Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Azmodeus
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1640 (resized).jpeg
    F1ED7259-FBF1-480A-9BA6-DA3493255E5B (resized).jpeg
    37FB863B-29A5-4511-82F0-CB65B0FD0BA4 (resized).jpeg
    F43BE9D8-0674-4D62-8D3F-653BBA98AFFE (resized).jpeg
    heavy metal 1977 (resized).jpg
    meditations (resized).jpg
    pophet 1 (resized).jpg
    4thousand weeks (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    2B412E48-0429-43E2-86F7-43D3459EED3D (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20220223-135003 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20220223-135041 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20220223-135112 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20220223-135030 (resized).png
    Medieval (resized).png
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 2 years ago

Nice, I didn’t see that there yet. But my Fullerton library takes their graphic novels very seriously.

I stopped buying anything new and just read their books. And then I pick and choose my favorites to buy later.

Easy on the pocketbook.

#52 2 years ago

I've been an avid reader from a very early age. By the third grade
    had read every science related book in the library and was on my
    second round when banned from reading this type! No problem, got
    into sci-fi. Close enough! 60 years later still read anything remotely
    interesting, mostly non-fiction, still tending toward science and engineering.

The best place to get book? Your local flea market. I've stocked my
    library with $1 to $2 books, often new.

My fave fictional book? LOTR.
    Steve

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from zarco:

I've been an avid reader from a very early age. By the third grade
    had read every science related book in the library and was on my
    second round when banned from reading this type! No problem, got
    into sci-fi. Close enough! 60 years later still read anything remotely
    interesting, mostly non-fiction, still tending toward science and engineering.
    The best place to get book? Your local flea market. I've stocked my
    library with $1 to $2 books, often new.
    My fave fictional book? LOTR.
    Steve

Why did you get banned from reading science books?

2 months later
    #54 1 year ago

Most recent read for thoughts. Four thousand weeks by Oliver Burkeman

Most recent read for fun. Prophet by Brandon Graham

All time read for thoughts. Meditations by Marcus Aurelius

All time read for fun. Heavy Metal Magazine (my only subscription)

4thousand weeks (resized).jpg4thousand weeks (resized).jpgheavy metal 1977 (resized).jpgheavy metal 1977 (resized).jpgmeditations (resized).jpgmeditations (resized).jpgpophet 1 (resized).jpgpophet 1 (resized).jpg
    #55 1 year ago

Good stuff.
    I highly recommend the mercenary series in heavy metal. I bought number two on the stands at a drug store in 5th grade. That was my first adult comic. Richard Corben forever.

I kept buying them after that and added underground comics to the mix before I began the sixth grade.

F43BE9D8-0674-4D62-8D3F-653BBA98AFFE (resized).jpegF43BE9D8-0674-4D62-8D3F-653BBA98AFFE (resized).jpeg37FB863B-29A5-4511-82F0-CB65B0FD0BA4 (resized).jpeg37FB863B-29A5-4511-82F0-CB65B0FD0BA4 (resized).jpeg
    #56 1 year ago

Right now I am reading this on my fiancées recommendation. I don’t believe in psychics but this guy may have been one. He had something extra going on, for sure imo.

https://www.google.com/books/edition/Wolf_Messing/-zisDwAAQBAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&printsec=frontcover

F1ED7259-FBF1-480A-9BA6-DA3493255E5B (resized).jpegF1ED7259-FBF1-480A-9BA6-DA3493255E5B (resized).jpeg
    #57 1 year ago

I am self publishing two books right now on Amazon.

One is a true story about what has happened to me. It is called “open this when you are ready; the high cost of stroke and traumatic brain injury.”

The second is a fiction collection called “tales from the trailer park; volume one.

Both are so good I can barely believe I wrote them. IMO.

I wrote them to be amazing both of them. I think I succeeded. Or rather, I am succeeding.

Again, time is going to tell. I will post more here, as I progress in the publishing.

If you are a horror fan I will urge you to try my book. I believe I succeeded in a type of quiet horror that also smacks you in your face at some point.

I’m writing more, trying to get this ship moving!

1 year later
    #58 9 months ago

The book publishing ship is moving…

I am just beginning the annotated tales of the Arabian nights. On the recommendation that this was the very best fantasy fiction.
    I read this later inspired Corben tale at 12 in heavy metal magazine.

IMG_1640 (resized).jpegIMG_1640 (resized).jpeg
    #59 9 months ago

Never read Ellison introduction. I’ll get to that too.

#60 9 months ago

I seem to like epic fantasy books where there is a huge series of books and deep world building. I'm currently on book 7 (of 14.5) of the Wheel of Time books by Robert Jordan and love them. I'm waiting on Sanderson to publish some more books in his Cosmere series (also amazing). A song of Ice and Fire was good, but Martin will never finish them. Tolkein is great... I also liked the Harry Potter books. I love History too, but I'm more of a podcast and audiobook guy on those. Love me some dissolution of the Ottoman empire and books on the Venetian empire... such as it was. But then again I'm just a giant nerd.

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-book-club/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.