IMG_20240407_141221695 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240407_135817543 (resized).jpg
20240406_115430 (resized).jpg
20240406_115423 (resized).jpg
20240406_115419 (resized).jpg
Toyota 1980s jumping.gif
Toyota jumping.jpg
Landcruiser (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverUnicorn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#172 7 years ago

My daily driver and pin hauler is my 2015 Dodge Durango R/T
PinsideD1 (resized).jpgPinsideD1 (resized).jpg

PinsideD2 (resized).jpgPinsideD2 (resized).jpg

PinsideD3 (resized).jpgPinsideD3 (resized).jpg

My wife's daily driver and the fun in the sun car - 2012 VW Eos

EOS3 (resized).jpgEOS3 (resized).jpg

EOS2 (resized).jpgEOS2 (resized).jpg

EOS1 (resized).jpgEOS1 (resized).jpg

Both are fun but in different ways.

#219 7 years ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

My fun rides are a '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT & '16 Corvette Z51. (The Jeep can double as a pinhauler, but I typically use my '11 Honda Element as it's far easier to load/unload - not pictured) On a separate note - I've seen so many cool rides in this thread, including classics, muscle, sports, foreign, luxury, SUV's, trucks, etc. - what a diverse group we are!

Love love LOVE the JGC SRT8 - Such a nice looking vehicle. I REALLY wanted one but I didn't think a pin would fit too easily, and the price was just too much for me, even used. My Durango R/T is not as fast, but given the trouble and mileage I get with the 5.7, a 6.4 probably would have been a BAD idea. LOL Both your vehicles are fantastic!

So instead of getting an SRT8, I settled and got an SRT8 steering wheel for the Durango

wheel1 (resized).jpgwheel1 (resized).jpg

Wheel2 (resized).jpgWheel2 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#268 7 years ago

I will thumbs up this for the Ferris Bueller reference alone. The car is sweet too

Chris

2 months later
#417 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Back home today after spending a couple months with my friendly mechanic.
Oil leaks fixed, water leaks fixed, transmission working like it should.
For the first time I cruised the interstate at 80 with a working overdrive! Sweet!

This is awesome. My grandfather had one of these that he bought new. it was so cool. His was all red and one day in 1984 he traded it in for a Mazda RX-7 - I thought my grandmother was going to kill him. LOL

Cool ride and thanks for the pics, they really took me back!

Chris

#462 7 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

What people don't understand is that an opened-up exhaust can actually hurt performance. With a stock profile cam, there needs to be a certain amount of back-pressure in the exhaust. This keeps the combustible mix in the cylinder longer, instead of scavenging it out into the exhaust which happens with less back-pressure, at the top of the RPM scale.
Burning it in the exhaust increases EGT temperatures and reduces engine power.
SO
A bigger exhaust system isn't always better.

oh yeah?

stacks (resized).jpgstacks (resized).jpg

2 months later
#623 7 years ago

Stylin' in my loaner while the R/T is in for service

stulin! (resized).jpgstulin! (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#653 6 years ago

I would say that also in the article it says....

"There are plenty of variables to consider, like the talent level of the driver, track and air temp on the day, and so on. Also note that many past test times were achieved from a standing start, instead of the current-day practice of rolling starts.

In the case of Honda's test (as previously discussed) the car was stripped of its rear seats and given a floating cage. "

I get what you're saying though . Technology keeps implroving, and this will keep happening.

Chris

4 months later
#877 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Got my new pinhauler. 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi. So far, so good!!

Love the Hemi! Hope it treats you well. Nice looking truck.

Chris

2 months later
#986 6 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Has anyone used Racedeck in their garage(s)? My 12 year old epoxy (U Coat It) looked great for first few years of heavy repair use on both lifts and has looked horrible for the past few and has gotten worse.
Have looked at their stuff for years on Garage Journal but now that I don’t do heavy repair stuff anymore, I like this option. Would be going with a mix of diamond and free flow as we park our daily cars/truck in there. We have a small detached 24x32 garage.
Pics of current and installed in 2005.

We have a different product by the dame manufacturer in our basement after a flood destroyed the Pergo we had down there. I sent you a PM.

Chris

2 weeks later
#1010 6 years ago

Looks great Dmacy!!

The product works great in basements too

Tiles2 (resized).jpgTiles2 (resized).jpg

tiles1 (resized).jpgtiles1 (resized).jpg

Tiles3 (resized).jpgTiles3 (resized).jpg

#1021 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

Just curious, how did you install the RaceDeck tiles under the pool table? Did you have to dismantle the table?

I lifted the table with my pinball lifter. Just enough to get the tiles down. Did each side seperately. Did not dismantle the table.

Chris

#1023 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Wait, you covered up the tile, for that? Lol.

Not sure what you mean, but maybe I'm just not awake yet. We had pergo in the basement but that got destroyed in a flood, so we got the Deck Tile to replace it Or did you mean the pool table?

Chris

#1030 6 years ago
Quoted from mymalibu:

Cool thread, combine two of my favorite hobbies, pinball and rides. This is my 1968 Chevrolet Beaumont custom. For my American friends its a GM "A" body platform made in Canada only. Its all Chevelle except it has a GTO dash and year specific front and rear treatments. Its one of 3744 V8 cars for the year. My pin hauler is a 2011 F150 4X4. I know ,I know whats a GM classic car guy doing with a ford...truth is it was to good a deal to pass up, and in fact I really like the truck. 3.7 V6 runs great and does what I need it to do. Cheers.

Nice ride! That is very unique and I have never seen one of those before. Nothing wrwong with having a GM and a Ford. It's like Having a Williams and a Stern pinball machine at the same time

Chris

5 months later
#1437 5 years ago

Not big Horsepower, but fun to drive. And a hardtop convertible with a sunroof is pretty cool! 2012 VW Eos.

DSCF1572 (resized).JPGDSCF1572 (resized).JPG

DSCF1570 (resized).JPGDSCF1570 (resized).JPG

DSCF1567 (resized).JPGDSCF1567 (resized).JPG

#1441 5 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

"shopping" out the pin hauler

New rubbers, touchup(repaint) and cc. Since this ones flipperless no leds

That's once hell of a rotisserie!

Chris

1 week later
#1500 5 years ago
Quoted from tjprice222:

silverunicorn - nice Eos! As a fellow VW fan, it’s my responsibility to recommend goapr.com if you haven’t checked them out already. The Stage 1 tune is the best dollar to performance mod available anywhere if you want to get some more power out of that 2.0T. I did it on my Tiguan and the difference is unbelievable.

Thanks! I will check out Goapr. Sounds like a no brainer

Chris

1 month later
#1531 5 years ago

Ooooooh, a Trackhawk! Those are awesome, but that price tag......ouch!

2 months later
#1633 5 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

2009 CTSV, Good ol American muscle with a hint of luxury w/4 doors, maintenance is a breeze.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I always liked the V's. Doesn't this have the same motor as the Corvette Z06?

Chris

9 months later
#1916 4 years ago
Quoted from SeymorGoldfarbJr:

My Autozam finally came in. I just picked it up at port on Monday.[quoted image]

Cool!!!

Chris

#1917 4 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Holy Crap!! Did EVERYONE win a trophy or what? LOL.....
John

Well yeah, you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. LOL

Chris

1 week later
#1924 4 years ago
Quoted from pinworthy:

Labor day weekend fun[quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice. Love the color!

Chris

5 months later
#1998 4 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

[quoted image]

My neighbor works for GM he has had 2020 vettes in his driveway for the past few months.
Today he has a white one. Winter camo...
yes in the snow! must be testing traction control.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I don't normally like white cars (just a personal preference) but that looks AMAZING!

Chris

2 weeks later
#2034 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Yes!
[quoted image]

nice! My grandfather had one of those (red) when I was a kid. What a fun little car that was. One day out of the blue he took it for a ride and came back with a 1985 Mazda RX7 Turbo instead. Boy was my grandmother mad! LOL

Chris

1 month later
#2096 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

New pic today
[quoted image]

Nice Audi. Love the color. My wife has it's second cousin.

DSCF1566 (resized).JPGDSCF1566 (resized).JPG
4 months later
#2143 3 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

I've always ran into car guys in the pinball arcade world. I guess we just like anything we can tear apart and tinker with
Here is my pin hauler. I don't know why but as I gotten older I keep buying taller trucks. It's a real treat loading it up! I since added a topper so I can move games in bad weather. I also have a 2020 Terrain I can squeeze a game in when needed..
My 87 Buick Grand National. It's all show and all go. Alky injected modified pretty good. I bought the car with arcade game and pinball sales back when you could buy cheap and make a profit on arcade and pinballs...
And then there is my 1989 Pontiac Trans Am cream puff. 30K original miles all stock. The only thing changed was the battery and tires. 1555 of them made in 1989 to pace the Indy 500. The first and still only car that did not need to be modified to pace the Indy. As is was built is how it was sold. t-tops and leather was the only options and most were. Fun cars for sure. With the covid mess I didn't have them out much this year but that's just more time to work on the pins
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Always enjoy seeing the bat

Chris

#2149 3 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Chris! The BAT is the best! hahaha How are you my friend

Doing well. Sorry about not getting the slot from you. Maybe once you get more I'll be in a better spot to grab one.

Chris

2 weeks later
#2176 3 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Couple from photo shoot for being the ride of the month.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I am not a Mustang guy but hot damn that thing is sexy!

Chris

6 months later
#2324 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Top: The new radio camouflage is complete. Doesn't quite completely mimic it's donor, but close enough that a casual observer might not be curious as to what hides beneath.
Middle: with all the "camo" removed aside from a thin strip of matte black vinyl... thus still masking the Kenwood DMX706S ever so slightly.
Bottom: last but not least, well, yea least, the factory head unit.
Only taken me 9 years for this mod.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hmmmmm, it's a VW, but what......GTI?

Chris

#2328 3 years ago

Ah, ok. It reminded me of my wife's Eos. Fun little car.

interior (resized).jpginterior (resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#2350 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I flew down to Atlanta two weekends ago and drove back this F-Type S British Design Edition. 1 of only 300 made. I've never heard a better sounding car. She goes in for a full detail on the 7th.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I find these to be one of the most beautiful modern convertibles made. Nice pickup!

Chris

#2363 2 years ago

I have to agree with you on that one. The soundtrack of the car makes me completely forget that the stereo is absolutely terrible. To be honest, I really don't turn on the radio much unless I'm in traffic. Definitely not when I've taken her out on some windy back roads.

Thanks Chris. I really fell in love with the look, the sound and the fact that most people don't even know what it is.

We'll have to get together and have a convertible drive.......if my wife's VW is worthy

EOS3 (resized).jpgEOS3 (resized).jpg

#2368 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Do I sense a convertible match race in the making in Pennsylvania?

That'd be fun, but that F-Type would destroy the VW.

Chris

#2369 2 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I'd join the cabriolet cruise if the border was open for me to cross.

We took the Eos to Niagra on the Lake one summer. It seemed like Canadians had never seen one before. it got a while lot of looks. One night we were eating outside at a local restaurant and watched at least 5 people stop and check it out. They are fairly common here in PA, I see a bunch of them by us, but maybe not everywhere.

Chris

1 month later
#2378 2 years ago

I got my girl tinted on Wednesday and I must say, she looks good! [quoted image]

NICE! Does that have the V8 in it? Those things sound incredible.

Chris

2 months later
#2442 2 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Did a nice wash and polish yesterday. The seasons are changing up here, so not going to have many more opportunities.
Love when she shines!

Not a huge fan of the large grilles on cars anymore, but that thing is SWEEEEET!

Chris

#2482 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

And now you can replace it with a Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 707 HP Hellcat motor for when you need the Ice Cream not to melt on the way home

Or if you need a little extra seating, a Durango Hellcat!

Chris

#2483 2 years ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

Carry a spoon in the glove box, that way you can eat the ice cream while waiting for the tow truck. The engine is fantastic and the transmission is the best automatic ever (ZF 8HP), but the Jeep bits are still Jeep.
98% of all Jeeps ever made are still on the road today.
The other 2% made it home.

I hear this a lot but I have to say, my Durango (yes, not a "Jeep" but the same thing basically) has been great. I got it used with 24K on it. It has 90K on it now. The only thing I had an issue with was a hole in the radiator that was fixed quickly under warranty. And let me tell you, I do NOT baby this thing. It's a great size, runs very well, and I beat the crap out of it and it just keeps coming back for more. I have a lowly R/T with the 5.7 but I love the thing.

Chris

1 week later
#2506 2 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

Tesla Plaid in the house! This replaced my 2017 Model S P100D. Couldn’t be happier! I’m about 2k miles in now, the yoke feels perfectly natural at this point

These cars are just insane. Enjoy!

Chris

9 months later
#2652 1 year ago
Quoted from StrikesSpares:

It's 1984 in Japan.

I always loved that style of Supra. Nice pair.

Chris

4 months later
#2753 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am too big to think about a AZ1, I wanted a Lotus Elise but my dreams were instantly crushed when I tried to get in and out of the car. I also like the Mazda MX-5 hardtop with the stunning burgundy red color but again I think it would be too cramped for me. The Banzai Run is selling for good money right now(over 10k) so you do have that going for you.

My Mechanic has a Lotus Esprit and an Elise. I am 6'3" and let me tell you I thought I was going to have to live in the Elise because it was so hard to get out of for me. I kinda had to tuck and roll. LOL. Cool car but certainly not for the large.

Chris

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SilverUnicorn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-car-club?tu=SilverUnicorn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.