IMG_20240407_141221695 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240407_135817543 (resized).jpg
20240406_115430 (resized).jpg
20240406_115423 (resized).jpg
20240406_115419 (resized).jpg
Toyota 1980s jumping.gif
Toyota jumping.jpg
Landcruiser (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spyderturbo007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#633 6 years ago

Nothing special like some of you guys, but this is my BMW 335i X-Drive Coupe. Twin turbo AWD V6 with a Cobb Stage 1 tune. Their dyno charts put it at ~380WHP.

IMG_8100 (resized).JPGIMG_8100 (resized).JPGIMG_8099 (resized).JPGIMG_8099 (resized).JPG

#636 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Is your tune OTS or pro? If OTS I wouldn't trust it. After my OTS map install the tune was all over the place until I got a pro tune. It's been great for the past 7 years since.

Can you help me out with the OTS acronym? I'm not familiar with that term. It's the one that comes with the AccessPort.

Edit -> Ah. OTS, Off The Shelf. Got it.

Yes, it is the OTS Cobb tune. I spoke with them prior to purchasing and they assured me that their included modifications had a good bit of conservatism built in when it came to AFRs and timing advance. I wanted something that was plug and play.

This is my DD, so I really don't need to be on the razor's edge of performance. That was my 1997 Eclipse GS-T (RIP) that was modded to the moon and back again.

#638 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Off the shelf

I just edited my post at the same time you posted.

#654 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Oh DSM's!! I deal with those everyday. I work with ECM Tuning Inc, makers of DSM Link. You're probably already familiar with our management software and products. We've been around about 10 years now.

I do. I ran it in mine after switching from a SAFC. I had many days making 3rd gear pulls on back roads.

She was modded pretty good, but the FWD always made it impossible to put any power to the ground.

Custom paint job
DSMLink
650cc Injectors
EVO III 16g
255HP Fuel Pump
Methanol Injection
Injen Intake
Ported Exhaust Manifold and O2 sensor housing
1g BOV
Greddy EVO II Cat Back
High Flow Cat
Extreme DP
RRE UICP
Hyperdrive C1 Street Disk and PP
Hyperdrive Lightweight Flywheel
Brembo slotted / dimpled rotors
Akebono Ceramic Pads

When I smashed her into a concrete barrier (going 35 mind you), she was in flawless condition. I was running 24psi of boost on the stock SMIC and getting 35lbs/min of airflow.

I miss that car.

1 month later
#692 6 years ago

I'm curious to see how it turns out. My dad did something similar to his and it didn't last more than a few weeks before it started coming off under the tires.

What product did you choose?

11 months later
#1375 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

39k mile 1987 GN. Gone, but never forgotten. I will have another one day.

Today might be your day. Only 49 miles.

ebay.com link: itm

3 weeks later
#1436 5 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Few pics from Carlisle Ford Nats Friday.

I like the blue one with the red stripes the best.

1 year later
#1947 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

It had 3400 miles on it stock and now just over 6k.

What I want to know is how many sets of tires have you smoked in those 2,600 miles?

1 month later
#1978 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

This was back in 2007 when the Shelby Hertz GT-H were renting out by Hertz. We rented it when down in Anna Maria, Fl. (Coupes were 06-07 and the Convertibles were 07-08.) For a stock GT with mostly just exhaust, it got a lot of attention. I flew my helmet down (Rented out of Tampa) and ran it down at Bradenton.

Wait, am I reading this correctly? You rented a car from Hertz and then took it to the drag strip?

If so, that's 'effin bad ass!

3 months later
#1993 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr-Hodes:

Well I did a thing

Like rob a bank?

Just kidding. Gorgeous car!

1 year later
#2345 2 years ago

I flew down to Atlanta two weekends ago and drove back this F-Type S British Design Edition. 1 of only 300 made. I've never heard a better sounding car. She goes in for a full detail on the 7th.

F-Type (resized).jpgF-Type (resized).jpg

F-Type 2 (resized).jpgF-Type 2 (resized).jpg

#2362 2 years ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

Love those new F-Types.
Pretty sure Jaguar spent more development money on that exhaust note than some makers spent on their entire cars.
Richard

I have to agree with you on that one. The soundtrack of the car makes me completely forget that the stereo is absolutely terrible. To be honest, I really don't turn on the radio much unless I'm in traffic. Definitely not when I've taken her out on some windy back roads.

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I find these to be one of the most beautiful modern convertibles made. Nice pickup!
Chris

Thanks Chris. I really fell in love with the look, the sound and the fact that most people don't even know what it is.

#2365 2 years ago

We'll have to get together and have a convertible drive.......if my wife's VW is worthy
[quoted image]

Absolutely! You’ll get no discrimination from me.

1 month later
#2377 2 years ago

I got my girl tinted on Wednesday and I must say, she looks good!

D8F53A13-4B8A-4EB2-B23F-B922A0370643 (resized).jpegD8F53A13-4B8A-4EB2-B23F-B922A0370643 (resized).jpeg
#2385 2 years ago

NICE! Does that have the V8 in it? Those things sound incredible.
Chris

No, it's just the 380HP V6. I didn't want to shell out the extra $10k for the V8 and figured that 540HP would probably get me in more trouble that I'm going to get into with this thing.

It still sounds amazing. I don't know how much time they spent perfecting the exhaust sound, but they did an incredible job.

#2388 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr-Hodes:

I love mine!!!! Same as yours except a coupe instead of the vert. Mine is that 380HP F-Type S also

Beautiful!

I was lucky to get one of the British Design Editions. They only made 300 of them from my research.

2 months later
#2507 2 years ago

These cars are just insane. Enjoy!

Chris

No offense to cloggedDrain but even though the Plaid is quicker, I'd take the 720S all day long.

2 months later
#2545 2 years ago
Quoted from SYS6:

Just came across this thread, so here's my offering. Owned for 30+ years and last year I finished a complete restoration. Great fun to drive and gets lots of comments, waves and thumbs up.[quoted image][quoted image]

I haven’t a clue what it is, but I love it!

1 year later
#2918 11 months ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Right now I have a 2021 Civic Type R and a 2022 Miata. I put a lift in a couple of months ago so I could get both cars in my side of the garage too.

How much space do you need for one of those? Does the manufacture list the requirements on their website?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spyderturbo007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-car-club?tu=Spyderturbo007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.