IMG_9355 (resized).jpg
IMG_9361 (resized).jpg
IMG_9360 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7636313_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9215 (resized).jpg
EO5C2294 (resized).jpg
EO5C2328 (resized).jpg
EO5C2451 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinsanity.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#290 7 years ago

One from the land down under stable. 71 Ferrari Dino 246 GT.

100_1744 (resized).JPG100_1744 (resized).JPG

#295 7 years ago

Hehe, I don't know if Homer would even fit in it. I am a relatively slim framed fellow and it is a tight squeeze even for me at 6'2".

I actually prefer my Porsche Cayman for city/open road driving and as a general runabout as there is a lot more driver comfort, but in my view lacks the factory stylings and wow factor of the older Ferrari models.

I guess Enzo Ferrari had it designed for style over practicality with shorter Italian fellows in mind, whilst Ferdinand Porsche prioritised utilitarianism with legroom for a taller German heritage fellow like myself.

This model Ferrari is one of less than 300 in right hand drive from factory as well.

#298 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Wonderful car.
I purchased a GTS from Ferrari Scottsdale back in 1999. Selling it is one my biggest regrets.

Especially considering how much values have increased in recent years. This era of Ferrari are really gaining an appreciation amongst the high end car collector community. Last public auction we had a few months ago down here for a 71 Dino sold for $652,000AUD (498,000USD). Right hand drive attracts a lot of bidders from our Asiatic neighbours (e.g. Singapore) as well.

Any pics of the GTS? Always enjoy seeing pics from other prancing horse owners past or present.

#330 7 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Always amazing to me how much people spend on these cars and how little they actually drive them

High end pins or high end cars.

Keeping the mileage down, keeps the value up. It's just the mindset behind collector based purchases like this.

The '71 Ferrari I posted earlier had less than 4,000 miles on the odometer when I bought it as second owner a couple years back for my 40th.

It now has less than 5,000 miles on it and most of them have been accrued taking it to car club meets rather than everyday driving.

#361 7 years ago
Quoted from arcadeforever:

my 1975 Vw transporter!

Luv the VDub!

Are the values on these going through the roof in the US like they are down here in Australia?

4 weeks later
#389 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

One of my favorite cars to drive that I ever owned was a 1974 Jensen Healey. That Lotus Elan motor really moved that car right along, and it handled like a dream.
I don't have any pics of the one I owned, but it looked like this.

I spotted the license plate from the photo and know the guy who owns that exact vehicle (and another 75 JH) in the pic you posted. We have chatted quite a few times from our local car club meets and weekend drives.

Small world.

twin jensens (resized).jpgtwin jensens (resized).jpg

2 months later
#581 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yep, all car manufacturing in Aussie is coming to an end. Toyota is closing its plant too.
They are still racing Commodores (the SS) and Falcons in the Aussie Supercars, along with Nissans and Mercedes Benz. Volvo were going good but they pulled out at the end of last year.
rd

Adelaide Clipsal 500 just finished over here and having attended almost every year, this year had the worst attendance numbers since its inception. The local industry based so heavily on the Aussie made marketing schtick is past its use by date and using ever increasing amounts of taxpayer dollars to prop it up, in my view needed to end.

Clipsal has also declined to renew their sponsorship for the event starting next year so they can most likely see the writing is on the wall.

Then again maybe their hand is being forced and could be deliberately allowing the event to fail since local company Peregrine Corporation are building a much larger dedicated permanent motorsport track east of Adelaide (on the site of the old Mitsubishi proving ground) with significant investment which can handle every racing car class with the exception of F1.

From what I hear there will be a far greater emphasis on and more in common with the European racing circuit.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinsanity.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-car-club?tu=pinsanity and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.