Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by shimoda
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Hey Pinside! As you may know, work has steadily been progressing on the new Pinside server! I have decided to combine the migration to the new server with a lot of code updates so it's not just a new server but the update contains some mayor changes including a complete overhaul of the image uploading system.

I would like to invite a *small* group of Pinsiders to take a peek and help me test the new stuff to make sure the big bugs are gone.

If you have been around on the site for a while, know all the ins and outs of the Pinside (not just the forum) and if think you are a good tester then drop me a PM! Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

Ok, on hold for now, there is a nice little group of Pinsiders being let loose on the beta site

I will let you know here if I'm looking to add some more testers!

2 weeks later
    #32 10 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions. I still stand behind my 5 points why I'm not integrating with Tapatalk (thanks Coolfingers for digging that up).

The small font issue is something only happening on Android browsers and it's apparently a feature of those browsers called "font boosting". I recently got my hands on a HTC one in addition to my iPhone 4 to start testing the site on mobile and found out the same thing, font size changing all over the place. The good news is that this has been fixed in the beta site (albeit with a max-height hack).

The Pinside will be "going mobile", hopefully even this year. I fully understand the need to support this, but as you can imagine time to work on the site is limited for me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-beta-testers-wanted?tu=robin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.