IMG_20240407_135817543 (resized).jpg
20240406_115430 (resized).jpg
20240406_115423 (resized).jpg
20240406_115419 (resized).jpg
Toyota 1980s jumping.gif
Toyota jumping.jpg
Landcruiser (resized).jpg
IMG_4397 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crlush.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Lot of cool cars here but no one is saying how long they have had them or how much they paid. Had my big Buick Riviera 27 years and paid $400. Here is a before shot. My son is 27 now.

Cool pic, you should take another pic of him standing on it now.

#67 7 years ago

Here's my cruiser, 66 Dodge Coronet

20160611_162143 (resized).jpg20160611_162143 (resized).jpg

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I like my cars to be able to get me there.

That's bad ass! Would love a ride in that.

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

My '72 Swede. With the original Blaupunkt tunes.

I like the lines of that car, what does it have for an engine?

1 month later
#356 7 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

been sitting like this past 3 years i hope i can start to free up some time and finish it this winter.

Nice bird! Man if I had it painted I would be working on it, I always have a hard time getting motivated to work on a car till after its painted, especially after the metalwork is done.

4 weeks later
#394 7 years ago

It was one of the fastest production cars of its time 80s and into tbe 90s.

#397 7 years ago

I never cared much for 4bangers or v6 cars growing up but my buddy got his ass spanked by a grand national and he had a demon with a 440 big block v8. I still want a 77-78 smokey and the bandit trans am but stock i dont think they had 200hp.

#398 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

And that's sad.....especially given where we are today.

Its funny in i think 1978 the fastest US production car was a lil red express dodge truck only because they were exempt to alot of emission laws and Dodge capitalized on it, they didn't sell a whole lot of them but thats pretty funny a pickup truck was the fastest production vehicle.

2 weeks later
#436 7 years ago
Quoted from Defender:

Mine is a 2006 Saturn Sky, but modified by Mallet Cars with an LS2 V8. Beats the poor little 4 cylinder that it came with!

I always thought that was a good looking car that deserved a V8. very nice job!

1 month later
#561 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

And one I'm building for my wife...an original 1990 Dakota Convertible. Transplanting a 360 Magnum into it.

Was it originally a v6? Dont see many of those trucks anymore.

#563 7 years ago

I always thought they were pretty cool trucks. Didn't know they built that few, there was a guy we used to see at the mopar nationals in ohio every year, him and his wife had 2 Shelbys, I dont know what years they were. Remember seeing one on the freeway in the early 90s upside down with the windshield and roll bar smashed all the way to the doors, so unless the person driving ducked i doubt there no longer with us.

#574 7 years ago

Whats the differences in 86 and 87 grand nationals?

1 month later
#614 7 years ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

Just got her all shined up and ready to roll

Does it have t-tops? Nice Camaro

#616 7 years ago

Had a friend that had same year but black with the double orange stripes. Always liked it.

3 weeks later
#645 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It's my Mustangs 47th Birthday today, I picked it up about 5pm that day. It's older then some of you guys.

Its got me by a year and 6 days.

#662 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Since I wasn't seeing much Love for the great AMC I thought I would post a picture of my 1970 AMC Gremlin. Levi interior and to the dismay of most of the high $$$ cars at the show it wins most every time. It's parked next to my recently sold 1965 Mustang. Love that AMC, sad to see them all gone. So many memories for So many people I bet....Lol

Straight six or v8? Cool car, my dad had a green one when i was a kid had a bad starter that every now and then it wouldnt work and he would have to get out and hit ot with a hammer and it would fire right up.

1 month later
#698 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I take it your not gonna be working on the car in the garage.

Probably wear slippers in there now. Looks really nice.

#710 6 years ago

Finally some nice weather in Michigan

20170607_190023 (resized).jpg20170607_190023 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#766 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Must have just gotten a lemon. My wife and I have owned four consecutive vehicles with Hemi's and have never had a single problem. My current is a 6.4L SRT.

My buddy has a 2005 magnum and it has the Diamler trans in it and has had some problems, my other friend had one and he took it back so many time even though he had a warranty he ended up trading it in one day, said he was tired of dropping it off to the dealer.

#785 6 years ago

I bought mine at gregsmith about 13yrs ago and it still works great, no more bending over to do brake jobs or polishing wheels.

2 months later
#869 6 years ago
Quoted from Laseriffic:

My 1966 Chevy Nova SS

I like the green

1 month later
#955 6 years ago

Sold one of my rides yesterday, bought it in 96 and slowly fixed it up, had alot of fun thru the years with the car but after having kids it sat around alot, ended up restoring a convertible to ride around in the summer as a family car. I brought it to a car show and put a for sale sign in it had a guy from out of state call me a week later and ended up buying it, now i have an extra spot in the garage and some pin funds, maybe.

20171025_165525 (resized).jpg20171025_165525 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#971 6 years ago

I dont know but it has the biggest frickin windshield wiper I have ever seen.

1471_p2_l (resized).jpg1471_p2_l (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1043 6 years ago

My wife has a challenger SRT, has 485 hp its alot of fun to drive but if it were mine I would have bought the hellcat, so I vote Z06.

#1058 6 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

My old ride I turned into pinball machines

How many did you get?

1 week later
#1120 6 years ago

Well it was like summer here today (45 deg) compared to 0, so decided to start the car up and let it run for a bit.

20180120_162956 (resized).jpg20180120_162956 (resized).jpg

#1125 6 years ago
Quoted from FuryosJustin:

nice,is that a coronet!!

Yes, 66 convertible.

#1129 6 years ago

Here is a short clip of my old Valiant right before I sold it. saved a clip on my phone and uploaded it to youtube.

2 weeks later
#1154 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The Mustang is painted, cleared and buffed, looks like a black mirror. Now for the Satin black pieces front and back.

Looks bad ass! Is it just a track car or street also.

#1158 6 years ago

Poat a pic of what you have.

Quoted from Fulltilt:Replacing trunk weather stripping.
Would greatly appreciate tips on removal.

#1165 6 years ago

I would heat it with a heat gun then gently scrape it off with a plastic scraper like in pic. I have removed the glue with enamel reducer (I use ppg dt870)

1518303441605592648193 (resized).jpg1518303441605592648193 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1256 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

On mine all it took was a tune and some open track days at the road course.....
Oh well, fully forged 426 will be here this week.

Did the valve hit the piston?

#1259 6 years ago

Its just funny that it broke off right at the valve relief, figured you over revved it and the valve hit it from valve float, my wife has an 2015 srt, only problem we have had was one smoked clutch, found out there is an orfice in the slave cylinder to slow the clutch movement (I guess to help inexperienced drivers take off but also makes it harder to shift fast) will be removing it in the spring.

1 month later
#1300 5 years ago

So did you chop some wood after the car show?

#1303 5 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

Just strapped it to the dyno

Well whats tbe numbers?

2 weeks later
#1350 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

39k mile 1987 GN. Gone, but never forgotten. I will have another one day.

Would love a nice 87 one day.

#1405 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Anyone had a ceramic coating applied to their vehicle? Pro, con, brand and cost?

What are you looking for? Ceramic coating for headers or exhaust?

#1407 5 years ago

Ok, sorry I know nothing about that

4 weeks later
#1471 5 years ago

I liked my wifes 6 speed challenger SRT until my buddy let me drive his scatpack challenger with paddle shifter and in sport mode it shifted as hard as my race car, also when your driving a car with 500 hp its alot harder to keep the wheels from spinning in a manual. I remember in the 90s my wife had a 90 mustang lx 5.0 with an automatic, she wanted a 5 speed but her mom said no one would buy it with a manual, when she sold it she could not get anyone to buy it cause it had an automatic. Fast forward to a couple years ago we sold her 2010 challenger rt 6speed, we couldnt give it away cause it wasnt an auto, she had to special order it because no dealers had a 6speed. Times have changed

#1484 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You like the attention the colors bring. Years ago I went from Grabber Orange on the Mustang to black.

I had a bright red Camaro back in the day, cant tell you how many times I got pulled over for driving the speed limit, my old brown Valiant I could speed past a cop And he wouldnt even look at me.

2 months later
#1558 5 years ago

Cool car and story John, all you need now is a hat like your dads wearing.

1 week later
#1568 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Found a nice pic of my old Raider. I loved that truck.
[quoted image]

Did you ever max out the tip guage?

#1570 5 years ago

My buddy had a junk one sitting in his back field, last time I was there I asked if he still had it cause I wanted the tip guage out of it to put in my arctic cat side x side as a joke but he got rid of it.

4 weeks later
#1616 5 years ago

I have a direct lift from greg smith also, couldnt be happier.

2 months later
1 month later
#1697 5 years ago

Truck looks sweet!

#1700 5 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

I'm going to get a spray in bed liner and wasn't going to waste the time or paint spraying it orange.

I dont blame you, as much as paint cost now it would be a waste anyway.

3 weeks later
#1726 5 years ago
Quoted from OHMI_Arcade:

Agree, kind of pricey for 5000 lb capacity. But I don’t really have the ceiling height for a lift and won’t have to sink this into the concrete (assuming my garage slab is even thick enough). Don’t seem to be many other (good) options.

How tall is your ceiling?

3 months later
#1815 4 years ago
Quoted from Hdmike444:

Brought this home the other day, my summer ride!

Love that car!

4 months later
#1960 4 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

My engine is nearly ready [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well whats that going in?

#1967 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

[quoted image]

thats going to haul ass!

#1973 4 years ago
Quoted from EasternBloc:

Indeed, 1968 Scout 800. First layer of “patina” removed. Can’t believe those old military tires still hold air! Body is remarkably sound, though all seats, wires and rubber are shot.[quoted image]

What are your plans?

#1982 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Extremely happy with how the new setup performed this past weekend. Hopefully be in the 7's in the spring.[quoted image][quoted image]

Lets see the rest of the car, man that runs good, is it awd?

3 months later
#2007 4 years ago

Avanti

20AVANTI-image5-articleLarge (resized).jpg20AVANTI-image5-articleLarge (resized).jpg
1 year later
#2318 3 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

My painter just sent me these pictures. I can't wait to go and have a look myself tomorrow!

Very nice color! did he even need one quart?

4 months later
#2426 2 years ago

Saw this on fakebook.

FB_IMG_1631231323015 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1631231323015 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2455 2 years ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

Rusting away in my backyard.
[quoted image]

How much do you want for it? Always wanted a 68-69 charger.

2 weeks later
#2521 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I hope that next year will a better year for me and I will get to go cruise it again like old times.

Beautiful car! And I hope you get her out on the road next year.

2 months later
#2540 2 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Random question, anyone here have a connection to Mopar parts at a discount?

If you know anyone that is an employee there they get 20% or 25% off on parts with a pin number.

6 months later
#2640 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Very Nice, I was walking by a Bank when I was about 20.A blue 69 Charger 440 RT was in the parking lot with 4 flat tires.I went in and asked about it.The Banker said a Guy had 1 payment left and had issues with the bank so he left it in the parking lot with flat tires and told the Bank to Screw off.The Banker told me make the last payment and tow it out of there and its mine.I gave him the 300 bucks put air in the tires and drove away.

when was that? nice score, do you still have it?

2 months later
#2698 1 year ago

Been driving this around lately, working all the bugs out, bought it from a guy 2 yrs ago, was last running in 2005.

IMG_3755 (resized).jpgIMG_3755 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crlush.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-car-club?tu=crlush and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.