Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 142 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DocFinlay
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2A66D2EC-B0A1-4C61-828B-CD06CCF05710 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 3 years ago

Pricing a game really isn't that hard unless the seller has put a bunch of mods on the game. Most sellers want to see a return on those, but the reality is their lucky to see $.50 on the dollar. There are a few exceptions i.e. color dmd, maybe PDI glass, and a few rare mods that were made (WOZ witch and monkey)....I typically price my games based on whats recently sold the last 6 months + whatever I think is fair for the upgrades or give the seller the option to buy the game with some removed (i.e. color dmd). That being said I don't like to ship as you can eliminate a lot of drama if you can sell locally. That way the buyer can inspect, and play the game and theres no surprises....

#85 3 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

I think the general consensus is that mods don't actually add a lot of value to a game. They're more of a personal preference thing that the next buyer may hate and simply remove.
    Kind of like putting rims, a fart can exhaust and a kickass stereo system on a honda accord. Sure it cost you $4000 but did it really add value to the car?

Depends on the mod...color dmd, PDI glass, Cliffy protectors add value in my mind....there are some other mods from the really custom guys that also add value i.e. Loirs POTC mods, and the witch and monkey mod for WOZ...most of the other mods certainly add value, but its unrealistic for a seller to recoup all that money.

1 week later
    #119 3 years ago

PinSide sales values are just data points. There are way too many factors that drive value with condition being the number one factor, which is probably why game values for games are all over the map. For example u can buy a beater Williams IJ for $6-$7K, but a great example of this game could easily be well over $10K. Value is driven by how much someone is willing to pay. I for one haven't had much luck selling on PinSide typically due to the desire to ship. I find it a lot easier for someone to fully inspect the game prior to buying.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-average-game-values-are-not-realistic-in-2020?tu=PtownPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.