1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 1,438 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by dmacy
  • Topic is favorited by 41 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,032 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_9186 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_9146 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_9157 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_9154 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_9155 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_9149 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_9109 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_9181 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_E9191 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_9179 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_9176 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_9172 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_9121 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_9166 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_9161 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)
DSCF1572 (resized).JPG

There are 1438 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 29.
#501 1 year ago

Official Not-Pinhauler #3 arriving this week
1978 Trans AM Y88 (Special Edition), 4 Speed, W72, T-tops, Air.

IMG_1481 (resized).JPG

IMG_1480 (resized).JPG

IMG_1479 (resized).JPG

#502 1 year ago

and I never did post pics of not-Pinhauler #2 so here she is (from the dealer i went to pick her up at):
(currently in heated storage until I get some decent weather)

lambo2 (resized).jpg

lambo1 (resized).jpg

lambo3 (resized).jpg

#503 1 year ago

Finally the missing Skit B monies have been located

#504 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Finally the missing Skit B monies have been located

Lol. Not quite. More like: "Thank G-d I am finally done paying my kids' college tuition".

#505 1 year ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

Lol. Not quite. More like: "Thank G-d I am finally done paying my kids' college tuition".

I'll get there in aboot 20 years.

Just kidding, they can get loans like I did

#506 1 year ago

maybe i can convince my kids to be hobos or something ...

#507 1 year ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

(currently in heated storage until I get some decent weather)

It is All Wheel Drive, right! And BTW that photo wasn't taken yesterday, I would be very surprised if Michigan looks like that in the Winter.

#508 1 year ago

I've owned quite a few muscle cars and sports cars over the years. My first lightweight sports car was a Toyota MR2, which was a mid engined car that handled incredibly well, and while it was a bit underpowered, it had a high redline and was fun enough to drive that it got me hooked on the lightweight sports cars. I did have a '92 Z28 Camaro between the MR2 and my '93 Mazda twin-turbo RX-7 pictured below.

RX7-2 (resized).jpg

RX7-12 (resized).jpg

RX7-13 (resized).jpg

RX7-15 (resized).jpg

RX7-18 (resized).jpg

#509 1 year ago

Just last night I drove one of those RX-7's with the steering wheel on the right hand side. Felt kind of weird shifting with my left hand while working clutch with left foot.

#510 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've owned quite a few muscle cars and sports cars over the years. My first lightweight sports car was a Toyota MR2, which was a mid engined car that handled incredibly well, and while it was a bit underpowered, it had a high redline and was fun enough to drive that it got me hooked on the lightweight sports cars. I did have a '92 Z28 Camaro between the MR2 and my '93 Mazda twin-turbo RX-7 pictured below.

Ahhhhhhhhh the FD!! The most beautiful car that mazda ever designed in my opinion, next to the iconic 787B of course. Destined to be one of the next great collector cars along side the Supra, NSX, 300zxTT, etc. She looks naked without the factory wing on the back

#511 1 year ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Ahhhhhhhhh the FD!! The most beautiful car that mazda ever designed in my opinion, next to the iconic 787B of course. Destined to be one of the next great collector cars along side the Supra, NSX, 300zxTT, etc. She looks naked without the factory wing on the back

The FD3S is probably the best of that bunch (except the NSX) but the rotary engine puts a lot of people off it.

I've owned 7 FDs I think. I sold my last one last year, I don't think there will be any more.

rd

IMG_4259 (resized).JPG

#512 1 year ago
Quoted from sohchx:

She looks naked without the factory wing on the back

I always preferred the look of the FD without the wing. The lines were cleaner.

Then, by complete contrast, I also owned a Lotus Exige S, with wings, spoilers, and air intakes all over the damn car!

Lotus2 (resized).jpg

Lotus6 (resized).jpg

Lotus11 (resized).jpg

Lotus5 (resized).jpg

Lotus10 (resized).jpg

Lotus13 (resized).jpg

#513 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The FD3S is probably the best of that bunch (except the NSX) but the rotary engine puts a lot of people off it.
I've owned 7 FDs I think. I sold my last one last year, I don't think there will be any more.
rd

You know, I am 37 and your FD makes me drool more than a countach. Recently, I have realized I really want what was new 20 years ago and now obtainable.

#514 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

You know, I am 37 and your FD makes me drool more than a countach. Recently, I have realized I really want what was new 20 years ago and now obtainable.

That grey one, I built from a stolen and recovered wreck.

It had all custom tan leather (same colour as Aston Martin) R-Magic guards, R-Magic front, custom grey paint, 17x9s all round, rebuilt engine with 3mm seals, flowed de-sequentialised turbos, downpipe, 3" exhaust all the way, and Power FC driving it all. Cusco twin plate and 5 speed box.

It was a reliable 400hp every day, at only 1 bar boost. With FDs only weighing 1200kg, that's a fast street car.

If you really want to get the FD3S horn, and see more wings that Robby Ts Lotus, check out my old R-Magic race car.

rd

IMG_3190 (resized).JPG

IMG_3189 (resized).JPG

#515 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've owned quite a few muscle cars and sports cars over the years. My first lightweight sports car

I too have fallen in love with small sports cars, especially turbos. I was reading Car and Driver last week and I came across an article that intrigued me. It is about taking a stock Miata and making it into a monster. If you have $50,000 and a new stock Miata you can create the ultimate small sports car from a company called Flyin Miata. I want one really bad, it looks super badass...

#516 1 year ago

Its a nice car, Smoking Tire has a drive as well, impressive balance and build. Its really a modern AC Cobra formula but with modern understanding of balance and handling. I'd like to see a comparison of these cars with cars at the same price point. At a combined cost (Car plus build) of about 75-80k, its has some stiff competition. I have to agree I like the idea.

#517 1 year ago

12764460_1718486958370279_3143086041719885309_o (resized).jpg

IMAG0265 (resized).jpg

#518 1 year ago
Quoted from VacFink:

I have to agree I like the idea.

I was thinking that I would probably want to do the new 2017 MX-5 RF if I did a conversion. I really like the look of the body, it has a nostalgic jaguar look to it, and still converts to an open style top.

#519 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

'93 Mazda twin-turbo RX-7 pictured below.

It's tough to find them unmolested like that. Nice looking car! One of my favorites.

#520 1 year ago
Quoted from Darcy:

It is All Wheel Drive, right! And BTW that photo wasn't taken yesterday, I would be very surprised if Michigan looks like that in the Winter.

Yes, all wheel drive, and definitely not drivable in the winter in Michigan.

#521 1 year ago
Quoted from KeithinMI:

Official Not-Pinhauler #3 arriving this week
1978 Trans AM Y88 (Special Edition), 4 Speed, W72, T-tops, Air.

Very nice. I helped print those bird decals, all the different colored ones too back in the day.

#522 1 year ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I helped print those bird decals, all the different colored ones too back in the day.

In the early 80's our Body Shop had 2 different decals for the hood. The head of the Firebird on the aftermarket decal faced in the other direction. The aftermarket decals were not of the same image quality as the GM (3M I think) decals. The difference of around $100 as well.

#523 1 year ago
Quoted from TG:

Keep on vannin'!

Oh man that van is killing me! I had one in high school, but with the camper pop-top, a '67 Dodge Custom Sportsman, same color scheme as yours.
Orange shag throughout, lawn chairs for back seats, big house speakers hooked up to an amp that was loud and sounded like crap...and big glow-in-the-dark lightning bolts painted down both sides! Oh, and a giant peace sign painted on the front. 318 posi with 3.91 gears meant I was lighting 'em up every chance I had.

#524 1 year ago

I want a LSX swapped FD RX7 so bad I can't stand it! I know the rotary's are awesome motors, but finding somebody to keep one running around Kentucky would be a chore. Those cars have went up a bunch here in the States. Just finding a nice roller is a task and then the price is usually nuts!

#525 1 year ago
Quoted from Darcy:

In the early 80's our Body Shop had 2 different decals for the hood. The head of the Firebird on the aftermarket decal faced in the other direction. The aftermarket decals were not of the same image quality as the GM (3M I think) decals. The difference of around $100 as well.

Really, an after market decal. Yes 3M film and 3M ink. I had an orange one mounted on a piece of plex years ago, looked really cool but sold it years ago for $400 if I remember right.

#526 1 year ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Really, an after market decal. Yes 3M film and 3M ink. I had an orange one mounted on a piece of plex years ago, looked really cool but sold it years ago for $400 if I remember right.

The Firebirds and Trans Ams that we usually repaired had front end damage. The hood would become bent, most likely something to do with the hole, and the shape of the front bumper area. Our painter had that decal application down to a science.

#527 1 year ago

Picked this one up two weeks ago today. Two of the pics are at the dealer and one in my garage. More fun to drive than the pin hauler.

IMG_4090 (resized).JPG

image2 (resized).jpg

image1 (resized).jpg

#528 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmaniac:

Picked this one up two weeks ago today. Two of the pics are at the dealer and one in my garage. More fun to drive than the pin hauler.

Is that a GTR next to it??

#529 1 year ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Is that a GTR next to it??

Looks like a Corvette. Inset door handles.

#530 1 year ago

Here's mine. 01 Firehawk trans am

image (resized).jpeg

#531 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That grey one, I built from a stolen and recovered wreck.
It had all custom tan leather (same colour as Aston Martin) R-Magic guards, R-Magic front, custom grey paint, 17x9s all round, rebuilt engine with 3mm seals, flowed de-sequentialised turbos, downpipe, 3" exhaust all the way, and Power FC driving it all. Cusco twin plate and 5 speed box.
It was a reliable 400hp every day, at only 1 bar boost. With FDs only weighing 1200kg, that's a fast street car.
If you really want to get the FD3S horn, and see more wings that Robby Ts Lotus, check out my old R-Magic race car.
rd

That's insane man. Nice work.

#532 1 year ago

https://www.facebook.com/paul.busta.1/videos/778197875550267/ If anyone is interested here's a vid I shot 2 years ago about starting my Mustang engine after 13 years of sitting.

#533 1 year ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Looks like a Corvette. Inset door handles.

Good eyes. It is a C7 Z06.

#534 1 year ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

https://www.facebook.com/paul.busta.1/videos/778197875550267/ If anyone is interested here's a vid I shot 2 years ago about starting my Mustang engine after 13 years of sitting.

I guess I'll just have to imagine the video since I don't have facebook. Wow, that thing caught on fire quick. And quite an explosion. Did your eyebrows ever grow back?

#535 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I guess I'll just have to imagine the video since I don't have facebook. Wow, that thing caught on fire quick. And quite an explosion. Did your eyebrows ever grow back?

hahahahahahaha now that's funny. How do I put that vid up on Pinside?

#536 1 year ago
Quoted from dragdaily12:

2008 Shelby GT is just as it rolled out of the plant in LV.

Not with those wheels on it. Those wheels came standard on '07-'09 GT500s only.

#537 1 year ago

A little Volvo mod today.

DSCF5927 (resized).JPG

#538 1 year ago

We just added our 2nd and 3rd kids on Monday, so the RX8 is no longer going to work for the full family. Fate, though, stepped in and GM offered their 20% off deal on the 17 Chevy SS through the 13th. I'd been kicking it around for a while, but never thought that they would offer the 20% on the 17s since there was a limited ordering period, or at least not this early. I made the call from the hospital to put a deposit on this one. The manuals get snatched up really quickly, so I'm glad I was able to secure one before they're gone forever!

IMG_2178 (resized).JPG

#539 1 year ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

We just added our 2nd and 3rd kids on Monday

So I take it you had twins? Congrats that is awesome!

#540 1 year ago

Well, thought I would contribute to this thread as cars are my life. Not even joking.

Picked up a 2017 Porsche 911 Carrera. I'll be extensively modifying it. Shooting for roughly 700 rwhp on 91 octane (likely with methanol injection).

I also have a highly modified E92 M3 which holds and has held various records but I'll post about that another time. I'm ditching the Vortech YSI blower and going with twin turbos and a standalone ECU. I could go on for days so here are pics of the new ride.

991new1 (resized).JPG
991new2 (resized).JPG
991new3 (resized).JPG
991new4 (resized).JPG
991new6 (resized).JPG
991new7 (resized).JPG

#541 1 year ago

We just added our 2nd and 3rd kids on Monday, so the RX8 is no longer going to work for the full family. Fate, though, stepped in and GM offered their 20% off deal on the 17 Chevy SS through the 13th. I'd been kicking it around for a while, but never thought that they would offer the 20% on the 17s since there was a limited ordering period, or at least not this early. I made the call from the hospital to put a deposit on this one. The manuals get snatched up really quickly, so I'm glad I was able to secure one before they're gone forever!

My brother has an SS. Great sleeper.

#542 1 year ago

Fate, though, stepped in and GM offered their 20% off deal on the 17 Chevy SS through the 13th

Bet you never thought you'd own an Australian built car!

rd

#543 1 year ago

for you car lovers , I had one of these back in the day !

https://www.facebook.com/Toyota.MR2.Club.Nederland/videos/1448172651859810/

#544 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So I take it you had twins? Congrats that is awesome!

Indeed! Girl and a boy.

Quoted from pezpunk:

My brother has an SS. Great sleeper.

I love it for that. It's got enough power for me, but easy enough to get plenty more out of it. Everyone thinks it's a malibu, which is fine. I really wanted a manual since this will be a 3rd car, and I want to "drive" it.

Quoted from rotordave:

I was a fan of the G8 when that was available, and I've been following the SS since it was rumored. I figured I'd own an SS or similar car at some point, I just didn't think it would be this soon, and as my "fun" car. I'm satisfied with the way its worked out, though!

#545 1 year ago

Tesla's factory paint options are so boring. I had to take matters into my own hands.

IMG_0675 (resized).JPG

IMG_0673 (resized).JPG

IMG_0662 (resized).JPG

The chrome blackout helps a lot. Now I gotta do something about those rims and maybe tint the windows.

#546 1 year ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Tesla's factory paint options are so boring. I had to take matters into my own hands.

Looks god but makes me think of....

Quoted from RobT:

This is ridiculous.
The simple truth of the matter is that most people, yourself included, buy a muscle car, at least in part, to be "noticed."

#547 1 year ago

Yeah but I didn't buy a piece of shit car that doesn't actually go anywhere.

#548 1 year ago

So funny, so did I! In that same color too. It was one of the cars that got me hooked on lightweight sports cars.

#549 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

So funny, so did I! In that same color too. It was one of the cars that got me hooked on lightweight sports cars.

Years ago, when I was visiting my sister in Florida, my brother in law offered to let me drive his spare car while they were at work. Took the keys from him went to the garage and got in the car. Got back out, went inside and gave him the keys back.
He said, "oh, sorry, I thought you could drive stick." The problem was I couldn't fit in the damn car. That car was an MR2. One of the drawbacks of being 6'6" is not being able to drive many sports cars. In fact, I had to fashion a new bracket to move the seat back on my 66 mustang convertible so I could safely drive it.

#550 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Isn't that the last of them, I seem to recall hearing on MCM or someplace else that now both Holden and Ford are leaving Australia?

If so, very sad result of globalization, I was always a bigger fan of the Falcon over the Holden's but what now will be on the Aussie supercar circuit?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Hardware
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 24.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 6.35
Cabinet - Decals
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 5,599.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
£ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 12,500.00
$ 39.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 77.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
There are 1438 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 29.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside