Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 142 posts
  • 57 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DocFinlay
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2A66D2EC-B0A1-4C61-828B-CD06CCF05710 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DakotaMike.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 3 years ago

While I do agree that occasionally Pinside pricing can be a little off, depending on your region, for the most part I think it's pretty accurate. I always use the Pinside average-price as my starting price for any given game. I think of the average-price as the base-price for an average-shape game. Not mint and not roached. Then I plus/minus for the actual cosmetic and physical condition of the game, as well as any mods, improvements, defects, and things like that present on the pin. Giving special bonuses to things that are hard to replicate/repair, such as an immaculate PF or cabinet on an older game, but then not giving as much credit for things I can easily do myself like LEDs and rubber.

I do this when buying and when selling, so it's all fair. And basically I've found that it's held pretty true in my experience. I always at least break even this way, and I feel like I'm giving each of us (buyer and seller) a fair shake . That's my system, other people have other systems, but mine has so far worked well for me.

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

BTW, from what I've seen the median average (i.e. the price that is halfway between he highest priced and the lowest priced pins that sold). Therefore, in most instances there is plenty of room to sell much higher for a high quality version of a title.
    You can also view the archived sales and sort by date/price/etc. By doing more granular research, you should be able to get an accurate idea of what pins in similar condition in recent months sold for, and therefore educate yourself and potential buyers.

Exactly, it's more of a starting point rather than an end in and of itself.

2 weeks later
    #132 3 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

The FREE way to sell your game on pinside is by creating a "forum post ad". The actual paid ad is not a forum post and cannot be price policed. I think?

You seem to have some confusion, let me try to help clear things up. Any ad you create on Pinside is free whether you make a forum thread for it or not. Pinside is just telling you that it is "free" to create a forum thread/topic should you wish too. Your ad will still be free if you uncheck the forum-topic box. If you decide to upgrade to a paid, "Featured," ad you will also still have the option to create or not create a forum thread.

If you have a nice game, that is priced fairly, then it can be a great idea to create a forum topic. Because it gets more eyes on your game/ad. I've listed almost every game I've sold on Pinside, and I've never had anyone "price-police" or make negative comments. But I also try to price fairly with respect to condition, include good details, and have lots of pictures. So I'm not sure why you'd be getting lot's of negative forum comments unless you were out-of-whack in one or more of those areas.

And I really wouldn't worry if you do get negative comments, I still see a lot of games sell in spite of price-policing. Because there's always a buyer who might want a specific game and who is willing to overpay for it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DakotaMike.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-average-game-values-are-not-realistic-in-2020?tu=DakotaMike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.