EO5C2328 (resized).jpg
EO5C2451 (resized).jpg
EO5C2452 (resized).jpg
IMG_3266.jpeg
B68D4781-D500-4D98-BF08-CFD419D28FE5 (resized).png
IMG_2660 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2673 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2674 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#188 7 years ago

i already posted these pics in the other car thread, but for anyone who is wise enough to have that poster blocked, i'll post them here too. (apologies to those who already saw these pics).

2 weeks ago i picked up a Tesla P100DL (with Ludicrous Mode). the first one in the VA/MD/DC area.

0-60 in 2.5 seconds. fits a pin in the back. 315 mile range. no gas. puts out over 800 lb-ft of torque off the line.

IMG_4026 (resized).JPGIMG_4026 (resized).JPG
IMG_4030-2 (resized).jpgIMG_4030-2 (resized).jpg
IMG_4029 (resized).JPGIMG_4029 (resized).JPG
trunk (resized).jpegtrunk (resized).jpeg

honestly, my plum crazy purple Challenger attracted a lot more attention. i guess the Tesla is kind of a sleeper -- either you know what it is or you don't. I miss the Challenger, that was a great car, but the Tesla is ten times more fun to drive. the acceleration even at highway speeds is just ... indescribable. i'm having a blast.

1 month later
#301 7 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

I'm glad to see that dodge has finally stopped making all of its cars look like they have Ram Truck front ends. I really like the original concept charger that was closer to the late 60's style but can say the current version is pretty good looking. I wish ford lincoln or mercury would make another full size bruiser.

Are you thinking of the Challenger? That's about as faithful as you can get to the old muscle car look and still pass modern crash test standards.

#312 7 years ago

Tesla just made my car a little bit quicker.

https://mobile.twitter.com/elonmusk/status/798980894543343616

since buying the car in September, Tesla has pushed multiple automatic software updates to the car (while it sits in my garage charging) that add new features, increase efficiency, and improve performance. Let's see Detroit do that.

1 month later
#393 7 years ago

man 80s cars sucked so bad, for the most part. sports cars with 165hp. paint that oxidized into dust in like 3 years. under powered. poorly lubricated. i mean, there were a few exceptions - there was a good corvette in there somewhere and of course the Buick Grand National / GNX. but what a shit decade for American cars overall.

2 weeks later
#432 7 years ago
Quoted from Defender:

Mine is a 2006 Saturn Sky, but modified by Mallet Cars with an LS2 V8. Beats the poor little 4 cylinder that it came with!

haha, a V8 Saturn. I love it. that thing must be a beast.

#433 7 years ago

this morning Tesla pushed a software update to my car that unlocks more horsepower (kicking it up to around 770hp or so) and knocks the 0-60 down to 2.4 seconds and quarter mile to 10.6, supposedly.

this is the screen on the UI to enable it:

mommy (resized).jpgmommy (resized).jpg

#451 7 years ago

oh man i forgot about that air filter lid trick, i did that in high school on my '79 Buick Electra, haha. it had a 403 V8. it wasn't really that fast, but at least it could destroy my friend's trans am.

1 month later
#506 7 years ago

maybe i can convince my kids to be hobos or something ...

2 weeks later
#541 7 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

We just added our 2nd and 3rd kids on Monday, so the RX8 is no longer going to work for the full family. Fate, though, stepped in and GM offered their 20% off deal on the 17 Chevy SS through the 13th. I'd been kicking it around for a while, but never thought that they would offer the 20% on the 17s since there was a limited ordering period, or at least not this early. I made the call from the hospital to put a deposit on this one. The manuals get snatched up really quickly, so I'm glad I was able to secure one before they're gone forever!

My brother has an SS. Great sleeper.

#545 7 years ago

Tesla's factory paint options are so boring. I had to take matters into my own hands.

IMG_0675 (resized).JPGIMG_0675 (resized).JPG

IMG_0673 (resized).JPGIMG_0673 (resized).JPG

IMG_0662 (resized).JPGIMG_0662 (resized).JPG

The chrome blackout helps a lot. Now I gotta do something about those rims and maybe tint the windows.

#547 7 years ago

Yeah but I didn't buy a piece of shit car that doesn't actually go anywhere.

3 months later
#757 6 years ago

Can't blame Porsche for ripping off MOPAR's most famous color I guess.

Looks like a wannabe Plum Crazy to me.

IMG_1185 (resized).JPGIMG_1185 (resized).JPG

#761 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Must have just gotten a lemon. My wife and I have owned four consecutive vehicles with Hemi's and have never had a single problem. My current is a 6.4L SRT.

I owned two as well .. a 2005 300C SRT8, and a challenger with the same drivetrain. No engine or transmission problems with either one.

1 month later
#854 6 years ago

kinda looks like the thing Terry Crews drove in Idiocracy.

9a57d5de7f4b85525ca2614c3c0016c0--idiocracy-movie-judges (resized).jpg9a57d5de7f4b85525ca2614c3c0016c0--idiocracy-movie-judges (resized).jpg

2 months later
1 month later
#966 6 years ago

IF (big if!) the roadster lives up to those numbers, it will be revolutionary. I know there are a lot of skeptics out there, but I can tell you first hand the Model S really does do 0-60 in 2.4, and get over 300 miles of range on a 100kw battery. So 1.9 and 620 for a Roadster with a 200kw battery is at least believable.

2 months later
2 weeks later
#1150 6 years ago

i had a 2005 300C SRT8. that thing hauled. great sleeper.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pezpunk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-car-club?tu=pezpunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.