(Topic ID: 13331)

Pinside and RGP Night At Game Exchange Of Colorado

By Gexchange

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“When Should Game Exchange Host Pinball Night?”

• Before Rocky Mtn Pinball Showdown (Next 30 Days) 0 votes
    • During Rocky Mtn Pinball Showdown 4 votes
      24%
    • Shortly After Showdown (Some Time In May) 1 vote
      6%
    • Later In the Summer Like July? 12 votes
      71%

(17 votes)

#1 12 years ago

I am working on putting to gether a Night at Game Exchange Of Colorado Inviting you guys in to play our games on our 12k Sqft Showroom.

I need Thoughts on Dates though So heres a Poll

#3 12 years ago

It would be nice to break up the lag between shows with a meeting In July.

#4 12 years ago

Not only breaking up the lag but also it will be summer...and if there is any chance of myself making the trip I could do it with my boy and he is out of school during the summer. This may not change anyone's thoughts but it is something to think about. Great Idea BTW!!

#5 12 years ago

You're gonna have RGP and Pinside members in a competition together!!!Thats gonna be like Occupy Wall St. meets The Tea Party.May I suggest no alcohol.things could get ugly(just kidding)....but not really. Scott

#6 12 years ago

When is the Rocky Mountain Showdown?

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

(just kidding)....but not really.

That is funny! You know, I have only been to that site a couple of times and the reason was for something a member here posted...are the people there really that bad? Maybe I am missing out but I just don't feel the need to join as I feel I have all I need here at Pinside!!

#8 12 years ago

I should have looked.

http://www.pinballshowdown.com/

#9 12 years ago

Late Spring/early summer. Maybe Late May/Early July so not so close to the showdown.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

jackofdiamonds said:(just kidding)....but not really.
    That is funny! You know, I have only been to that site a couple of times and the reason was for something a member here posted...are the people there really that bad? Maybe I am missing out but I just don't feel the need to join as I feel I have all I need here at Pinside!!

There are some really good people there too. and it is a great place to post items wanted ads. There is just a lot of snarky attitudes as well.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #12 12 years ago
    Quoted from jwwhite15:

jackofdiamonds said:(just kidding)....but not really.

We are not all that bad nor are we constrained to just one group. Bwahahaha.

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

RGP is vastly superior in terms of technical expertise.

This has not been my experience. I get better technical response here, and better "i need x part" response there.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #15 12 years ago

I'm on there, here and KLOV. Each has it's own feel. Not better or worse, but you learn where to post certain things. I'm no expert, so I like to learn as much as I can. Three or more forums are better than one in my book. I'll take free advice anytime. It's just pinball, not a gang war.

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from MES:

It's just pinball, not a gang war

Until the Bottom Boys get involved!

#17 12 years ago

How about a Happy Hour or two at GEX during showdown with beer's and some Apps, then an event in July?

#18 12 years ago

Just make sure you wait until Dan releases the tourney/pinchat schedule. If it conflicted with a popular tournament or chat it could cut into your turnout.

Quoted from Gexchange:

How about a Happy Hour or two at GEX during showdown with beer's and some Apps, then an event in July?

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

Just make sure you wait until Dan releases the tourney/pinchat schedule. If it conflicted with a popular tournament or chat it could cut into your turnout.
    Gexchange said:How about a Happy Hour or two at GEX during showdown with beer's and some Apps, then an event in July?

I would.. I don't want to steal Dan's Thunder

#20 12 years ago

Hey JJ,I like your idea of doing this for Pinsiders and RGP,maybe have some shopping/parts/rubbers/light bulb specials,drawings,super secret raffles,tournaments,a pinata for kids,throw those bean bag/washer games for kids also.Just throwing out some ideas.
    It would be neat to be able to meet some of these guys and play some pinball and all of the other great toys in The Game Exchange's showroom.Wives,Kids,Friends,Inlaws ?
    Would you be letting us play-pool,air hockey,video,shuffleboard,tabletop and the other games?
    Maybe a Saturday,like Noon till 10 PM-that way you have a few of the retail shoppers,and then our Pinside/RGP wives,kids,friends,inlaws or whatever Sat. afternoon and early evening,then the true/die hard pinheads and gamers stay till Sat. nite-9,10,11:00 PM,just my thoughts about something like you are talking about,and also if it's in late June or July/August people could kinda plan on coming or decide to blow it off as well.
    (Also-kinda keep this on the DL ) If this is all well thought out and planned in advance,I could possibly forsee my WOZECLE #666 making a surprise guest appearance there as well ?
    That is if it is even built by then and if all the variables worked in my favor,a BIG part of it would be if I had some people (2 or 3) to help,and an Escalara-electric dolly to get the WOZ out of my house/basement in the first place and then help to get it to your location,and then back to my house the next day or two after the event.
    Talk to you later about all of the above,and we can monitor this thread for a few weeks or so.

#21 12 years ago

Kirk I like the idea.. and I like the Number on your WOZECLE even more.. My work number ends in 4666 =)

Yes I would open the full showroom up to all guests... Whats the fun of limiting it to only pinball!

I like the Idea of doing two events so the out of town people in town for RMPS can come hang out but I don't know what times things at the showdown goes to and such.

#22 12 years ago

O ALSO anyone going to the RMPS Hotel VQ off I-25 by the New Mile High Stadium, we have a Discount rate at.. its not a bad hotel and the rate's pretty good. has a bar ontop too.

Just call and Ask for the GAME EXCHANGE Rate. I think its 59 a night.. But not 100% sure on that.

2 weeks later
    #23 12 years ago

looks like the tournament schedule is up, Any one have thoughts on Day and times for us to host?

#24 12 years ago

Team RGP vs. Team Pinside!! Sounds epic!

#25 12 years ago

Pinside is Home Economics, RGP is metal shop.

I got an A in home ec and a C in metal shop.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-and-rgp-night-at-game-exchange-of-colorado and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.