IMG_20240407_141221695 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240407_135817543 (resized).jpg
20240406_115430 (resized).jpg
20240406_115423 (resized).jpg
20240406_115419 (resized).jpg
Toyota 1980s jumping.gif
Toyota jumping.jpg
Landcruiser (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dayhuff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1555 5 years ago

Finally bought me a 1930 Model A Ford Phaeton. My dad bought this exact same car back in December 1969 and had it for 20 years before selling it to a guy who owned it for almost 30 years until he passed away two years ago. I found the car by accident and sure enough it was the exact same car I grew up with. The car was put up for auction about three weeks ago and I drove away with it being the high bidder. Still can't believe it but I'm now the proud owner and reliving my youth of spending miles in that backseat along with my Sister and with Mom and Dad up front. This black and white picture from 1970 shows my Dad, Sister (six years old) and Mom winning the award for "the most appealing car". I was only two years old at the time and had to stay home with grandma I'm guessing.....LOL.

John

IMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0004 (resized).JPGIMG_0085 (resized).JPGIMG_0085 (resized).JPG
#1559 5 years ago

Thanks guys. I'd never driven a model A before so it was a new experience and nothing like the cars of today that's for sure....LOL. Yeah I'm on the lookout now for a bowler hat but there usually too small for my big head. I tell you what, people from the 30's sure must have been much skinner back then because getting in the drivers seat is no easy task but once I'm in it, it will always put a smile on my face every time.

John

#1565 5 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

You need to let the rpm drop before shifting, or you'll hear why. Keep the water pump greased. As I remember, it requires 2 different types of grease. Also, keep a few condensers with you at all times. They heat up and then fail leaving you in the middle of nowhere.
Happy for you that "she" is back in the family.

Thanks, I'm putting together a list of what all needs to be done to the car and some things have gotten done and some will be further down the road for sure but I'm taking care of the more important things first. Thanks for the advice and if your ever in the area I'll take anyone for a ride, weather permitting of course.

John

3 months later
#1679 5 years ago
Quoted from Atari1977:

It's not capable of hauling much of anything, but this is my 1936 Dodge D2 coupe that's been in my family since it was new.[quoted image][quoted image]

AWESOME!! I just love seeing something left original and cars are probably at the top of my list.

John

5 months later
#1850 4 years ago

Ok, I'm hoping someone in this thread can help me out, so here's a shout out to all the old school Model A guys. I've been looking for an explosion whistle adapter, not the whistle itself (although I'd buy it too if I had too) because I already have the whistle, I just need the adapter. Now this is for a 1930 Model A, NOT a Model T which has a different size spark plug thread. The one in this picture is for a Model T, I bought it just so I can show people what it is I'm looking for and there readily available but the ones for a Model A are not. I've looked high and low but there has to be one out there that someone would be willing to part with. The Model A spark plug thread is 7/8" x 18. If anyone thinks they can help me out please let me know as I'm desperate.
Thanks,
John

IMG_0090 (resized).JPGIMG_0090 (resized).JPG
2 months later
#1906 4 years ago

Holy Crap!! Did EVERYONE win a trophy or what? LOL.....

John

1 year later
#2371 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I've wanted a Corvette since I was a kid.
I got my first Corvette wave today. I didn't realize that was a thing. I'm going to have to drive around for days trying to find the guy so I can wave back, I feel like a jerk. Ha!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ha ha......I know what you mean, I did the same thing when I first got mine 18 years ago. Took me a while to figure out whey they were waving in the first place. Bikers do the same thing, or at least sometimes. I noticed Jeep guys doing it too.

John

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dayhuff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-car-club?tu=dayhuff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.