IMG_20240407_135817543 (resized).jpg
20240406_115430 (resized).jpg
20240406_115423 (resized).jpg
20240406_115419 (resized).jpg
Toyota 1980s jumping.gif
Toyota jumping.jpg
Landcruiser (resized).jpg
IMG_4397 (resized).JPG
There are 3,333 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 67.
#251 7 years ago
Quoted from jsyjay:

I like that Fiesta. Is that a hatchback?
Yep, part of the 80/90's hot hatch era. Another picture, not mine but similar.

Very similar to a Festiva. My parents have a red Festiva. The previous owners made it look like some high schooler's car. Tinted windows, a spoiler, chrome 5 spoke wheels. They even replaced the Festiva name tag to say Ruby.

#252 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

I drive a '59 fury.
Pushed the Buy it now button on ebay..shipping to the netherlands was horribly expensive.
This is the closest i could get to christine,i feel like a million bucks when i drive it!
It does not accomodate a pinball though..

Cool. How much is yearly registration for it? A friend of mine in Switzerland pays $2000 a year for his '69 MACH 1 Mustang.

#253 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Very similar to a Festiva. My parents have a red Festiva. The previous owners made it look like some high schooler's car. Tinted windows, a spoiler, chrome 5 spoke wheels. They even replaced the Festiva name tag to say Ruby.

I had a '76 Ford Fiesta with v6. Fast car.

#254 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I'd love to have seen that! I'm only 5'10" and there is little more than a couple inches headroom for me. Where in the heck would a power sunroof go??! I LOVE the folks that have made them into custom convertibles though.

I'm 6' and it was snug, the back seat was worse where it slid down and back but I don't think it really mattered.

I went on an internet quest and I think I actually found the car, 99% sure but it's been 30+ years and now it is in Nevada ... it must be the same one, the pic is exactly what I remember it looking like
Volvo_1800ES_72_107_3101_3 (resized).jpgVolvo_1800ES_72_107_3101_3 (resized).jpg
Volvo_1800ES_72_107_3101_5 (resized).jpgVolvo_1800ES_72_107_3101_5 (resized).jpg
No good shots of the inside of the roof but more here, I just wish there was some details:
http://volvo1800pictures.com/0_car_photos/ES/1972/107/Volvo_1800ES_72_107_3101.php
it is looking like it needs some love

That convertible is a sweet I have never seen that conversion, that is awesome looking.

#255 7 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

I've always been a gearhead. Don't really have a brand I don't like, but I haven't had a car payment in over 10 years and I like it that way.
I bought my first pin because I loved working with my hands and fixing things. I had a project S-15 pickup, and my Dad was going to help me get it fixed up for my first car. Well, he was too busy with work, and that never happened - so I bought a pin since it was something that I could work on a little easier. The wealth of knowledge we have now with YouTube and the internet didn't exist then. Since I never took auto mechanics in high school, I had no clue how to do much beyond changing my own oil.
Before kids, I had some pretty nice cars. I keep things pretty low key right now car wise due to how expensive cars can get, and how quickly kids can ruin cars.
The family mobile is a 2010 Ford Flex SEL with about 115k on it. Been fairly reliable, so far I've put gas, oil and tires into it.
I drive a 1997 Volvo 850R wagon and sedan. I have one of each. The wagon was bought by my folks when it was only a few months old. It was a Volvo executive's company car. I think it had maybe 15k on it. My Dad drove it daily and put about 110k on it and parked it when he retired. I spent a few years trying to buy it from him, and finally, he was willing to get it go.
If you're not a Volvo aficionado, the 850 T-5R was a car that Volvo produced in very limited quantities in 1995. It was primarily produced because Volvo ran a car in the BTCC (British Touring Car Championship), and to enter the car, it had to be a production model. The T-5R was insanely popular, and the next 2 years, Volvo made the R package in slightly bigger quantities. Porsche helped Volvo in some aspects with the design of this car and its engine. It came with 17 inch wheels and low profile tires, a very stiff suspension, leather and suede interior, and a tune that put out 240 HP on a 2.3 5 cylinder engine with turbo. For 1995, it was a VERY potent model.
When I bought the wagon from my Dad, it was suffering from a lot of neglect. Stuff worn out from just sitting. Dirty. Dad is a chain smoker, so it was very dirty. It was way past its timing belt cycle. So, I got it to 'stage 0', meaning maintenance stuff caught up, running efficiently. And after daily driving it for 2 years, I burned a valve. Shops quoted me 3 grand to pull the head, do a valve job, and reassemble it. I decided to try to do it myself, and after doing the work, I was hooked. The wagon has roughly 150k on it now, and the sedan is close to 240k. Well maintained examples of these go 500-600k.
Folks do a lot of neat stuff to these cars. But with limited wrenching time, and no 'spare' car to drive if I had to have it down for a few hours, I bought a matching sedan that was a lot neglected. Had a rod knock, and the kid who had it was doing a lot of questionable work to it.
So, I've been enjoying the crap out of the sedan. Got a donor engine that I'm cleaning up a little, looking for a 5 speed transmission to go in this one. Assembling parts for the engine swap, need to get a bigger turbo and some other goodies. I've been hitting the junkyards a couple times a month chasing other parts. Some of the parts are hard to find, especially the R specific goodies - but I have all the R specific goodies at this point. I've been enjoying driving it, but I have also decided I want a 2nd wagon and will probably put the sedan in storage when I find one. The wagon sort of screams 'grandfather's car', and I want my fun car to be a sleeper. So, I may have to ship one in when I find the 'right' car.
I also enjoy getting my kids involved in the project, teaching them an art that seems to be dying off - fixing stuff! It's my hope that when my youngest turns 14 or so, we will find a project car for her to fix up until she gets her license. I can't do any of these insane projects I see on the car reality shows, but I can make sure she knows how to change a tire, oil, tune a car up, do brakes, etc. And then, my son won't be far behind, and we can do it again.

I have always loved the 850. It all started with these two cars during the era when the BTCC was great.

1996_Volvo_850_BTCC_Touring_Car_Tom_Walkinshaw_Race_Car_For_Sale_Rear_resize (resized).jpg1996_Volvo_850_BTCC_Touring_Car_Tom_Walkinshaw_Race_Car_For_Sale_Rear_resize (resized).jpg

other09112901-d (resized).jpgother09112901-d (resized).jpg

#256 7 years ago

Decided to take tour of some of my favorite old rides (I had that same lic plate on over a dozen cars over 15-16 year period)

1st car- 67 VW Baja bug
baja (resized).jpgbaja (resized).jpg

Favorite of everything I have ever owned, "Lil Red" a modified 72 Mazda RX-2 w/ported13b
Street modelilred1 (resized).jpglilred1 (resized).jpg
SCCA E-Mod Divisional Champion lilred3 (resized).jpglilred3 (resized).jpg

73 Porsche 914 2.0porsche (resized).jpgporsche (resized).jpg

My first Land Cruiser, 79 FJ-40

cruiser (resized).jpgcruiser (resized).jpg

#257 7 years ago

Cheers to the 914!

#258 7 years ago

I have a few cars but i can't get to them for pics right now.

1966 Ford Galaxie 500 convertible 352 auto
1966 Ford Galaxie 500 7 Litre HT almost all options
1966 Ford Galaxie 500 7 Litre convertible 4 spd almost all options
1965 reproduction AC Shelby Cobra LA Exotic former race car
1967 Cadilac El Dorado convertible parade car original owner was John Wayne
2005 Ford E250 my pinball hauler

Steve

#259 7 years ago

Dang.... almost forgot about my '80 Fiesta! With the fancy louvered rear window.

Fiesta (resized).jpgFiesta (resized).jpg

#260 7 years ago

fiesta was great car - there were two versions - one made in Germany and the other in America - you could tell by the master cylinder - I used these cars to deliver papers - they were great - only thing that would go was the master cylinder. also tires were cheap as I put 12 inch tires on mine. great pep and great gas mileage.

they are very hard to find now as they have a big following - great cars though.

I will try to snap pictures of all my cars - I just got done selling a lot of them because of insurance reasons - I still have about 16 or 17. I love them - but it's time to sell some more as a few of them never even went out on the road this year.

thanks ed

#261 7 years ago

1993 Jeep Wrangler that I drove for 21 years ... no air bags and no anti-lock brakes and no AC ... was a blast to drive but wanted something a bit safer and wanted some AC ... so I traded it in for a 2015 Willys. Wish I had kept the '93 around ... should've kept it down the shore to roll around town.

When I had to get my wife to the dealership, they let me test drive this Challenger when I went to pick her up ... great car.

Mike

IMG_4284 (resized).JPGIMG_4284 (resized).JPG

IMG_4295 (resized).JPGIMG_4295 (resized).JPG

IMG_4289 (resized).JPGIMG_4289 (resized).JPG

#262 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Dang.... almost forgot about my '80 Fiesta! With the fancy louvered rear window.

I want a car with a louvered rear window. I remember having some Hot Wheels when I was a kid that had that and thought it was the coolest.

#263 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Dam, I had one too just out of high school in 1986. Fun little car. It was my winter beater so I could store my GTO. Have to dig of picture for sure.

#264 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

My first wife had one in what seems like the same color (sort of a gold-ish color in your pics) when we were dating, it was the "S" model (which was probably just a decal ) the year I won Division Champ in my Mazda I blew out the tranny and was going to miss a race. I needed to score a couple points to guarantee the win so I took the Fiesta , pulled the airfilter and ran the back tires up to 50 psi and ran it against a guy (who was just behind me in the season points) with a modified Capri, he beat me in the last round but I had him in the first two runs and he couldn't believe it ... first gen Fiesta was a great little car.

#265 7 years ago

The early ones with the 1600 Kent motor were pretty good

#266 7 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Total money pit. But I love it. My mother bought it for me when she was diagnosed with cancer for the 3rd time and was told she was going to die back in the late 90's.
Well she is still here so I keep the car going as well.

I agree that it's worth it. I always liked those GST's. The one car in my life that I considered a money pit was a 1992 3000GT SL. Within 12 months the repair costs almost doubled my initial purchase price. My Dad couldn't believe it when my next car was a Mitsubishi. LOL (05 Evo MR). Glad to hear your Mom is fighting it. My family was affected by Cancer and will most likely again. F CANCER!!!!

1 week later
#267 7 years ago

The new Subie arrived and it is choice.

The STI has exceeded my expectations and it really gives you a rush while driving. It is extremely gratifying rowing through the gears with the manual 6-speed stick shift and turbo. The stainless steel high performance exhaust resonates a deep throaty sound and really adds to the experience and overall performance while driving. I am stoked.

GEDC3458.JPGGEDC3458.JPG
GEDC3453.JPGGEDC3453.JPG
GEDC3447.JPGGEDC3447.JPG
Ferris So Choice.jpgFerris So Choice.jpg

#268 7 years ago

I will thumbs up this for the Ferris Bueller reference alone. The car is sweet too

Chris

2 weeks later
#269 7 years ago

So I got an email yesterday from the owner of my old car. It's a 1962 Impala Convertible with a 327. I loved the car but unfortunately it was more fashionable than functional. It did not have seat belts for the kids, it would overheat easily and it took up a lot of space in the garage. We simply did not drive it enough.
I did get thumbs ups everywhere we would drive it and it was enjoyable cruising with the top down. I miss the car and it brought a tear to my eye when he sent me the picture. The Impala now resides in California and the new owner has kept his agreement with keeping it all original and not turning it into a custom low rider. It means a lot to me that the new owner is taking good care of it and the car sure does look happy with the top down in California. -Enjoy

62 Impala.jpg62 Impala.jpg

#271 7 years ago

That was the car I drove to get my drivers license in 1970. I nicked the curb on the three-way turnabout, failed the first time. Grr....got some practice, then went back for the win.

Steering wheel was about the same size as a school bus wheel. Memories...

#272 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Cool. How much is yearly registration for it? A friend of mine in Switzerland pays $2000 a year for his '69 MACH 1 Mustang.

My 59 fury actually only costs me €100 insurance a year.
Classic car insurance is real cheap over here.
You don't pay registration in the netherlands.
We do have something called roadtax,depending on how heavy your car is.
But cars over 40 years old are roadtax free in the Netherlands.
So it costs €8 a month to own it,awesome right?!

#273 7 years ago

WOW you got a deal goin there.

#274 7 years ago

Awesome
I have insurance thru Hagerty on my big Buick. Full coverage, $15,000 guaranteed. It's $135 a year. Also since it's over 25 years old it doesn't require an inspection. Taxes and tags last year were $45 and mechanical parts are dirt cheap. Just don't dent it, sheet metal isn't.

Sometimes I don't get people buying tiny new cracker boxes for $20,000 and then paying $700~$800 or more a year for insurance and a couple more hundred in taxes. I can fix a lot of stuff for $20,000.

#275 7 years ago

My 2011 911 Turbo S, best car ever.

IMG_8244 (resized).JPGIMG_8244 (resized).JPG

#276 7 years ago

I no longer own a special car to add to these pages, but this is not about a car. This post is about----well, just minute, first----I learned to drive on the Kansas Turnpike in the 1960s when the posted speed limit was 80 MPH. Then in 1973, President Nixon took all speed limits down to 55 MPH. Those who lived thru those dark days will agree that---IT SUCKED !

I just got back from picking up a pin in El Paso Texas.

Three miles west of Odessa Texas, on I-20, I saw this !!!:

80 MPH (resized).png80 MPH (resized).png

For the next 250 miles I got to legally drive 80 MPH for the first time in 43 years. I"m a 5-over guy. I had a blast. It would have been worth the trip, without getting a pin, just to be able to wave at the Trooper as I blew past at 85 MPH I mean, I was only doing 5-over

You guys with these nice, fast cars, ought to take a trip out to west Texas and open them up.

#277 7 years ago

In germany this is ok.

IMG_8633 (resized).JPGIMG_8633 (resized).JPG

#278 7 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

In germany this is ok.

You can get a ticket for going TO slow in the fast lane. Your doin just fine.

#279 7 years ago

Hi all, Here is my 1968 charger that I bought from my brother last year. He bought this from the original owner in 2005 and I was lucky to buy it from him. It is all matching survivor with only 116000 original miles. This is my daily driver as well a 2013 challenger R/T in plum crazy

IMG_1366 (resized).JPGIMG_1366 (resized).JPG

IMG_0466 (resized).JPGIMG_0466 (resized).JPG

IMG_0467 (resized).JPGIMG_0467 (resized).JPG

IMG_1367 (resized).JPGIMG_1367 (resized).JPG

IMG_1371 (resized).JPGIMG_1371 (resized).JPG

#280 7 years ago

Made in Detroit. 1st year ACR edition.

IMG_20140723_094910027 (resized).jpgIMG_20140723_094910027 (resized).jpg

IMG_20140723_130718890_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20140723_130718890_HDR (resized).jpg

#281 7 years ago
Quoted from Oilrat:

Here is my 1968 charger

A high school friend of mine would give his right arm for that Charger. He had a 69 RT SE. Sadly a large tree fell on it and flattened it right through the middle.

#282 7 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I no longer own a special car to add to these pages, but this is not about a car. This post is about----well, just minute, first----I learned to drive on the Kansas Turnpike in the 1960s when the posted speed limit was 80 MPH. Then in 1973, President Nixon took all speed limits down to 55 MPH. Those who lived thru those dark days will agree that---IT SUCKED !
I just got back from picking up a pin in El Paso Texas.
Three miles west of Odessa Texas, on I-20, I saw this !!!:

For the next 250 miles I got to legally drive 80 MPH for the first time in 43 years. I"m a 5-over guy. I had a blast. It would have been worth the trip, without getting a pin, just to be able to wave at the Trooper as I blew past at 85 MPH I mean, I was only doing 5-over
You guys with these nice, fast cars, ought to take a trip out to west Texas and open them up.

Utah, for the past three years. Wyoming for the past two. Rural Nevada for over a year. Plus Texas non-toll roads (some of them are 85). I'm sure there's more.....

FB_IMG_1479008893079 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1479008893079 (resized).jpg

#283 7 years ago

My 2016 challenger Hellcat

IMG_5637 (resized).JPGIMG_5637 (resized).JPG

IMG_6131 (resized).JPGIMG_6131 (resized).JPG

#284 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Utah, for the past three years. Wyoming for the past two. Rural Nevada for over a year. Plus Texas non-toxic roads. I'm sure there's more.....

We could NEVER have that high a speed on any road in Minnesota cuz they are to shitty.

#285 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I'm sure there's more.....

Montana!
Have exceeded the speed limit there a few times. On the Interstates only. I-90, and the highway between Sweetgrass and Great Falls I -15, one time between Great Falls and Helena a H.P. going in the opposite direction gave me a wave and a leer that warned me to slow down. Even after that, I still had at a constant speed of 90 MPH.

#286 7 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

My 2011 911 Turbo S, best car ever.

Why is the box stamped Norway, when your location states Denmark?? Hhmmm!

#287 7 years ago

The Scandinavien Stern dealer is located in Norway.

#288 7 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

The Scandinavien Stern dealer is located in Norway.

Hope you didn't damage the paint or suede headliner.

#289 7 years ago

True,but driving a 1959 fury is more complicated,parts are hard to find,i am a good mechanic, but it is damn hard to source parts.

#290 7 years ago

One from the land down under stable. 71 Ferrari Dino 246 GT.

100_1744 (resized).JPG100_1744 (resized).JPG

#291 7 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

HS.jpgHS.jpg

#292 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Montana!
Have exceeded the speed limit there a few times. On the Interstates only. I-90, and the highway between Sweetgrass and Great Falls I -15, one time between Great Falls and Helena a H.P. going in the opposite direction gave me a wave and a leer that warned me to slow down. Still I remained a constant speed of 90 MPH.

I remember those fun years ('96-'99) when Montana went back to no daytime speed limit; Well, whatever "Reasonable and prudent" meant at the discretion of "Officer Friendly".....

#293 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So I got an email yesterday from the owner of my old car. It's a 1962 Impala Convertible with a 327. I loved the car but unfortunately it was more fashionable than functional. It did not have seat belts for the kids, it would overheat easily and it took up a lot of space in the garage. We simply did not drive it enough.
I did get thumbs ups everywhere we would drive it and it was enjoyable cruising with the top down. I miss the car and it brought a tear to my eye when he sent me the picture. The Impala now resides in California and the new owner has kept his agreement with keeping it all original and not turning it into a custom low rider. It means a lot to me that the new owner is taking good care of it and the car sure does look happy with the top down in California. -Enjoy

That photo was taken in Long Beach, near the Queen Mary.

#294 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Have owned this LX since 1991.

Cool, Ive got a 89 Cobra Vert, custom ordered from the factory. Parents owned it for a few years and passed it on to me. Its neat to still have the original paper work, even though it looks nothing like it did when ordered.

Pinhauler is the last photo and if it wont fit, that's what the F-150 is for.

spencercar.jpg~original (resized).jpegspencercar.jpg~original (resized).jpeg

spencercar3 (resized).jpgspencercar3 (resized).jpg
spencercar2 (resized).jpgspencercar2 (resized).jpg

IMG_00000108 (resized).jpgIMG_00000108 (resized).jpg

#295 7 years ago

Hehe, I don't know if Homer would even fit in it. I am a relatively slim framed fellow and it is a tight squeeze even for me at 6'2".

I actually prefer my Porsche Cayman for city/open road driving and as a general runabout as there is a lot more driver comfort, but in my view lacks the factory stylings and wow factor of the older Ferrari models.

I guess Enzo Ferrari had it designed for style over practicality with shorter Italian fellows in mind, whilst Ferdinand Porsche prioritised utilitarianism with legroom for a taller German heritage fellow like myself.

This model Ferrari is one of less than 300 in right hand drive from factory as well.

#296 7 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

This model Ferrari is one of less than 300 in right hand drive from factory as well

I really like the unique sound of the engine and exhaust on the early Ferrari's-music to my ears, what a fantastic sound.

71 Dino...

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Wonderful car.

I purchased a GTS from Ferrari Scottsdale back in 1999. Selling it is one my biggest regrets.

#298 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Wonderful car.
I purchased a GTS from Ferrari Scottsdale back in 1999. Selling it is one my biggest regrets.

Especially considering how much values have increased in recent years. This era of Ferrari are really gaining an appreciation amongst the high end car collector community. Last public auction we had a few months ago down here for a 71 Dino sold for $652,000AUD (498,000USD). Right hand drive attracts a lot of bidders from our Asiatic neighbours (e.g. Singapore) as well.

Any pics of the GTS? Always enjoy seeing pics from other prancing horse owners past or present.

#299 7 years ago

I like cars but it's not a hobby. My daily driver - 2016 Dodge Charger Scat Pack with the 6.4L SRT motor:

20160716_133337 (resized).jpg20160716_133337 (resized).jpg
20160716_133352 (resized).jpg20160716_133352 (resized).jpg

The "Pin Hauler" is a 2011 Dodge Durango RT

This is the car I sold to get the Scat Pack - 2012 Audi A7:

20160707_142308 (resized).jpg20160707_142308 (resized).jpg
20160709_130448 (resized).jpg20160709_130448 (resized).jpg

#300 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

2016 Dodge Charger Scat Pack

I'm glad to see that dodge has finally stopped making all of its cars look like they have Ram Truck front ends. I really like the original concept charger that was closer to the late 60's style but can say the current version is pretty good looking. I wish ford lincoln or mercury would make another full size bruiser.

There are 3,333 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-car-club/page/6?hl=oilrat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.