3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,991 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by the_one
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,654 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6854 (resized).jpeg
55637128_2226739984031781_9069185545606791168_n (resized).jpg
Jeep-JT-Scrambler-Gladiator-Rubicon-SEMA-Build-3.jpg
Chevrolet-Tahoe-K5-Blazer-Conversion-001-720x340.jpg
IMG_20180430_182228 (resized).jpg
17855295_1175444502582129_6056796907370888086_o (resized).jpg
74209193_2602298746475901_8492075007701155840_n (resized).jpg
70937652_2518956878143422_8041817355380064256_n (resized).jpg
35E805FA-BF03-4556-93B9-E993875E34C4 (resized).jpeg
1B372359-6B34-4744-8E11-A44417BB82D3 (resized).jpeg
E52E2C25-0B08-45C5-BFFD-0723E2EC7426 (resized).jpeg
5A2D30ED-3670-4CCD-8E9E-06177B45E568 (resized).jpeg
113CB8E9-765D-4ADB-945B-A0FD7B98031F (resized).png
47B023BF-7CA8-41F2-B412-A0B77E55218D (resized).png
62AADBBE-8031-4551-88AB-446895C8A535 (resized).jpeg
Green_Park_Edition (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Welcome to the fun and friendly "Pinside Car Club" a place where you can show and talk about rides including pin-haulers.

#8 3 years ago

I purchased a new Subaru WRX last year and it is the funnest car I have ever owned. With the all-wheel drive and turbo it is a blast to drive. It is like it is on rails when it turns a corner, I cant seem to get it to slide or wobble even at high speeds. The six speed manual is an absolute must for this car. The Subaru WRX is also a great family car and it fits my kids well in the back seats. I have enjoyed this car so much that I have decided to upgrade to the STI version. I currently have one on order from the Subaru factory in Japan that is being built with some extra performance goodies. For those of you that have driven a Subaru-there is something about them that makes them special and usually turns people into Subaru lovers. I remember growing up my family had a Subaru Brat, that car was indestructible and a blast to drive.

I also am a big Toyota guy- I have a new Tundra, and 4Runner that I use for hauling pins.

Subaru WRX.jpg

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

My 6-71 blown rat rod. I have never hauled a pin in it.

That is awesome!

It is interesting, ever since 2009 it seems like rust has replaced red with custom rod builders. I love the nostalgic look, it gives the rat rods a more aggressive feel. I have seen some recent builders building "derelicts" where they use old imperfect rides that are then customized with modern technology creating the ultimate sleeper car. I would love to be at a stop light in a derelict and blow the doors off a new sports car.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Have they upgraded to the newer engine in 2017 STi? That's one of the things that kept me from going up to the STi...I didn't have enough extra monies to make it worth it to me, but it was nice. Did you get the big wing for it? Keeping the white/black look?

Well it is a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde situation. Subaru is changing the classic boxer engine for 2018 and incorporating a hybrid engine for the next generation WRX. Subaru is going to pair a 2.0 liter flat-four with an electric motor and dual-clutch six speed manual transmission, all of which would provide 322 horsepower and over 35 mpg. How it will drive compared to the 2017 is to be determined? Yes the wing comes with the STI, switching it up this time and going with pure Red.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

and ride to go play Pins

Hells yea!

I approve and so does David

Knight Rider approved.jpg

#65 3 years ago

I am putting together a stereo system for my ride. I was referred to this website for some good deals on car audio and thought I would pass it along. Also if you call and speak with a sales representative they will help with selecting products and usually can give you a discount on your order-just ask. Some really good prices on high quality products...

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

If you start modding

I have already started with a Stage 2 COBB Kit

http://www.cobbtuning.com/

Quoted from sohchx:

I too grew up with a Brat. My father had one and used to take my best friend and I down beat up dirt roads at full speed strapped into the bed seats lol. Good times!!

I remember going down the road as a kid in our Brat and pretending the truckbed seats were like Spy Hunter or Star Wars and using the handles to shoot at cars driving behind us. The Brat was also a great four wheel drive vehicle, we climbed some steep hills and jumped some dunes at high speeds. It was a very capable and reliable car/truck for it's time. The removable T-Tops also made it great for cruising.

1986 Subaru Brat.jpg
Brat back seats.jpg

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

I don't know about the later Brats but the first ones in 1978 were completely gutless.

Ours was a 1986 and it had a ton of torque. I remember climbing steep sand dune hills and making it to the top while larger Chevrolet's and Ford's often would get stuck. It was a tank

#86 3 years ago

The new Jeep Wrangler truck looks like it will be popular I can see them selling a ton of these...

Jeep Wrangler pickup.png

Jeep Wrangler pickup...png

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

It's no speedster. It's a fuel injected 2 liter with about 115hp.

Man that car looks like a fun ride! The interior is very inviting, and makes you want to jump in those leather seats. I also really like the spoke wheels, and the exterior color. Very sharp car, thanks for sharing.

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

But a sweet deal came up on the RC-F Carbon

Awesome ride RD, I almost pulled the trigger on one but decided I needed a four door for the kids. If I did not have children I think I would have gone with the RC-F or the Stingray Corvette. Does Danni fit in the backseats ok or is it mainly your toy?

Funny story, I asked my friend the other day how he was enjoying his Hellcat? He replied "It sucks-the thing has so much power that I have received two speeding tickets, burned through two sets of tires and my wife wont drive it because she can't control it." He said he is now trying to sell it. I found this interesting since he has only owned it for a year now. Wow-I never thought having too much Horsepower would be an issue.

#156 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I run a slide show of my cars on a 23" TV next to my Mustang premium (with projector light "COBRA" topper).
mystic paint '96 SVT Mustang Cobra (with 7 miles on odometer)
mineral grey '01 SVT Mustang Cobra (with 55 miles on odometer)
torch red '08 Shelby GT500 Mustang (with 9 miles on odometer)
inferno orange '13 Camaro ZL1 (with 8 miles on odometer)
deep impact blue '13 Mustang GT premium (my wife's car)

#171 3 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I have always loved corvettes, especially stingrays

I like the electric Blue color, very nice! I have to ask-what's up with the custom plate-Arrr?

Pirate Arrr.png
Pirate driving.png
Pirate mods.png

2 weeks later
#267 3 years ago

The new Subie arrived and it is choice.

The STI has exceeded my expectations and it really gives you a rush while driving. It is extremely gratifying rowing through the gears with the manual 6-speed stick shift and turbo. The stainless steel high performance exhaust resonates a deep throaty sound and really adds to the experience and overall performance while driving. I am stoked.

GEDC3458.JPG
GEDC3453.JPG
GEDC3447.JPG
Ferris So Choice.jpg

2 weeks later
#269 3 years ago

So I got an email yesterday from the owner of my old car. It's a 1962 Impala Convertible with a 327. I loved the car but unfortunately it was more fashionable than functional. It did not have seat belts for the kids, it would overheat easily and it took up a lot of space in the garage. We simply did not drive it enough.
I did get thumbs ups everywhere we would drive it and it was enjoyable cruising with the top down. I miss the car and it brought a tear to my eye when he sent me the picture. The Impala now resides in California and the new owner has kept his agreement with keeping it all original and not turning it into a custom low rider. It means a lot to me that the new owner is taking good care of it and the car sure does look happy with the top down in California. -Enjoy

62 Impala.jpg

#291 3 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

One from the land down under stable. 71 Ferrari Dino 246 GT.

HS.jpg

#296 3 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

This model Ferrari is one of less than 300 in right hand drive from factory as well

I really like the unique sound of the engine and exhaust on the early Ferrari's-music to my ears, what a fantastic sound.

71 Dino...

1 week later
#346 2 years ago

I was watching the news and heard about the guy in Oklahoma City who got clocked at 208mph driving a Ford Mustang
I would like to see what he had under the hood to do over 200 mph.

The new Ford Bronco looks pretty badass...

Ford Bronco.jpg

3 weeks later
#383 2 years ago

I have had a recent fascination with the late 80's early 90's Jeep Grand Wagoneer woody. A classic truck that would also make for a great pin-hauler...

Jeep Wagoneer.jpg

Jeep Wagoneer..jpg

1 week later
#410 2 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

These two jags belong to a collector friend. He lent them to me for a weekend

Yeah Baby.jpg

1 month later
#515 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've owned quite a few muscle cars and sports cars over the years. My first lightweight sports car

I too have fallen in love with small sports cars, especially turbos. I was reading Car and Driver last week and I came across an article that intrigued me. It is about taking a stock Miata and making it into a monster. If you have $50,000 and a new stock Miata you can create the ultimate small sports car from a company called Flyin Miata. I want one really bad, it looks super badass...

#518 2 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

I have to agree I like the idea.

I was thinking that I would probably want to do the new 2017 MX-5 RF if I did a conversion. I really like the look of the body, it has a nostalgic jaguar look to it, and still converts to an open style top.

1 week later
#539 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

We just added our 2nd and 3rd kids on Monday

So I take it you had twins? Congrats that is awesome!

2 months later
#661 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Since I wasn't seeing much Love for the great AMC I thought I would post a picture of my 1970 AMC Gremlin.

Hells Yea! Party On Brother!

WW Party on Garth.jpg

Party On!.jpg

1 month later
#690 2 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'm in the club. Just purchased a 2006 Porsche Cayman S with 35,000 miles

Awesome Car-I am stoked for you!

Quoted from Fulltilt:

Decided to give my cars a nicer place to live

That came out great, I really like the black for the base color.

2 weeks later
#756 2 years ago

I spotted a car last week that really caught my eye. I see lots of nice cars but this one was special with the color. It was a 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS in a unique color-Ultra Violet. I asked the owner if they had it custom painted and he replied that it was a stock color. It is stunning in person and one of the coolest cars I have ever seen.

911 GT3 RS Ultra Violet...jpg

911 GT3 RS Ultra Violet.jpg

1 month later
#848 2 years ago

Those snake eyes on the Cobra are cool. Is that real or is it photo shopped? I have seen the Halo headlights but not snake eyes?

2 months later
#930 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Picked up a 17 taco today.

Congrats, best truck I have ever owned

You are going to love it and with the long bed it makes for a great pinhauler!

2 months later
#983 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurium:

Here's my 72' Monte.....

I Love the color. It is like a combination of canary yellow and gold, very sharp!

#992 1 year ago

I am already dreaming about my next possible sports car. I love the STI but I also love Toyota's and the new 2019 Supra looks amazing! I will be at the dealer the week this car lands on the dealer floor to test drive, I can't wait.

2018 Toyota Supra..jpg
2018 Supra.jpg

2018 Supra Interior.jpg

1 week later
#1002 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I’ve been pining for a Japanese cockpit with modern tech, my 17’ 1794 Tundra just doesn’t scratch the itch on the sport side

I know what you mean. I have two Toyota Trucks but wanted a Japanese sports car, so I picked up the Subaru WRX STI and I love it. I got tired of driving just trucks for years and now if the weather is nice we take the Subaru everywhere.
I just picked up a new pin-hauler, it's a 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD in cement color. I decided to trade in my big lifted Tundra with over sized tires and lift-it was simply too big for me. It looked really badass, but trying to park it in tight spots was tough. I missed my Taco's I had owned previously. I owned three Taco's before I changed up to the Tundra, now I am glad to be back in a Taco. I love this truck, it has tons of new features like lane changing radar, and cruise control radar where you can set to follow at a certain distance. I love the way Toyota's feel and drive. Very happy with my purchase.

2018 Taco.jpg

#1004 1 year ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Love the color "cement" - is that a long or short bed?

I was trying to find a picture of one I just purchased, that one above is not mine-it is a short bed, I got the long bed version. I love the cement color as well, and I wanted to buy one last year but the dealer's were adding $5,000-$10,000 premium for the limited Pro version cement color. Well guess what-the cement color is now a stock color for 2018, with no premium added. I traded in the Tundra and got $1500 less than what I paid for the truck three years ago with putting 45,000 miles on it-pretty damn good, then bought this new Tacoma wholesale. I stole it (;

1 week later
#1064 1 year ago
Quoted from Bud:

I bought a few,

I should have bought your Mustang when you offered it, I thought you gave it away considering how much you had into it.
On the flipside, you bought pins with the funds and started a successful route and now (hopefully) making a little money off it. Smart move Bud, it was a nice car but I personally would rather have pins instead of cars. Plus everyone in Indianapolis is very thankful to have an operator who keeps his machines tip top. No regrets

#1085 1 year ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I've been looking around for a new to me truck

Quoted from robertmee:

Toyota TRD looks to be the best of the bunch

I think the Toyota Tacoma is the best because of the overall quality. It is an expensive truck for a mid-size but very reliable, and resale value is unbelievable. Our new Tacoma is so smooth it feels like you are driving a car and not a truck. I think it is the perfect size as well. I do like the look of the Chevy Colorado's, but for the money I would rather spend a little more and get a Toyota. When you decide to sell or trade in, you will recoup the majority of your investment.

Quoted from rotordave:

How about going old school ... something like a restored El Camino or C10?
I sort of fancy getting one of those ...

Well the family sold the 1969 C10 (edit Ford F-150) with 77K miles years ago because it was not an ideal vehicle for the modern family. It made the garage stink like gasoline all the time and was not very practical. Sold it to an owner of large ranch, now it gets used the way it should.

1969 C10.jpg
1969 C10 engine.jpg

#1088 1 year ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Beautiful C10!! I love to see engine bays well taken care of.

It was a nice example for sure. It was hard to let go, wanted to keep it but it would not have gotten driven much. Check out the original interior...

1969 C10 interior.jpg

#1091 1 year ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Umm, that's a Ford F-series....

Yes sorry 1969 F-150 Ford series, for some reason I labeled the pictures as a C10 series

#1119 1 year ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

And I installed some "dougs" cutouts

Would love to hear how it sounds after install. I am considering doing some exhaust cutouts on my Subaru as well.

#1126 1 year ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

ok, here you go,
400bb mopar stroker 468

Man that makes it sound like a drag racing car, very deep and throaty-I like it!

#1131 1 year ago
Quoted from Travish:

You bastards got me listening to car exhausts on youtube for 1/2 an hour.

Yes it's like music to my ears

1 week later
#1145 1 year ago
Quoted from Parzival:

I'm not a huge car guy, but have been looking for something to drive during the summer

Lots of deals on used sports cars, try and test drive a couple and get an idea what one you really like driving. Try not to buy a car because it appears to be a good deal. Notable classic sport cars on the cheap...BMW M3, Mazda Miata, Porsche Boxter & Cayman, Chevrolet Corvette, Ford Mustang, Subaru WRX, Nissan 350Z, Mazda RX-8, and Toyota MR-2.

Quoted from Parzival:

This just popped up on my FB

When I look at used vehicles there are some red flags to watch out for....the biggest red flag is the engine being replaced or not original. Often times the swap was not done properly and leads to continuous problems for the new owner of the vehicle. I would not buy a re-built or swapped engine vehicle unless it was performed by a professional restorer. The second biggest thing to watch out for is the condition of the title to the vehicle and whether it is a clean title or not. When it says 'Salvage' title that means the title is no longer clean. It greatly effects the value of the vehicle and often is because the vehicle has been in a major accident and the owner attempted to fix it.

The older Corvette's are fun cars for the bang for your buck. We used to own a 1981 Corvette with mirrored T-Tops. The main problem we had was trying to dial in the carburetor. We finally got it running good with a new Holley carb kit. The car was only valued at $11,000 back in the 1990's in mint condition and I remember breaking one of the mirrored T-Tops and having to buy a replacement. That damn mirrored T-Top cost me $600 to replace. The car was really fun to drive with the huge Corvette hood and it cornered like it was on rails. We had a ton of fun with the 1981 Corvette.

1 month later
#1210 1 year ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Newest pin hauler -- 2018 Tacoma TRD Sport, 4x4, double cab, 6' bed.

Best truck ever made!

I do have a word of advice...my 2018 Tacoma windshield just got hit by a rock on the highway and cracked the windshield. I called my aftermarket windshield guy I have used in the past to inquire about a new windshield. He told me that it is too new for aftermarket and that the lane changing departure radar system on the windshield requires re-calibration. Long story short it is going to cost me nearly $1200 for a new factory windshield with re-calibration. I about shit my pants, I am used to paying $250 for a new windshield. I also found out that the dealer offers a windshield protection plan for $399 for 5 years. After I spend $1200 on a fricking windshield I will fork over $399 for the warranty. If you have not gotten the windshield warranty-call the dealership and have it added on before you are in the same boat as me ):

#1225 1 year ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Good to know. Does not your insurance cover that?

Quoted from danisme:

Insurance should cover it though.

I have had USAA insurance for 20 plus years and they have taken good care of me, but unfortunately I have a $1000 deductible and USAA does not offer a windshield replacement warranty. Dropping $1500 tomorrow morning for a new windshield and warranty, I think I will bring some KY or Vaseline with me. I am really pissed off that the dealer did not offer the warranty to me when I purchased the truck. If anyone buys a new vehicle with lane departure radar-make sure to ask for a windshield warranty.

3 months later
#1459 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Exotic cars go for exotic prices. A non-specific question will get you a non-specific answer. What specific model and year?

I agree, such a variance in pricing depending on what exotic you are looking at. I have been considering adding an affordable exotic sports car. I have been checking out a 2005-2010 Lotus Elise with turbo and manual stick. I really enjoy driving manuals, especially with a turbo. All of the car manufacturers are starting to eliminate the manual stick shift option, and are only offering paddle shift, etc. To me paddle shifting does nothing and takes away the thrill of driving a sports car. I have driven some very nice exotics with paddle shift, and they did nothing for me. I have a friend that sells new BMW's and he is trying to convince me in buying a new M2 with a manual, because this is the last year for the manual ): Will sports cars with manual transmissions become sought after or will paddle shifting be the new norm? It has to have three pedals or to me it is lame.

BMW M2.jpgLoyus Elise.jpg

#1473 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I would take the latest 10-speed auto over a 6-speed manual if I were ordering a new Camaro ZL1. Ten speeds should always keep the engine in its powerband and pre-loading the next gear should make for quick shifts in these modern automatics.

I totally agree that the addition of gears has made cars and trucks run smoother and more efficiently. Automatics are faster, get better gas mileage, and outperform manuals. The problem to me is automatics are no fun for a sports car. If I want a smooth fast car with an automatic or paddle shifter option I would probably look at a Cadillac XLR or Lexus. Going fast does not excite me, but taking on corners around town at high speeds, shifting gears does. If I only drove a sports car as my daily driver, it would be an automatic. I also have a 2018 Tacoma TRD sport and I would never buy a truck with a manual transmission. Why would you? Both of my trucks are automatics, but to me a sports car should be a manual to maximize the enjoyment while driving.

Still loving my STI, rowing through the 6 gears with turbo boost is what puts a smile on my face (;
GEDC5035.JPG

#1475 1 year ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Amen Brother! Loving what the new auto's can do but other than my truck, wife and I are an all stick family. Sucks that we're losing more and more cars to no manual option. We have short shifters in all of them too. MGW in the stang.

Amen brother! I also have a short throw in mine and it does help tremendously. We are a stick family and my wife enjoys driving the car as much as I do. I am disappointed with more and more manufactures eliminating the manual option. I had my sights set on the new Toyota Supra coming out because I am a huge Toyota fan, but only available in paddle shift has me thinking otherwise. Subaru is keeping the manual for WRX for now-thank god. Now I am checking out older model turbo cars like Lotus and Porsche's that have manual transmissions. I thought to myself the other day-I wonder what my son will have as an option when he turns 16? He is 5 now, but will it be all autonomous vehicles by then? Maybe I am old school, but I really am going to miss the stick shift option as they get phased out.

2 months later
#1560 1 year ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Finally bought me a 1930 Model A Ford Phaeton.

Great story, thank you for sharing-it made my day. I also grew up with a Ford Model A that was a garage queen. It was a 1929 Ford Victoria that my Father restored and he ended up taking home several awards for it. It was his pride and joy and it now sits in my brother's garage as his garage queen.

Saw this article about a Bugatti made from Legos, I thought it was really cool and thought I would share....

https://www.wired.com/story/lego-bugatti-chiron/

Bugatti made of legos..jpgBugatti made of legos.jpgBugatti.jpg
4 weeks later
#1595 1 year ago

#1597 1 year ago

New 2019 Jimny at Paris Auto Show, man I wish Suzuki would bring these to the US market. For the money, it is a packed little SUV.

2019 Jimny-Paris Auto Show..jpg2019 Jimny-Paris Auto Show.jpgJimny Interior.jpg

#1601 1 year ago

Wow looks like they did a great job with the paint-looks mint!

1 week later
#1623 1 year ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

All we need to do is trade the S2000 in for an Aventador

I tell you what if you throw in the Aztec Tomb, I will take the S2000 off your hands-problem solved

Come on!

Aztec Tomb-Arrested Development.png

3 months later
#1690 9 months ago
Quoted from pinworthy:

I finished the ToyBox

Wow that turned out great-looks like it could also be turned into another nice arcade down the road-a carcade!

I love that color blue-probably one of my favorite colors. It looks stunning and I bet it turns a ton of heads.

dmacy-those are some sweet rides there. I love the Griswold's station wagon with the body on the roof-classic! I can just imagine driving that wagon around town and the looks you would get.

Well I have kinda given up on my dream car coming out-the new Toyota Supra. I was excited for the re-introduction of the Supra and was ready to pre-order one. Then I watched the development and decided it was not for me. It is basically a BMW sports car with paddle shifters and no option for a manual. I love Toyota's but the new Supra is just not exciting me any more. I guess they are doing a Super Bowl commercial for it-relating to pinball which is interesting. I imagine there will be lots of drifting going on.

I currently have two vehicles I am interested in. I still have an itch for a 2005-2007 Lotus Elise and I recently attended an RV show and found a campervan that was pretty cool and reminded me of a modern day Volkswagon bus. I want one
Tofino..pngTofino Interior.pngTofino Interior..jpgTofino upper bunk.jpg

5 months later
#1872 3 months ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

It's here, and it's spectacular..

It really looks amazing, and fits right in with the super cars. I am a little disappointed that they will not offer in a manual option, but I will need to test drive and see how I like it. I went to the build your own 2020 website and ended up building one in white-looks sharp.

White 2020 Corvette.jpg
2 months later
#1949 52 days ago

So I am a little bummed out this morning. I just ordered and purchased a new 2020 Toyota 4Runner. I have been wanting to upgrade our 4Runner to a new 4Runner with Toyota's safety sense technology for some time now. The 4Runner was the only Toyota model without this technology-until 2020. I have gotten so use to using this technology in my Tacoma, that I wanted the same in the new 4Runner. Well after driving the new 4Runner home last night I noticed it did not have blind spot monitoring? I was not happy and was upset. I got online this morning and read that all 4Runner models will not have blind spot monitoring? I am now like-WTF? I just sold my mint condition built 4Runner for this new 2020 model that I thought had all of the Toyota safety sense features? We love the 4Runner platform but now I am not sure what we want to do? Keep the new 4Runner with 20 miles sitting in our driveway or consider a Highlander or another Tacoma or something? I am kicking myself for not doing more due diligence and not realizing they do not come with blind spot assist. I have become overly dependent on technology and really want a vehicle with all of the safety features. Sorry if I am ranting-but I am pissed!

#1955 46 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Hopefully it has mirrors, so not all is lost!

Well not all is lost, just that the 4Runner does not come with blind spot monitoring. I did some research and found a few alternatives. The first alternative is to install aftermarket blind spot monitor that cost around $700-$900 installed. Another alternative that I read on a Toyota forum is a possible mod for blind spot monitoring that involves modifying your back up camera to turn on when you use your turn signal. I thought that would be a good alternative if I could figure out a way to do that. Finally I read about how to eliminate blind spots and it gave direction to do so. I am currently trying this method and so far it works but I have to lean a little each way to ensure my blind spots are covered. The nice thing about BSM is not having to turn around or double check while making a turn, I have found BSM to be really accurate and when you make a turn all you need to do is look at mirror and see if the indicator light is on or off.

How to set your mirrors properly to help eliminate blind spots...

https://m.wikihow.com/Set-Rear%E2%80%90View-Mirrors-to-Eliminate-Blind-Spots

1 month later
#1984 10 days ago

I liked the homage to some old school classic trucks using modern trucks at SEMA...

Chevrolet-Tahoe-K5-Blazer-Conversion-001-720x340.jpgJeep-JT-Scrambler-Gladiator-Rubicon-SEMA-Build-3.jpg
#1985 10 days ago

dup

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Vandelay Industries
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 109.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 34.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 1.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,399.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside