3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,958 posts
  • 308 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by dasvis
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,628 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5343 (resized).jpg
IMG_2390 (resized).PNG
20190711_131613 (resized).jpg
20181203_131553 (resized).jpg
20190105_134631 (resized).jpg
20190408_145914 (resized).jpg
20190816_164047 (resized).jpg
20190816_164011 (resized).jpg
IMG_0133 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_8040 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)
70716612_377793983151041_1868156618793811968_n (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_141617237 (resized).jpg
Scan car.pdf (PDF preview)
20190914_150921 (resized).jpg
20190914_150643 (resized).jpg
5304A027-CFC1-410E-B3D0-5DA46014883E (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 3 years ago

This is what my Mustang and me looked like back in '89. LOL

Me and Lori 1989 (resized).jpg

Mustang, me, Lori 1989 (resized).jpg

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Hey Paul, nice ride (oh yeah, the Mustang too).

Yup she sure was, she's loooong gone. (the car too and it will be back from the shop this coming spring better then ever).

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Was? Hope everything's ok nowadays!!!

Added to my post above. Also very close to 400hp 302cid, not bad for a streetable motor and a car that weights 3100lbs.

302 on stand (resized).jpg

1 week later
#120 3 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

I like this thread! lot of good looking cars out there. I'm pretty happy with my 3 currently
76' corvette
03' BMW Z4
92' Chevy 1500

Didn't I buy my Operation Wolf from you?

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from Badamack:

Oh, I love this theead!
All this stuff is cool. And so varied!
The car game is about as good (or better) as the pin game in my book.

I'll have to give you a ride when my Mustang is done. But just remember it's not a modern luxury sports car....it's all old school.

#135 3 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

My not-so-pin-hauler.
1978, W72 4speed, 14,000 original miles, completely unmolested and untouched.
100% Original survivor car.
Martinique Blue with premium interior.

I helped print all those different colored hood birds. I most likely handled that one.

#163 3 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Today, Ford has announced it will stop building vehicles in Australia in 2017, that is 91 years of producing cars there. This follows GM and Toyota, as Holden and Toyota were citing expensive production costs. Sad day indeed!

Yeah a livable wage is one of those "expensive production costs" for it's workers. Makes me sick!!!

#164 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I run a slide show of my cars on a 23" TV next to my Mustang premium (with projector light "COBRA" topper).
mystic paint '96 SVT Mustang Cobra (with 7 miles on odometer)
mineral grey '01 SVT Mustang Cobra (with 55 miles on odometer)
torch red '08 Shelby GT500 Mustang (with 9 miles on odometer)
inferno orange '13 Camaro ZL1 (with 8 miles on odometer)
deep impact blue '13 Mustang GT premium (my wife's car)

You need my leg Light-Ups on that Premium.

#184 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

You just need someone to do a truck conversion on your Vette. Then your pins can ride in style.

What no topper.

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

The cars are garaged under fitted covers and are started and run for a half hour every few weeks

For fuel injected cars I've read that's really bad because the computer runs them richer so you are actually washing the rings out.

#221 3 years ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

1979 Z28. Stock. 56k miles.

Beautiful. Have you seen pictures of that model in IMSA race trim? It's BAD ASS!!!

#227 3 years ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

Haven't seen it. Diggin your Mustang. I had a 93 back in the day

Thanks, do a Google search for it.

#246 3 years ago
Quoted from willbeEM:

Winter is coming soon and its time to put the classics to bed. The latest snowmelter they are using on the roads in the larger towns and cities in Ontario is a liquid salt brine. In traffic it creates a corrosive salt fog that gets into everything, nasty.
My original 2.8 EFI 1987 Camaro get hidden in granny's garage on top of a 6 mil plastic sheet and under a fitted car cover from Coverking. with a couple of moving blankets and a tarp over that ( moisture and dropped stuff prevention). Steel wool pads in the exhaust pipes(mice prevention), extra air in the tires (keeps them round), fuel topped off with a fuel stabilizer added (tank condensation prevention and ethanol in fuel ..yeck.), fresh synthetic oil in engine ( I heard regular oil can cause damage..pitting?) Battery removed and stored with a minder ( had one freeze solid once), Body was washed and waxed some dry sheets inside and mouse bait tossed underneath and see ya in the spring.
boo hoo

No heat in the garage I take it. You really should take the tires and wheels off and put it on jack stands or junk tires and wheels. The freeze/thaw can tare the plys inside the tires when there's weight on the tires. If anything put the car on jack stands under the frame with the tires off the ground and all the weight off the suspension.

#252 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

I drive a '59 fury.
Pushed the Buy it now button on ebay..shipping to the netherlands was horribly expensive.
This is the closest i could get to christine,i feel like a million bucks when i drive it!
It does not accomodate a pinball though..

Cool. How much is yearly registration for it? A friend of mine in Switzerland pays $2000 a year for his '69 MACH 1 Mustang.

1 month later
#273 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

My 59 fury actually only costs me €100 insurance a year.
Classic car insurance is real cheap over here.
You don't pay registration in the netherlands.
We do have something called roadtax,depending on how heavy your car is.
But cars over 40 years old are roadtax free in the Netherlands.
So it costs €8 a month to own it,awesome right?!

WOW you got a deal goin there.

#278 2 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

In germany this is ok.

You can get a ticket for going TO slow in the fast lane. Your doin just fine.

#284 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Utah, for the past three years. Wyoming for the past two. Rural Nevada for over a year. Plus Texas non-toxic roads. I'm sure there's more.....

We could NEVER have that high a speed on any road in Minnesota cuz they are to shitty.

#313 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Searched for and bought a used (less than 12,000 miles) gotta-have-it-green 2013 Boss 302 to match the Mustang Boss premium pinball. I'll add it to the slide show as soon as I get a chance to take some nice pics.
(If you've never seen this $495 extra cost green metallic color in person it looks fabulous!)

You dog...arf...arf. I ordered my Mustang Grabber Orange.

Mustang when new (resized).jpg

#315 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That was 12 days before I was born.
rd

Yup your a youngster.

#317 2 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

I was in high school when that car hit the dealers. My school parking lot consisted of many Mustangs (I had a 66 GT K car convertible), two or three hemi Chrysler products, a few Chevelle SS's, several Novas, one Corvette, and loads of not-so-cool cars.

The hemi's always cleaned up. Until that SS454 got modded.

The 454's were great motors.

#332 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I understand, I am just more of a use and enjoy guy than a collector.

Me too, drag raced, road raced and ran it on the Bonneville Salt Flats a couple times. Here's what it looked like when I ran it out at Bonneville in '93. The picture was taken at the World of Wheel show in St Paul, MN in '94. I took First Place in my class. Then took it to the Duluth, MN World Of Wheels show 2 months later and won First Place again.

IMGA0667[1] (resized).JPG

#336 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Nothing else like Bonneville, eh?

Cool, you've been there. What year was that?

#337 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Always wondered what it was like driving on the salt and then how much effort it takes to clean it all off.

It's like your on another planet when your out there. It can be a REAL problem if the salt is wet, for both out side AND inside (carpet) but if it's dry it's not to bad.

#350 2 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

been sitting like this past 3 years i hope i can start to free up some time and finish it this winter.

Come on get on it, you just don't see many early Birds on the road, especially verts. Yours is gonna be sweet.

1 month later
#408 2 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Hey everybody. I got new mufflers today. How do you like them?

Do they shoot flames too?

#412 2 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

These two jags belong to a collector friend. He lent them to me for a weekend last year, and I'm still grinning. The E-Type sure looked good parked amongst my pins. The D-Type was understably way more fun to drive.

Now THAT'S a friend.

2 weeks later
#443 2 years ago
Quoted from Archytas:

There is an absolute criminal lack of decent Japcars here, all you lot with your hot rods and muscle cars! Lets change that.

Not had her long but loving her, currently in the shop for an engine swap!

Oh man you got a fart can on it.

#447 2 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

It's required. These cars need at least a 4 inch diameter exhaust for unrestricted flow when modifying. Anything else is restrictive.

I'd like to see the dyno sheet saying they make more power.

#464 2 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

What people don't understand is that an opened-up exhaust can actually hurt performance. With a stock profile cam, there needs to be a certain amount of back-pressure in the exhaust. This keeps the combustible mix in the cylinder longer, instead of scavenging it out into the exhaust which happens with less back-pressure, at the top of the RPM scale.
Burning it in the exhaust increases EGT temperatures and reduces engine power.
SO
A bigger exhaust system isn't always better.

I was wondering when someone was gonna post that and on a dual system an H or X pipe can help make power.

#466 2 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Here is my new pin hauler. Its a 1982 Ford F150.

Does it have a bench seat?

#473 2 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Yes, the interior is in good shape too. It has the 351 v8 engine.

Love the bench seat......so did the girls.

1 month later
#521 2 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

Official Not-Pinhauler #3 arriving this week
1978 Trans AM Y88 (Special Edition), 4 Speed, W72, T-tops, Air.

Very nice. I helped print those bird decals, all the different colored ones too back in the day.

#525 2 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

In the early 80's our Body Shop had 2 different decals for the hood. The head of the Firebird on the aftermarket decal faced in the other direction. The aftermarket decals were not of the same image quality as the GM (3M I think) decals. The difference of around $100 as well.

Really, an after market decal. Yes 3M film and 3M ink. I had an orange one mounted on a piece of plex years ago, looked really cool but sold it years ago for $400 if I remember right.

#532 2 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/paul.busta.1/videos/778197875550267/ If anyone is interested here's a vid I shot 2 years ago about starting my Mustang engine after 13 years of sitting.

#535 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I guess I'll just have to imagine the video since I don't have facebook. Wow, that thing caught on fire quick. And quite an explosion. Did your eyebrows ever grow back?

hahahahahahaha now that's funny. How do I put that vid up on Pinside?

1 week later
#565 2 years ago

After 46 years my '70 Mustang finally has sub-frame connectors.

IMGA0995 (resized).JPG

IMGA0996 (resized).JPG

#577 2 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I've seen some of the other posts on your Mustang and it's pretty awesome Paul!

Hey thanks, it's gonna be the only one like it on the street, half street car half road race car. Everybody complains about having to wait a year or 2 for their new game, try waiting 15 YEARS for your car to be done.

2 weeks later
#589 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

This car stuff is just plain crazy... I 'had' to replace my steering wheel with a darker mahogany color to try and better match the faux wood dash. nuts...

Kinda like pinball.

#596 2 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I like classic American iron too and have two Novas.
One is a restored 1965 Nova SS and the other is a 1964 Nova SS Pro Street (never ending project car).
Here's the '65 SS:

Here's the '64 SS and the new 510 CI supercharged big block:

1964 Nova SS (Originally a 283 4-speed)
Features:
>Backhalved with AutoWeld Chassis "Ultimate II" frame rails, 4-link suspension with wishbone track locator & Aldan adjustable coil-overs
>Narrowed 9" Ford rear with Moser axles & Wilwood Dynalite II disc brakes, and 15 x 15 Weld Draglite wheels with 31x18.5" Mickey Thompson tires
>Custom polished stainless wheelie bars, all-steel tubs, custom aluminum fuel cell & trunk-mounted battery box
>Custom Mustang II front suspension with Heidts polished stainless tubular control arms, Heidts 2" forged drop spindles, QA1 adjustable coil-overs, Wilwood Dynalite II disc brakes, 15x3.5 Weld Draglite wheels with Mickey Thompson Front Runner tires
>GM tilt/telescopic steering column with Lecarra steering wheel, polished stainless steering shaft & Borgeson joints
>14 pt. custom roll cage, new quarter panels, front fenders, glass, and all the trim (if I choose to use it)
Engine (brand-new build):
>Gen VI GM block bored .040" over, studded & O-ringed for forced induction
>Callies 4340 crank, Crower 4340 I-beam connecting rods, Arias forged blower pistons
>Bill Mitchell-prepped Dart 360 aluminum heads with titanium valves & Jesel shaft rockers
>BDS Stage III 8-71 supercharger
>Isky mechanical roller cam (custom-grind specifically matched to the BDS Stage III blower) & Jesel belt-drive

Yup that's a project car. How come all the Ford parts?

#599 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Because the 9" rear end is very durable for drag racing and easier to change the gear.

I know that cuz I have a 9 inch Locker with big bearings and Moser 31 spline axles also. Just wondering why you didn't go all Chev in your Chev.

2 weeks later
#610 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

It's spring time. It's cruisin' time. Post those driving pics!

Wish I could, it's still in the shop.

#619 2 years ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

Yep. I posted a couple more back in post #220 in this thread

That year Camaro really looked wild in a IMSA configuration.

3 weeks later
#640 2 years ago

It's my Mustangs 47th Birthday today, I picked it up about 5pm that day. It's older then some of you guys.

Mustang when new (resized).jpg

#648 2 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Its got me by a year and 6 days.

About when you were born I was getting my first speeding ticket.....80 in a 30.

#657 2 years ago
Quoted from Olddragon:

That is awesome that you still have the 'stang after all these years.
Here is mine that, ironically, I bought when I was 47 years old:

Hey thanks. I'd love to have a new Mustang too like yours but no money and no garage space. Now that funny, 47 and 47. Just 3 more years and I'm gonna drive it to my 50th HS reunion...gonna FREAK people out.

#663 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Since I wasn't seeing much Love for the great AMC I thought I would post a picture of my 1970 AMC Gremlin. Levi interior and to the dismay of most of the high $$$ cars at the show it wins most every time. It's parked next to my recently sold 1965 Mustang. Love that AMC, sad to see them all gone. So many memories for So many people I bet....Lol

Super nice example.

#668 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Everyone has an old AMC story from back in the day good or bad

Soooo true, I almost bought a 70 AMX instead of my 70 Mustang.

#671 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I'm longing for someone to put me an LS3 like this in my P1800.

If you put that monster in I hope you stiffen the frame like all get out.

4 weeks later
#696 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Decided to give my cars a nicer place to live. Phase 1 on the floor started today. Hopefully finish up tomorrow.

I take it your not gonna be working on the car in the garage.

#701 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

"SUPPOSED" to be impervious to most any fluids after the final coat. We'll see!

That's a given, I'm talkin about 3 ton floor jacks and jack stands. That's what I use.

#706 2 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Damn you got heavy jacks. How do you move them around?

hahahahaha The stands are rated at 6 ton each and I use 4 at a time and the 3 legs are sharp on the bottom. I don't cheap out when I know I'm gonna be lying under the Mustang. It weighs 3200 lbs and would squash me like a bug.

#714 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I thought I'd post a final pic of the floor after completion. Very happy with the result and well worth the investment I think.
The Volvo said it was happy.

Looks great.

#716 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Saw this one yesterday while heading to VFW.

Did ya race him?

#719 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

MsBally's 4.2L Inline 6 GMC Envoy did not want to embarrass the smaller 3.5L V6

1 week later
1 week later
#782 2 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Okay, just did it yesterday. Started the install about noon and finished up about 7 with a pizza break and serveral beer breaks. So you need a day, I did the install with my 14 year old son. I will tell you that you will need four people or some sort of lift to get it done. We use a skid with fork, which was a great safety as well. I would say it is pretty easy, but then again I am very mechanical, instructions assume you have good mechanical knowledge. They are MAN INSTRUCTIONS, just one exploded picture and two pages of basic instructions.
I say easy, but I have met people that didn't know how to use crimp pliers before as well. So I would say a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10 assuming you can change spark plugs on a car and at least know how to use crimp pliers without instruction
Ceiling height will be dependent on which lift you buy and the height of your cars. You add car height plus lift platform width and 2nd car height to get you total required height. I bought an Atlas from Greg Smith. Standard lift, not additional height or width and it is everything I could ask for. Quality is great. You could definitely park a daily driver underneath. Also come with a jack tray, casters and oil drop pans for no charge
http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Atlas-Garage-Pro-8-000

Are you going to bolt it to the floor?

#784 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Mine isn't.
They ship with a set of wheels so you can move the rig around, it is pretty stable.

I see. I wish my garage was wider so I could have that AND have the Mustang next to it when not in use. Does it need 220v power?

3 weeks later
#794 2 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Hello car clubbers. Anyone have any recs for a legit automotive shipping company? Bro in WA state is giving me his old F-150 and I would prefer not to drive it 2200 miles.
So far lots of bait and switch on shipping bid prices via brokers (one about 17 minutes after signing a (now void) contract with them). And every company I have looked at has horror stories on "pissedconsumer.com" or "ripoffreports.com" or equivalent sites.
Starting to look like making the drive is the answer (would be nice if I could take some time with it but would have to blow straight through).
Thanks in advance.

Fly then drive is probably your best bet.

#800 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Well that was a depressing hour of looking thru 16 pages of your guys awesome cars! I'm jealous and envious of all of you
I love american muscle but lack of funds has me posting without pics of any wheels. However there's always time I'm still on the left side of 40, have no kids and no mortgage

Well hurry up, you aint gettin any younger. I bought my 70 Mustang new (I ordered it even, Dec of 69) when I was 17 and still have it. Yup it's 47 years old and better then ever.

#802 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I bought my 66 mustang when I was 15 back in 1987. Still have it and it's about to turn 52.

In 87 I had had mine for 17 years already. Yeah I know I'm and old guy.

#805 2 years ago

Oh now that's cool. Is that Hurst comp plus 4 speed shifter?

#806 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I wish I had been smart enough to hang on to a few of my cars through the years. My first car at 16 was a '67 Cougar, sky blue. I really took that car for granted.

Yeah hind sight is 20/20 they say. I went through hell though to keep it though.

#810 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Happiness is a clean car in the middle of winter.
rd

Mine would be a big ball of ice during our winter.

#811 2 years ago
Quoted from guss:

No it's a manual shift automatic with a Hurst ratchet shifter.

I see.

#828 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I like how the corner of the bumper is bent downward(with a huge gap) to make the truck appear lower!

Those openings were needed so the wide tires would be able to turn, I had to do the same thing on my Mustang.

#845 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Just got my new pin hauler. Only issue is that it can't actually haul pins.

Nice. Sure it could.....a piece at a time.

2 weeks later
#855 2 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

So has anyone seen the Eclipse today?? I was lucky enough get a photo of it

This is the best I could do before the clouds moved in.

IMGA0182 (resized).JPG

#860 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I gotcha beat.

WOW that's a perfect exposure. He REALLY knew what he was doing.

3 months later
#980 1 year ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Has anyone used Racedeck in their garage(s)? My 12 year old epoxy (U Coat It) looked great for first few years of heavy repair use on both lifts and has looked horrible for the past few and has gotten worse.
Have looked at their stuff for years on Garage Journal but now that I don’t do heavy repair stuff anymore, I like this option. Would be going with a mix of diamond and free flow as we park our daily cars/truck in there. We have a small detached 24x32 garage.
Pics of current and installed in 2005.

Just have that old stuff sanded off, leave the raw concrete and call it a day.

#985 1 year ago

Here's the current state of my 70 Mustang, guide coat before final sanding. Drip rails have been shaved, fiberglass front fenders and flairs are looking good. Can't wait to see it in color.....black.

IMGA0522 (resized).JPG
IMGA0526 (resized).JPG
IMGA0525 (resized).JPG
IMGA0530 (resized).JPG
IMGA0531 (resized).JPG
IMGA0532 (resized).JPG

#993 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

This is in my family... I get to contribute Pinball

There are a mix of 13 classic GT 350’s and Gt500’s all restored mint, plus an untouched black fastback Gt350 all original
4 Ford Gt’s, silver, black , red, and gt40
2 cobra jet, 1 super bird
And plenty of others including land cruisers, corvettes, camaros, mclarens, a Lamborghini murceilago, the list goes on

That's my kind of garage. Is that your dad's collection?

4 weeks later
#1073 1 year ago

Paint is down, now wet sand then clear then wet sand, well you know the drill..

20180112_174148 (resized).jpg

20180112_174215 (resized).jpg

20180116_172635 (resized).jpg

20180116_172659(1) (resized).jpg

#1079 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

That's too bad. Maybe do what you can to try to cheer the paint up?

#1080 1 year ago
Quoted from Badamack:

F yes Paul!
That looks awesome!

Thanks, I'm gonna have a Welcome Home party when it comes back.....oh and pinball and pool will be included in the party. This will be it's first permanent home since I bought it almost 48 years ago. You'll be invited.

#1082 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

That looks like you are going to have a big rear tire with the fender flare. I can't wait see you do a burn out.

They are 295 x 50 x 15s on 10 inch original American CP 200s with black painted spoke sides and center hub and 3 blade spinners with the 5 sided knock off look center caps. The suspension is set up for road racing not doing burn outs, if I break the tires loose I'm doing something wrong.

#1084 1 year ago
Quoted from psd4me:

I had that exact wheel tire combo on the back of my 78 Ranchero back in the early 80's. The wild part was it fit without any mods. Also had 265/50's on the front.

Way cool, I just can't part with those wheels they look sooooo good. I had that size on the 8 inch fronts also. I had BFG Euro TA's on the rims, they were 130 mph tires but they were to old to run. Only one company, Micky Thompson makes 130 mph big 15 inch tires so that's what I'm going with. Got the fronts but need the backs. Here's the backs.

mtt-6626_lf_w_xl (resized).jpg

#1093 1 year ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

In the next month I will be getting my driving license back. I had a stroke and three brain surgeries. I have not driven in a couple years. Soon I will be driving our bmw 300e it's like 4 weeks old.
I drove many miles before my surgeries. I drove for a living. Grainger industrial supply.
Soon I will be driving again. I am going to spend the next year or so driving the bmw.
Then a sports car like a challenger. I'm so excited because I will be driving again.

#1099 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I can not wait to see pictures of your final product. I have always loved Mustangs and yours looks like it is going to be something special. The rear fender extensions almost remind of a RWB Porsche 911, but you have a nice clean look, not screwed in.

Was that meant for me Ryan?

#1103 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Oops, yes it was.

That's what I thought, thanks. Here's my buddies Mustang at Daytona this past December, I shot video and was crew for him and the ride along was unbelievable.

L50_8927[2](1) (resized).jpg

M55_4287[2](1) (resized).jpg

M55_6925[2] (resized).jpg

#1110 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I had to jack up my '69 SS396 L78 Chevelle (stolen in 1975) to fit Mickey Thompson N50x15s on 10 inch wide chrome Cragar S/S wheels back then. It's easier now with modern muscle. My ZL1 Camaro came with 305/35ZR20 Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar rear tires on 11" wide forged aluminum wheels (and 285/35ZR20 fronts on 10" rims) that fit neatly in the factory wheel wells.

Yeah the car makers learned a thing or two since 1970.

#1111 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Didn't know you were restoring the Mustang. Paint looks awesome! I wouldn't let anyone sit on the hood like back in the day in your avatar pic!

Yeah, it's been in the shop for the past 14 years, MAJOR resto on it and costing me a small fortune, you name it it's been replaced or repaired....except the engine, tranny, rear end, dash, steering collum, side and rear glass and wheels and a few other pieces. I should get it back this spring then the clean-up begins, the engine and engine compartment are messy dirty. I was thinking (if anyone does it in my area) getting that ceramic coating put on the paint, the demos look GREAT.

#1117 1 year ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

So I was under my fury havn a check over before headn off to a show..... looks as tho some one has been burning rubber......

Don't look at me.

#1124 1 year ago
Quoted from Travish:

Yea like $500 water pumps and $800 headlights.

Yup.....but they get 30 miles a gallon....so the money you save on gas you can afford a $500 water pump and $800 headlights when they go bad.

2 weeks later
#1153 1 year ago

The Mustang is painted, cleared and buffed, looks like a black mirror. Now for the Satin black pieces front and back.

20180206_155435 (resized).jpg

#1155 1 year ago
Quoted from crlush:

Looks bad ass! Is it just a track car or street also.

Thanks, street also but it's a bear to drive on the street. But oh man on a nice smooth road it's pure joy.

3 weeks later
#1177 1 year ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I just got this it has been in the works for 3 years.

Is that a 69 Firebird?

#1179 1 year ago
Quoted from zr11990:

67 camaro with a ls1 with custom heads and cam. 450 to the rear wheels in a 3000 lb car. I have a total of 20 miles on it. The problem is that I can’t drive the car anywhere and leave it in a parking lot.

I was close. I'll have the same problem when I get my Mustang back.

#1181 1 year ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I had the car built for my son. It took so long that I had to give him a truck to drive. Now he doesn’t want to give up the truck. So it is a family car till he decides to take it. I can’t get insurance for him to drive it till he is 25 and the car is too damn fast and squirrely to do much more than recreational driving.

Sounds like you should sell it, he may kill himself if he gets his hands on it.

#1194 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Not mine, but I was fortunate to see this collection when checking out a pin. Does that count?

I like how he has the different road courses hanging on the walls in the last picture. Yeah he has some $$$$$$$$$

2 weeks later
#1227 1 year ago

Hey club members any of you guys have any car parts from cars you've owned (besides license plates) hanging on your garage walls? I'll start, a door skin off my Mustang when I raced it on the Bonneville Salt flats back in 92 and 2 fenders that I had a guy try making metal flairs for them. They wern't big enough so I hung um on the wall.

IMGA0671 (resized).JPG

IMGA0672 (resized).JPG

IMGA0673 (resized).JPG

IMGA0674 (resized).JPG

#1229 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Those Mustang body panels are sweet.

Thanks. I know it's a "little" out of the ordinary to have this kind of stuff hanging on the wall but I payed for them so I'm darn well gonna use um the one way or another.

#1232 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Not nearly as pretty, here's my "hall of fame"
Two clutches and a pressure plate from my sons TT One was the original that had about 155k and the other is the replacement "high performance" one that cost quite a bit more than stock. He got about 20,000 miles out of it. Let me tell you, transverse powertrains on an AWD car are no fun to R&R a transmission on.
Finally, there is a gear. First gear to be precise, from my '01 Beetle Turbo. I let my son use it when he started driving legally (and I use that term loosely). Unfortunately, he learned my sins and was having lots of fun in an open parking lot with several inches of snow and a layer of spotty ice below the snow. What any 16 year old motorhead would do such as reverse donuts (it's FWD) and other stuff. He obviously was slamming between reverse and first or 1st & 2nd and went from no traction to full traction. After that, the car never went into 1st gear again. He comes home and says: "uh, dad, I think we need to adjust the shift linkage as something isn't right"....
The pictures of the gear tell the story. That was another fun project....
At least him being a motorhead and teaching him car repairs has made him unafraid to tackle any vehicle repair jobs. He now repairs my cars for me so I don't complain at all.

Ouch that was a costly lesson.

#1233 1 year ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Wish I’ve saved parts like you as it’s a great idea. The best I have is an original 03 Terminator rod but not from my 03. Obviously the rainbow is not from oil!
EDIT: Added a picture of a low mileage rod I have too.

Wow, what did the piston and crank look like? That thing could have broken at any time.

#1235 1 year ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

There's costly lessons, and then there's costly lessons...
(pic not from my car, thankfully)
Richard

Damn.

#1240 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

No. But you reminded me of a clever guitar ad I saw back in 1966, which pictured a Fender Jaguar guitar leaning against a Jaguar automobile fender.

Crazy. Would that guitar be worth and money these days?

#1243 1 year ago
Quoted from Willathrilla:

There are a lot of fox bodies on this page so here's my 1988 GT with 31,000 km (19,000 mi) on it.

I'll bet it doesn't see any of the nasty Canadian winters. Beautiful shape, all stock too.

#1246 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Beautiful car!! Never understand why people are proud of keeping them low mileage though. Drive that bad boy!!

Well in Canada they only have 2 months of nice weather, the rest of the time it's -30 and snowing.

#1271 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I do not own a '60s Fender Jaquar, but a quick google shows 4 available priced from $3500 to $4500.
And there are numerous listings of sunburst '60's Jaguars currently on eBay priced from $3750 to $6536.
(Although there are several custom solid color '60s Jaguars on eBay that are priced from $6395 to $11,000.)
But I am the original owner of a '64 Fender Stratocaster, which a quick google shows 2 for sale at $15,000.
There are a couple '64 sunburst Stratocasters very similar to mine listed on eBay for $18,500 and $26,000.

Dang that's good money for those, ESPECIALLY for yours.

1 week later
#1283 1 year ago
Quoted from MattS:

It has arrived

Oh man look at the size of those intake ports.

#1286 1 year ago
Quoted from MattS:

Can't wait to see what it is capable of, going to remote dyno tune it so I will post the numbers once I get it done.

My buddy has a blown hemi in his 67 Bellvader street car (sorry for the spelling LOL) It makes around 760hp

#1289 1 year ago
Quoted from MattS:

That's awesome!
This will be normally aspirated and should make mid 500hp at the wheels, stock 392 makes about 420 depending on the dyno.
I like the road course better then the drag strip these days so I went NA with the option of adding a blower later.
They claim they have used this build reliably up to 900+ hp and reliability is what I am looking for.

Sweet. I like the road course more too....it lasts longer. I went for a ride along in my buddies 70 Mach 1 RR car at Daytona this past December, talk about brutal...WOW. Close to 170 on the front straight. Nuthin like hot sticky race tires in the corners and the bank turns WOW!!!

M55_4287[2] (resized).jpg

M55_6925[2] (resized).jpg

#1294 1 year ago
Quoted from MattS:

So cool!
I'm trying REALLY HARD to not build a racecar out of this one. In the past I have taken cars I loved, over moded them, and ended up hating them.
So far I still love the Challenger. It's a monster on the track, freaks everyone out because it handles like it's on rails yet weighs 4400 lbs. I drive it everyday.

I hear ya, my Mustang is street/road race, no power anything all manual that's what makes it fun for me. Sheet 4400lbs. Mine is 3200lbs wet. I was told by Wilwood that their 6 piston calipers 12.19 rotors will fit my 15 inch rims, if they do that's what's going on the front with 4 piston going on back. Fingers crossed.

#1296 1 year ago

Oh man don't change ANYTHING. Beautiful and a vert too.

1 month later
#1314 1 year ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Pics of car show at Ford Nats the other weekend. 19 Bullitt was there.

Wish I could go to a show like that, my Mustang would probably be the only one set up like it is.

#1319 1 year ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

i had my 1 minute of fame on local tele here in N.Z.
I just got interviewed bout my fury cause ive been driving it to the same event for many years in a row (12 i think) and its a big roadtrip to get there.
Im the idiot from 2.15 forgetting everything i was going to say and rambling on about crap about his charcoal fury
https://www.facebook.com/needacar.co.nz/videos/1918358911530830/

Cool vid, you did a good job. That looks almost like every Friday evening in North St Paul, Minnesota during the summer, just 7 miles away from me. I can't wait to drive my Mustang there, it will be the only car like it....set up for road racing but still street driveable.

img004 (resized).jpg

#1331 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I have not been someone to look at a Mustang and call it gorgeous, but now I absolutely can. That's a damn gorgeous Mustang.

Well thanks, many people 37 years ago (when that picture was taken) didn't know what kind of car it was. When I get it back on the road this summer MOST people won't know what kind of car it is. It mostly looks the same now just better.

#1333 1 year ago

Anybody read Japanese? The first time I raced my Mustang on the salt flats was in 1990 at the 42nd Speed Week the Japanese brought 3 cars over for the event. The photographer for the Japanese mag OPTION was with them to capture the event and write an article about them. We got to talk with them (as best we could LOL) quite a bit and they took our picture and got my name and address. A couple months later this showed up in the mail, I was excited to see that they remembered me and the Mustang. I found the article (and of course I couldn't read a word) but it was fun just looking at the pictures. When I got to the main 2 page spread picture I just about shit my pants, there was the picture they took of me (the guy on the right) and my crew holding their OPTION mag sticker. WOW!!! Soooo many memories with my Mustang over the past 48 years.

IMGA0704 (resized).JPG

IMGA0705 (resized).JPG

IMGA0706 (resized).JPG

#1381 1 year ago

The front and the back are finally painted and assembled but it still needs the front spoiler put on. It's gettin there.

20180523_133634 (resized).jpg

20180523_133718 (resized).jpg

20180523_133728 (resized).jpg

#1387 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Wow, I can’t imagine buying so many cars just to let them sit in the garage.

Well when ya got money anything is possible. People wonder how I have so many pins too.

#1390 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRob:

But you play your pins right?

Not all at once. I'm sure it's the same with his cars, he takes a certain one out for a spin when he feels like it.

Quoted from Pinless:

It’s more like buying >5x your pin collection and never playing them.

Yup like I said....money talks and I'm sure he drives them same as us playing all our games.

#1392 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Did you see the miles on his cars? I don’t think he’s taking most of them out for a spin.

Well there's something to say for low mileage cars.

#1398 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Re-read his post. He has 4 cars that have less than 60 miles on them. It’s safe to say that he does not drive them.

I forgot about that.

#1399 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Why does it matter if he drives them or not, is that anyones business other than his own?? Its his damn money, he earned it and he can buy whatever the hell that he wants to! Why do you feel like you should be able to be in control of his life and what he does?

Oh would you stop making such a big deal out of it. We know it's his money.

#1404 1 year ago
Quoted from ItsOnlyPinball:

My 2011 Ford Mustang GT convertible. It is my 4th Mustang. I have owned a 71' Fastback, an 89 GT Convertible, and a 99' Cobra Convertible as well...wish I could move pins in this, but I have a Ford Edge for that.

Great. Us Mustang guys gotta stick together.

#1415 1 year ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I have friends that do this. They swear by it. Here’s my take on it: you still need to put it on regularly, your body shop needs to know if it’s been done as it works well enough that it can penetrate down in and through the paint. The paint won’t stick unless they’re taking it down to the metal/foundation. Scuffing, sealing, and painting will lead to the paint coming right off or not sticking at all.
The results are great and looks to hold up. Water just falls off even on horizontal surfaces. Just know that you can still get chips and dents as it can’t prevent that. If you have a new car and don’t mind spending the money for a proper paint correction and for the application every other year or so, I’d say do it. I’d avoid it if you have a typical American paint job with the typical orange peel or a car that already has some minor paint chips that correction can’t fix. It will look best on a good paint/paint correction usually on a German or Japanese car.

That's good to know. Anyone use F14?

#1418 1 year ago
Quoted from dmacy:

mustangpaul Are you getting to, or have been, to Ford Carlisle?

Heard plenty about it but never been there. Now that my buddy has a deluxe car hauler I'm trying to talk him into bringing his 70 Mustang road race car there.

#1420 1 year ago
Quoted from dmacy:

It’s worth heading to for him, you or anyone. Headed there for weekend so was hoping to say hello and see your sweet Stang.

Someday, I'd have to drive mine, no trailer and nothing to pull the trailer with AND it's no where near ready. I told them to repaint all the satin black parts in the pictures a page or two back to semi gloss, satin was just to much of a contrast with the gloss on the body. Sooooo it'll take even longer now to get it back, maybe end of summer.

1 week later
#1425 1 year ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Added this new item to my Mustang. Apologies to fellow car enthusiasts that have autos with wooden wheels or wire wheels.

Restricted usage but, I just drive it car shows or meeting anyways, this plate should be fine.

I have to get Vintage plates for my Mustang to keep the cost down here.

#1434 1 year ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Few pics from Carlisle Ford Nats Friday.

Damn I wish I could drive mine to that show.

2 weeks later
#1466 1 year ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I prefer manual but the autos now finally caught up to technology and are impressive.

BUT can they take the punishment the 4 speed manual Toploader in my 70 Mustang takes.

#1483 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

My Camaro ZL1 is inferno orange.
My Shelby GT500 is torch red.
My Boss 302 is gotta-have-it green.
I guess I'm an old guy trying to look cool.

You like the attention the colors bring. Years ago I went from Grabber Orange on the Mustang to black.

#1485 1 year ago
Quoted from crlush:

I had a bright red Camaro back in the day, cant tell you how many times I got pulled over for driving the speed limit, my old brown Valiant I could speed past a cop And he wouldnt even look at me.

I got pulled over like that when it was black.....well it did look different from anything else on the road. The cops were car guys and just wanted to look at the car thank god.

img004 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1521 1 year ago
Quoted from MacLean:

This video is an absolute must see for any super car enthusiast. The Bugatti Chiron Vision GT

and people say pinball is expensive.

1 month later
#1562 1 year ago

One of a kind story there Doug. Congrats.

2 weeks later
#1589 1 year ago
Quoted from steve-o:

I used my '62 Rampy to transport 3 pins for my buddy Wolfus today. Easy-Peasy.
~Steveo
[quoted image]

Oh I bet you got the looks.

#1594 1 year ago
Quoted from TravisRT1985:

Black interior. Blk/blk is my favorite classic 911 color combo

My 70 Mustang is black on black like your car but man it's so hard to take a good picture when it's indoors. Hope to see a picture when it's outside in the sunlight.

#1602 1 year ago
Quoted from TravisRT1985:

Got her outside[quoted image][quoted image]

Now your talkin.

2 weeks later
#1629 11 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

70 boss 302 with 4:30 drag pack
66 fastback resto mod
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Super. I'll take the Boss please. Is that one of those slide under whole car jacks under it?

#1639 11 months ago

Is that new 426, 1000hp crate engine Hemi there?

#1643 11 months ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Here’s the Hellelephant motor in the 68[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So how much do you think the motor will go for, 30k?

#1654 11 months ago
Quoted from Tres:

I'm still trying to figure out what car is next on my list but in the meantime, I've finished remodeling the garage...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks GREAT. What's the size and height?

1 week later
#1666 11 months ago

That's a good read. Enjoy your classy floor.

1 month later
#1670 10 months ago

Any of you car guys ever seen this type of mag wheel center cap domed insert plastic covers? They are 1-3/4 inches in diameter. They made them years ago and I'd like to get some more. The 3 blade spinners on my American CP 200's are naked without them.

48382756_2139654552740316_7138724941511262208_n (resized).jpgIMGA0867 (resized).JPG

#1674 10 months ago
Quoted from Darcy:

The lower logo you posted, is like a 1979 Hood Ornament, could of been used until 1982. Is it a Ford part? Does it have a part number on the back?

No not a Ford part , they were sold by Hi Tech pictured above.

and thanks for the leads crlush, very much appreciated. I contacted both of them so we'll see what happens. Sure wish someone had some old stock of them lying around. Back in the early 80's when I bought them they were $6.99 for 4.....shit I should have bought 10 packages of 4 back then, I could get $70 for 4 now. LOL

#1676 10 months ago
Quoted from psd4me:

Here's an update on my truck for those that have seen the previous pics. Mike
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Lookin good.

#1680 10 months ago
Quoted from Atari1977:

It's not capable of hauling much of anything, but this is my 1936 Dodge D2 coupe that's been in my family since it was new.[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, that sooooo cool. That has got to be a Pinside record for ownership. I'm waaaay behind you at only 48 1/2 years.

#1682 10 months ago

I got an unexpected Christmas gift from Rick Vesco owner of the Turbinator, the new Turbinator poster and a smaller one, he even personalized one. I was the team videographer when they set the FIA Wheel Driven World Record back in 2001 at 458mph. This summer they were the first Wheel Driven car to break the 500mph barrier. They didn't have time to make a back up run because the next day the event was canceled because of rain but they were still the first to go over 500mph. Check them out at www.teamvesco.com. What a Christmas present.

IMGA0872 (resized).JPGIMGA0873 (resized).JPGIMGA0875 (resized).JPG
#1685 10 months ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Big car guy here! It’s the only thing that i have a passion for like pinball!
Owned a ton of different track cars
Vipers Evo’s RX7s mustangs ext...
This is my latest track toy 08 135i
Anyone on pinside doing Tire Racks one lap of America this year? I just finished my registration a few weeks back! This will be my first year and I’m excited should be an amazing week[quoted image]

Hmmmm first I've heard of it.

1 month later
#1698 8 months ago
Quoted from psd4me:

For those that have seen the other pics of my truck project here's where it's at currently. Finally back on the road
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I still need to get the cap (should be this week),flares and side molding painted and that will be all of the paint work. I've used 2 gals of basecoat so far on this. Mike
P.S. If you click on the pics you get a clearer version

Man that turned out GREAT.

3 weeks later
#1704 7 months ago

My Mustang is about 80% done.

IMGA0925 (resized).JPGIMGA0927 (resized).JPGIMGA0930 (resized).JPGIMGA0933 (resized).JPG

IMGA0932 (resized).JPGIMGA0920 (resized).JPGIMGA0919 (resized).JPG
#1706 7 months ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

How do I upvote like 80 times?..

Thanks. I just wish I had a good camera, I gotta get me one one of these days.

#1709 7 months ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Trade you a really damn good one and send you pics.

Thanks but no thanks.

#1711 7 months ago

Seats are Corbou (sorry about the spelling) GT 8's the wheels are original (1983) 2 piece, aluminum spokes on steel rims American CP 200's. I bought the wheels new back then.

#1715 7 months ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Damn nice.
Drive it in good health.

Thanks Mike, I sure will.

#1722 7 months ago
Quoted from Darcy:

With those 5 extra gauges wedged in there, where is the AM-8track going to go??

Cassette tape. But really no distractions like that cuz the car provides all the tunes. That's the way it's been for years.

#1723 7 months ago
Quoted from TrueJedi:

I bought my 70 Chevelle 25 years ago prior to being eligible to even apply for my driver's license. I remember my driving instructor coming to pick me up one day witnessing me putting the car in my parents garage after washing it. He asked if it was my dad's car and I told him no it was mine. My scheduled driver's testing was coming up, so he replied "you got a lot riding on that test don't you think?". It will never leave this family and will be passed down to one of my kids.
[quoted image]

Super clean. Don't change a thing.

#1724 7 months ago
Quoted from OHMI_Arcade:

Does anyone have a Kwik lift? If so, what are your thoughts. Seems like a safe way to get under the car if you don’t have the height for a post lift. Thanks
https://www.kwik-lift.com/

I like that, just wish I had the room.

1 week later
#1742 7 months ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

So far I love it. I rented a 2018 for a recent long trip and that made the decision to trade.
This 2019 seems to have an improved suspension, especially over rough pavement. That was a complaint I read and was a problem in the 2018 rental.
Get the Platinum edition for sure. Super nice interior for the price. There are current rebates that take a chunk off the sticker.
I generally don't care for rear seat Captain's chairs but these are sweet. With the big rear center console and integrated entertainment system, it's like being in your living room.
The V8 is super smooth and responsive. Strong braking. Seats are very comfortable.
Cameras everywhere. Surround vehicle warnings.
It's minus 30 deg outside but I tested the cooled seats and yes, it got cold quick.
Gas mileage sucks but I didn't expect gas mileage. It's a big ass heavy SUV with 390 hp V8. Can tow a barge.
And about 20K +- less than the Infinity.

Your saying it's 30 BELOW ZERO where you are?

1 week later
#1772 7 months ago

I LOVE it when Mustang parts show up on my door step, new rear tires. Hope they are wide enough.

IMGA0941 (resized).JPGIMGA0942 (resized).JPGIMGA0943 (resized).JPG
#1775 7 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Can't wait for you Stang to come back together!!

Me too but there's always something that pops up that slows it down, now it's the front and rear brakes upgrade.

2 months later
#1809 4 months ago

Got new front and rear glass with trim on my 70 Mustang, one piece headliner too. Now to install new Wilwood brakes on the front. New spindles too.

IMGA0985 (resized).JPGIMGA0986 (resized).JPG
#1812 4 months ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Brought this home the other day, my summer ride![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sharp. Is that a 72?