IMG_20240407_135817543 (resized).jpg
20240406_115430 (resized).jpg
20240406_115423 (resized).jpg
20240406_115419 (resized).jpg
Toyota 1980s jumping.gif
Toyota jumping.jpg
Landcruiser (resized).jpg
IMG_4397 (resized).JPG
There are 3,333 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 67.
#2751 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

In the az1? Wouldn't surprise me with Japanese packaging skills.

Lord no, the mondial.

#2752 1 year ago
Quoted from dung:

Kicked around the idea of an az1 but would have to sell something like banzai run

I am too big to think about a AZ1, I wanted a Lotus Elise but my dreams were instantly crushed when I tried to get in and out of the car. I also like the Mazda MX-5 hardtop with the stunning burgundy red color but again I think it would be too cramped for me. The Banzai Run is selling for good money right now(over 10k) so you do have that going for you.

Loyus Elise (resized).jpgLoyus Elise (resized).jpgMazda MX-5 (resized).jpgMazda MX-5 (resized).jpg
#2753 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am too big to think about a AZ1, I wanted a Lotus Elise but my dreams were instantly crushed when I tried to get in and out of the car. I also like the Mazda MX-5 hardtop with the stunning burgundy red color but again I think it would be too cramped for me. The Banzai Run is selling for good money right now(over 10k) so you do have that going for you.
[quoted image][quoted image]

My Mechanic has a Lotus Esprit and an Elise. I am 6'3" and let me tell you I thought I was going to have to live in the Elise because it was so hard to get out of for me. I kinda had to tuck and roll. LOL. Cool car but certainly not for the large.

Chris

#2754 1 year ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I kinda had to tuck and roll. LOL. Cool car but certainly not for the large.

I actually tweaked my back trying to wiggle in and out. I think it is the elevated sides that do it-need to step over to get out.

#2755 1 year ago
Quoted from dung:

My little fleet. Debating what to do next. Have 17k free and clear of the wife. If I want a normal sized car the mondial qv would get sold but I like it. Could theoretically fit a kei car. Kicked around the idea of an az1 but would have to sell something like banzai run. Don't play it anyways but if I park a 4 car in the garage it's gonna be tight and a pain to shuffle around what I am driving.
[quoted image]

Those Morgans are so cool!!

#2756 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Dude around here has one with a tag that says MORGASM.

#2757 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

They are. It was my latest acquisition. Within a week of ownership it started throwing a CEL. OF my three vehicles, despite being the newest, it is the one with the worst parts availability. They stopped building in 2021. You can get 0 engine parts because S&S abandoned it. Went so far as to pull everything off their site related to the X-wedge. Also have issues getting specific parts from morgan. Love it, but really unimpressed with the parts support.

Quoted from pinmister:

Have had an NC club spec as well as a Fiat Abarth spyder. Considered an elise, but if I go lotus I would probably get an esprit. Banzai has been at my buddies house most of the year. Had it listed for awhile, but mostly got trade offers. Pulled it because I got busy and then just sort of forgot about it. Really the getting an az1 the issue is the morgan is 10.5 long. The az1 is 10.8 or so and my garage is 22.5 feet long. Doable, but a pain.

#2758 1 year ago

I got my 4 post lift installed today. the one open spot is where the bride parks.

lf1 (resized).jpglf1 (resized).jpglf2 (resized).jpglf2 (resized).jpglf3 (resized).jpglf3 (resized).jpglf4 (resized).jpglf4 (resized).jpglf5 (resized).jpglf5 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2759 1 year ago

What's the deal with newer cars/trucks and the expensive windshield replacement? Seems like the newer models with radar devices located on upper windshield now have to be calibrated with the installation of a new windshield? I about fell over when they first quoted me a price of $1400 for a new windshield with calibration. Gone are the days of calling up your local windshield guy that comes to your driveway and installs a $250-$300 windshield. I am on my fourth windshield for my Taco and my second windshield on newer 4Runner. Here is some advice-don't buy into what some dealers and nationwide glass companies are selling. First of all, I have never had my four windshields 'calibrated' for my Taco. I signed a waiver and told them not to do calibration and guess what? The radar works just fine and calibration was not needed. After Safe-lite recently quoted me $1400 and said we have proprietary glass that we make ourselves- blah blah blah-you will not find a better deal anywhere else. I told them thanks but no thanks(go pound sand) and I will go shop around. Found a place to do it for $740 including 'fake' calibration. Sorry for venting but I think a lot of people are getting bamboozled when it comes to windshield replacement. Don't get bamboozled

#2760 1 year ago

What's the deal with newer cars/trucks and the expensive windshield replacement? Seems like the newer models with radar devices located on upper windshield now have to be calibrated with the installation of a new windshield? I about fell over when they first quoted me a price of $1400 for a new windshield with calibration. Gone are the days of calling up your local windshield guy that comes to your driveway and installs a $250-$300 windshield. I am on my fourth windshield for my Taco and my second windshield on newer 4Runner. Here is some advice-don't buy into what some dealers and nationwide glass companies are selling. First of all, I have never had my four windshields 'calibrated' for my Taco. I signed a waiver and told them not to do calibration and guess what? The radar works just fine and calibration was not needed. After Safe-lite recently quoted me $1400 and said we have proprietary glass that we make ourselves- blah blah blah-you will not find a better deal anywhere else. I told them thank but no thanks(go pound sand) and I will go shop around. Found a place to do it for $740 including 'fake' calibration. Sorry for venting but I think a lot of people are getting bamboozled when it comes to windshield replacement. Don't get bamboozled</blockquote

My 2000 Corvette is about $1200 because it requires a new gasket, and its about $250.

#2761 1 year ago

what's a Taco ?

#2762 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

What's the deal with newer cars/trucks and the expensive windshield replacement? Seems like the newer models with radar devices located on upper windshield now have to be calibrated with the installation of a new windshield? I about fell over when they first quoted me a price of $1400 for a new windshield with calibration. Gone are the days of calling up your local windshield guy that comes to your driveway and installs a $250-$300 windshield. I am on my fourth windshield for my Taco and my second windshield on newer 4Runner. Here is some advice-don't buy into what some dealers and nationwide glass companies are selling. First of all, I have never had my four windshields 'calibrated' for my Taco. I signed a waiver and told them not to do calibration and guess what? The radar works just fine and calibration was not needed. After Safe-lite recently quoted me $1400 and said we have proprietary glass that we make ourselves- blah blah blah-you will not find a better deal anywhere else. I told them thank but no thanks(go pound sand) and I will go shop around. Found a place to do it for $740 including 'fake' calibration. Sorry for venting but I think a lot of people are getting bamboozled when it comes to windshield replacement. Don't get bamboozled

Interesting on the prices and what are they calibrating?

I have had to get one windshield in the past 2 decades and my insurance covered it without raising my rates.

#2763 1 year ago
Quoted from luch:

what's a Taco

Best truck ever made-Toyota Tacoma

#2764 1 year ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I have had to get one windshield in the past 2 decades and my insurance covered it without raising my rates.

I have a $1000 deductible with USAA but thinking about adding windshield coverage policy of some kind

#2765 1 year ago

the windshield business is the biggest scam going , tell them your going thru insurance and it's $1500 and they'll cover your deductible , them them you'll pay cash and they can do it for $400 , bunch of crooks !

#2766 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I got my 4 post lift installed today. the one open spot is where the bride parks.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you have to pour a structural concrete floor/ slab for the lift or is the car light enough that it wasn’t required?

#2767 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have a $1000 deductible with USAA but thinking about adding windshield coverage policy of some kind

Full glass coverage is generally cheap. Check it out

#2768 1 year ago

....and what is calibrating?

#2769 1 year ago
Quoted from Strummy:

....and what is calibrating?

They supposably calibrate the radar system and validate accuracies. I call BS(just another money maker)

Here is an idea-locate it elsewhere so people do not have to waste monies

#2770 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Did you have to pour a structural concrete floor/ slab for the lift or is the car light enough that it wasn’t required?

standard 4" slab so no concrete work

lift is 1800 pounds Panoz about 3200 the lift posts have large base 10" x 12"

#2771 1 year ago

A beautiful day before the big freeze hit.

IMG_5315 (resized).jpgIMG_5315 (resized).jpg
IMG_5320 (resized).jpgIMG_5320 (resized).jpg

#2772 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

A beautiful day before the big freeze hit.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Whats the deal with the stickers? Cool car!!

#2773 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Whats the deal with the stickers?

Apparently Fulltilt likes Led Zeppelin. Must sound great through his big Klipsch speakers.
Led Zeppelin (resized).jpgLed Zeppelin (resized).jpg

#2774 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Apparently Fulltilt likes Led Zeppelin. Must sound great through his big Klipsch speakers.
[quoted image]

Zeppelin, a good cigar and no traffic makes a nice afternoon.

#2775 1 year ago

Here’s my most recent JDM purchase. 1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R. It’ll be a bit different than the Kei cars I’ve mostly imported.
3342EAF2-7AD4-46C6-BD27-4E9359F98EF4 (resized).jpeg3342EAF2-7AD4-46C6-BD27-4E9359F98EF4 (resized).jpegA106FAB8-0DAE-4CE0-8B00-C68061400727 (resized).jpegA106FAB8-0DAE-4CE0-8B00-C68061400727 (resized).jpeg

#2776 1 year ago

Last day of 2022 purchase, the ole 2012 jetta has 193000 mikes and was ready to be retired.

20221231_165143 (resized).jpg20221231_165143 (resized).jpg
#2777 1 year ago

P 00

Quoted from littlecammi:

[quoted image]

I knew the Zep but wasnt sure about the other. Anyway, good crusin!!!!

#2778 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

P 00

I knew the Zep but wasnt sure about the other. Anyway, good crusin!!!!

SlipKnot

#2779 1 year ago

Dang, I didnt zoom in... Sweet and it looks like a hell of a nice day for a drive!

#2780 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

What's the deal with newer cars/trucks and the expensive windshield replacement? Seems like the newer models with radar devices located on upper windshield now have to be calibrated with the installation of a new windshield? I about fell over when they first quoted me a price of $1400 for a new windshield with calibration. Gone are the days of calling up your local windshield guy that comes to your driveway and installs a $250-$300 windshield. I am on my fourth windshield for my Taco and my second windshield on newer 4Runner. Here is some advice-don't buy into what some dealers and nationwide glass companies are selling. First of all, I have never had my four windshields 'calibrated' for my Taco. I signed a waiver and told them not to do calibration and guess what? The radar works just fine and calibration was not needed. After Safe-lite recently quoted me $1400 and said we have proprietary glass that we make ourselves- blah blah blah-you will not find a better deal anywhere else. I told them thanks but no thanks(go pound sand) and I will go shop around. Found a place to do it for $740 including 'fake' calibration. Sorry for venting but I think a lot of people are getting bamboozled when it comes to windshield replacement. Don't get bamboozled

Yes they are expensive, but but you can set up your insurance policy to cover windshield replaced at 100%

1 week later
#2781 1 year ago

Well trying to get on the list for the new Toyota Corolla GR is more difficult than I thought it would be. Evidently I missed the boat when it was announced and now all the dealers have a list bigger than multiple years of allocation for the vehicle. I got on the list for one dealership along with a new Toyota Sequoia but I am not holding my breath. I saw one come in this week at the dealer and I am still torn on whether or not I like the body style of the vehicle(the back end especially). This car is all about what is under the hood(really want to drive one). Meanwhile I am getting cold calls from the Subaru dealer about incoming 2023 WRX models. Decisions, decisions.
2023 GR Corolla (resized).jpg2023 GR Corolla (resized).jpg

#2782 1 year ago

I love seeing everyone's rides!

Here's my daily for the last two years.

mcqueen (resized).jpgmcqueen (resized).jpg
#2784 1 year ago

Never noticed this thread before. Been a car guy all my life. See avatar for current ride.

#2785 1 year ago

Grab the rumble and power of a v8 before it's too late op!

Screenshot_20230114_222913_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230114_222913_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2786 1 year ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Grab the rumble and power of a v8

So I rented a red convertible Mustang while visiting California recently. I have to say it kinda grew on me. You know what I really liked? I really liked the heated seats. It was a bit humorous driving around California with the top down(kids wanted it down) while temperatures were mild. People looked at us like we were bananas and it actually was not that bad(we are from Colorado). Those heated seats kept my bum nice and toasty and really helped with the top down. Loved the rev of the V8-nothing like it. My main problem is the way I like to drive(corners at high speed). Sometimes driving the large platform cars like the Challenger feels a little too big to me compared to what I am used to driving. I did enjoy taking the traction control off with wet roads and feeling the roar of the V8(not sure the wife liked it-she kept screaming at me ).

#2787 1 year ago

Lots of vehicle changes here since last post!
Porsche 911 Carrera S is sold
Bought an older Panamera then sold it (miss it)
Bought a new Jeep Gladiator and hated it - traded for a new Ram 1500 Limited (love)
Wife bought an Audi TT Roadster (loves)
Lastly, I bought an Audi S5 put stupid money into it: Bilsteins, Wheels, APR tune, AWE exhaust, carbon fiber, etc. (fun car)

1E14A48C-3E73-4AF8-A41E-6D5BC5B483F6 (resized).jpeg1E14A48C-3E73-4AF8-A41E-6D5BC5B483F6 (resized).jpegB24AA434-F2C7-47BD-91F7-0DD64B4A49EC (resized).jpegB24AA434-F2C7-47BD-91F7-0DD64B4A49EC (resized).jpegC8512DD0-F5A5-41B0-8FB6-4E80849F82C9 (resized).jpegC8512DD0-F5A5-41B0-8FB6-4E80849F82C9 (resized).jpegD10CCF14-BC55-419F-9B7A-13B1C0FCDE94 (resized).jpegD10CCF14-BC55-419F-9B7A-13B1C0FCDE94 (resized).jpegDD020EA6-D1CF-46D3-8FB7-776D25A328A8 (resized).jpegDD020EA6-D1CF-46D3-8FB7-776D25A328A8 (resized).jpeg
#2788 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Bought a new Jeep Gladiator and hated it - traded for a new Ram 1500 Limited (love)

Nice! The color on that jeep is stunning. I used to be a Dodge Ram guy-had four of them. Then had the engine(HEMI) blow up with 20k miles on it. The dealer gave me a hard time with the whole engine replacement process. Right after I picked it up I drove to the Toyota dealership to trade it in. Funny how a particular manufacturer can put a bad taste in your mouth. The new Rams look completely different and I have heard good things. Why did you not like the Jeep? A friend of mine just got the new Bronco and was surprised/disappointed that it does not have power seats.

#2789 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So I rented a red convertible Mustang while visiting California recently. I have to say it kinda grew on me. You know what I really liked? I really liked the heated seats. It was a bit humorous driving around California with the top down(kids wanted it down) while temperatures were mild. People looked at us like we were bananas and it actually was not that bad(we are from Colorado). Those heated seats kept my bum nice and toasty and really helped with the top down. Loved the rev of the V8-nothing like it. My main problem is the way I like to drive(corners at high speed). Sometimes driving the large platform cars like the Challenger feels a little too big to me compared to what I am used to driving. I did enjoy taking the traction control off with wet roads and feeling the roar of the V8(not sure the wife liked it-she kept screaming at me ).

I hear you about zipping around corners. An s5 was smoking me on some back roads one day but when we hit a straight away I blew his doors off, did a U turn and came back waving. I could see the smile on his face too. All in good fun.

I was in high school in the 80s. We could buy an old Skylark or Lemans or something with a 350 for $500. A set of headers, a 4 barrel and some rims got you a pretty cool car. My 1st car was a 73' Cutlass Supreme for $150 with a Rocket 350.

Guess I'm old. I hate letting the V8 go. I drive a midnight edition Silverado 1500 too.

Technology is amazing on some of these new cars but the throaty rumble of the v8 is just awesome!

#2790 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Nice! The color on that jeep is stunning. I used to be a Dodge Ram guy-had four of them. Then had the engine(HEMI) blow up with 20k miles on it. The dealer gave me a hard time with the whole engine replacement process. Right after I picked it up I drove to the Toyota dealership to trade it in. Funny how a particular manufacturer can put a bad taste in your mouth. The new Rams look completely different and I have heard good things. Why did you not like the Jeep? A friend of mine just got the new Bronco and was surprised/disappointed that it does not have power seats.

Almost everything … ugh
It looked beautiful, but:
Terrible steering - hard to keep in on the road (constant steering inputs needed)
No power (at all)
Poor quality interior
Terrible seat comfort (had to buy aftermarket seat lifts)
Missing some basics (like a simple left foot rest)
Aging and clunky to use electronics
Loud inside

We still own a Sahara Limited but no way would I drive it every day

#2791 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

That’s why I have a Challenger hellcat and a Nissan GTR. cover all the bases lol.

#2792 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

Almost everything … ugh
It looked beautiful, but:
Terrible steering - hard to keep in on the road (constant steering inputs needed)
No power (at all)
Poor quality interior
Terrible seat comfort (had to buy aftermarket seat lifts)
Missing some basics (like a simple left foot rest)
Aging and clunky to use electronics
Loud inside

We still own a Sahara Limited but no way would I drive it every day

Sounds like a JEEP

Funny you mention a Jeep Sahara. I was looking at one a few weeks ago to tow behind our motorhome. It was a minty 2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara with 55k for $18,500. It was still listed on Craigslist but by the time I got to the dealer it was sold. Something about the older Jeep Sahara models-really love the khaki green seats, etc.
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara (resized).jpg2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara (resized).jpg

Jeep Sahara seats (resized).jpgJeep Sahara seats (resized).jpg
#2793 1 year ago

Added a new toy, I mean daily driver to the stable.

Ford Focus RS. Stock 350hp / 350tq AWD. Holy crap this is a fun car! She wont haul a pin, but the hatchback area is still quite useful. (planning on changing the wheels, these poke out a little too far for my liking..)

Here she is next to my Mustang GT/CS. Needless to say, I guess I am a Ford guy! (Not pictured: my 1970 Mustang Mach 1)

20221226_165707 (resized).jpg20221226_165707 (resized).jpg

#2794 1 year ago
Quoted from Greenfun13:

(planning on changing the wheels, these poke out a little too far for my liking..)

Awesome car!

I actually think your wheels and tires look fine-I would keep them until tires are worn out then replace with some Dunlops. If it were my car I would tint the windows, add some window visors, add a COBB Accessport V3, buy a booming sound system, and perhaps a couple of tasteful vinyl wrap additions like a glossy black racing stripe on hood off centered left? I also like the Grey color-not a color you see often. Here is a pic of my Subie with the widows tinted/window visors and vinyl wrap I did...
https://www.cobbtuning.com/products/accessport/ford-focus-rs-accessport-v3
DSC00521 (resized).JPGDSC00521 (resized).JPGDSC00522 (resized).JPGDSC00522 (resized).JPG

#2795 1 year ago
Quoted from SeymorGoldfarbJr:

Here’s my most recent JDM purchase. 1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R. It’ll be a bit different than the Kei cars I’ve mostly imported.

Do you have a Godzilla Stern to go with it. Nice ride.

#2796 1 year ago

Parked for the winter.

PXL_20221114_181139549 (resized).jpgPXL_20221114_181139549 (resized).jpgPXL_20221114_181214100 (resized).jpgPXL_20221114_181214100 (resized).jpg
#2797 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Parked for the winter.

Is that your garage or basement? A friend of mine has a garage door for his basement. Dam cool

#2798 1 year ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Is that your garage or basement? A friend of mine has a garage door for his basement. Dam cool

Separate 1,800 sq. ft. out building.

#2799 1 year ago
Quoted from Greenfun13:

Added a new toy, I mean daily driver to the stable.
Ford Focus RS. Stock 350hp / 350tq AWD. Holy crap this is a fun car! She wont haul a pin, but the hatchback area is still quite useful. (planning on changing the wheels, these poke out a little too far for my liking..)
Here she is next to my Mustang GT/CS. Needless to say, I guess I am a Ford guy! (Not pictured: my 1970 Mustang Mach 1)
[quoted image]

What do these wiegh and whats the quartermile times?

#2800 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Awesome car!
I actually think your wheels and tires look fine-I would keep them until tires are worn out then replace with some Dunlops. If it were my car I would tint the windows, add some window visors, add a COBB Accessport V3, buy a booming sound system, and perhaps a couple of tasteful vinyl wrap additions like a glossy black racing stripe on hood off centered left? I also like the Grey color-not a color you see often. Here is a pic of my Subie with the widows tinted/window visors and vinyl wrap I did...
https://www.cobbtuning.com/products/accessport/ford-focus-rs-accessport-v3

Sweet STi ! I always wanted a second gen.. (first gen available in North America) now they all have been used and abused and have high mileage..

Hoping to get the windows tinted either this weekend or next. I am planning on going with a lighter tint than I normally do, thinking 50% everywhere and 70% on the windshield. Think it should look pretty slick when its done.

Already have an AP with a tune from Randy at Mountune, but ordered an E30 tune to play with.

I also ordered a JL Audio Stealthbox and a few JL amps the other day. The system wont be as crazy as the one in my Mustang (Sundown U12 sub in a 3cuft box being fed ~2200rms by an old Rockford Fosgate T20001BD lol), but it should be wayyy better than stock!

I probably wont do many, if any exterior mods. I don't like the extra attention, it's already bad enough here in CA for car enthusiast.. I am even going to install an exhaust cutout and use it to tone down the loudness by forcing the exhaust out of one tip vs two when I want to be more stealthy.

Quoted from Roostking:

What do these wiegh and whats the quartermile times?

They are kinda heavy at 3,460lbs.. and according to Google:

"In 100% factory trim, a Focus RS could be expected to run the 1/4-mile in about 13.4 seconds at 103 mph."

However! With JUST an upgraded Front Mount Intercooler (FMIC), a downpipe, and a tune on e30, would put it at 403 whp / 461 wtq (measured at the wheel). Not too shabby for a 2.3L!

E30 Tune (resized).pngE30 Tune (resized).png

I wouldn't buy this car if you care about 1/4 mile times, I would buy this car if you like carving canyons and taking turns at blistering speeds.. If I want to go fast in a straight line, I will grab the keys to my Mustang.

There are 3,333 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-car-club/page/56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.