IMG_20240407_135817543 (resized).jpg
20240406_115430 (resized).jpg
20240406_115423 (resized).jpg
20240406_115419 (resized).jpg
Toyota 1980s jumping.gif
Toyota jumping.jpg
Landcruiser (resized).jpg
IMG_4397 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dasvis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 7 years ago

Get the stock wheel back on the Riv, anyone can slap a set of aftermarket rims on. The original wheels are so cool.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

I'm in the club yaaaayaaaayyy!!! Only 30 more payments

Trailer park background is a nice touch.

2 weeks later
#265 7 years ago

The early ones with the 1600 Kent motor were pretty good

1 month later
#348 7 years ago

If they would only make the new Bronco in a total stripped version it would be killer. No carpet, just rubber floor covering, hand crank windows, removable top, fold down windshield, etc. i had a 1970 pickup version that had 4:11 gears, factory no radio, bench seat. What a great rig that was.... would be worth a lot now!

4 months later
#624 7 years ago
Quoted from willbeEM:

enough dreaming, another picture of my '81 chevy C10 pinhauler all ready for another summer of cruising, haulin stuff, car shows and drive in movies. New for this year is brand spankin new 16" Rally rims with shiny trim rings, center caps and B.F. Goodrich Longtrail T.A's

Finally, a real pin hauler. None of this "will it fit" crap. It WILL fit.

However, you do need a canopy for all weather pin hauling...

3 weeks later
#664 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Since I wasn't seeing much Love for the great AMC I thought I would post a picture of my 1970 AMC Gremlin. Levi interior and to the dismay of most of the high $$$ cars at the show it wins most every time. It's parked next to my recently sold 1965 Mustang. Love that AMC, sad to see them all gone. So many memories for So many people I bet....Lol

There was a dealership back in the day that was putting 401's in Gremlins. Talk about an X-package!

2 weeks later
#682 6 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

A stone bridge on the Oatman Hwy in AZ (original Rt. 66) where you REALLY want to obey the speed limit signs:

That's a cool road. Oatman is tourist trap to the max, but still great. the wild donkeys walking around town looking for handouts is hilarious.

4 weeks later
#754 6 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

My new toy. Thanks to Brandon ford and a very cool pinsider.

Now that is what I call a pin hauler. Nice truck. none of this "will it fit" crap.

#771 6 years ago
Quoted from mikehay1:

The brothel was a cool little cabin at the campground in Moab. There was also the Jail, Bank and Mayor cabins in our little corner. Only a double bed and bunk bed with a fridge in them but then again how much room do you really need in a brothel? The red light out front didn't cut it, I was hoping for a disco ball

Moab rocks.

3 months later
#917 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Picked up a 17 taco today.

NICE.
I have been longing after one of those for a while now... My good old '93 22RE 4x4 pickup @ 300,000+ miles is due for retirement.... but the damn thing still runs great.

Looking at a 2017 4x4 Tacoma double cab, long bed, TRD sport, automatic. Probably Charcoal metallic.
Though I do like the cement color too, but that's available only in the high zoot model.

1 month later
#973 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Compare that to this one!

I had a 1992 Previa. One of the most useful car that I ever had. My wife wants another one, but they are NLA in the U.S.

1 month later
#1003 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I just picked up a new pin-hauler, it's a 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD in cement color.

Cool, been eyeing that exact Tacoma to replace my trusty 305,000 mile 1993 Toyota 4x4 pickup.
The damn thing just won't die.
Love the color "cement" - is that a long or short bed?

#1006 6 years ago

That color is my 2nd choice behind cement. Looks sweet, but I'm a bit concerned about paint fade over time with it. I tend to keep my cars forever - bought my '93 new, still driving it.
That & my wife said that I would look like an old guy trying to look young (?)

It is a bad ass color though.........

#1018 6 years ago
Quoted from danisme:

Love my Tacoma. This is my third one. Had a red 2005 4x2 then upgraded to a white 4x4 in 2007 and this one is an "inferno" color 2017. Gotta be able to haul the toys around.

Toyota pickups rock!
Had a nice stock 1983 SR5 4x4 22R 5-spd, then bought a new 1993 Dlx extra cab 4x4 22RE 5-spd.
About to pull the trigger on a new 2018 TRD dbl cab 4x4 automatic in Cement w/ 6' bed....

1 week later
#1089 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Well the family sold the 1969 C10 with 77K miles years ago because it was not an ideal vehicle for the modern family. It made the garage stink like gasoline all the time and was not very practical. Sold it to an owner of large ranch, now it gets used the way it should.

Umm, that's a Ford F-series....

#1104 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's what I thought, thanks. Here's my buddies Mustang at Daytona this past December, I shot video and was crew for him and the ride along was unbelievable.

Love the color - my dad bought a 1970 F150 Ford pickup in that same color. Always liked that...

1 month later
#1201 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

They see me roll’n
They hate’n

Love our '07 Toyota Sienna. Three of us pinheads roll to the PNW show every year in it. Comfortable, decent power, & room to bring home a pin or two if need be.

#1204 6 years ago

2018 tayota (Medium) (resized).jpg2018 tayota (Medium) (resized).jpg

Newest pin hauler -- 2018 Tacoma TRD Sport, 4x4, double cab, 6' bed.
Canopy to be added shortly for all weather pin hauling

#1207 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Here's a cast, versus forged, connecting rod failure and associated engine block and bevel gear case damage when a connecting rod bolt fails and slowly allows the rod to fatigue and snap.
VW/Audi 1.8L Turbo engine.

I used to look forward to seeing that kind of stuff come in back when we had a machine shop. Made it easy to decide what cars to stay away from once you saw a pattern of destruction.

#1218 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Best truck ever made!
I do have a word of advice...my 2018 Tacoma windshield just got hit by a rock on the highway and cracked the windshield. I called my aftermarket windshield guy I have used in the past to inquire about a new windshield. He told me that it is too new for aftermarket and that the lane changing departure radar system on the windshield requires re-calibration. Long story short it is going to cost me nearly $1200 for a new factory windshield with re-calibration. I about shit my pants, I am used to paying $250 for a new windshield. I also found out that the dealer offers a windshield protection plan for $399 for 5 years. After I spend $1200 on a fricking windshield I will fork over $399 for the warranty. If you have not gotten the windshield warranty-call the dealership and have it added on before you are in the same boat as me ):

Good to know. Does not your insurance cover that?

2 months later
#1369 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Fiero GT. So much potential!!

They had bad engine compartment fire issues with those Fieros. Good-looking car though....

1 month later
#1464 5 years ago

I have driven a manual transmission car daily since 1978 - until this year. Currently in a 2018 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 auto & loving it. Manuals can be fun, but I'm done with them in a daily driver.

#1481 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

\. I also have a 2018 Tacoma TRD sport and I would never buy a truck with a manual transmission. Why would you? Both of my trucks are automatics, but to me a sports car should be a manual to maximize the enjoyment while driving.
Still loving my STI, rowing through the 6 gears with turbo boost is what puts a smile on my face (;

On a side note, what color did you opt for on the Tacoma? I went with Magnetic grey metallic, but now wish that I would have chosen Inferno orange..... wife says the more subdued color is more fitting for an older guy such as me (59), & that the wilder orange would make me look like an old guy trying to look cool.

5 months later
#1678 5 years ago
Quoted from Atari1977:

It's not capable of hauling much of anything, but this is my 1936 Dodge D2 coupe that's been in my family since it was new.[quoted image][quoted image]

Love the 30's cars. Such style!

#1681 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Wow, that sooooo cool. That has got to be a Pinside record for ownership. I'm waaaay behind you at only 48 1/2 years.

Had my '64 Thunderbird convertible since 7/5/78...

5 months later
#1858 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Just sold my 1968 Galaxie 428 GT
Hate to see it go but better things coming[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

NICE!
All it needed was a set of factory steel wheels & hubcaps

2 months later
#1925 4 years ago

willys. (resized).jpgwillys. (resized).jpg

Picking up today!
1947 Willys CJ-2A - pretty much all original, including the 60hp four cylinder.

#1927 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Thatll buff right out

Leaving body as is. Making it run & stop. Love the patina.

4 weeks later
#1958 4 years ago
Quoted from peteyhugs:

My 68 Firebird[quoted image]

I swear EVERY '68 Firebird was that green color. Had a buddy who bought a '68 Firebird 400 (in that color), 4-speed, manual drum brake, manual steering. Would go pretty good, but just make sure you have room to stop.
Oh. he paid $870 & it still had the factory hubcaps. This was back in 1979 or thereabouts.

4 months later
#2010 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Can anyone name this vehicle? It was on tv so picture not to clear. Kinda has that DatsunGremlinPacer look but I don’t know.[quoted image]

Looks like a Studebaker Avanti

1 month later
#2044 4 years ago
Quoted from Looney:

My 68 GTO...[quoted image]

Love it. Makes me sick to think of all the cool muscle cars that we trashed back in the day

2 months later
#2110 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Here is another original 1970 sublime green mopar but this is a AAR Cuda 340 6-Pack. This car is almost done as well just needing the motor dropped back in at this point. Check out the before and after!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What the hell is that god awful thing on the back of that Cuda?

#2112 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Well if you look around on the trailer on the ground you see the parts it takes to put the car back together. On the trunk is the GRILL... c'mon brother if you know Cuda's you can see that clearly. LOL
Parts are hard to come by on old mopars. Mopars are the hardest cars to restore because of the parts.
You have to keep everything!!!!

Doh!
I thought it was a "wing" some kid cobbled on there...

6 months later
#2261 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am looking to buy a 1990-2000 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4 with under 100,000 miles. I know it is somewhat of a unicorn, but if anyone happens to see one for sale in good condition-I have been looking for one.

Sold my 1993 4x4 Toyota 22RE, 5-speed a couple of years ago. Bought it new - drove it for 25 years & 305,000 miles as my daily driver. NEVER let me down. Best vehicle I have ever had....

7 months later
#2402 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Motor should be back in the car next month.
LS7s talk about love hate relationship!

Sweet spoiler AND wing on the back..........

1 month later
#2518 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

OK here’s mine, I’ll try not to get too long winded. My 1967 Mustang Fastback, I’ve had this car for 35 years, this was my daily driver the year I graduated from high school.

Nice car -
You should get some period correct Oregon license plates for that thing. It really adds to the vintage look.
The plain dark blue with yellow lettering -- NOT the new repro "Pacific Wonderland" plates, the last year those were correct was 1963

6 months later
#2622 1 year ago
Quoted from emspence:

Those busses are great, what an amazing collection! For speed I am in the same category...I think I got the overdrive working on our 1950 Studebaker today, so I may be able to break past 50mph now, haha.

I considered putting an overdrive on my '47 CJ2a Willys, but then realized with the crappy 9" drum brakes that I have no business going over 45mph anyway.

1 year later
#2992 7 months ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Mine and my wife's at the car show last weekend.

No Willys?

#3009 7 months ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Ah yes. Not enough drivers that day. Here's the 1945 Willys and another one (1946) on the way.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Cool!
I'm just packing up for another long weekend exploring unmaintained forest service roads in my '47 CJ2A. Staying at a lake near Mt Bachelor off of Cascade lakes hwy. (out of Bend, Oregon)
My '53 is stripped down & is just a roller now... pulled it into the garage last night to start the rebuild process. It is getting full mechanical restoration, but leaving the body as is. I like the crusty patina look, not having to sweat scratching it is a plus. Transfer case is on my workbench now & am in the gathering parts stage.

1 month later
#3072 6 months ago
Quoted from G35R6:

You wouldn’t know it from the topside but, the underside, yikes! Love the Chicago winters.
I’m planning on some undercoating for the new one before the first salting of the season.

Dang - My '47 Willys CJ2A looks way better than that. No road salt used here! (at least not very much)

1 month later
#3094 5 months ago
Quoted from CapeCodPin:

My first car and my last. First is a 1963.5 Ford Falcon Sprint Convertible with a 289V8. My latest is a 2023 Ford Maverick Lux Lariat.

Should have kept the Falcon.
I still have my '64 Thunderbird convertible, since July 5, 1978

1 week later
#3128 5 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

The old farm truck doing old farm truck things.....lol
[quoted image]

good looking rig, but get some 7.50-16 tires/wheels on there for it to look right. Plain painted rims, no hubcaps.

3 weeks later
#3142 4 months ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Nice, have they been reliable?

Good one!

#3150 4 months ago

I'm sorry, but Alfas are turds

#3169 3 months ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

So yesterday I had a massive (mini) adventure!
I flew the redeye out to Heathrow, London then took three trains and a taxi to collect my turbocharged classic mini.
Then I had a 4 hour drive to Portsmouth followed by a 12 hour overnight ferry arriving back home at 7am this morning, almost exactly 24 hours after I left.
I probably don't need to tell any of you this but driving a classic mini for four hours on the motorway when you're 6'1" is like a slow form of torture.
So happy to finally have it home and it pulls like a train on boost!
155hp 145lbft 1350lbs

Fun little ride.
If only they could make them like that again, warts & all!

1 month later
#3173 84 days ago

Cool Honda! IMHO it would look better & cleaner without the hardware on the back. -- but to each their own.

1 month later
#3259 39 days ago

Toyota pickups are the best.
Have had three so far - 1983 SR5 4x4 22R 5-speed - kept it for 13 years - 225,000 miles -Loved it, but needed more room.
1993 Deluxe extra cab 4x4 22RE 5-speed, bought new - daily driver for 25 years - 305,000 miles regretted selling.
2018 TRD Sport double cab long bed, V6 automatic, 44,000 miles just vacation & weekends.

Four if you count my company vehicle - 2019 Tacoma "work truck" package, 4x4, 4.6 V8 automatic. Love it with the factory rubber floor liner, wish my 2018 TRD was available with this. Carpeting is BS in a truck.

2 weeks later
#3311 22 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Her LR, eh, not so much but fingers crossed.[quoted image]

Get rid of that money pit now before it costs you....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dasvis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-car-club?tu=dasvis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.