IMG_20240407_141221695 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240407_135817543 (resized).jpg
20240406_115430 (resized).jpg
20240406_115423 (resized).jpg
20240406_115419 (resized).jpg
Toyota 1980s jumping.gif
Toyota jumping.jpg
Landcruiser (resized).jpg
There are 3,335 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 67.
#901 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Extreme parenting.

68 or 69? I had a 69 Fairlane and loved that dash.

#902 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

I just love the classic muscle car looks. The new Camaros, Mustangs, and Corvettes are better handling out of the box but their looks don't do it for me personally.

Agree but do like that its brought a LOT of new blood into the hobby. Sure a lot of milenials and some younger are leanding into ridesharing and autonomous cars, there's a real resurgence in enthusiasts. It may be a new golden period, but hoping that caries enough to keep a strong aftermarket and hobby.

#903 6 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I've been thinking about subframe connectors for quite some,time already, time to pull the trigger

1 week later
#904 6 years ago

My car and garage back in the day.

mustang2 (resized).JPGmustang2 (resized).JPG

mustang1 (resized).JPGmustang1 (resized).JPG

#905 6 years ago

My 400hp family hauler. Bolted and running E85.

ATT20370 (resized).jpgATT20370 (resized).jpg

#906 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

My 400hp family hauler. Bolted and running E85.

I like the little Mazda's but never see them modified. Is that all bolt on Turbo or is there an aftermarket to build up the mazda engines?

#907 6 years ago
Quoted from guss:

That stang is pretty cool.Is it actually 4WD and if it is how did you do it.

#908 6 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

That stang is pretty cool.Is it actually 4WD and if it is how did you do it.

Yes it is 4WD, setting on a jeep Commando frame.

#909 6 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

I like the little Mazda's but never see them modified. Is that all bolt on Turbo or is there an aftermarket to build up the mazda engines?

It's stock with a KO4 turbo. There's everything from larger, bolt on turbo kits to huge turbos requiring a built motor. There's a pretty good aftermarket for the mazdaspeeds.

#910 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Ford makes what is called a Black Ops Edition of there F150 F250 and F350. I had this one custom built by them off the platinum level truck. Then we really went to work. Beefed up the suspension. Engine got the ROUSH Super Charger. Front and Rear all steel tactical bumpers. Gun Safes for Assault Rifles and Gun Safe for Hand Guns. 12,000 pound winch and Lots of other features to long to list. Best part is the all glass panoramic roof and heated and cooled massaging seats. I know very expensive toy. imagine how many more pins I could have owned if I did not get this BEAST.
I love it consider myself very fortunate to own it. This thing gets so many looks. Photo op every time it is in a parking lot. I like that other people enjoy it as I do.

Where are the gun safes mounted. My raptor could use that.

#911 6 years ago

Picked up a 17 taco today.

20171011_175723 (resized).jpg20171011_175723 (resized).jpg

#912 6 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Quoted from guss:

You took the front and rear suspension off the mustang unibody and bolted it to the jeep frame?

#913 6 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

You took the front and rear suspension off the mustang unibody and bolted it to the jeep frame?

Yep

#914 6 years ago

The steering linkage must have been a bitch though.

#915 6 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

The steering linkage must have been a bitch though.

Not really just a little welding.

#916 6 years ago

Under the back seats full long gun safe and in the center console is the other safe. Will post pictures soon.

#917 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

NICE.
I have been longing after one of those for a while now... My good old '93 22RE 4x4 pickup @ 300,000+ miles is due for retirement.... but the damn thing still runs great.

Looking at a 2017 4x4 Tacoma double cab, long bed, TRD sport, automatic. Probably Charcoal metallic.
Though I do like the cement color too, but that's available only in the high zoot model.

#918 6 years ago

Hopefully I'll get 300k miles out of this one.

#919 6 years ago

Just got a Morgan a few weeks ago. Weather has been nice and got 450 miles on it already.

IMG_5648 (resized).JPGIMG_5648 (resized).JPG

IMG_5670 (resized).JPGIMG_5670 (resized).JPG

#920 6 years ago

Pin hauler: 2010 Suburban

Weekend fun: 1991 Alfa Romeo Spider and 1999 Porsche 911 Cabriolet

alfa and 911 (resized).jpgalfa and 911 (resized).jpg

IMG_1761 (resized).JPGIMG_1761 (resized).JPG

#921 6 years ago

New member. One of my many interests - Mopars.

The 69' is completed. Original everything (except the garbage AVS carb), number matching throughout. Because it's stock, she drives like a boat, but does pin you back in the seat under mild acceleration.
The 68' (on body jig) was my first car upon receiving Driver License some 41 years ago! I bastardized the car in my teenage years, so very little is original.
All new steel (AMD), new chrome, full US Car Tool frame stiffening kit, upgraded suspension, pearl white interior, etc. She's currently in the blocking and priming stages. Paint shall be 2014 Dodge Challenger sublime. 440 six-pak, Dana, 4-speed, console pistol grip - all the Mopar goodies!

Oh, R/C model airplanes too - my true vice

Mopar goodies!

Oh, R/C model airplanes - my true vice

69' Charger - side view #2 (resized).JPG69' Charger - side view #2 (resized).JPG

AMD Charger restoration - car on rack #2 -  04-27-2017 (resized).jpgAMD Charger restoration - car on rack #2 - 04-27-2017 (resized).jpg

DSC00067 (resized).JPGDSC00067 (resized).JPG

#922 6 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Oh, the humanity.

#923 6 years ago
Quoted from Cappi:

Just got a Morgan a few weeks ago. Weather has been nice and got 450 miles on it already.

I've been eyeballing those Morgan 3-wheelers for some time. Keep us up to date to if you like it, hate it, and how it holds up.

#924 6 years ago
Quoted from Nickrc3:

The 69' is completed. Original everything (except the garbage AVS carb), number matching throughout. Because it's stock, she drives like a boat, but does pin you back in the seat under mild acceleration.
The 68' (on body jig) was my first car upon receiving Driver License some 41 years ago! I bastardized the car in my teenage years, so very little is original.
All new steel (AMD), new chrome, full US Car Tool frame stiffening kit, upgraded suspension, pearl white interior, etc. She's currently in the blocking and priming stages. Paint shall be 2014 Dodge Challenger sublime. 440 six-pak, Dana, 4-speed, console pistol grip - all the Mopar goodies!

Awesome Chargers!! Why not go with a modern Hemi on the 68?

#925 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Is that the new 'dumptruck' meal at Tacobell? Good thing you had that sweet pickup to carry all of those taco's and TP home.

#926 6 years ago

My latest pin hauler (as long as there is no highway driving).

IMG_0769 (resized).JPGIMG_0769 (resized).JPG

IMG_0771 (resized).JPGIMG_0771 (resized).JPG

#927 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

1969 Ford Torino GT. 351W with a 4 speed. Bought it as a wreck and spent nearly three years rebuilding it.
Kind of goes with pinball - I love rebuilding anything mechanical.

I had that same car
with a 428 Cobra Jet !

#928 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

That's awesome, I always thought of getting a 60's era Dodge A100, which is sort of like yours.

#929 6 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

That's awesome, I always thought of getting a 60's era Dodge A100, which is sort of like yours.

Not really.....that Honda is one of the Jap utility vehicles....You can find them all over ebay/CL, but in most states they are not registerable. Some states allow for limited use, like 35mph and under. Most states, not at all. I looked at them a few months ago, but in my county/state it was a near impossibility to register so I gave up.

#930 6 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Congrats, best truck I have ever owned

You are going to love it and with the long bed it makes for a great pinhauler!

#931 6 years ago
Quoted from Nickrc3:

Your issue is you need a WING on your car. I just strap pins to the wing nice and tight! lol No pin hauling allowed JK! Would be the ultimate pin hauler but I don't mess with perfection.

image003 (resized).jpgimage003 (resized).jpg

#932 6 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Not really.....that Honda is one of the Jap utility vehicles....You can find them all over ebay/CL, but in most states they are not registerable. Some states allow for limited use, like 35mph and under. Most states, not at all. I looked at them a few months ago, but in my county/state it was a near impossibility to register so I gave up.

I mean as far as that general look, like the pic I attached.

1966-dodge-a100-pickup-front-three-quarter (resized).jpg1966-dodge-a100-pickup-front-three-quarter (resized).jpg

#933 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

That is awesome

#934 6 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Correct. Japanese market only Honda Acty. They are registerable for street use for sure in 21 states. Definitely not in some and questionable in several. Mine is fairly modified cosmetically. Still has the original drivetrain. Will drive at 55 or so easily but gets a little sketchy above that. Sure makes a hit at Cars & Coffee and won an award in the truck class at a recent car show.

#935 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

Think that's small ... one of my buddies has a Daihatsu Midget for his pinhauler.

It has one seat! Tray is just big enough for a pin.

I think the engines in these are 660cc. Maybe 850cc.

rd

IMG_7126 (resized).JPGIMG_7126 (resized).JPG
IMG_7127 (resized).JPGIMG_7127 (resized).JPG
IMG_7125 (resized).JPGIMG_7125 (resized).JPG

#936 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

Correct. Japanese market only Honda Acty. They are registerable for street use for sure in 21 states. Definitely not in some and questionable in several. Mine is fairly modified cosmetically. Still has the original drivetrain. Will drive at 55 or so easily but gets a little sketchy above that. Sure makes a hit at Cars & Coffee and won an award in the truck class at a recent car show.

Yes, one reason I wanted one....I like to drive unusual sh** . I was on a motorcycle ride a few months ago, and happened upon a tow truck lot and they had a half a dozen of them sitting in the yard in various states of condition. That's when I became interested in them and started the research. I could use them in my area as a farm vehicle, but since I don't own a farm, it was a non-starter. The reason the tow yard had so many, is they couldn't get them registered either. So to sell them, was near impossible. I always wondered where they came from tho and how the yard ended up with so many.

#937 6 years ago
Quoted from Cappi:

Just got a Morgan a few weeks ago.

Quoted from RyanStl:

I've been eyeballing those Morgan 3-wheelers for some time.

Three-wheeler? I thought the two wheels in front are for steering and the back end is a hovercraft.

#938 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Three-wheeler? I thought the two wheels in front are for steering and the back end is a hovercraft.

<Insert Not Sure if Serious Meme>

#939 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Think that's small ... one of my buddies has a Daihatsu Midget for his pinhauler.
It has one seat! Tray is just big enough for a pin.
I think the engines in these are 660cc. Maybe 850cc.
rd

That is real power. Mine is 547cc. Lol.

#940 6 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I like your thinking

IMG_1153 (resized).JPGIMG_1153 (resized).JPG

#941 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Awesome Chargers!! Why not go with a modern Hemi on the 68?

...I actually gave this suggestion some thought, however, I've got the 440 six-pack engine ready to go. Also, after decades of working on RB engines, I feel confident on my ability to repair anything that may fail. Modern or early Hemi's - good luck.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Your issue is you need a WING on your car. I just strap pins to the wing nice and tight! lol No pin hauling allowed JK! Would be the ultimate pin hauler but I don't mess with perfection.

Yeah, I do need a wing warrior. Since Mopar made 1923 Superbirds, I'm currently looking. My problem though, is I personally feel they're not worth what the market dictates.

#942 6 years ago

No pin hauler sadly, but this is my daily driver, 1978 Nova.

2017-10-17_09-30-06 (resized).jpg2017-10-17_09-30-06 (resized).jpg

#943 6 years ago
Quoted from Nickrc3:

...I actually gave this suggestion some thought, however, I've got the 440 six-pack engine ready to go. Also, after decades of working on RB engines, I feel confident on my ability to repair anything that may fail. Modern or early Hemi's - good luck.

I had a feeling the 440 was already built. Remember, these new hemis run for hundreds of thousands of miles.

but a 440 Six Pak, when that hood is lifted, well nothing looks better!!!

#944 6 years ago

If this is the last day of producing Holden's in Australia, what is going to happen now? Rebadged GMs being imported as Holden's? Worse yet, rebadged Isuzu's and Suzuki's?
Will Holden Dealerships, be taking down signage, to be replaced by Chevrolet, Buick, and Cadillac signage?

#945 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

If this is the last day of producing Holden's in Australia, what is going to happen now? Rebadged GMs being imported as Holden's? Worse yet, rebadged Isuzu's and Suzuki's?
Will Holden Dealerships, be taking down signage, to be replaced by Chevrolet, Buick, and Cadillac signage?

The Holden name will continue.

For many years, other GM cars have been sold in Aus/NZ under the Holden badge anyway. Opels from Europe and something GM from Korea.

The original Commodore (the Chevrolet SS) was based on an Opel.

The new imported Commodore is also an Opel, the Opel Insignia made in Europe.

rd

74FC0C8E-2C04-4BB0-B5D2-96FAC245CB81 (resized).jpeg74FC0C8E-2C04-4BB0-B5D2-96FAC245CB81 (resized).jpeg

#946 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Opels from Europe and something GM from Korea.

From Korea, think that is a Daewoo. When I posted the above comment, I had only seen a tiny story, there is a larger news article on the Internet. That Holdens are going to be built in lower cost to build areas of the world. So, as you state Holden will continue, good. GM then is following Ford on no longer assembling autos in Australia.

Rebadging autos is nothing new, just sort of seems a shame that the economy has created this, and consumers not buying their domestic cars, or as with most consumers just wanting the cheapest thing on the store shelf. Not willing to buy or look for a domestic product.

Some Buicks are now built in China and imported to the USA, and Canada. GM can source vehicles from Europe, Great Britain, China, South America, Mexico, and Canada. North America had the Opel Omega here for 3 years, it was a Cadillac Catera. The Pontiac G8 was a Holden, this globalization will continue.

#947 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

From Korea, think that is a Daewoo. When I posted the above comment, I had only seen a tiny story, there is a larger news article on the Internet. That Holdens are going to be built in lower cost to build areas of the world. So, as you state Holden will continue, good. GM then is following Ford on no longer assembling autos in Australia.
Rebadging autos is nothing new, just sort of seems a shame that the economy has created this, and consumers not buying their domestic cars, or as with most consumers just wanting the cheapest thing on the store shelf. Not willing to buy or look for a domestic product.
Some Buicks are now built in China and imported to the USA, and Canada. GM can source vehicles from Europe, Great Britain, China, South America, Mexico, and Canada. North America had the Opel Omega here for 3 years, it was a Cadillac Catera. The Pontiac G8 was a Holden, this globalization will continue.

The new car is an rebadged Opel Insignia, made in Germany. It's the same car as the 2018 Buick Regal. I can see Holden becoming a much less popular brand here in the next few years. When Nissan and Mitsubishi pulled out here there seemed to be a lot less of their cars around

#948 6 years ago

Guessing that this puts an end to those Utes, made by GM and Ford? So no more of these wonderful cars.

thVFT5REDD.jpgHoldenSS (resized).jpgthVFT5REDD.jpgHoldenSS (resized).jpg
2005-ford-falcon-xr8-boss-260-ute-chermside-brisbane-north-east-image-7_7db6d (resized).jpg2005-ford-falcon-xr8-boss-260-ute-chermside-brisbane-north-east-image-7_7db6d (resized).jpg

#949 6 years ago
Quoted from Cappi:

Just got a Morgan a few weeks ago.

nice, but the Porsche 911 is sweeeet!

#950 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Guessing that this puts an end to those Utes, made by GM and Ford? So no more of these wonderful cars.

Real utes are now a thing of the past, will be harder to find one to update this one down the track

16299347_10212267107620967_2337920439524979861_n (resized).jpg16299347_10212267107620967_2337920439524979861_n (resized).jpg

There are 3,335 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-car-club/page/19?hl=nickrc3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.