IMG_20240407_135817543 (resized).jpg
20240406_115430 (resized).jpg
20240406_115423 (resized).jpg
20240406_115419 (resized).jpg
Toyota 1980s jumping.gif
Toyota jumping.jpg
Landcruiser (resized).jpg
IMG_4397 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#108 7 years ago

I love the boat tail rivieras. So cool looking. When I was younger I had a big coffee table book of Cars of the 70s and the Riviera was a fave.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#126 7 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

2011 Evolution X MR and since I can't afford a GT-R I'll show the alternative.

I worked on a Vet's house that a Suzuki similar to that. He would drive it to his practice every day. He said that thing was dangerously fast and showed us a standing still burnout in his driveway.

I had a Ninja for about a year. A lot of fun but I decided not worth the risk.

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I have always loved corvettes, especially stingrays. If I can just figure out how to get a pinball machine in the back I'll be all set.

You just need someone to do a truck conversion on your Vette. Then your pins can ride in style.

#186 7 years ago

I think you're looking for the Corvette wagon variant, the Corvette Aerowagon with optional Aerowagonette trailer. The trailer is for up to 3 unruly small children and is capable of speeds of 200 mph.

#196 7 years ago

Awesome Ford truck. Love the wire wheels.

#197 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

And maybe the group can identify this car for me?!! I have wanted to know what it is for about 30 years.
On a cruise in the early 80s down in Jamaica and Cozumel. Took this pic of a car in Jamaica, supported by some of the upstanding young locals. (And a pic of me enjoying the Cozumel sun...)

Looks like a Dodge to me. Maybe a Coronet?

#199 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Ford Cortina, early 70's. Door handles, and the off set FORD lettering, with the Cortina logo, the logo is hidden by the kid on the right.

I got the Ford lettering but couldn't find the model. I wanted to say a Taunus. It had a similar back end but the hood shape didn't quite match.

I love regional cars that didn't come to America. The Taunus has some unique square headlights.

#200 7 years ago

Here's the Cortina.

#207 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Not sure on the rest of Canada. There were many 60's and 70's English automobiles in British Columbia, Victoria and Vancouver had MG, Austin, Rover, Vauxhall, Mini, Austin-Healey, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Jaguar, TVR, Triumph, Ford, and Lotus dealers of some kind or other. That all came to an end in the mid 70's as emissions, crash test standards, and Dollar to Pound, changed everything.

I was specifically talking of the Taunus which was an Argentinian assembled vehicle from 74 to 84.

Is Canada still technically part of the UK? I know they still have ties to the UK which makes it unsurprising if English automobiles were sold there in greater quantities than the U.S.

#247 7 years ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

1979 Z28. Stock. 56k miles.

I had a '76 LS in high school. It was a dark metallic red with tan interior. 350 Automatic. I loved that car. One of my Dad's buddies said he would paint it and took it apart and it never got put back together. I tend to prefer the chrome steel bumpers on the earlier versions.

Quoted from jsyjay:

First car - Mini 1275 with twin carbs
Current pin hauler - BMW X3
Weekend weapon - Honda S2000
Future classic - Ford Fiesta RS Turbo

I like that Fiesta. Is that a hatchback?

#251 7 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

I like that Fiesta. Is that a hatchback?
Yep, part of the 80/90's hot hatch era. Another picture, not mine but similar.

Very similar to a Festiva. My parents have a red Festiva. The previous owners made it look like some high schooler's car. Tinted windows, a spoiler, chrome 5 spoke wheels. They even replaced the Festiva name tag to say Ruby.

#262 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Dang.... almost forgot about my '80 Fiesta! With the fancy louvered rear window.

I want a car with a louvered rear window. I remember having some Hot Wheels when I was a kid that had that and thought it was the coolest.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-car-club?tu=dmbjunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.