IMG_20240407_135817543 (resized).jpg
20240406_115430 (resized).jpg
20240406_115423 (resized).jpg
20240406_115419 (resized).jpg
Toyota 1980s jumping.gif
Toyota jumping.jpg
Landcruiser (resized).jpg
IMG_4397 (resized).JPG
There are 3,333 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 67.
#651 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

CT70H. H for hand clutch, not the pussy 3 speed clutchless version. My late dad actually licensed it and took it to work (old Detroit Police HQ at 1300 Beaubien) using surface streets and parked it inside with the cop cars. This was during the Arab oil embargo in 73 or 74.

The problem is the gears are backwards from other motorcycles. Down is a higher gear up is lower. I always go to shift up and about go over the handlebars.

#652 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It's my Mustangs 47th Birthday today

Happy Birthday!

#653 6 years ago

I would say that also in the article it says....

"There are plenty of variables to consider, like the talent level of the driver, track and air temp on the day, and so on. Also note that many past test times were achieved from a standing start, instead of the current-day practice of rolling starts.

In the case of Honda's test (as previously discussed) the car was stripped of its rear seats and given a floating cage. "

I get what you're saying though . Technology keeps implroving, and this will keep happening.

Chris

#654 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Oh DSM's!! I deal with those everyday. I work with ECM Tuning Inc, makers of DSM Link. You're probably already familiar with our management software and products. We've been around about 10 years now.

I do. I ran it in mine after switching from a SAFC. I had many days making 3rd gear pulls on back roads.

She was modded pretty good, but the FWD always made it impossible to put any power to the ground.

Custom paint job
DSMLink
650cc Injectors
EVO III 16g
255HP Fuel Pump
Methanol Injection
Injen Intake
Ported Exhaust Manifold and O2 sensor housing
1g BOV
Greddy EVO II Cat Back
High Flow Cat
Extreme DP
RRE UICP
Hyperdrive C1 Street Disk and PP
Hyperdrive Lightweight Flywheel
Brembo slotted / dimpled rotors
Akebono Ceramic Pads

When I smashed her into a concrete barrier (going 35 mind you), she was in flawless condition. I was running 24psi of boost on the stock SMIC and getting 35lbs/min of airflow.

I miss that car.

#655 6 years ago

My Corvette Grand Sport which is currently for sale on ebay.

IMG_4447 (resized).JPGIMG_4447 (resized).JPG

IMG_4445 (resized).JPGIMG_4445 (resized).JPG

IMG_4449 (resized).JPGIMG_4449 (resized).JPG

#656 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

It's my Mustangs 47th Birthday today, I picked it up about 5pm that day. It's older then some of you guys.

That is awesome that you still have the 'stang after all these years.

Here is mine that, ironically, I bought when I was 47 years old:

DSC_0047 (resized).JPGDSC_0047 (resized).JPG

#657 6 years ago
Quoted from Olddragon:

That is awesome that you still have the 'stang after all these years.
Here is mine that, ironically, I bought when I was 47 years old:

Hey thanks. I'd love to have a new Mustang too like yours but no money and no garage space. Now that funny, 47 and 47. Just 3 more years and I'm gonna drive it to my 50th HS reunion...gonna FREAK people out.

#658 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

My Corvette Grand Sport which is currently for sale on ebay

One of my all-time favorite cars. That's a great looking example.

#659 6 years ago

Since I wasn't seeing much Love for the great AMC I thought I would post a picture of my 1970 AMC Gremlin. Levi interior and to the dismay of most of the high $$$ cars at the show it wins most every time. It's parked next to my recently sold 1965 Mustang. Love that AMC, sad to see them all gone. So many memories for So many people I bet....Lol

IMG_0002 (resized).jpgIMG_0002 (resized).jpg

#660 6 years ago

Man that Gremlin is a jewel! I remember a lot of people had those when I was in high school in the early 80's. You never see one anymore, probably not many of them left I bet.

#661 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Since I wasn't seeing much Love for the great AMC I thought I would post a picture of my 1970 AMC Gremlin.

Hells Yea! Party On Brother!

WW Party on Garth.jpgWW Party on Garth.jpg

Party On!.jpgParty On!.jpg

#662 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Since I wasn't seeing much Love for the great AMC I thought I would post a picture of my 1970 AMC Gremlin. Levi interior and to the dismay of most of the high $$$ cars at the show it wins most every time. It's parked next to my recently sold 1965 Mustang. Love that AMC, sad to see them all gone. So many memories for So many people I bet....Lol

Straight six or v8? Cool car, my dad had a green one when i was a kid had a bad starter that every now and then it wouldnt work and he would have to get out and hit ot with a hammer and it would fire right up.

#663 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Super nice example.

#664 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

There was a dealership back in the day that was putting 401's in Gremlins. Talk about an X-package!

#665 6 years ago

Another project in progress

20170505_090528 (resized).jpg20170505_090528 (resized).jpg

#666 6 years ago

Thanks all for the love, the gremlin does draw attention. Always funny seeing a ring of people around my economy AMC at car shows while the 100k polished gems next to me just get a glance and walk by. They hate parking next to this car but as I remind them, Everyone has an old AMC story from back in the day good or bad. Not many have a fastback Mustang story from high school! It is a straight six that starts and runs better than my 2017. History of why it looks so good. This was actually a California movie lot car. Used in several movies and commercials. While he did't Drive it, I have a picture of Johnny Depp walking past my Gremlin in the Movie Blow! Pretty neat.

173 (resized).jpg173 (resized).jpg

#667 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sweet....My Dad had a blue/white V8 version in 74 I believe. My parents ran the gamut of AMC...First the v8 gremlin, which was totaled with my mom and sister driving....So then he bought a 76 Pacer. He didn't like it so he pawned it off mom and bought a 77 hornet station wagon, orange with wood paneling. Eventually that would also become Mom's car.

I'll never forget, summer of 82 when I turned 16. My parents previously had bought my 3 sisters (who were much older) each a car for their 16th bday. My oldest sister got a Corvair...cool car. My middle sister, a VW Bug...cool car. My youngest sister, a 1966 mustang convertible...the coolest. I come home and in the driveway is a 1974 Datsun 260Z. I'm all excited until I'm handed the keys to the 77 Orange Hornet...the 260z was for mom However, today, I look back fondly on that car. It was a tank, never left me stranded, plenty of room for the gang, and I put some big 12" tube speakers in the back and a PA horn on top tied to my CB radio, and I was living life large.

#668 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Everyone has an old AMC story from back in the day good or bad

Soooo true, I almost bought a 70 AMX instead of my 70 Mustang.

#669 6 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

There was a dealership back in the day that was putting 401's in Gremlins. Talk about an X-package!

I'm longing for someone to put me an LS3 like this in my P1800.

ls3 (resized).jpgls3 (resized).jpg
1800ls3 (resized).jpg1800ls3 (resized).jpg

#670 6 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Randall AMC in Mesa, Arizona. Still by today's standards, a mildly fast 13.8 sec car after modifications. Only 20 of them were built over 3 years, so pretty rare...One was for sale on ebay recently, but apparently the asking price too high:

ebay.com link: itm

#671 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I'm longing for someone to put me an LS3 like this in my P1800.

If you put that monster in I hope you stiffen the frame like all get out.

#672 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

If you put that monster in I hope you stiffen the frame like all get out.

100%, plus the need to upgrade the brakes, and suspension. Yikes! looks front end heavy.

#673 6 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

100%, plus the need to upgrade the brakes, and suspension. Yikes! looks front end heavy.

It makes for great dreamin'!

For anyone interested in what can be done with a P1800, this is a great string to watch.
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?175204-1968-Volvo-project-Pure-Volvocity

1800dream (resized).jpg1800dream (resized).jpg

#674 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

For anyone interested in what can be done with a P1800, this is a great string to watch.
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?175204-1968-Volvo-project-Pure-Volvocity

That is an awesome car!!

#676 6 years ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

Just got her all shined up and ready to roll

OMG I had one of those when I was 17. I had to have a corvette though. I got a 84 corvette and sold the Z28. Been kicking my own ass for years.

#677 6 years ago

I have a horsepower addiction. Doctor says admitting your problem is halfway towards a cure.

20170507_163350 (resized).jpg20170507_163350 (resized).jpg

#678 6 years ago
Quoted from mikehay1:

I have a horsepower addiction. Doctor says admitting your problem is halfway towards a cure.

Awesome collection!

#679 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Kinda looks like a 60's vintage Aston Martin with all the body mods.

2 weeks later
#681 6 years ago

A stone bridge on the Oatman Hwy in AZ (original Rt. 66) where you REALLY want to obey the speed limit signs:
IMG_0746.JPGIMG_0746.JPG

#682 6 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

A stone bridge on the Oatman Hwy in AZ (original Rt. 66) where you REALLY want to obey the speed limit signs:

That's a cool road. Oatman is tourist trap to the max, but still great. the wild donkeys walking around town looking for handouts is hilarious.

#683 6 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

That's a cool road. Oatman is tourist trap to the max, but still great. the wild donkeys walking around town looking for handouts is hilarious.

The neat part was when I found the "Pet Cemetery" just north of Oatman:IMG_0754 (resized).JPGIMG_0754 (resized).JPGIMG_0750 (resized).JPGIMG_0750 (resized).JPGIMG_0751 (resized).JPGIMG_0751 (resized).JPGIMG_0753 (resized).JPGIMG_0753 (resized).JPG

#684 6 years ago

On the topic of "finds".. what can be better than finding a great Drive-In in 2017. Complete with Car Hops. It's a fading art.
+1 to Debbie's Drive-In in Newport, TN. (yes, where the heck is Newport?) Make it a stop if you're off the beaten path in N. East TN.

IMG_0594.JPG (resized).jpegIMG_0594.JPG (resized).jpeg

#685 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

On the topic of "finds".. what can be better than finding a great Drive-In in 2017. Complete with Car Hops. It's a fading art.
+1 to Debbie's Drive-In in Newport, TN. Make it a stop if you're off the beaten path in N. East TN.

I know you said "great" Drive-In, but there are still about 3,500 Sonic Drive-In' s open as of today.....

#686 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I know you said "great" Drive-In, but there are still about 3,500 Sonic Drive-In' s open as of today.....

LOL!! That's why I classified this one as great. REAL burgers, dogs, shakes and sundaes. Sonic is Sonic.
Any of us that remember the real Drive-Ins of the 50's, 60's and 70's knows the difference.

#687 6 years ago

IMG_0593 (resized).JPGIMG_0593 (resized).JPG

IMG_0698 (resized).JPGIMG_0698 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#688 6 years ago

I'm in the club. Just purchased a 2006 Porsche Cayman S with 35,000 miles. Got a decent price on it.

Love it. So much fun to drive!

porsche_cs (resized).jpgporsche_cs (resized).jpg

#689 6 years ago

Decided to give my cars a nicer place to live. Phase 1 on the floor started today. Hopefully finish up tomorrow.

IMG_0647.JPG (resized).jpegIMG_0647.JPG (resized).jpeg
IMG_0649.JPG (resized).jpegIMG_0649.JPG (resized).jpeg

#690 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I'm in the club. Just purchased a 2006 Porsche Cayman S with 35,000 miles

Awesome Car-I am stoked for you!

Quoted from Fulltilt:

Decided to give my cars a nicer place to live

That came out great, I really like the black for the base color.

#691 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Decided to give my cars a nicer place to live. Phase 1 on the floor started today. Hopefully finish up tomorrow.

Wow was that tough to do?

#692 6 years ago

I'm curious to see how it turns out. My dad did something similar to his and it didn't last more than a few weeks before it started coming off under the tires.

What product did you choose?

#693 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I'm curious to see how it turns out. My dad did something similar to his and it didn't last more than a few weeks before it started coming off under the tires.
What product did you choose?

Its all about the prepping of the concrete.

#694 6 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Its all about the prepping the concrete.

You can talk for days trying to prepare the floor for a new finish, but some concrete just doesn't listen.

#695 6 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Its all about the prepping of the concrete.

Thanks! I could have never done it myself. Unless you have new, unsealed concrete it takes a lot of prep.
I hired a local company that does nothing but floors. They spent 2-3 hours grinding down about 1/4" off the old concrete before starting on the epoxy. The final layer should go on tomorrow. So far I'm happy with the results.

#696 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I take it your not gonna be working on the car in the garage.

#697 6 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

You can talk for days trying to prepare the floor for a new finish, but some concrete just doesn't listen.

Tru that.

#698 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Probably wear slippers in there now. Looks really nice.

#699 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

"SUPPOSED" to be impervious to most any fluids after the final coat. We'll see!

#700 6 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

We just added our 2nd and 3rd kids on Monday, so the RX8 is no longer going to work for the full family. Fate, though, stepped in and GM offered their 20% off deal on the 17 Chevy SS through the 13th. I'd been kicking it around for a while, but never thought that they would offer the 20% on the 17s since there was a limited ordering period, or at least not this early. I made the call from the hospital to put a deposit on this one. The manuals get snatched up really quickly, so I'm glad I was able to secure one before they're gone forever!

Nice SS. Love those RWD Holden's. I have two G8's. One is a GXP, hence CRWgxp. I'll have to post some pics.

There are 3,333 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 67.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-car-club/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.