3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,958 posts
  • 308 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by dasvis
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,628 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5343 (resized).jpg
IMG_2390 (resized).PNG
20190711_131613 (resized).jpg
20181203_131553 (resized).jpg
20190105_134631 (resized).jpg
20190408_145914 (resized).jpg
20190816_164047 (resized).jpg
20190816_164011 (resized).jpg
IMG_0133 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_8040 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)
70716612_377793983151041_1868156618793811968_n (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_141617237 (resized).jpg
Scan car.pdf (PDF preview)
20190914_150921 (resized).jpg
20190914_150643 (resized).jpg
5304A027-CFC1-410E-B3D0-5DA46014883E (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robertmee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#554 2 years ago

A few of mine....notice a theme

$_57 (resized).JPG

photo (resized).JPG

P1020250 (resized).JPG

#555 2 years ago

And one I'm building for my wife...an original 1990 Dakota Convertible. Transplanting a 360 Magnum into it.

20170222_114806 (resized).jpg

#562 2 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Was it originally a v6? Dont see many of those trucks anymore.

Yes....of the 2800 of these built over three years (89-91) only one v8 was built in 91. The 89 and 90s had a square nose and not enough room to fit a V8 by conventional means. Shelby built v8s in the 89 but they had to push the engine back to the firewall and change the driveline.

In 91 dodge redesigned the front nose adding three inches...the frame and fenders stayed the same but the hood core support and bumpers changed. Only 8 verts were built in 91 and only 1 with a v8. It was on ebay recently. So I did the same...I put a 94 front end on mine to fit the v8.

#572 2 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

I always thought they were pretty cool trucks. Didn't know they built that few, there was a guy we used to see at the mopar nationals in ohio every year, him and his wife had 2 Shelbys, I dont know what years they were. Remember seeing one on the freeway in the early 90s upside down with the windshield and roll bar smashed all the way to the doors, so unless the person driving ducked i doubt there no longer with us.

Shelby models only in 89...none that were verts.

And yes as someone above said that rollbar is where the seat belt harness connects. It doesn't have cross bracing to really serve as a roll bar bit it's probably better than nothing.

#573 2 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Turbo power!!! I love the GMC Syclone (and Typhoon) and Grand National, way ahead of their time when they came out. I used to have a 95 Ford Lightning with the Windsor V8 and a buddy owned a Syclone and I was mighty impressed by what it was capable of. Alot of people think American car manufacturers just got into turbo charging within the past 10-20 years.

Close....but pic #2 is my marauder with a trilogy kit. Supercharged not turbo. Also my marauder is what they call a model 300a. Produced only in one color. After six months mercury introduced the 300b which added traction control and three colors. So in addition to being forced air cars, theyre all limited production, less than 2 model years made (intercooler GN only 86 and 87...marauder 03 and 04....syclone 91 only) and only available in black

#575 2 years ago

Not much....the grill changed...silver accent in 86 to all black on 87. Black door pulls to grey. Rubber lines to metal. Climate control option in 86. There are lots of misinformation about the power train but they were exactly the same...buick used different points of the same rpm curve to boast different numbers in different years...but both were grossly underestimated to get by epa regs. The 87 did offer the GNX version...less than 600....numbered dashes, beefier suspension and some performance enhancements.

1 month later
#627 2 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

I bought her when I was 19 and have now owned her for almost 31 years. One of these days I do hope to restore her, but she still looks pretty good. Not bad for a Minnesota car

Very sweet ride

2 weeks later
#631 2 years ago

I was all excited until they presented the list of cars it beat...10 to 20 year old technology...did Honda write that article

#634 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Still pretty impressive, in my opinion ... those are still highly sort after, expensive cars.
2005 Ford GTs are listed here between $250,000 and $500,000 USD.
https://www.carsforsale.com/2005-ford-gt-for-sale-C147780
And the Honda is a $35,000 (list) 2 liter 4 cylinder hatchback.
rd

No doubt a good bang for the buck....I just thought it was kind of funny, the list of 20 year old cars they were comparing it to. To be fair, the list should have all the current ferrari's, Lambo's, audi's, Tesla's, etc....Or at least show some comparison to to 370Z, Genesis, AMGs, etc in that price range. I'd be more impressed if it was at the top of the sub $50K range (and it may be), vs comparing it to 20 year old cars.

#667 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Since I wasn't seeing much Love for the great AMC I thought I would post a picture of my 1970 AMC Gremlin. Levi interior and to the dismay of most of the high $$$ cars at the show it wins most every time. It's parked next to my recently sold 1965 Mustang. Love that AMC, sad to see them all gone. So many memories for So many people I bet....Lol

Sweet....My Dad had a blue/white V8 version in 74 I believe. My parents ran the gamut of AMC...First the v8 gremlin, which was totaled with my mom and sister driving....So then he bought a 76 Pacer. He didn't like it so he pawned it off mom and bought a 77 hornet station wagon, orange with wood paneling. Eventually that would also become Mom's car.

I'll never forget, summer of 82 when I turned 16. My parents previously had bought my 3 sisters (who were much older) each a car for their 16th bday. My oldest sister got a Corvair...cool car. My middle sister, a VW Bug...cool car. My youngest sister, a 1966 mustang convertible...the coolest. I come home and in the driveway is a 1974 Datsun 260Z. I'm all excited until I'm handed the keys to the 77 Orange Hornet...the 260z was for mom However, today, I look back fondly on that car. It was a tank, never left me stranded, plenty of room for the gang, and I put some big 12" tube speakers in the back and a PA horn on top tied to my CB radio, and I was living life large.

#670 2 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

There was a dealership back in the day that was putting 401's in Gremlins. Talk about an X-package!

Randall AMC in Mesa, Arizona. Still by today's standards, a mildly fast 13.8 sec car after modifications. Only 20 of them were built over 3 years, so pretty rare...One was for sale on ebay recently, but apparently the asking price too high:

ebay.com link

4 months later
#887 2 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

This is my pin hauler. 700hp Black Ops Tactical F150. Reinforced military steel front and back. Pins get delivered safe and sound every time.

That's awesome....never heard of these. More info?

2 weeks later
#929 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

That's awesome, I always thought of getting a 60's era Dodge A100, which is sort of like yours.

Not really.....that Honda is one of the Jap utility vehicles....You can find them all over ebay/CL, but in most states they are not registerable. Some states allow for limited use, like 35mph and under. Most states, not at all. I looked at them a few months ago, but in my county/state it was a near impossibility to register so I gave up.

#936 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

Correct. Japanese market only Honda Acty. They are registerable for street use for sure in 21 states. Definitely not in some and questionable in several. Mine is fairly modified cosmetically. Still has the original drivetrain. Will drive at 55 or so easily but gets a little sketchy above that. Sure makes a hit at Cars & Coffee and won an award in the truck class at a recent car show.

Yes, one reason I wanted one....I like to drive unusual sh** . I was on a motorcycle ride a few months ago, and happened upon a tow truck lot and they had a half a dozen of them sitting in the yard in various states of condition. That's when I became interested in them and started the research. I could use them in my area as a farm vehicle, but since I don't own a farm, it was a non-starter. The reason the tow yard had so many, is they couldn't get them registered either. So to sell them, was near impossible. I always wondered where they came from tho and how the yard ended up with so many.

3 months later
#1075 1 year ago

I've been looking around for a new to me truck....it's really disheartening to see what the current models for trucks are. Only 3 from chevy, ecoboost crap from ford, and rotary dial shifters from dodge. Toyota TRD looks to be the best of the bunch. I'm thinking of finding a clean avalanche instead and dropping a forced induction 6.0 in it.

#1086 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

How about going old school ... something like a restored El Camino or C10?
I sort of fancy getting one of those ...
rd

I have been looking at everything from C10's, older wranglers, D100's, etc. I have no problem building a retro-mod, but I've been hesitant on a C10 because I want extended cab. I've seen a few stretched, but body work is my limitation...I'm a nut/bolts/electric guy. I think the first extended cabs were introduced early 70's but they're so blah looking. I really like the look of the Avalanche...I'd heard rumors that Chevy was going to bring them back, but nothing concrete. Being from where you from, how about sending me a Ute

#1087 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I think the Toyota Tacoma is the best because of the overall quality. It is an expensive truck for a mid-size but very reliable, and resale value is unbelievable. Our new Tacoma is so smooth it feels like you are driving a car and not a truck. I think it is the perfect size as well. I do like the look of the Chevy Colorado's, but for the money I would rather spend a little more and get a Toyota. When you decide to sell or trade in, you will recoup the majority of your investment.

Well the family sold the 1969 C10 with 77K miles years ago because it was not an ideal vehicle for the modern family. It made the garage stink like gasoline all the time and was not very practical. Sold it to an owner of large ranch, now it gets used the way it should.

Beautiful C10!! I love to see engine bays well taken care of.

#1090 1 year ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Umm, that's a Ford F-series....

You're right....I can always tell by the fender wells....Fords are flat, Chevy's are round. I didn't even really pay attention...lol

#1094 1 year ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

In the next month I will be getting my driving license back. I had a stroke and three brain surgeries. I have not driven in a couple years. Soon I will be driving our bmw 300e it's like 4 weeks old.
I drove many miles before my surgeries. I drove for a living. Grainger industrial supply.
Soon I will be driving again. I am going to spend the next year or so driving the bmw.
Then a sports car like a challenger. I'm so excited because I will be driving again.
Once I can drive again I will be at this place atleast 1 day a week or so.
https://www.google.com/search?q=getty+center&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#fid=0x80c2bcd74227366f:0xda784a5a15aaaa25&fpstate=luuv&imagekey=!1e1!2shttps://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/03/Aerial_Getty_Museum.jpg/1200px-Aerial_Getty_Museum.jpg&trex=m_t:lcl_akp,rc_f:nav,rc_ludocids:15742414248244587045,rc_q:The%2520Getty%252C%25201200%2520Getty%2520Center%2520Dr%252C%2520Los%2520Angeles%252C%2520CA%252090049,ru_q:The%2520Getty%252C%25201200%2520Getty%2520Center%2520Dr%252C%2520Los%2520Angeles%252C%2520CA%252090049&viewerState=ga

God Speed to a great recovery!

2 weeks later
#1146 1 year ago

For summer fun, you cannot beat an 88 or 89 supercharged MR2. Go cart that's street legal.

#1151 1 year ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

Have owned tons of classic GM trucks and cars (mostly 60's stuff) but right now no classics, have a pair of trucks for me and the wife - I bought a 2006 Silverado SS Intimidator edition (Dale Earnhardt package, I call it the Redneckinator); wife got jealous that I had a truck so I picked up another 2006 Silverado SS (in silver birch metallic) for her. My "weekend" ride is a 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT8 that I picked up not long ago with practically no miles (under 10K) to replace another of the exact same car after I sold the old one to a friend. Lots of bang for the buck in that SRT8.
Richard

Nice Silverado's. I just bought the bastard child, an '03 Avalanche Z71. I really like driving with the rear window and midgate down. A jeep truck so to speak. I'm also amazed that for 2003, the amount of tech that was crammed into a truck. All leather, two way adjustable lumbar, moveable pedals, heated seats both sides, dimmable side view mirrors, etc. I have some plans to turbo or supercharge it on the way to 600HP. Right now, I'm changing out the interior to match the red/grey color style of the Ram Rebel. I want to put a full tesla style nav screen in it, but haven't figured out the best route yet.

1 month later
#1215 1 year ago
Quoted from steve-o:

Here's my top 3 current fun rides and two of them can haul pins.
1962 Rampside - 145/PG
1967 Camaro - 327/TH350
1962 E100 pickup - 289/C4
Steveo

Love the bookends....Always have wanted an E100. The camaro...Meh

#1244 1 year ago

Np pics but I have two hoods hanging in my garage. I use them for whiteboards

1 month later
#1337 1 year ago

I'm liquidating some of my collection. Too much time to keep them maintained and clean. I was up to 11 vehicles at one time.

I will be looking for a nice performing DD in the near future. Don't want to go 100K for a Tesla Model S, but thinking something in the 50K range. I'm already set for Trucks/SUVs, so either a roomy 2 door, or 4 door. I don't like driving what everybody else has, so no mustangs, chargers, challengers or cameros. All nice cars but I see them every other stoplight. So what say you guys/gals? (note, already have a Genesis).

Subie WRX STI Limited?
Honda Type R?
Alfa Romeo (would love a 4c, but too $$)
Nissan Maxima (strangely don't see those too much anymore)
Hold out for the 2019 Supra?
Maserati?

#1339 1 year ago

I had looked at the I pace when you posted a few days ago bit a quick glance it appeared to be a crossover suv. Looking for a sport sedan or coupe.

#1343 1 year ago
Quoted from at_t_2d:

Didn't you have a GN that is conspicuously missing from your list, or am I confusing you with someone else? We are up to 8 cars, just picked up an Acura RLX sport hybrid last week for a daily driver. Lots of room, the 3 electric motors add a lot of torque to the 310 HP V6, and it gets a little less than 30 mpg in both city and highway. In the fun to drive category, I like our Lexus RCF. Very comfortable, 470 horse and you rarely see any others on the road. The most fun one we have is the '89 Turbo Trans Am which is really fun to drive, but even when new the T-top cars were not fully water tight and they are pretty rough by today's standards.

Yes, I have the Syclone, GN, Marauder, Dakota Vert, etc.....

Syclone is sold pending pickup Saturday, and someone is interested in the GN.

#1344 1 year ago

The RC F is a definite contender. Exactly the parameters I'm looking for. $64K is a little stretch but doable.

Edit: And RR Racing makes a supercharger for it

#1361 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

+1 for RC-F.
I am bias though.

I can’t see why you’d need a supercharger for it though. It’s pretty f**king fast out of the box. Unless you want to go racing. I did fit straight exhaust pipes to my old ISF (no rear mufflers) and it did sound super awesome.
Plus - being Japanese, and a Lexus, it never breaks down.
rd

In researching the F type has the biggest disparity of 0-60 numbers I've seen....anywhere from 4.4 from lexus all the way up to 5.5 from some of the motor trend type tests. It scored the worse in an M4, CTS-V shootout too. Also now looking at the Quadrifoglio...0-60 in 3.6 and about the same price as the lexus. Build quality from AR would be the concern.

#1363 1 year ago
Quoted from at_t_2d:

To me cars are about a lot more than a 0-60 number unless you live at the drag strip. Get something you enjoy and don't worry about what other people think. I wouldn't have gotten the RCF if I was trying to impress others, would have gone with an M4, Porsche, AMG C Class or something like that. I have a Fiero GT, that says a lot about not caring what others think......

Yes and No. I like performance and do take my cars to the track. I don't buy them for anyone but myself, though. I drive a 2003 Avalanche for Petes sake which lots of people make fun of. I like the quirky, low production and not what everyone else drives. I'm not knocking the F type at all...I was more wondering why the numbers are so disparite on them.

#1380 1 year ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Today might be your day. Only 49 miles.
ebay.com link

Cars like that are fascinating but what's the point? First time it's driven it will lose half its value. All the rubber seals are likely rotted. It belongs in a museum...I cant see any value in a private collection and it can't be enjoyed as a driveable car. I've seen a GNX with 4 miles on the odometer and it just sits on a lift in a private collection. A shame imo.

#1394 1 year ago

Well, I joined the Alfa Romeo Club today. My new Quadrifoglio

quadrifoglio (resized).jpg

#1402 1 year ago

Anyone had a ceramic coating applied to their vehicle? Pro, con, brand and cost?

#1406 1 year ago
Quoted from crlush:

What are you looking for? Ceramic coating for headers or exhaust?

Paint protection. The ceramic protectants that bond to the clear coat that proteCT against chips, scratches and uv damage. Think of it as permanent wax.

#1409 1 year ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I have friends that do this. They swear by it. Here’s my take on it: you still need to put it on regularly, your body shop needs to know if it’s been done as it works well enough that it can penetrate down in and through the paint. The paint won’t stick unless they’re taking it down to the metal/foundation. Scuffing, sealing, and painting will lead to the paint coming right off or not sticking at all.
The results are great and looks to hold up. Water just falls off even on horizontal surfaces. Just know that you can still get chips and dents as it can’t prevent that. If you have a new car and don’t mind spending the money for a proper paint correction and for the application every other year or so, I’d say do it. I’d avoid it if you have a typical American paint job with the typical orange peel or a car that already has some minor paint chips that correction can’t fix. It will look best on a good paint/paint correction usually on a German or Japanese car.

Good info...I have a new to me Alfa QV that I'm considerin gn it on. But it's already got 5k miles from previous owner. Paint still looks fantastic so not sure how much correction it would need. Does the ceramic applyer usually do the prep or do you need a separate detailer?

4 weeks later
#1461 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I agree, such a variance in pricing depending on what exotic you are looking at. I have been considering adding an affordable exotic sports car. I have been checking out a 2005-2010 Lotus Elise with turbo and manual stick. I really enjoy driving manuals, especially with a turbo. All of the cars manufacturers are starting to eliminate the manual stick shift option, and are only offering paddle shift, etc. To me paddle shifting does nothing and takes away the thrill of driving a sports car. I have driven some very nice exotics with paddle shift, and they did nothing for me. I have a friend that sells new BMW's and he is trying to convince me in buying a new M2 with a manual, because this is the last year for the manual ): Will sports cars with manual transmissions become sought after or will paddle shifting be the new norm? It has to have three pedals or to me it is lame.

I used to think that way too, until I bought a Quadrifoglio. If it's good enough for Ferrari, it's good enough for me. Go drive a BMW M3/M4 and then go test drive a QV. You might be surprised. As far as what's desirable, everyone has their opinion, but I doubt manuals will hold any premium over automatic's, especially today's designs. That might have held true 20 years ago where a clutch manual and a good driver could out perform an auto. But the design's today out perform the clutch manuals.

2 weeks later
#1514 1 year ago
Quoted from OHMI_Arcade:

It was imported by the prior owner, who used a broker.

There are lots of funky Japanese cars that can be imported. I've thought about getting a Mazda AZ-1 which looks like a gen I MR2 clone.

#1517 1 year ago
Quoted from SeymorGoldfarbJr:

Anything under $2500 doesn’t require a broker. You can self-import with 3 simple forms. Bringing my Cappuccino in was simple.

On average, say you import a $2500 vehicle from japan....what's the additional costs of shipping, taxes, import duty, fees etc...and any hoops to get it titled with dmv?

2 months later
#1580 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Close. It is an AMG GLA 45 Yellow Night edition. Limited to 300 a year. Only 18 were shipped to the US this year. This is the last one produced in 2018. 375 hp with a 4 cylinder. It is the fastest production 4 cylinder made.

The CLA 45 and Alfa C4 are faster. https://carbuzz.com/features/5-quickest-4-cylinder-cars-on-the-market

Or maybe you were referring to the engine, and not the car.

Still, awesome car....don't know that I've seen one in person.

#1584 1 year ago

Yeah the CLA 45 and GLA 45 are same power plant but the CLA has a slight edge 0-60 do to less weight. They both have a top speed of 168 mph. To be honest, the GLA is way more fun to drive with the suspension tweaks. The Alfa numbers are funny to me because they seem to change all the time. I’ve rather have the 375 hp and space to stretch my legs. Besides, the Alpha C4 dies on the vine around 130 mph

Top speed on the c4 is 160 mph, so I hadn't heard anything about dying at 130. The c4 is a track monster, less an acceleration or top speed king. I drive the Alfa Quadrifoglio which is both an acceleration and top speed killer, and it handles quite adeptly. But I have an acquaintance that owns both and prefers the c4 over the quad for track duty.

At the end of the day, they're all awesome and I would gladly drive any of them. I especially appreciate the uniqueness of yours. I can't stand driving something everyone else drives.

#1587 1 year ago

You're my new friend. I like to see the European cars get some respect. To me you have the much better Alfa of the 2. The C4 is sooooo small but I'm sure it is a terror on a curvy track. Did you post a photo of yours on this thread? I really missed not see Alphas on the road when they pulled out of the US market. Glad to see them back. I remember when I was a young man working as a delivery driver at Pizza Hut. My good friend at the time drove a beater Alfa GV6 to deliver pizza in. He drove it until it died and then replaced it with a Alfa Milano while still delivering pizzas. Possibly 2 of the worst choices ever for delivering pizzas especial in the winter in the Midwest. What can I say, He was an odd guy.

I posted mine abut 4 months ago...don't know what page. I love the 60s to 70s euros. Alfas and BMW rally style especially. There was a 68 GTV at our car club cars and coffee this morning. The owner had literally pulled it out of the woods where it had sat for 12 years. Every panel is rusted, and it has holes the size of my arm in the doors, but it runs and garnered as much attention as the McLarins and Vantages sitting next to it.

2 weeks later
#1622 1 year ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Ok, I've crunched the numbers. All we need to do is trade the S2000 in for an Aventador and the Z4 for a Ford GT40 and our height troubles should be a thing of the past.

Heck you'll have enough left over to pay for the lift

#1624 1 year ago

New addition to our car club.

20181020_124154 (resized).jpg20181020_124218 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1652 11 months ago

Ain't a garage without oil stains on the floor, dirty rags everywhere, tools laying about, and a couple of broken car parts you're saving for just in case

3 months later
#1721 7 months ago
Quoted from OHMI_Arcade:

Does anyone have a Kwik lift? If so, what are your thoughts. Seems like a safe way to get under the car if you don’t have the height for a post lift. Thanks
https://www.kwik-lift.com/

Seemed okay, until I got to the price. Their standard package of $1400 is what I paid for a certified 10,000 lb 2 post lift. I was expecting a few hundred bucks. I'd want to know what the locking mechanism is for the back legs...those fail, and the car drops onto you.

1 week later
#1745 7 months ago
Quoted from zr11990:

What are you going to do with all this cool
Cars when The New Green Deal happens?

Same thing when hell freezes over.

#1749 7 months ago
Quoted from psd4me:

Nice choice love the Raptor.

Almost bought one myself...wish they had of kept the V8 instead of the ecoboost. Still a very nice looking truck.

#1756 7 months ago
Quoted from PW79:

I look at car fax records on exotics
Noticed they have an unusually high number of owners in most cases compared to normal cars. Even with low miles, clear records, etc.
Unsure if thats because one owner examples stay with collectors who have a fleet of ill shit & never sell or if enthusiasts sell to each other leaving the common man with multi owner dealer cars to buy or if buyers are such ballers they buy the new models every few years? Maybe folks sell to fund investments or resolve hardships since the cars bring in big money even after depreciation.

I have a friend that buys alot of new, low production exotics...he buys them, puts less than 100 miles on them, then sells them for a premium since most are unobtainable through normal channels. It helps he owns an exotic dealership so he avoids alot of the taxes, title and insurance fees. Quite a few celebrites come in and purchase.

#1761 7 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I think you still can special order the V8; but why?
The gas mileage is already horrid on the V6 Turbo... I wouldn't even want to think about the V8 version.
Mine will probably never see the sandunes of a desert; but who knows - maybe I'll take it off road one day.

I don't think Raptor buyers expect good gas mileage. Sort of part of the package. You cannot buy a V8 although Ford has rumored a 7.3 for 2020. As for V8 preference, turbo just one more component to wear out or fail. The V8 engines are work horses and damn near impossible to kill. Just a personal preference...no harm meant.

#1767 7 months ago
Quoted from tjprice222:

As a turbo owner, I have to disagree. One of the biggest benefits of the turbos are the crazy amount of torque in the low RPM range along with reasonable gas mileage for everyday driving. Here's Road & Track putting the Raptor V6T against the older V8:
https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/videos/a32503/old-vs-new-ford-f-150-raptor-v8-v6-drag-race/
You can't argue with the specs:
2011-2016 6.2L V8:
HP 411 @ 5500 RPM
TQ 434 @ 4500 RPM
2017+ 3.5L Ecoboost V6
HP 450 @ 5000RPM
TQ 510 @ 3500RPM

From an extension of the same video, 10:09 mark

Kind of sums of my thoughts...and again, no way am I dissing the new Raptor. I'd love to have either. But the heart wants what the heart wants

#1778 7 months ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I drove a Izusu 4cyl through-out college and for the first 4 years of my professional career.

I had an Izuzu I-Mark diesel in college before I totaled it. That SOB would lose speed on an uphill road. Have to do 60 down, to make it to 45 up. But, I was happy to have anything.

Not a V6 hater....Loved my 3.8 in my GN and 4.3 in my Syclone. Have a twin turbo six in my QV now. But for a big truck, I just prefer a V8.

2 months later
#1791 4 months ago

I just bought this. 1993 Autozam AZ-1. I hope to have it by July to be my new go kart for the summer.[quoted image]

You suck....I've been looking for one for over a year. Missed one locally about 9 months ago. Did you go the import route?

#1804 4 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

No power steering, the 4c is pretty much a beautiful Italian high powered Kart, the driver definitely feels every bump and crevice in the road. The car was built for the track, there’s very little to add to the stock engine or suspension to upgrade. Better air cleaner, Intercooler, and a few modded computers will boost the hp from 260hp to 320hp

Sweet Alfa...welcome to the Alfista club. Still loving mine.

2 months later
#1892 71 days ago
Quoted from Pin-up:

Did anyone here get a chance to go to that massive 200+ car auction in MN this weekend? WOW!
https://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auction/day-2-approx-100-collector-cars-trucks-the-james-graham-collection/
I've got a 4 door Chevy Delray sitting in my work shop. I picked it up a couple years ago and it wasn't running at the time. Haven't touched it since. This will be my first car to play with.
What do I need to know to get this thing running? New tires for sure, as they are all flat and it's sitting up on blocks. Clean out the carb, remove any old gas if there is anything in there still, new oil, change all filters, new battery, make sure the engine turns over by hand correct? And fire it up? It's got a "blue flame" straight six in it.... I think that's correct..... I'll have to look again. Oh, new spark plugs too probably.....

I'd pull the spark plugs and put some marvel mystery oil in the cylinders since it's a straight six before turning it over. Those cylinder walls are dry if it's been sitting awhile.

2 weeks later
#1910 57 days ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks interesting but never heard of it.

They're awesome....Autozam AZ-1. Made by Mazda but I think has a Suzuki engine. Engines you cant kill. Smaller than a first gen MR2. I've been looking one for a few years but havent had the balls to import one.

#1915 57 days ago

They are essentially street legal go karts that also have the allure of being extremely unique. I love small lightweight cars. I consider them a more modern take on early British sports cars but way more technology and near bulletproof reliability.

That's the allure for me. I like driving something I'll never see at the stop light across the street or in the grocery store parking lot. Mustangs, Challengers, Chargers, Vettes, et al are all great performance cars, but they are far too common for me. My daily is a Alfa QV, and I've only seen one other on the road in a four city radius. My previous daily was a SC Marauder, and again, I only knew of two other non SC ones in my area. My wife drives a restored Dakota Convertible and there were only 900 made her model year, and only one with a V8 like ours, so I know it's one of a kind. You gotta dare to be different

1 week later
#1926 43 days ago
Quoted from dasvis:

[quoted image]
Picking up today!
1947 Willys CJ-2A - pretty much all original, including the 60hp four cylinder.

Thatll buff right out

#1928 43 days ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Leaving body as is. Making it run & stop. Love the patina.

Cool deal....there is an older CJ5 up the road from me, uncovered sitting under a carport. I left the homeowner, a single older lady, a note about rescuing it. We had a nice conversation when she called, but she was persistent that she was going to restore it. That was two years ago, and it's still sitting under the same carport, uncovered with a pile of junk stacked. Makes me sad everyday I drive by it.

1 week later
#1938 36 days ago

Cool lincoln... brings back memories of my dads brown Mark III...used to love laying in the back seat of that car as a kid.

2 weeks later
#1950 22 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So I am a little bummed out this morning. I just ordered and purchased a new 2020 Toyota 4Runner. I have been wanting to upgrade our 4Runner to a new 4Runner with Toyota's safety sense technology for some time now. The 4Runner was the only Toyota model without this technology-until 2020. I have gotten so use to using this technology in my Tacoma, that I wanted the same in the new 4Runner. Well after driving the new 4Runner home last night I noticed it did not have blind spot monitoring? I was not happy and was upset. I got online this morning and read that all 4Runner models will not have blind spot monitoring? I am now like-WTF? I just sold my mint condition built 4Runner for this new 2020 model that I thought had all of the Toyota safety sense features? We love the 4Runner platform but now I am not sure what we want to do? Keep the new 4Runner with 20 miles sitting in our driveway or consider a Highlander or another Tacoma or something? I am kicking myself for not doing more due diligence and not realizing they do not come with blind spot assist. I have become overly dependent on technology and really want a vehicle with all of the safety features. Sorry if I am ranting-but I am pissed!

We went through the same thing....we bought a 50k SUV based on our experience with my sedan of the same model line. At that price point, I expected it to have the same feature set as my sedan. On the way home, realized it didnt have blind spot monitoring. Called the dealership to find out that's a specific trim option now. Disappointed. Ended up buying a 3rd party laser system for blind spot monitoring, but the experience left a sour taste

#1952 22 days ago

That Hawk is one sweet ride

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 67.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
€ 59.80
Lighting - Backbox
Freddys Pinball Paradise
$ 115.00
Playfield - Other
Great American Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 156.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 66.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
£ 58.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Medisinyl Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robertmee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside