3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,991 posts
  • 311 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by the_one
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,654 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6854 (resized).jpeg
55637128_2226739984031781_9069185545606791168_n (resized).jpg
Jeep-JT-Scrambler-Gladiator-Rubicon-SEMA-Build-3.jpg
Chevrolet-Tahoe-K5-Blazer-Conversion-001-720x340.jpg
IMG_20180430_182228 (resized).jpg
17855295_1175444502582129_6056796907370888086_o (resized).jpg
74209193_2602298746475901_8492075007701155840_n (resized).jpg
70937652_2518956878143422_8041817355380064256_n (resized).jpg
35E805FA-BF03-4556-93B9-E993875E34C4 (resized).jpeg
1B372359-6B34-4744-8E11-A44417BB82D3 (resized).jpeg
E52E2C25-0B08-45C5-BFFD-0723E2EC7426 (resized).jpeg
5A2D30ED-3670-4CCD-8E9E-06177B45E568 (resized).jpeg
113CB8E9-765D-4ADB-945B-A0FD7B98031F (resized).png
47B023BF-7CA8-41F2-B412-A0B77E55218D (resized).png
62AADBBE-8031-4551-88AB-446895C8A535 (resized).jpeg
Green_Park_Edition (resized).png

There are 1991 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 40.
#1451 1 year ago
Quoted from Bud:

C-code 289 car.

Bet it doesn't have a 2 barrel any more.

#1452 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thats a solid plan and it sounds like you have the skills to make it happen. Post up pics when you can!

Thanks. I'll post a few pics as I go. Mike

#1453 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Replace the tank and any soft rubber components since its been sitting so long. Then run it!!! Nice find!!!

This will relieve future headaches.
www.cjponyparts.com/fuel-tank-with-drain-plug-kit-1965-1968/p/FTK5/

#1454 1 year ago
C9F5798B-5820-407A-AC58-3213321CEC7E (resized).jpegFFDA907E-69FF-474D-B19F-945912C97E8F (resized).jpeg
#1455 1 year ago

Nice, how are you liking that 392 HEMI!! M6 or A8?

#1456 1 year ago

Hey,
I’m looking at buying a used exotic car and curious what new/used they have been going for at wholesale auctions.
Can anyone PM me to help me out?
Thanks!!!

#1457 1 year ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Hey,
I’m looking at buying a used exotic car and curious what new/used they have been going for at wholesale auctions.
Can anyone PM me to help me out?
Thanks!!!

Exotic cars go for exotic prices. A non-specific question will get you a non-specific answer. What specific model and year?

#1459 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Exotic cars go for exotic prices. A non-specific question will get you a non-specific answer. What specific model and year?

I agree, such a variance in pricing depending on what exotic you are looking at. I have been considering adding an affordable exotic sports car. I have been checking out a 2005-2010 Lotus Elise with turbo and manual stick. I really enjoy driving manuals, especially with a turbo. All of the car manufacturers are starting to eliminate the manual stick shift option, and are only offering paddle shift, etc. To me paddle shifting does nothing and takes away the thrill of driving a sports car. I have driven some very nice exotics with paddle shift, and they did nothing for me. I have a friend that sells new BMW's and he is trying to convince me in buying a new M2 with a manual, because this is the last year for the manual ): Will sports cars with manual transmissions become sought after or will paddle shifting be the new norm? It has to have three pedals or to me it is lame.

BMW M2.jpgLoyus Elise.jpg

#1460 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Just wondering if anyone with a Manheim login could help me out that’s all and run some reports.

#1461 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I agree, such a variance in pricing depending on what exotic you are looking at. I have been considering adding an affordable exotic sports car. I have been checking out a 2005-2010 Lotus Elise with turbo and manual stick. I really enjoy driving manuals, especially with a turbo. All of the cars manufacturers are starting to eliminate the manual stick shift option, and are only offering paddle shift, etc. To me paddle shifting does nothing and takes away the thrill of driving a sports car. I have driven some very nice exotics with paddle shift, and they did nothing for me. I have a friend that sells new BMW's and he is trying to convince me in buying a new M2 with a manual, because this is the last year for the manual ): Will sports cars with manual transmissions become sought after or will paddle shifting be the new norm? It has to have three pedals or to me it is lame.

I used to think that way too, until I bought a Quadrifoglio. If it's good enough for Ferrari, it's good enough for me. Go drive a BMW M3/M4 and then go test drive a QV. You might be surprised. As far as what's desirable, everyone has their opinion, but I doubt manuals will hold any premium over automatic's, especially today's designs. That might have held true 20 years ago where a clutch manual and a good driver could out perform an auto. But the design's today out perform the clutch manuals.

#1462 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Will sports cars with manual transmissions become sought after or will paddle shifting be the new norm?

Automatics used to have fewer gears than manuals, going back to 2-speed powerglides versus 3-speed manuals and 3 -speed turbo-hydros versus 4-speed manuals. And more recently 4-speed autos versus 5- and 6-speed manuals. Then 6-speed autos (like my wife's 2013 Mustang GT) were offered alongside 6-speed manuals (like my 2013 Boss 302). And now 8- and even 10-speed automatics are available, whereas the 7-speed manual in the Corvette is really a 4-speed with 3 overdrives for better highway mileage to avoid a gas guzzler tax. I chose a 6-speed manual over a 6-speed auto for my 2013 Camaro ZL1, but even I would take the latest 10-speed auto over a 6-speed manual if I were ordering a new Camaro ZL1. Ten speeds should always keep the engine in its powerband and pre-loading the next gear should make for quick shifts in these modern automatics.

#1463 1 year ago

100% agree with cammi. A nothing special 2018 Mustang GT with the 10 speed auto is putting down serious 1/4 mile times on street tires stock. Add in a tune (esp with E85) the new generation of automatic any brand is nuts.

I prefer manual but the autos now finally caught up to technology and are impressive.

#1464 1 year ago

I have driven a manual transmission car daily since 1978 - until this year. Currently in a 2018 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 auto & loving it. Manuals can be fun, but I'm done with them in a daily driver.

#1465 1 year ago

No fun pedal and I won’t buy a sports car. it’s simply not as fun to drive an auto. Was going to buy a gt3rs this year, but they quit making it in manual. I drove the auto version and while you can click thru the gears, without the 3rd pedal it’s just a fast car... not a fun car.

#1466 1 year ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I prefer manual but the autos now finally caught up to technology and are impressive.

BUT can they take the punishment the 4 speed manual Toploader in my 70 Mustang takes.

#1467 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Nice, how are you liking that 392 HEMI!! M6 or A8?

A8. Love the car. Thanks.

#1468 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

but even I would take the latest 10-speed auto over a 6-speed manual if I were ordering a new Camaro ZL1. Ten speeds should always keep the engine in its powerband and pre-loading the next gear should make for quick shifts in these modern automatics.

I drive a 2018 ZL1 with the 10 speed auto, that transmission is brilliant not only for shifting fast always at the perfect time and keeping the engine near peak power, but it even auto downshifts when it senses you entering a turn. It will even sense (in Sport and Track modes) when you are driving aggressively and automatically switch to a shifting mode that keeps it in high rpm. If you settle down your driving the auto with automatically switch back to normally lower rpm gear selections. Even pro drivers pick it over the manual, and I think even Hennessy said the same.

Thing is, auto's have been faster than manuals for a very long time now. I used to drive a 1997 Camaro LT1 with an auto, paired with a 3200 stall torque converter, 3:73 gears and a reprogrammed auto set to shift faster. I would regularly beat manual cars that had more power than me because the converter helped keep it in the power band even though it didn't have many gears, along with the fast and perfect shifts. That was over two decades ago! Although nowadays you don't have to mod anything and the auto will still be faster.

#1469 1 year ago

silverunicorn - nice Eos! As a fellow VW fan, it’s my responsibility to recommend goapr.com if you haven’t checked them out already. The Stage 1 tune is the best dollar to performance mod available anywhere if you want to get some more power out of that 2.0T. I did it on my Tiguan and the difference is unbelievable.

#1470 1 year ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I drive a 2018 ZL1 with the 10 speed auto, that transmission is brilliant not only for shifting fast always at the perfect time and keeping the engine near peak power, but it even auto downshifts when it senses you entering a turn. It will even sense (in Sport and Track modes) when you are driving aggressively and automatically switch to a shifting mode that keeps it in high rpm. If you settle down your driving the auto with automatically switch back to normally lower rpm gear selections. Even pro drivers pick it over the manual, and I think even Hennessy said the same.
Thing is, auto's have been faster than manuals for a very long time now. I used to drive a 1997 Camaro LT1 with an auto, paired with a 3200 stall torque converter, 3:73 gears and a reprogrammed auto set to shift faster. I would regularly beat manual cars that had more power than me because the converter helped keep it in the power band even though it didn't have many gears, along with the fast and perfect shifts. That was over two decades ago! Although nowadays you don't have to mod anything and the auto will still be faster.

All of this is true, if you are worried about the a few tenths in a 10 sec car or it's a daily in some highway hell. If not...

#1471 1 year ago

I liked my wifes 6 speed challenger SRT until my buddy let me drive his scatpack challenger with paddle shifter and in sport mode it shifted as hard as my race car, also when your driving a car with 500 hp its alot harder to keep the wheels from spinning in a manual. I remember in the 90s my wife had a 90 mustang lx 5.0 with an automatic, she wanted a 5 speed but her mom said no one would buy it with a manual, when she sold it she could not get anyone to buy it cause it had an automatic. Fast forward to a couple years ago we sold her 2010 challenger rt 6speed, we couldnt give it away cause it wasnt an auto, she had to special order it because no dealers had a 6speed. Times have changed

#1472 1 year ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

BUT can they take the punishment the 4 speed manual Toploader in my 70 Mustang takes.

At least for the past year they have.

#1473 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I would take the latest 10-speed auto over a 6-speed manual if I were ordering a new Camaro ZL1. Ten speeds should always keep the engine in its powerband and pre-loading the next gear should make for quick shifts in these modern automatics.

I totally agree that the addition of gears has made cars and trucks run smoother and more efficiently. Automatics are faster, get better gas mileage, and outperform manuals. The problem to me is automatics are no fun for a sports car. If I want a smooth fast car with an automatic or paddle shifter option I would probably look at a Cadillac XLR or Lexus. Going fast does not excite me, but taking on corners around town at high speeds, shifting gears does. If I only drove a sports car as my daily driver, it would be an automatic. I also have a 2018 Tacoma TRD sport and I would never buy a truck with a manual transmission. Why would you? Both of my trucks are automatics, but to me a sports car should be a manual to maximize the enjoyment while driving.

Still loving my STI, rowing through the 6 gears with turbo boost is what puts a smile on my face (;
GEDC5035.JPG

#1474 1 year ago

Amen Brother! Loving what the new auto's can do but other than my truck, wife and I are an all stick family. Sucks that we're losing more and more cars to no manual option. We have short shifters in all of them too. MGW in the stang.

IMG_6300 (resized).JPGIMG_6960 (resized).JPGIMG_8542 (resized).JPG
#1475 1 year ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Amen Brother! Loving what the new auto's can do but other than my truck, wife and I are an all stick family. Sucks that we're losing more and more cars to no manual option. We have short shifters in all of them too. MGW in the stang.

Amen brother! I also have a short throw in mine and it does help tremendously. We are a stick family and my wife enjoys driving the car as much as I do. I am disappointed with more and more manufactures eliminating the manual option. I had my sights set on the new Toyota Supra coming out because I am a huge Toyota fan, but only available in paddle shift has me thinking otherwise. Subaru is keeping the manual for WRX for now-thank god. Now I am checking out older model turbo cars like Lotus and Porsche's that have manual transmissions. I thought to myself the other day-I wonder what my son will have as an option when he turns 16? He is 5 now, but will it be all autonomous vehicles by then? Maybe I am old school, but I really am going to miss the stick shift option as they get phased out.

#1476 1 year ago

It would be interesting to see a graph that showed the various age groups with a percentage of how many know how to drive with a manual transmission.

I bet there are very few teenagers and 20 somethings that know how to drive a stick. Fast forward 30 years and how many will there be?

#1477 1 year ago

Mid forties guy who knows how to drive a stick.

Did losing your shifting hand to holding a cellphone and/or tapping paddles like a video game that appeals to younger drivers cause the death of the manual stick shifter? More and more stop and go traffic for stick shifters to deal with? Having to buy a car that appeals to a spouse also who may not like manual? Or just performance?

I love stick shifts. A lot more fun than automatic. I did have semi boring cars when I drove stick and still a blast. My Dad's 1984 Mercedes 190E with a stick for some reason?, my first car I bought a 1995 Honda Civic and 2002 MR2. I loved borrowing my friends sports cars or jeeps and driving with a stick. Love driving sticks but my wife didnt enjoy driving them, I live in ATL which has tough stop and go traffic. I really can't buy them anymore. It looks like the end is near.

#1478 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinless:

It would be interesting to see a graph that showed the various age groups with a percentage of how many know how to drive with a manual transmission.
I bet there are very few teenagers and 20 somethings that know how to drive a stick. Fast forward 30 years and how many will there be?

Hopefully, 30 years from now, self driving cars will actually be in use. There may even come a time when knowledge of operating a motor vehicle is completely unnecessary. It sucks because I'm one who loves to drive but I do look forward to the reduction of traffic autonomous cars will provide along with the reduction of accidents since all vehicles will eventually communicate with one another.

#1479 1 year ago

I won...

Wife: Why exactly are you repairing that thing (getting a new engine) and not buying a new car?

Me: It's purple!

auto (resized).jpg

Wife: THAT'S IT?!

Me: The rear spoiler moves?

Oh,... and I need it to listen to my TNA audio cassette!

#1480 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I won...
Wife: Why exactly are you repairing that thing (getting a new engine) and not buying a new car?
Me: It's purple!

Wife: THAT'S IT?!
Me: The rear spoiler moves?

Oh,... and I need it to listen to my TNA audio cassette!

Corrado for the win!

#1481 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

\. I also have a 2018 Tacoma TRD sport and I would never buy a truck with a manual transmission. Why would you? Both of my trucks are automatics, but to me a sports car should be a manual to maximize the enjoyment while driving.
Still loving my STI, rowing through the 6 gears with turbo boost is what puts a smile on my face (;

On a side note, what color did you opt for on the Tacoma? I went with Magnetic grey metallic, but now wish that I would have chosen Inferno orange..... wife says the more subdued color is more fitting for an older guy such as me (59), & that the wilder orange would make me look like an old guy trying to look cool.

#1482 1 year ago

My Camaro ZL1 is inferno orange.
My Shelby GT500 is torch red.
My Boss 302 is gotta-have-it green.

I guess I'm an old guy trying to look cool.

#1483 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

My Camaro ZL1 is inferno orange.
My Shelby GT500 is torch red.
My Boss 302 is gotta-have-it green.
I guess I'm an old guy trying to look cool.

You like the attention the colors bring. Years ago I went from Grabber Orange on the Mustang to black.

#1484 1 year ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You like the attention the colors bring. Years ago I went from Grabber Orange on the Mustang to black.

I had a bright red Camaro back in the day, cant tell you how many times I got pulled over for driving the speed limit, my old brown Valiant I could speed past a cop And he wouldnt even look at me.

#1485 1 year ago
Quoted from crlush:

I had a bright red Camaro back in the day, cant tell you how many times I got pulled over for driving the speed limit, my old brown Valiant I could speed past a cop And he wouldnt even look at me.

I got pulled over like that when it was black.....well it did look different from anything else on the road. The cops were car guys and just wanted to look at the car thank god.

img004 (resized).jpg
#1486 1 year ago
Quoted from tjprice222:

Hopefully, 30 years from now, self driving cars will actually be in use. There may even come a time when knowledge of operating a motor vehicle is completely unnecessary. It sucks because I'm one who loves to drive but I do look forward to the reduction of traffic autonomous cars will provide along with the reduction of accidents since all vehicles will eventually communicate with one another.

I pray I'll be dead before then. I can barely think of anything worse to happen. I know it's coming, it's not for me.

#1487 1 year ago

Got my wheels back on. 22 inch Nutek 755's in Carbon fiber.

0602181905a (resized).jpg
#1488 1 year ago

Gotta go with 30 inchers.....

And remember folks, once you leave Atlanta, you're in Georgia.....

IMG_44401 (resized).jpgIMG_44411 (resized).jpg
#1489 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Gotta go with 30 inchers.

Ugh. Anything bigger than 20s (or maybe 22s) start to look like old western wagon wheels.

#1490 1 year ago

MrBally - You have no heart downvoting my poor baby. ;-(

#1491 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

MrBally - You have no heart downvoting my poor baby. ;-(

That was an error. I love Corrado's. I had two IDENTICAL Sciroccos myself.

Corrected!

#1492 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I pray I'll be dead before then. I can barely think of anything worse to happen. I know it's coming, it's not for me.

Was the downvote really necessary?

#1493 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBally:

That was an error. I love Corrado's. I had two IDENTICAL Sciroccos myself.
Corrected!

Lol, thx! XD

(Loving the Scirocco Design as well.)

#1494 1 year ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I got pulled over like that when it was black.....well it did look different from anything else on the road. The cops were car guys and just wanted to look at the car thank god.

That car has a tough stance!

#1495 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Gotta go with 30 inchers.....

Not for me, but can appreciate that they had their own vision. As a car guy and especially one that only imagines customizing a car, anyone who takes a car in a different direction than I do has something in common with me. I can appreciate that.

#1496 1 year ago
Quoted from tjprice222:

Was the downvote really necessary?

Yes. Anybody looking forward to autonomous cars and the lack of freedom of movement isn't a car person. Not sorry but have a great Sunday!

#1497 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Ugh. Anything bigger than 20s (or maybe 22s) start to look like old western wagon wheels.

Agreed, even though I have 22's. Fortunately my rims and tires are pretty close to the same color, so they don't make the tires seems so small.

#1498 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yes. Anybody looking forward to autonomous cars and the lack of freedom of movement isn't a car person. Not sorry but have a great Sunday!

I can not contemplate using a driver-less car for personal use. If all you want is to go from point A to point B, there is a definite future and purpose.
For the independence, freedom and joy of driving, this is like a stake in the heart.

Ok, yes I would love to get some of those idiots out from behind the wheel... (:

#1499 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Quoted from Roostking:

I can not contemplate using a driver-less car for personal use. If all you want is to go from point A to point B, there is a definite future and purpose.
For the independence, freedom and joy of driving, this is like a stake in the heart.

Ok, yes I would love to get some of those idiots out from behind the wheel... (:

The risk and future problem will be if they ever limit non-automated drivers from the same roads. IMO the upside of automation is getting people who don't like to drive and aren't good at it, away from their own incompetence, making my drive much safer. Neither is perfect, give the option of who I share the road with, I'll trust a mindless robot over a distracted idiot any day.

#1500 1 year ago
Quoted from tjprice222:

silverunicorn - nice Eos! As a fellow VW fan, it’s my responsibility to recommend goapr.com if you haven’t checked them out already. The Stage 1 tune is the best dollar to performance mod available anywhere if you want to get some more power out of that 2.0T. I did it on my Tiguan and the difference is unbelievable.

Thanks! I will check out Goapr. Sounds like a no brainer

Chris

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Pinball Vault
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 59.00
$ 9,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 218.00
$ 35.00
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 95.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 27.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts
$ 29.95
$ 219.00
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 29.95
There are 1991 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 40.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside