IMG_9361 (resized).jpg
IMG_9360 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_7636313_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9215 (resized).jpg
EO5C2294 (resized).jpg
EO5C2328 (resized).jpg
EO5C2451 (resized).jpg
EO5C2452 (resized).jpg

There are 3,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 67.
#1051 6 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

My old ride I turned into pinball machines

That's sweet, was it worth it?

#1052 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Haven’t seen too many Civics that look like this ....
rd

True, but it no longer looks like a Corvette.

#1053 6 years ago

Haven't been on here in a while but awhile back i posted pics of my 67 comet, here it is with paint done. Todd

IMG_4887 (resized).jpgIMG_4887 (resized).jpg

IMG_4891 (resized).jpgIMG_4891 (resized).jpg

#1054 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

That's sweet, was it worth it?

I think so

#1055 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Was it worth it?

I wouldn't sell a car to get pins. But maybe the reverse? Occasionally I think about selling my BBB and my '64 Fender Stratocaster (both purchased new) to help fund buying another car, but I can never bring myself to sell either one. (And I already have five cars, so I certainly don't need another one.)

#1056 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

If I was moving to the USA, I’d go with a
Corvette I reckon. The same as you ... white car, black rims (pretty much the same as my Lexus RCF you see above ...). White/Black just looks sweet on any car IMO. And I’ve seen a lot of Vettes with that scheme since I’ve been here, including one this morning. Fixed roof for me though, don’t like convertibles.
Of course, 450hp is way more HP than you’ll ever need, unless you plan on going to the track.
But the Z06 is a pretty sweet package ...
What’s the price difference?
rd

The price difference with the Z07 aero ground effects package (wider cup tires, Brembo ceramic brakes) added to the Z06 puts it up about $35K over the Grand Sport. Any C7 without the aero package just looks incomplete. Still, I'm leaning towards the Z06 with Z07 package.

I think it's comparable to buying a new pin, whether it's "Pro" or "Premium" rarely do you ever regret buying a Premium.

C7-Corvette-Grand-Sport-With-Z06-1024x558 (resized).jpgC7-Corvette-Grand-Sport-With-Z06-1024x558 (resized).jpg

#1057 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

The price difference with the Z07 aero ground effects package (wider cup tires, Brembo ceramic brakes) added to the Z06 puts it up about $35K over the Grand Sport. Any C7 without the aero package just looks incomplete. Still, I'm leaning towards the Z06 with Z07 package.
I think it's comparable to buying a new pin, whether it's "Pro" or "Premium" rarely do you ever regret buying a Premium.

We have a 2017 Z06 with Z07 and 3LZ package in Sterling Blue Metallic. We purchased the car from Kerbeck Chevy in Atlantic City, NJ.

it's very quick and feels pretty good. Aesthetically, it's about as good as a new Corvette gets. I still don't love the design, but it's grown on me.

#1058 6 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

My old ride I turned into pinball machines

How many did you get?

#1059 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Looks great! Did it have a Vinyl Roof at one time? Beaumonts and Acadians in Canada, Chevelle and Nova in the USA. (Depending Year, and Body)

I thought the same thing about a vinyl roof until I did the research, turns out that if you ordered the custom trim package you could order option D-99 which is the rear chrome trim. It's actually stamped on the trim code badge.

IMG_20180111_174757 (resized).jpgIMG_20180111_174757 (resized).jpg

#1060 6 years ago
Quoted from MacLean:

The pin comparison is maybe a little off, because with a lot of the Stern pins the Pro is the way to go.

GOTG for example, why buy the more expensive models? You gain little except an emptier wallet.

With the Vette, if you sold the Z06 in say 4 years, do you get some of that $35k premium back when you sell it? By that, I mean if it’s $95,000 now and the other one is $60,000 now, in 4 years are they worth say $60,000 and say $35,000 respectively? Or does the cheaper model lose less value? I don’t know the market for used cars here. In NZ they halve in about 3 years.

That’d factor into my thinking if I was buying. But that’s me.

Hey, I’d probably take $50k with me and go buy this one. Cause I’m a tightass

orangecounty.craigslist.org link

rd

#1062 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The pin comparison is maybe a little off, because with a lot of the Stern pins the Pro is the way to go.
GOTG for example, why buy the more expensive models? You gain little except an emptier wallet.
With the Vette, if you sold the Z06 in say 4 years, do you get some of that $35k premium back when you sell it? By that, I mean if it’s $95,000 now and the other one is $60,000 now, in 4 years are they worth say $60,000 and say $35,000 respectively? Or does the cheaper model lose less value?

I'd say the Z06 would retain it's value, greater than the Grand Sport. The extra 200 hp alone is worth the additional cash, IMO.

#1063 6 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

How many did you get?

I bought a few, paid some debts and gave the wife some.

#1064 6 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

I bought a few,

I should have bought your Mustang when you offered it, I thought you gave it away considering how much you had into it.
On the flipside, you bought pins with the funds and started a successful route and now (hopefully) making a little money off it. Smart move Bud, it was a nice car but I personally would rather have pins instead of cars. Plus everyone in Indianapolis is very thankful to have an operator who keeps his machines tip top. No regrets

#1065 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

With the Vette, if you sold the Z06 in say 4 years, do you get some of that $35k premium back when you sell it? By that, I mean if it’s $95,000 now and the other one is $60,000 now, in 4 years are they worth say $60,000 and say $35,000 respectively? Or does the cheaper model lose less value? I don’t know the market for used cars here. In NZ they halve in about 3 years.
That’d factor into my thinking if I was buying. But that’s me.
Hey, I’d probably take $50k with me and go buy this one. Cause I’m a tightass
orangecounty.craigslist.org link
rd

Hmm I am getting older. That's pretty bad ass!!

#1066 6 years ago

Best thing I did was skip the vette and go straight to the Viper. Way more fun to drive. Still not used to all the people taking pictures of it yet tho

#1067 6 years ago
Quoted from Cruster:

Best thing I did was skip the vette and go straight to the Viper. Way more fun to drive. Still not used to all the people taking pictures of it yet tho

GTS or ACR?

Which interior did you go with?

#1068 6 years ago

Audi S6 Avant Quattro
Just your everyday 340-hp, 155-mph family station wagon

GMC Sierra and my Featherlite Utility Trailer : Pinball hauler / Outdoorsman Toy box

Porsche Black 2.7L 986 TTP intake, headers, high-flow cats; Dansk high-flow muffler; Autothority ECU chip; TechnoTorque 2; Bilstein coilovers; Racing Dynamics strut brace; stress-bar suspension kit; Aasco lightweight flywheel, B&M short shiftkit; 18" wheels; spare tire delete; OEM GT3 seats; JL audio speakers and subwoofer; Alpine PDX-5/PDX-2 amps; Kenwood DNX8120 CD/DVD/Nav; litronics, deambered

Audi S6 (resized).JPGAudi S6 (resized).JPG

Culebra Pl 2017 (resized).jpgCulebra Pl 2017 (resized).jpg

2017 Porsche boxter S (resized).JPG2017 Porsche boxter S (resized).JPG

#1069 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Audi S6 Avant Quattro

Why does the picture look like an elephant sat on it?

Quoted from RobKnapp:

GMC Sierra and my Featherlite Utility Trailer

A better picture of very nicely collected piles of leaves than of the truck.

Quoted from RobKnapp:

Porsche Black 2.7L 986

Again, why does the picture look like an elephant sat on the car?

#1070 6 years ago

Well duh.. they've been lowered.

#1071 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Well duh.. they've been lowered.

Flatened is the new lowered!!

#1072 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Why does the picture look like an elephant sat on it?

A better picture of very nicely collected piles of leaves than of the truck.

Again, why does the picture look like an elephant sat on the car?

I do not know it pisses me off . I just upgraded my iPhone and not sure as the camera is suppose to be the best. User error I guess . Same shit with friends SWLE photo .

STARWARS LE (resized).JPGSTARWARS LE (resized).JPG

#1073 6 years ago

Paint is down, now wet sand then clear then wet sand, well you know the drill..

20180112_174148 (resized).jpg20180112_174148 (resized).jpg

20180112_174215 (resized).jpg20180112_174215 (resized).jpg

20180116_172635 (resized).jpg20180116_172635 (resized).jpg

20180116_172659(1) (resized).jpg20180116_172659(1) (resized).jpg

#1074 6 years ago

That's too bad. Maybe do what you can to try to cheer the paint up?

#1075 6 years ago

I've been looking around for a new to me truck....it's really disheartening to see what the current models for trucks are. Only 3 from chevy, ecoboost crap from ford, and rotary dial shifters from dodge. Toyota TRD looks to be the best of the bunch. I'm thinking of finding a clean avalanche instead and dropping a forced induction 6.0 in it.

#1076 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Black is so hard to keep looking nice. Every little mark is like a magnifying glass looking through a microscope.

#1077 6 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I've been looking around for a new to me truck

How about going old school ... something like a restored El Camino or C10?

I sort of fancy getting one of those ...

rd

#1078 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

F yes Paul!
That looks awesome!

#1079 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

That's too bad. Maybe do what you can to try to cheer the paint up?

#1080 6 years ago
Quoted from Badamack:

F yes Paul!
That looks awesome!

Thanks, I'm gonna have a Welcome Home party when it comes back.....oh and pinball and pool will be included in the party. This will be it's first permanent home since I bought it almost 48 years ago. You'll be invited.

#1081 6 years ago

That looks like you are going to have a big rear tire with the fender flare. I can't wait see you do a burn out.

#1082 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

That looks like you are going to have a big rear tire with the fender flare. I can't wait see you do a burn out.

They are 295 x 50 x 15s on 10 inch original American CP 200s with black painted spoke sides and center hub and 3 blade spinners with the 5 sided knock off look center caps. The suspension is set up for road racing not doing burn outs, if I break the tires loose I'm doing something wrong.

#1083 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

They are 295 x 50 x 15s on 10 inch original American CP 200s with black painted spoke sides and center hub and 3 blade spinners with the 5 sided knock off look center caps. The suspension is set up for road racing not doing burn outs, if I break the tires loose I'm doing something wrong.

I had that exact wheel tire combo on the back of my 78 Ranchero back in the early 80's. The wild part was it fit without any mods. Also had 265/50's on the front.

#1084 6 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

I had that exact wheel tire combo on the back of my 78 Ranchero back in the early 80's. The wild part was it fit without any mods. Also had 265/50's on the front.

Way cool, I just can't part with those wheels they look sooooo good. I had that size on the 8 inch fronts also. I had BFG Euro TA's on the rims, they were 130 mph tires but they were to old to run. Only one company, Micky Thompson makes 130 mph big 15 inch tires so that's what I'm going with. Got the fronts but need the backs. Here's the backs.

mtt-6626_lf_w_xl (resized).jpgmtt-6626_lf_w_xl (resized).jpg

#1085 6 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I've been looking around for a new to me truck

Quoted from robertmee:

Toyota TRD looks to be the best of the bunch

I think the Toyota Tacoma is the best because of the overall quality. It is an expensive truck for a mid-size but very reliable, and resale value is unbelievable. Our new Tacoma is so smooth it feels like you are driving a car and not a truck. I think it is the perfect size as well. I do like the look of the Chevy Colorado's, but for the money I would rather spend a little more and get a Toyota. When you decide to sell or trade in, you will recoup the majority of your investment.

Quoted from rotordave:

Well the family sold the 1969 C10 (edit Ford F-150) with 77K miles years ago because it was not an ideal vehicle for the modern family. It made the garage stink like gasoline all the time and was not very practical. Sold it to an owner of large ranch, now it gets used the way it should.

1969 C10.jpg1969 C10.jpg
1969 C10 engine.jpg1969 C10 engine.jpg

#1086 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

I have been looking at everything from C10's, older wranglers, D100's, etc. I have no problem building a retro-mod, but I've been hesitant on a C10 because I want extended cab. I've seen a few stretched, but body work is my limitation...I'm a nut/bolts/electric guy. I think the first extended cabs were introduced early 70's but they're so blah looking. I really like the look of the Avalanche...I'd heard rumors that Chevy was going to bring them back, but nothing concrete. Being from where you from, how about sending me a Ute

#1087 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I think the Toyota Tacoma is the best because of the overall quality. It is an expensive truck for a mid-size but very reliable, and resale value is unbelievable. Our new Tacoma is so smooth it feels like you are driving a car and not a truck. I think it is the perfect size as well. I do like the look of the Chevy Colorado's, but for the money I would rather spend a little more and get a Toyota. When you decide to sell or trade in, you will recoup the majority of your investment.

Well the family sold the 1969 C10 with 77K miles years ago because it was not an ideal vehicle for the modern family. It made the garage stink like gasoline all the time and was not very practical. Sold it to an owner of large ranch, now it gets used the way it should.

Beautiful C10!! I love to see engine bays well taken care of.

#1088 6 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Beautiful C10!! I love to see engine bays well taken care of.

It was a nice example for sure. It was hard to let go, wanted to keep it but it would not have gotten driven much. Check out the original interior...

1969 C10 interior.jpg1969 C10 interior.jpg

#1089 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Well the family sold the 1969 C10 with 77K miles years ago because it was not an ideal vehicle for the modern family. It made the garage stink like gasoline all the time and was not very practical. Sold it to an owner of large ranch, now it gets used the way it should.

Umm, that's a Ford F-series....

#1090 6 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

You're right....I can always tell by the fender wells....Fords are flat, Chevy's are round. I didn't even really pay attention...lol

#1091 6 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Yes sorry 1969 F-150 Ford series, for some reason I labeled the pictures as a C10 series

#1092 6 years ago

In the next month I will be getting my driving license back. I had a stroke and three brain surgeries. I have not driven in a couple years. Soon I will be driving our bmw 300e it's like 4 weeks old.

I drove many miles before my surgeries. I drove for a living. Grainger industrial supply.

Soon I will be driving again. I am going to spend the next year or so driving the bmw.

Then a sports car like a challenger. I'm so excited because I will be driving again.

Once I can drive again I will be at this place atleast 1 day a week or so.

https://www.google.com/search?q=getty+center&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#fid=0x80c2bcd74227366f:0xda784a5a15aaaa25&fpstate=luuv&imagekey=!1e1!2shttps://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/03/Aerial_Getty_Museum.jpg/1200px-Aerial_Getty_Museum.jpg&trex=m_t:lcl_akp,rc_f:nav,rc_ludocids:15742414248244587045,rc_q:The%2520Getty%252C%25201200%2520Getty%2520Center%2520Dr%252C%2520Los%2520Angeles%252C%2520CA%252090049,ru_q:The%2520Getty%252C%25201200%2520Getty%2520Center%2520Dr%252C%2520Los%2520Angeles%252C%2520CA%252090049&viewerState=ga

#1093 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

In the next month I will be getting my driving license back. I had a stroke and three brain surgeries. I have not driven in a couple years. Soon I will be driving our bmw 300e it's like 4 weeks old.
I drove many miles before my surgeries. I drove for a living. Grainger industrial supply.
Soon I will be driving again. I am going to spend the next year or so driving the bmw.
Then a sports car like a challenger. I'm so excited because I will be driving again.

#1094 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Once I can drive again I will be at this place atleast 1 day a week or so.
https://www.google.com/search?q=getty+center&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#fid=0x80c2bcd74227366f:0xda784a5a15aaaa25&fpstate=luuv&imagekey=!1e1!2shttps://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/03/Aerial_Getty_Museum.jpg/1200px-Aerial_Getty_Museum.jpg&trex=m_t:lcl_akp,rc_f:nav,rc_ludocids:15742414248244587045,rc_q:The%2520Getty%252C%25201200%2520Getty%2520Center%2520Dr%252C%2520Los%2520Angeles%252C%2520CA%252090049,ru_q:The%2520Getty%252C%25201200%2520Getty%2520Center%2520Dr%252C%2520Los%2520Angeles%252C%2520CA%252090049&viewerState=ga

God Speed to a great recovery!

#1095 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I'm so excited because I will be driving again.

Congrats on the recovery. 2017 was a similar year for me and getting back behind the wheel is awesome!! Best of luck moving forward

#1096 6 years ago

For the Mustang and Steve McQueen followers out there. My Hagerty insurance email subscription sent me a link to a new story Larry Webster just authored;
Found: The real Bullitt Mustang that Steve McQueen tried (and Failed) to Buy: Honour Thy Father

It's the story of how the car was commuter for a Hollywood film editor, bought from the movie studio in 1971 by a police officer and shipped to New Jersey in 1974 then sold to the last owner Bob Kiernan in 1977 (from whom Steve McQueen tried to buy it from) where his wife drove it as a daily driver for three years until the clutch gave out with 65,000 miles on it. It was retired into a series of garages until 1994 where it wound up in a two car garage on a small horse farm in Kentucky. Bob and his son Sean knew what they had, wanted to restore it but wanted to respect it for what it was. So they kept it a secret known only to themselves for many years. Until 2015. From there it is the story of the restoration.

Very cool story

#1097 6 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

I can not wait to see pictures of your final product. I have always loved Mustangs and yours looks like it is going to be something special. The rear fender extensions almost remind of a RWB Porsche 911, but you have a nice clean look, not screwed in.

#1098 6 years ago

Looking for a good paint shop that can do a little body work for my 66 convertible mustang in the SoCal area. If anybody can recommend someone I’d appreciate it.

#1099 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I can not wait to see pictures of your final product. I have always loved Mustangs and yours looks like it is going to be something special. The rear fender extensions almost remind of a RWB Porsche 911, but you have a nice clean look, not screwed in.

Was that meant for me Ryan?

#1100 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Was that meant for me Ryan?

Oops, yes it was.

There are 3,313 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-car-club/page/22?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.