loves it, being a Toyota it should be good for 200k miles
[quoted image]

I'm 222,000 on my 22 yr old Land Cruiser.

2 weeks later
#3333 9 days ago

Now the NA Land Cruiser is Prado based the 4R makes more sense for the money.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanstl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-car-club?tu=ryanstl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.