IMG_20240407_141221695 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240407_135817543 (resized).jpg
20240406_115430 (resized).jpg
20240406_115423 (resized).jpg
20240406_115419 (resized).jpg
Toyota 1980s jumping.gif
Toyota jumping.jpg
Landcruiser (resized).jpg
There are 3,335 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 67.
#751 6 years ago

Decided to take the day off and cruise my neighborhood. There is no car I would rather drive and no place I'd rather live.

IMG_0586 (resized).JPGIMG_0586 (resized).JPG
IMG_0606 (resized).JPGIMG_0606 (resized).JPG
IMG_0607 (resized).JPGIMG_0607 (resized).JPG
IMG_0610 (resized).JPGIMG_0610 (resized).JPG

#752 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Decided to take the day off and cruise my neighborhood. There is no car I would rather drive and no place I'd rather live.

Nice looking beast!

#753 6 years ago

My new toy. Thanks to Brandon ford and a very cool pinsider.

IMG_1764 (resized).JPGIMG_1764 (resized).JPG

IMG_1814 (resized).JPGIMG_1814 (resized).JPG

IMG_1896 (resized).JPGIMG_1896 (resized).JPG

IMG_1897 (resized).JPGIMG_1897 (resized).JPG

#754 6 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

My new toy. Thanks to Brandon ford and a very cool pinsider.

Now that is what I call a pin hauler. Nice truck. none of this "will it fit" crap.

#755 6 years ago

Jealous about all the cars you can drive over there
In belgium it's kinda financial suïcide to buy such cars. We are paying 5.90€/USD for a gallon of petrol. Buying a new high BHP would cost you 2500€ or 5000€ inscription tax and we have to pay annual roadtaxes, normal cars 350€, >BHP 1000€-2500€ each year.

If I would rebuy my sold Mercedes c270 diesel, I would have payed 1250€ inscription, 1000€ annual tax

Ooh, and before you flame our almost free healthcare system and social security backup, we have a 40-50% wage taxrate...

#756 6 years ago

I spotted a car last week that really caught my eye. I see lots of nice cars but this one was special with the color. It was a 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS in a unique color-Ultra Violet. I asked the owner if they had it custom painted and he replied that it was a stock color. It is stunning in person and one of the coolest cars I have ever seen.

911 GT3 RS Ultra Violet...jpg911 GT3 RS Ultra Violet...jpg

911 GT3 RS Ultra Violet.jpg911 GT3 RS Ultra Violet.jpg

#757 6 years ago

Can't blame Porsche for ripping off MOPAR's most famous color I guess.

Looks like a wannabe Plum Crazy to me.

IMG_1185 (resized).JPGIMG_1185 (resized).JPG

#758 6 years ago

So here is my quick story. I had a 1968 vw bus in high school (2006) and I sold it when I went to college. After graduating all I wanted was to get another bus. Well in the four years I was in college bus prices went through the roof. It took me almost 5 years of craigslist wanted ads to finally find my dream bus. I found a 1975 Westy in a barn at a price I couldn't pass up. Shes my daily driver in the summer and my Girlfriend and I take her camping almost every weekend. She turns heads everywhere we go and people always stop me to talk about how they never wish they let their bus go.

IMG_5426 (resized).JPGIMG_5426 (resized).JPG

2016-09-26[1] (resized).jpg2016-09-26[1] (resized).jpg

IMG_5425 (resized).JPGIMG_5425 (resized).JPG

#759 6 years ago

Haven't found a way to cram a pin in yet...

IMG_3640 (resized).JPGIMG_3640 (resized).JPG

#760 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Dodge Magnum Hemi that only went through 2 transmissions in 70k

Must have just gotten a lemon. My wife and I have owned four consecutive vehicles with Hemi's and have never had a single problem. My current is a 6.4L SRT.

#761 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Must have just gotten a lemon. My wife and I have owned four consecutive vehicles with Hemi's and have never had a single problem. My current is a 6.4L SRT.

I owned two as well .. a 2005 300C SRT8, and a challenger with the same drivetrain. No engine or transmission problems with either one.

#762 6 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

... and people always stop me to talk about how they never wish they let their bus go.

Buses are coming back with a vengeance.

#763 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

That's because people like public transportation in urban areas.

#764 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Sure are! Split window buses are going for 40k+. Even bay windows like my bus are fetching 20+k. Glad I found the deal I did, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to afford it.

#765 6 years ago

We just finished a 23 day, 15 state over 7,000 mile trip in a 2015 Challenger. I had no problems with the car at all and pulled 26.5mpg overall. The Challenger was quite popular at some of the stops and was always fun blasting thru the mountains. This is my 5th dodge and I am a huge fan of the Hemi, the front suspension on the older (my 2007 Charger and Magnum) not so much.

chally2 (resized).jpgchally2 (resized).jpg

chally31m (resized).jpgchally31m (resized).jpg

chally887 (resized).jpgchally887 (resized).jpg

Inkedch8_LI (resized).jpgInkedch8_LI (resized).jpg

Inkedchally93_LI (resized).jpgInkedchally93_LI (resized).jpg

chally8 (resized).jpgchally8 (resized).jpg

Inkedchally95_LI (resized).jpgInkedchally95_LI (resized).jpg

#766 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

My buddy has a 2005 magnum and it has the Diamler trans in it and has had some problems, my other friend had one and he took it back so many time even though he had a warranty he ended up trading it in one day, said he was tired of dropping it off to the dealer.

#767 6 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Just got my car lift today to stack cars!

Really interested in your experience with this. How much garage height do you have? Do you park your daily driver underneath? Ease of install?

#768 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I spotted a car last week that really caught my eye. I see lots of nice cars but this one was special with the color. It was a 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS in a unique color-Ultra Violet. I asked the owner if they had it custom painted and he replied that it was a stock color. It is stunning in person and one of the coolest cars I have ever seen.

Yes it is stock. A friend of mine has one.

#769 6 years ago
Quoted from mikehay1:

We just finished a 23 day, 15 state over 7,000 mile trip in a 2015 Challenger. I had no problems with the car at all and pulled 26.5mpg overall. The Challenger was quite popular at some of the stops and was always fun blasting thru the mountains. This is my 5th dodge and I am a huge fan of the Hemi, the front suspension on the older (my 2007 Charger and Magnum) not so much.

How was the brothel?

#770 6 years ago

The brothel was a cool little cabin at the campground in Moab. There was also the Jail, Bank and Mayor cabins in our little corner. Only a double bed and bunk bed with a fridge in them but then again how much room do you really need in a brothel? The red light out front didn't cut it, I was hoping for a disco ball

#771 6 years ago
Quoted from mikehay1:

The brothel was a cool little cabin at the campground in Moab. There was also the Jail, Bank and Mayor cabins in our little corner. Only a double bed and bunk bed with a fridge in them but then again how much room do you really need in a brothel? The red light out front didn't cut it, I was hoping for a disco ball

Moab rocks.

#772 6 years ago

arch445 (resized).jpgarch445 (resized).jpg

#773 6 years ago

Yes it does.

IMG_0399 (resized).JPGIMG_0399 (resized).JPG

IMG_0402 (resized).JPGIMG_0402 (resized).JPG

IMG_0411 (resized).JPGIMG_0411 (resized).JPG

IMG_0412 (resized).JPGIMG_0412 (resized).JPG

IMG_0353 (resized).JPGIMG_0353 (resized).JPG

#774 6 years ago
Quoted from mikehay1:

Three years ago right now, my son & I were in the middle of a two week, 7700 mile road trip. It was awesome. Although pinball was not a primary reason for the trip, we did make it to the Pinball Shack in Temecula to deliver some special Backglasses, play some pinball and happened to drive home with a Bally Wulff wall mount poker machine. Also hit some of what remains of Bally & Williams today. Also did a couple of speed runs at Bonneville.

Speaking of the Plum Crazy color, we saw this gem in Washington not far North of the Oregon border.

10489921_800860089926378_8502733821910227369_n (resized).jpg10489921_800860089926378_8502733821910227369_n (resized).jpg

#775 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Speaking of the Plum Crazy color, we saw this gem in Washington not far North of the Oregon border.

That poor s13 Silva looks like it has had a hard life. Looks like crap.

#776 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Three years ago right now, my son & I were in the middle of a two week, 7700 mile road trip. It was awesome. Although pinball was not a primary reason for the trip, we did make it to the Pinball Shack in Temecula to deliver some special Backglasses, play some pinball and happened to drive home with a Bally Wulff wall mount poker machine. Also hit some of what remains of Bally & Williams today. Also did a couple of speed runs at Bonneville.

Now THERE'S a color found in nature!

#777 6 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Sure are! Split window buses are going for 40k+. Even bay windows like my bus are fetching 20+k. Glad I found the deal I did, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to afford it.

They are hard to find here in Australia due to their tendancy to randomly catch on fire.

#778 6 years ago

I dig the exhaust in the picture!

#779 6 years ago
Quoted from Rabbit:

I dig the exhaust in the picture!

LOL... I'd hate to backup too close to him in a parking lot.

#780 6 years ago

I have other hobbies as well when I'm not working on EM's.

DSCN9476 (resized).JPGDSCN9476 (resized).JPG

1375990_10153321686855716_85837480_n (resized).jpg1375990_10153321686855716_85837480_n (resized).jpg

#781 6 years ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

Really interested in your experience with this. How much garage height do you have? Do you park your daily driver underneath? Ease of install?

Okay, just did it yesterday. Started the install about noon and finished up about 7 with a pizza break and serveral beer breaks. So you need a day, I did the install with my 14 year old son. I will tell you that you will need four people or some sort of lift to get it done. We use a skid with fork, which was a great safety as well. I would say it is pretty easy, but then again I am very mechanical, instructions assume you have good mechanical knowledge. They are MAN INSTRUCTIONS, just one exploded picture and two pages of basic instructions.

I say easy, but I have met people that didn't know how to use crimp pliers before as well. So I would say a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10 assuming you can change spark plugs on a car and at least know how to use crimp pliers without instruction

Ceiling height will be dependent on which lift you buy and the height of your cars. You add car height plus lift platform width and 2nd car height to get you total required height. I bought an Atlas from Greg Smith. Standard lift, not additional height or width and it is everything I could ask for. Quality is great. You could definitely park a daily driver underneath. Also come with a jack tray, casters and oil drop pans for no charge

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Atlas-Garage-Pro-8-000

IMG_7758 (resized).JPGIMG_7758 (resized).JPG
IMG_7759 (resized).JPGIMG_7759 (resized).JPG
IMG_7760 (resized).JPGIMG_7760 (resized).JPG
IMG_7761 (resized).JPGIMG_7761 (resized).JPG
IMG_7765 (resized).JPGIMG_7765 (resized).JPG
IMG_7766 (resized).JPGIMG_7766 (resized).JPG

#782 6 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Okay, just did it yesterday. Started the install about noon and finished up about 7 with a pizza break and serveral beer breaks. So you need a day, I did the install with my 14 year old son. I will tell you that you will need four people or some sort of lift to get it done. We use a skid with fork, which was a great safety as well. I would say it is pretty easy, but then again I am very mechanical, instructions assume you have good mechanical knowledge. They are MAN INSTRUCTIONS, just one exploded picture and two pages of basic instructions.
I say easy, but I have met people that didn't know how to use crimp pliers before as well. So I would say a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10 assuming you can change spark plugs on a car and at least know how to use crimp pliers without instruction
Ceiling height will be dependent on which lift you buy and the height of your cars. You add car height plus lift platform width and 2nd car height to get you total required height. I bought an Atlas from Greg Smith. Standard lift, not additional height or width and it is everything I could ask for. Quality is great. You could definitely park a daily driver underneath. Also come with a jack tray, casters and oil drop pans for no charge
http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Atlas-Garage-Pro-8-000

Are you going to bolt it to the floor?

#783 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Mine isn't.

They ship with a set of wheels so you can move the rig around, it is pretty stable.

#784 6 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Mine isn't.
They ship with a set of wheels so you can move the rig around, it is pretty stable.

I see. I wish my garage was wider so I could have that AND have the Mustang next to it when not in use. Does it need 220v power?

#785 6 years ago

I bought mine at gregsmith about 13yrs ago and it still works great, no more bending over to do brake jobs or polishing wheels.

#786 6 years ago

The fact they don't bolt to the floor was pretty shocking at first. After using the, for a while you realize how sturdy they are. Heck, They even have dual car lifts now which are just incredible. People can't believe when you pull 4 cars out of a normal two car garage.

#787 6 years ago

More race than car, but the black one is completely street legal (depending on if the cop, but most have been super cool). Camaro is a procharged 640 with 44lbs of boost, been low 6's. The GTO is a 632 with two systems on it and has been mid 6's.

People rarely believe what we've driven on the street, so for your viewing pleasure...

#788 6 years ago

Forgot to post pics...duh...

IMG_0806 (resized).JPGIMG_0806 (resized).JPG

IMG_0807 (resized).JPGIMG_0807 (resized).JPG

#789 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I see. I wish my garage was wider so I could have that AND have the Mustang next to it when not in use. Does it need 220v power?

No, 120V

10153089470740716 (resized).jpg10153089470740716 (resized).jpg

#790 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Heck no, I want to be able to move it around! Thats why I have casters.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Its standard garage width, so you should be fine (see specs). I opted to go with 120v, but you can order it either way. Just look up the specs of several lifts and decide what you want. I am happy with the Atlas and there was a significant savings over Bendpak.

#791 6 years ago

My buddy built his garage with a nice high ceiling and has since added a lift like that. My garage just doesn't have the ceiling clearance or I would have added a lift years ago.

#792 6 years ago

Mopar or no car!!! Awesome man..

3 weeks later
#793 6 years ago

Hello car clubbers. Anyone have any recs for a legit automotive shipping company? Bro in WA state is giving me his old F-150 and I would prefer not to drive it 2200 miles.

So far lots of bait and switch on shipping bid prices via brokers (one about 17 minutes after signing a (now void) contract with them). And every company I have looked at has horror stories on "pissedconsumer.com" or "ripoffreports.com" or equivalent sites.

Starting to look like making the drive is the answer (would be nice if I could take some time with it but would have to blow straight through).

Thanks in advance.

#794 6 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Hello car clubbers. Anyone have any recs for a legit automotive shipping company? Bro in WA state is giving me his old F-150 and I would prefer not to drive it 2200 miles.
So far lots of bait and switch on shipping bid prices via brokers (one about 17 minutes after signing a (now void) contract with them). And every company I have looked at has horror stories on "pissedconsumer.com" or "ripoffreports.com" or equivalent sites.
Starting to look like making the drive is the answer (would be nice if I could take some time with it but would have to blow straight through).
Thanks in advance.

Fly then drive is probably your best bet.

#795 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

More race than car, but the black one is completely street legal (depending on if the cop, but most have been super cool). Camaro is a procharged 640 with 44lbs of boost, been low 6's. The GTO is a 632 with two systems on it and has been mid 6's.
People rarely believe what we've driven on the street, so for your viewing pleasure...
» YouTube video

It's great that you were driving so slow, but sound like you were extremely over the limit.

#796 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

It's great that you were driving so slow, but sound like you were extremely over the limit.

Yea, in most states for sure. VA has really lenient laws for antique vehicles, and a lot of the laws don't apply. Like I said, it's mostly up to the officers discretion, but they are usually really cool. One time I got on the trans brake at a light and ran it through low gear, nothing crazy but I got pulled over 2 miles down the road. Cop did a license check, and said I was getting a warning because he didn't see it, but he definitely heard it. Haha, I've even been pulled over because they want to check it out, but I limp it around mostly so i don't get too many headaches.

#797 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

» YouTube video

Have either of these been down to OCMD?? I could swear that I have seen one or both of them at cruise week.

#798 6 years ago

My 1981 Citroën Mehari

FB_IMG_1500672894340 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1500672894340 (resized).jpg

#799 6 years ago

Well that was a depressing hour of looking thru 16 pages of your guys awesome cars! I'm jealous and envious of all of you
I love american muscle but lack of funds has me posting without pics of any wheels. However there's always timeI'm still on the left side of 40, have no kids and no mortgage

#800 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Well that was a depressing hour of looking thru 16 pages of your guys awesome cars! I'm jealous and envious of all of you
I love american muscle but lack of funds has me posting without pics of any wheels. However there's always time I'm still on the left side of 40, have no kids and no mortgage

Well hurry up, you aint gettin any younger. I bought my 70 Mustang new (I ordered it even, Dec of 69) when I was 17 and still have it. Yup it's 47 years old and better then ever.

There are 3,335 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-car-club/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.