3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,958 posts
  • 308 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by dasvis
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,628 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5343 (resized).jpg
IMG_2390 (resized).PNG
20190711_131613 (resized).jpg
20181203_131553 (resized).jpg
20190105_134631 (resized).jpg
20190408_145914 (resized).jpg
20190816_164047 (resized).jpg
20190816_164011 (resized).jpg
IMG_0133 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_8040 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)
70716612_377793983151041_1868156618793811968_n (resized).jpg
IMG_20190915_141617237 (resized).jpg
Scan car.pdf (PDF preview)
20190914_150921 (resized).jpg
20190914_150643 (resized).jpg
5304A027-CFC1-410E-B3D0-5DA46014883E (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darcy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#151 3 years ago

Today, Ford has announced it will stop building vehicles in Australia in 2017, that is 91 years of producing cars there. This follows GM and Toyota, as Holden and Toyota were citing expensive production costs. Sad day indeed!

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Those ugly steel rims are not the rims I am using

Those wheels would look way better if they were painted argent, instead of white.

#178 3 years ago

Have owned this LX since 1991.
312026_2392133602776_1233978548_2945150_1533131_n (resized).jpg

#180 3 years ago

Owned this Mustang from 1984 to 2005.
1971 Mustang (resized).jpg
It was used for an episode of 21 Jump Street, Johnny Depp actually sat on the hood.

#198 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

And maybe the group can identify this car for me?

Ford Cortina, 1970 or 1971. Door handles, and the FORD lettering, with the Cortina logo, the logo is hidden by the kid on the right.
downloadFordCortina (resized).jpg

#205 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I love regional cars that didn't come to America.

Not sure on the rest of Canada. There were many 60's and 70's English automobiles in British Columbia, Victoria and Vancouver had MG, Austin, Rover, Vauxhall, Mini, Austin-Healey, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Jaguar, TVR, Triumph, Ford, and Lotus dealers of some kind or other. That all came to an end in the mid 70's as emissions, crash test standards, and Dollar to Pound, changed everything.

#208 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Is Canada still technically part of the UK?

#209 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I was specifically talking of the Taunus which was an Argentinian assembled vehicle from 74 to 84.

Since the late 70's the North American manufactures did not import their own products to Canada and the USA. The Big 3 concentrated on blocking the borders of imported vehicles. Now stating that, there were some vehicles sold here.

By the 1980s things again changed, world built cars were being built to comply with crash and emission standards, of America and Canada.

1 month later
#281 2 years ago
Quoted from Oilrat:

Here is my 1968 charger

A high school friend of mine would give his right arm for that Charger. He had a 69 RT SE. Sadly a large tree fell on it and flattened it right through the middle.

#285 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I'm sure there's more.....

Montana!
Have exceeded the speed limit there a few times. On the Interstates only. I-90, and the highway between Sweetgrass and Great Falls I -15, one time between Great Falls and Helena a H.P. going in the opposite direction gave me a wave and a leer that warned me to slow down. Even after that, I still had at a constant speed of 90 MPH.

#286 2 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

My 2011 911 Turbo S, best car ever.

Why is the box stamped Norway, when your location states Denmark?? Hhmmm!

#288 2 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

The Scandinavien Stern dealer is located in Norway.

Hope you didn't damage the paint or suede headliner.

2 months later
#471 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Swapped out the stock plastic steering wheel for a nice classic Nardi.

Do not toss that wheel, save it, with the car. The next owner will possibly appreciate having the original steering wheel. You might also notice that since the new wheel is smaller, the car, may be different in steering effort.

1 month later
#507 2 years ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

(currently in heated storage until I get some decent weather)

It is All Wheel Drive, right! And BTW that photo wasn't taken yesterday, I would be very surprised if Michigan looks like that in the Winter.

#522 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I helped print those bird decals, all the different colored ones too back in the day.

In the early 80's our Body Shop had 2 different decals for the hood. The head of the Firebird on the aftermarket decal faced in the other direction. The aftermarket decals were not of the same image quality as the GM (3M I think) decals. The difference of around $100 as well.

#526 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Really, an after market decal. Yes 3M film and 3M ink. I had an orange one mounted on a piece of plex years ago, looked really cool but sold it years ago for $400 if I remember right.

The Firebirds and Trans Ams that we usually repaired had front end damage. The hood would become bent, most likely something to do with the hole, and the shape of the front bumper area. Our painter had that decal application down to a science.

#529 2 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Is that a GTR next to it??

Looks like a Corvette. Inset door handles.

1 week later
#556 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Years ago, when I was visiting my sister in Florida, my brother in law offered to let me drive his spare car while they were at work. Took the keys from him went to the garage and got in the car. Got back out, went inside and gave him the keys back.
He said, "oh, sorry, I thought you could drive stick." The problem was I couldn't fit in the damn car. That car was an MR2. One of the drawbacks of being 6'6" is not being able to drive many sports cars. In fact, I had to fashion a new bracket to move the seat back on my 66 mustang convertible so I could safely drive it.

None of these cars will fit you either. Most Lotus, MGB Midget, and Audi TT. Many of these European so called 4 door Coupes with the lower roof line.

#569 2 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

upside down with the windshield and roll bar smashed all the way to the doors

That roll bar was labeled as a Seat Belt Support. Can remember seeing a decal some where inside. Either on the visor, or side of the bar near the shoulder harness. Chrysler never stated it was designed as a roll bar. (Got to love the liability managers)

#585 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Gotta' love those Swedes. Now to get it installed.

There you go, now you've done it. Voiding your emissions warranty.

1 week later
#591 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Horrible job on the hood, uneven application.

That could be a vinyl wrap. The hoods surface should be matte or semi gloss, it looks like it has been rubbed with a strong chemical, also rubbing a matte finish will make it look different. Removing bird droppings, tree sap, (Unless it is done right away), has to be done carefully. Last year we received a 2 page memo from Mercedes Benz on matte finish maintenance.

1 month later
#672 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

If you put that monster in I hope you stiffen the frame like all get out.

100%, plus the need to upgrade the brakes, and suspension. Yikes! looks front end heavy.

1 month later
#715 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Saw this one yesterday while heading to VFW.

It has a Manufacturer Plate, some employee on a road trip? Possibly?

4 months later
#944 1 year ago

If this is the last day of producing Holden's in Australia, what is going to happen now? Rebadged GMs being imported as Holden's? Worse yet, rebadged Isuzu's and Suzuki's?
Will Holden Dealerships, be taking down signage, to be replaced by Chevrolet, Buick, and Cadillac signage?

#946 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Opels from Europe and something GM from Korea.

From Korea, think that is a Daewoo. When I posted the above comment, I had only seen a tiny story, there is a larger news article on the Internet. That Holdens are going to be built in lower cost to build areas of the world. So, as you state Holden will continue, good. GM then is following Ford on no longer assembling autos in Australia.

Rebadging autos is nothing new, just sort of seems a shame that the economy has created this, and consumers not buying their domestic cars, or as with most consumers just wanting the cheapest thing on the store shelf. Not willing to buy or look for a domestic product.

Some Buicks are now built in China and imported to the USA, and Canada. GM can source vehicles from Europe, Great Britain, China, South America, Mexico, and Canada. North America had the Opel Omega here for 3 years, it was a Cadillac Catera. The Pontiac G8 was a Holden, this globalization will continue.

#948 1 year ago

Guessing that this puts an end to those Utes, made by GM and Ford? So no more of these wonderful cars.

thVFT5REDD.jpgHoldenSS (resized).jpg
2005-ford-falcon-xr8-boss-260-ute-chermside-brisbane-north-east-image-7_7db6d (resized).jpg

#952 1 year ago

This Cobra Ute looks so good! But I've been told by a friend near the Gold Coast that this Ute is expensive. Also not very practical.
thCobra. (resized).jpg

He has a Hilux, which I know will last him a long time.

1 month later
#968 1 year ago
Quoted from SeymorGoldfarbJr:

I just finished importing my car from Japan. 1992 Suzuki Cappuccino.

You might have to invest in a lit "Buggy Whip". Just to drive around town with that micro car.

thB02A73PC.jpgBUggyWhip (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#997 1 year ago

Dibs on the 1969 BOSS 429. Oh, and also, are your parents also interested in adopting?

3 weeks later
#1033 1 year ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

This is my 1968 Chevrolet Beaumont custom

Looks great! Did it have a Vinyl Roof at one time? Beaumonts and Acadians in Canada, Chevelle and Nova in the USA. (Depending Year, and Body)

4 weeks later
#1157 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Replacing trunk weather stripping.
Would greatly appreciate tips on removal.

Older cars use at least 4 ways to attach the trunk seal.

Adhesive, applied all the way around sealing the rubber to the paint.
The seal can be held in place by a metal channel stamped into the sheet metal, the seal has to squeezed into place.
Or the seal has a metal bead cast into it, it is pushed onto a ridge in the sheet metal. Like around the door jam.
Little plastic pins that push into holes in the sheet metal, the rubber seal will have holes in the bottom for the little plastic pins to be inserted into.

Do you have a new seal? As over the years the one on your car could be an aftermarket 3M product.
From what photos I've seen, it looks like part of the original seal slips over a ridge in the sheet metal, and the majority of it is held in place with adhesive. 3M has a black or yellow trim adhesive. You may need a way to hold the rubber in place until the glue dries. Before installation if the rubber is warmed up, it will be more flexible.

#1161 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

remove as much as possible and then just soak the remaining with adhesive remover?

With out any solvents present have you tried a heat gun?

Other wise pull off as much of the old seal as you can. Then as you state, soak the glued part with an "Adhesive Label Remover solvent". With a small tipped plastic scraper, try to get under the rubber bits and scrape the glue off. This will take a better part of an hour or more. Just be careful that the solvent you are using will not damage your paint, garage floor, trunk interior parts etc. and the be careful of the evaporating fumes of the solvent.

1 month later
#1222 1 year ago
Quoted from steve-o:

Here's my top 3 current fun rides and two of them can haul pins.
1962 Rampside - 145/PG
1967 Camaro - 327/TH350
1962 E100 pickup - 289/C4
Steveo

Now you need to find a Dodge A100 pick up, and you will have set.

#1247 1 year ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

the rest of the time it's -30 and snowing.

If it is not raining or snowing too hard, then it is top down cruising time. Yes we do get strange looks from our cousins from the south when it is 10 Celsius and we are on our motorbikes, open Jeeps, and convertibles with the roof down.

2 months later
#1424 1 year ago

Added this new item to my Mustang. Apologies to fellow car enthusiasts that have autos with wooden wheels or wire wheels.
20180605_164047_LI (resized).jpg

Restricted usage but, I just drive it car shows or meeting anyways, this plate should be fine.

2 weeks later
#1451 1 year ago
Quoted from Bud:

C-code 289 car.

Bet it doesn't have a 2 barrel any more.

1 month later
#1541 1 year ago
Quoted from psd4me:

I can get started on the doors this weekend now.

You have gone this far, are you going to paint the interior sheet metal?

2 months later
#1660 11 months ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Several years ago Shelby American charged me $300 for a stainless steel dash plaque engraved with the serial number of my own GT500 and signed by Carroll Shelby. I wonder if they had him sign a stack of blank plates before his death in 2012 so they could continue to engrave and sell such plates?

From a statement from a Shelby Automotive employee. Carrolls' signature is reproduced since his passing. Almost anything can be signed. With the proceeds going to the charity that he supported.

(Autopen has a machine for ink signatures on paper.)

1 month later
#1673 9 months ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Any of you car guys ever seen this type of mag wheel center cap domed insert plastic covers?

The lower logo you posted, is like a 1979 Hood Ornament, could of been used until 1982. Is it a Ford part? Does it have a part number on the back?

2 months later
#1718 7 months ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

My Mustang is about 80% done.

With those 5 extra gauges wedged in there, where is the AM-8track going to go??

1 week later
#1752 7 months ago
Quoted from PW79:

Anyone got a Gallardo?

I do not own one. Like any other used car have it checked out for previous accidents and liens.

Get the VIN, if you are nice to the new car dealer they can check its repair and maintenance history. If it needs a major service, be prepared for a large bill, for a major service you might be able to buy a used 2007 Honda Accord with the same money, do your research. Like a Ferrari the value in the vehicle is its condition and service records. If you work on your own car, when working under it, or in the engine bay, keep some band aids handy, or get some thick mechanics gloves. The car has various sharp edges underneath.

1 month later
#1788 6 months ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Couple pics I shared to FB friends

That is a mall I would certainly walk through.

1 month later
#1798 4 months ago

Hope you catch the bastard that spray painted your licence plate.

2 months later
#1893 64 days ago
Quoted from Pin-up:

Did anyone here get a chance to go to that massive 200+ car auction in MN this weekend? WOW!
https://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auction/day-2-approx-100-collector-cars-trucks-the-james-graham-collection/
I've got a 4 door Chevy Delray sitting in my work shop. I picked it up a couple years ago and it wasn't running at the time. Haven't touched it since. This will be my first car to play with.
What do I need to know to get this thing running? New tires for sure, as they are all flat and it's sitting up on blocks. Clean out the carb, remove any old gas if there is anything in there still, new oil, change all filters, new battery, make sure the engine turns over by hand correct? And fire it up? It's got a "blue flame" straight six in it.... I think that's correct..... I'll have to look again. Oh, new spark plugs too probably.....

You may need to clean out the fuel lines. New plugs, points, and condenser, would also help with start up. Good advice would to have a medium sized fire extinguisher next to the car. If the carb leaks due to aged gaskets/seals, keep an eye on that. Or if there is an electrical fire under the dash.

Getting the engine to start is one thing. Brakes, wheel bearings, U-joints, ball joints, might need service, at the minimum, inspected.

#1894 64 days ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

FINALLY got my Mustang back from the shop

Looks awesome . Can up vote only once

1 month later
#1941 28 days ago

20190914_150921 (resized).jpg
Picked this up yesterday. 1990 LX Sport. it appears that it was originally sold in Japan.
20190914_150643 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Boards
PCB Emporium
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 98.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus
$ 9,500.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 149.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 269.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darcy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside