Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 142 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DocFinlay
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2A66D2EC-B0A1-4C61-828B-CD06CCF05710 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DocFinlay.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#134 3 years ago

Check it out. I created and run the site, it's basically the Kelley Blue Book of pinball - or as close as we can get. It does cover prices paid on Pinside plus ebay and about a dozen auction sites, some of which I pay to get their data. The ebay data is only sold price and never includes "Best Offer Accepted" because they never tell you what that is. Always open to improvement, so let me know.

#137 3 years ago
    Quoted from roar:I spot checked a handful of games and personally think Pinside is closer to what I know to be reality. This was on mobile where only the average price was available... but Fathom/Centaur/AC/DC Luci all seemed well off current market.

Thanks for looking at PinballPrices.com. Did the prices seem higher or lower? I’m guessing higher because eBay prices generally, but not always, run higher as sellers try to get their 10% back and the buyers aren’t typically the Pinside type of people (less experience). Also eBay includes dealers that are selling and they are almost always significantly higher than person to person. But the data is exactly what the market is doing. Check out the full database. There you can see each and every sale and even what site the sale came from. Thanks!

#141 3 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

Sort SOLD by Highest Price First. Then the 'Best Offers' will roughly align with their actual Sale Value (within the field) of SOLD / COMPLETED Items.

Thanks, I will try that.

2 months later
    #142 3 years ago

I run PinballPrices.com so I think it's pretty good and we are getting good steady traffic so I hope that says a lot. All the 5,200 sales records i have loaded in to our database are verified sales from Pinside, ebay, and online auction houses that I pay to have access. Scroll down on the home page and it explains the process

And if you have checked us out in the past 24 hours you will see a new price guide layout. Now both laptop and mobile uses can see all the data, not just averages. Hope you like the new look - please let me know.

I am trying to finish loading all the 2020 sales ASAP. We are over 5,200 records now and about 1,140 pinball titles.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DocFinlay.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-average-game-values-are-not-realistic-in-2020?tu=DocFinlay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.