IMG_20240407_141221695 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240407_135817543 (resized).jpg
20240406_115430 (resized).jpg
20240406_115423 (resized).jpg
20240406_115419 (resized).jpg
Toyota 1980s jumping.gif
Toyota jumping.jpg
Landcruiser (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shredso.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1842 4 years ago

The pins have been sitting idle. I haven't had time to play 1 game, the kids sports are overwhelming, in a good way. I'm glad they are active, and I'm glad we can afford to have them in club sports. The kids have lost interest in the game room so it's pretty much just me down here with 10 (working) games and a couple projects I don't have time for. I still really enjoy restoring games, especially left for dead or heavily routed garbage games. I still love playing the games when I can find the time, but I'll lock on to one or 2 games and play the crap out of them. 6 years ago I was brainstorming how I can fit more games and now I'm not sure why I need more than a few. Anyway, I've always wanted a Corvette, as long as I can remember. I've never actually driven one. I love the 70's Stingray. I'm thinking that may be a bad idea with no garage to work on the thing. Something newer and more reliable may be better for me. 2005 is the oldest body style I like, and they are somewhat affordable. Probably a lot more comfortable as well. I could dump 2 or 3 pins and end up with a small loan. Or I could dump 4 or 5 and pay for it outright. The concern is, I've rarely lost money on a pinball machine, most times, specially when routed games were abundant, I made a good chunk of change. I'll be turning all of that positive investment into something that is most definitely a negative investment. Another concern is storage. I'm in the Northeast, the best I can do is probably a car cover for the winter. My daily driver costs double what I'm going to spend on the Vette, and I'm not worried about garaging that. My last concern is turning my somewhat quiet game room investment into a fancy sports car. Most of the money that supports the game room came from the game room. The wife doesn't really know the difference between a handful of cheap games that I restored or repaired for profit to the collection I have now. Most of the cash has come from profit of flipping games, not the paycheck. Early 41 year old mid life crisis? Talk me out of ( or into) selling my games.

1 year later
#2344 2 years ago

I've wanted a Corvette since I was a kid. It's not the exact color or model I hoped for, but I'm in the club and it's pretty badass. 2005 with 33k miles.

It's in desperate need of a detail, can't wait to tear into it this weekend.

I got my first Corvette wave today. I didn't realize that was a thing. I'm going to have to drive around for days trying to find the guy so I can wave back, I feel like a jerk. Ha!

2021-05-18 18.55.22 (resized).jpg2021-05-18 18.55.22 (resized).jpg2021-05-18 18.55.38 (resized).jpg2021-05-18 18.55.38 (resized).jpg2021-05-18 18.55.59 (resized).jpg2021-05-18 18.55.59 (resized).jpg
5 months later
#2522 2 years ago

So, I bought my dream car this year, or at least a version of it. 2005 Corvette. Problem is, I have no garage and I live in New England. I would like to at some point add a garage to the house, but that isn't happening any time soon, especially with the cost of lumber. My plan was to put up one of those cheap Harbor Freight/ Tractor Supply carports. I've had a couple of these over the years, and they last a couple years before tearing. I cleared a 20x20 section of the yard and had some milled asphalt laid down so it's nice and flat.

The issues I can see with these are:
Doesn't last long
Wouldn't protect well if a tree fell from a winter storm
Offers no protection from mice or other animals (my shed is overrun by mice and they love my lawn equipment)

I see they make them with better/thicker covers, but I'm still seeing the same complaints that they easily tear on the reviews. The cost with the thicker cover is also getting closer to the cost of a DIY steel building. Does anyone have experience with those?

Also, any tips for keeping the mice out? I saw an inflatable car cover here a few weeks ago that looked great and I think would keep them out. I would have to run a very long extension cord though, no power in the back yard.

Self storage unit is also an option, but I know once I get one of those I'll own it forever.

6 months later
#2604 2 years ago

Bit the bullet and got my cars professionally detailed. I've been totally disappointed in "professional" details I've had in the past. It has always been a decent high priced car wash. This guy did a great job. Better than I have ever done on my own. The Traverse detail is a week old and has been rained on. Still looks great!

2022-04-20 17.59.47 (resized).jpg2022-04-20 17.59.47 (resized).jpg
#2606 2 years ago
Quoted from luch:

what's the going rate today ? $200 per car ?

I paid $260 USD for the SUV. He initially quoted me I think $220 for the Vette but only charged me $160. Both cars were clean to start, maybe he gave me a break. He also offered a paint free dent service. I paid $200 to get 5 or 6 shopping cart type dents out and they are undetectable, at least for now. Full interior and exterior with a buff and wax. Also did the engine bay. I'm close to Boston so maybe you can find it cheaper outside of a big city.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Shredso.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-car-club?tu=Shredso and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.