IMG_20240407_135817543 (resized).jpg
20240406_115430 (resized).jpg
20240406_115423 (resized).jpg
20240406_115419 (resized).jpg
Toyota 1980s jumping.gif
Toyota jumping.jpg
Landcruiser (resized).jpg
IMG_4397 (resized).JPG
There are 3,333 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 67.
#1701 5 years ago

Going to be working on this in the spring. My father bought it brand new, drag raced it for years, then restored it 20 years ago. Powered by a 409.

20190214_144806 (resized).jpg20190214_144806 (resized).jpg
#1702 5 years ago

Super cool chev. Love.

#1703 5 years ago
Quoted from Badamack:

Super cool chev. Love.

#1704 5 years ago

My Mustang is about 80% done.

IMGA0925 (resized).JPGIMGA0925 (resized).JPGIMGA0927 (resized).JPGIMGA0927 (resized).JPGIMGA0930 (resized).JPGIMGA0930 (resized).JPGIMGA0933 (resized).JPGIMGA0933 (resized).JPG

IMGA0932 (resized).JPGIMGA0932 (resized).JPGIMGA0920 (resized).JPGIMGA0920 (resized).JPGIMGA0919 (resized).JPGIMGA0919 (resized).JPG
#1705 5 years ago

How do I upvote like 80 times?..

#1706 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

How do I upvote like 80 times?..

Thanks. I just wish I had a good camera, I gotta get me one one of these days.

#1707 5 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

Thanks guys. I'm thrilled to death with it and couldn't be happier with how it's turning out. In case anybody is wondering why the inside of the bed is still silver it isn't because I'm lazy I'm going to get a spray in bed liner and wasn't going to waste the time or paint spraying it orange.

I have a good friend in Elburn, so anytime I pass through town on Rt.47 or otherwise, I'll be on the lookout for your sweet orange Ford! Great job, btw!

#1708 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks. I just wish I had a good camera, I gotta get me one one of these days.

Trade you a really damn good one and send you pics.

#1709 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Trade you a really damn good one and send you pics.

Thanks but no thanks.

#1710 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice.

Who makes the seats and wheels?

#1711 5 years ago

Seats are Corbou (sorry about the spelling) GT 8's the wheels are original (1983) 2 piece, aluminum spokes on steel rims American CP 200's. I bought the wheels new back then.

#1712 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Seats are Corbou (sorry about the spelling) GT 8's the wheels are original (1983) 2 piece, aluminum spokes on steel rims American CP 200's. I bought the wheels new back then.

Damn nice.

Drive it in good health.

#1713 5 years ago

-59 pin hauler.

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg
#1714 5 years ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

I have a good friend in Elburn, so anytime I pass through town on Rt.47 or otherwise, I'll be on the lookout for your sweet orange Ford! Great job, btw!

Thanks. I have the cap done but was waiting to get the flares painted and installed to post another pic.

#1715 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Damn nice.
Drive it in good health.

Thanks Mike, I sure will.

#1716 5 years ago

I bought my 70 Chevelle 25 years ago prior to being eligible to even apply for my driver's license. I remember my driving instructor coming to pick me up one day witnessing me putting the car in my parents garage after washing it. He asked if it was my dad's car and I told him no it was mine. My scheduled driver's testing was coming up, so he replied "you got a lot riding on that test don't you think?". It will never leave this family and will be passed down to one of my kids.

ChevelleLowered (resized).pngChevelleLowered (resized).png
#1717 5 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

-59 pin hauler.[quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice. Guys with Cameos can brag about being "first" but a Fleetside is way more useful.

Richard

#1718 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

With those 5 extra gauges wedged in there, where is the AM-8track going to go??

#1719 5 years ago

Does anyone have a Kwik lift? If so, what are your thoughts. Seems like a safe way to get under the car if you don’t have the height for a post lift. Thanks

https://www.kwik-lift.com/

#1720 5 years ago
Quoted from someotherguy:

Very nice. Guys with Cameos can brag about being "first" but a Fleetside is way more useful.
Richard

Thank you.
It was imported to Sweden from the US in 2010.
I really like to estetict of the short bed Fleetside.

#1721 5 years ago
Quoted from OHMI_Arcade:

Does anyone have a Kwik lift? If so, what are your thoughts. Seems like a safe way to get under the car if you don’t have the height for a post lift. Thanks

Seemed okay, until I got to the price. Their standard package of $1400 is what I paid for a certified 10,000 lb 2 post lift. I was expecting a few hundred bucks. I'd want to know what the locking mechanism is for the back legs...those fail, and the car drops onto you.

#1722 5 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

With those 5 extra gauges wedged in there, where is the AM-8track going to go??

Cassette tape. But really no distractions like that cuz the car provides all the tunes. That's the way it's been for years.

#1723 5 years ago
Quoted from TrueJedi:

I bought my 70 Chevelle 25 years ago prior to being eligible to even apply for my driver's license. I remember my driving instructor coming to pick me up one day witnessing me putting the car in my parents garage after washing it. He asked if it was my dad's car and I told him no it was mine. My scheduled driver's testing was coming up, so he replied "you got a lot riding on that test don't you think?". It will never leave this family and will be passed down to one of my kids.
[quoted image]

Super clean. Don't change a thing.

#1724 5 years ago
Quoted from OHMI_Arcade:

I like that, just wish I had the room.

#1725 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Seemed okay, until I got to the price. Their standard package of $1400 is what I paid for a certified 10,000 lb 2 post lift. I was expecting a few hundred bucks.

Agree, kind of pricey for 5000 lb capacity. But I don’t really have the ceiling height for a lift and won’t have to sink this into the concrete (assuming my garage slab is even thick enough). Don’t seem to be many other (good) options.

#1726 5 years ago
Quoted from OHMI_Arcade:

Agree, kind of pricey for 5000 lb capacity. But I don’t really have the ceiling height for a lift and won’t have to sink this into the concrete (assuming my garage slab is even thick enough). Don’t seem to be many other (good) options.

How tall is your ceiling?

#1727 5 years ago
Quoted from OHMI_Arcade:

I have a Quick Jack (not lift) and love it. It gets a TON of use.....
https://www.quickjack.com/

I dont have the height in my garage for a 4 post, and I like the portable nature of the quickjack. When not in use, you can slide them under a car, hang them on the wall, etc....

That quicklift seems overpriced for what it is. It also seems bulky.

#1728 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I have a Quick Jack (not lift) and love it. It gets a TON of use.....
https://www.quickjack.com/
I dont have the height in my garage for a 4 post, and I like the portable nature of the quickjack. When not in use, you can slide them under a car, hang them on the wall, etc....
That quicklift seems overpriced for what it is. It also seems bulky.

I agree, I wasn't expecting 1400 for that. I've had my eye on the quick jack for awhile. How is it holding up?

#1729 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I agree, I wasn't expecting 1400 for that. I've had my eye on the quick jack for awhile. How is it holding up?

Great... zero issues. I have had mine for two years. I have the 3500, as i use it primarily for my aircooled vws, and seasonal tire changes for my wifes car.

They were plagued by connector issues and hydraulic fluid leaks many years ago, but the style they switched to, that I have, are rock solid with no leaks.

#1730 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Great... zero issues. I have had mine for two years. I have the 3500, as i use it primarily for my aircooled vws, and seasonal tire changes for my wifes car.
They were plagued by connector issues and hydraulic fluid leaks many years ago, but the style they switched to, that I have, are rock solid with no leaks.

Thanks, I would need the 5000 at least, but they are all on sale. OP should look at these.

#1731 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thanks, I would need the 5000 at least, but they are all on sale. OP should look at these.

I agree... they really are great. They are kind of like a nice desoldering tool. You dont need one, but once you use one, you could never go back to not having one.

#1732 5 years ago

Never saw the quick jack. Looks pretty cool.

#1733 5 years ago

New trade today. Back to some V8 love.

IMG_4986-1 (resized).jpegIMG_4986-1 (resized).jpeg

#1734 5 years ago

My summer cruiser. (The one in the second photo and the one last in the line of 4 cars on the 3rd photo).
The car is an Indigo 3000 made by a company called Indigo Cars in the late -90.
In total 41 cars were made and mine is #35.

i1 (resized).jpgi1 (resized).jpgi2 (resized).jpgi2 (resized).jpgi3 (resized).jpgi3 (resized).jpg
#1735 5 years ago

“Cool” ride (especially no top in Sweden ) looks like a fun car . interesting to see they are resuming production.

#1736 5 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

My summer cruiser. (The one in the second photo and the one last in the line of 4 cars on the 3rd photo).
The car is an Indigo 3000 made by a company called Indigo Cars in the late -90.
In total 41 cars were made and mine is #35.

Interesting car. I had to look it up. Volvo drivetrain, and noted to be updated for a new run in 2018 (no detail on Wiki to udpate or delay)

Very interesting niche. Wonder how it differentiates from the Mazda or BMW coupes that would fit in this category.

#1737 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

New trade today. Back to some V8 love.
[quoted image]

How do you like it? It’s on my short list for my next vehicle but I’ve read mixed reviews about it. The interior sure looks nice for a Nissan. How does it ride and handle? Does the seat cooling feature work well?

#1738 5 years ago
Quoted from tjprice222:

How do you like it? It’s on my short list for my next vehicle but I’ve read mixed reviews about it. The interior sure looks nice for a Nissan. How does it ride and handle? Does the seat cooling feature work well?

So far I love it. I rented a 2018 for a recent long trip and that made the decision to trade.
This 2019 seems to have an improved suspension, especially over rough pavement. That was a complaint I read and was a problem in the 2018 rental.
Get the Platinum edition for sure. Super nice interior for the price. There are current rebates that take a chunk off the sticker.
I generally don't care for rear seat Captain's chairs but these are sweet. With the big rear center console and integrated entertainment system, it's like being in your living room.
The V8 is super smooth and responsive. Strong braking. Seats are very comfortable.
Cameras everywhere. Surround vehicle warnings.
It's minus 30 deg outside but I tested the cooled seats and yes, it got cold quick.
Gas mileage sucks but I didn't expect gas mileage. It's a big ass heavy SUV with 390 hp V8. Can tow a barge.
And about 20K +- less than the Infinity.

#1739 5 years ago

Dang...thanks so much for the detailed report!

#1740 5 years ago
Quoted from pinworthy:

“Cool” ride (especially no top in Sweden ) looks like a fun car . interesting to see they are resuming production.

Thx. It is not all snow and polar bears, we do have summer occasionally all be it short
It is a very fun car. Like a go-cart on steroids.

#1741 5 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

Interesting car. I had to look it up. Volvo drivetrain, and noted to be updated for a new run in 2018 (no detail on Wiki to udpate or delay)
Very interesting niche. Wonder how it differentiates from the Mazda or BMW coupes that would fit in this category.

Yes, the drivetrain is from Volvo. They used it to keep project cost and owner maintenance costs down.
The remake currently being produced uses the same 3 liter in-line 6 with twin turbos.

#1742 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

So far I love it. I rented a 2018 for a recent long trip and that made the decision to trade.
This 2019 seems to have an improved suspension, especially over rough pavement. That was a complaint I read and was a problem in the 2018 rental.
Get the Platinum edition for sure. Super nice interior for the price. There are current rebates that take a chunk off the sticker.
I generally don't care for rear seat Captain's chairs but these are sweet. With the big rear center console and integrated entertainment system, it's like being in your living room.
The V8 is super smooth and responsive. Strong braking. Seats are very comfortable.
Cameras everywhere. Surround vehicle warnings.
It's minus 30 deg outside but I tested the cooled seats and yes, it got cold quick.
Gas mileage sucks but I didn't expect gas mileage. It's a big ass heavy SUV with 390 hp V8. Can tow a barge.
And about 20K +- less than the Infinity.

Your saying it's 30 BELOW ZERO where you are?

#1743 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Your saying it's 30 BELOW ZERO where you are?

LOL! Felt like it. Let me reword that.

#1744 5 years ago

What are you going to do with all this cool
Cars when The New Green Deal happens?

#1745 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Same thing when hell freezes over.

#1746 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Go Mad Max on AOC as she's trying to hitch a ride.

#1747 5 years ago

Sold my old Pinhauler … as I bought it new from a Dealer in Portland, OR in 2000.
18years later; it was sold to a guy in SanAntonio for $3k with only 93k miles (no that isn't a typo or missing a 1).

old Pinhauler - Dodge Dakota 2000old Pinhauler - Dodge Dakota 2000

Given my old truck lasted 18years; and I litterly kept it running without issues - I decide I deserved a new F150. It had to have adaptive cruise control and given only KingRanch or better has that option in 2018... I decided to treat myself to a 2018 F150 Raptor since there was only an additional 10k for a Raptor.

Yeah; way more than I wanted to spend... but given this one will hopefully be with me until Retirement... worth it.
P_20181013_185249 (resized).jpgP_20181013_185249 (resized).jpgP_20181013_185214 (resized).jpgP_20181013_185214 (resized).jpgP_20181013_185157 (resized).jpgP_20181013_185157 (resized).jpg

#1748 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Sold my old Pinhauler … as I bought it new from a Dealer in Portland, OR in 2000.
18years later; it was sold to a guy in SanAntonio for $3k with only 93k miles (no that isn't a typo or missing a 1).
[quoted image]
Given my old truck lasted 18years; and I litterly kept it running without issues - I decide I deserved a new F150. It had to have adaptive cruise control and given only KingRanch or better has that option in 2018... I decided to treat myself to a 2018 F150 Raptor since there was only an additional 10k for a Raptor.
Yeah; way more than I wanted to spend... but given this one will hopefully be with me until Retirement... worth it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice choice love the Raptor.

#1749 5 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

Nice choice love the Raptor.

Almost bought one myself...wish they had of kept the V8 instead of the ecoboost. Still a very nice looking truck.

#1750 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Almost bought one myself...wish they had of kept the V8 instead of the ecoboost. Still a very nice looking truck.

Yea I would love one with the 6.2

There are 3,333 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-car-club/page/35?hl=someotherguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.