Topic Stats

• 274 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Nikonokin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3 11 2017 (resized).PNG
    SafariScreenSnapz095 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 9.34.26 AM (resized).png
    Screenshot_20161002-202733 (resized).png
    realboy (resized).jpeg
    TooManyPinsNonsense (resized).png
    tumblr_mqm0qbH01O1r3vs52o2_500 (resized).png
    0845a7dac43cb43a866f53984430c9bd (resized).jpg
    high-five-borat (resized).jpg
    98f (resized).png
    IMG_2253 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1455 (resized).JPG
    images (8) (resized).jpg
    Robin-Martijn-paddling-LA_swamps_w_alligators-Mar2016 (resized).jpg
    legitness (resized).jpg
    pinside - confirm user (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#141 7 years ago

I am verified but I am not allowed to post about machines I have coming up for sale since a few "bad apples" started a bunch of shit on a couple of my post a few weeks back. Blocking people from posting about pinball machines on a pinball machine forum just doesn't make any sense to me? Why not block the "bad guys" and let me tell the community about nearly 100 machines that are going to be coming up for sale shortly?

My beef isn't with Robin or the moderators - my issue is with the way things got handled when I asked the pinball community for some help and advise. I am still planning on listing machines for sale here on the marketplace. But I am seriously wondering how successful a pinball site is going to be long term when it doesn't allow people to talk about pinball machines coming up for sale?

In any event I don't blame Robin for trying to make a few bucks with all the work involved in running a site like this and I think overall he has done a great job with the site. I just am sad to see where things have gone with the "pinball community" and I think this is the beginning of the end for the future of this hobby. There are way too many negative people involved in the hobby these days and way too much "sour grapes".

Thankfully my son & I have decided to head different directions and we are going to be walking away from this hobby shortly. But it really saddens me to see where things are headed.

#151 7 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Skip, you have posted about your upcoming machines for sale so much that people are sick of hearing your broken record. You're free to post marketplace ads like anyone else.
    No one should be able to start a dozen threads about the same coming soon sale.

I started a total of 3 threads - all asking for ideas & advice - and all I got was "how much - where are the prices - etc". I have never tried to sell a bunch of machines all at once before and was just looking to a forum for some help. I still don't understand what was wrong with that?

But people like you just had to keep giving me a hard time about trying to figure out how best to sell a bunch of machines quickly. And because of "all" the help I got now I am going to have to do things the hard way and list one machine at a time which was what I was trying to avoid in the first place!

#184 7 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Note that the tag says "Verified Pinsider". It doesn't say "Great Pinsider". Verification is not some magic potion that will suddenly make bad Pinsiders into truthful, patient, friendly or beautiful people. It won't make coffee either.
    I don't expect it to. It is there to *help* stop spam and trolling and to make it harder to create a duplicate account. Will it stop all abuse? Probably not. But it's definitely helping so far.

Robin,

Keep up the great work! One thing for sure in life is you will never keep 100% of the people happy so as long as the majority are happy all you can do is what you think is best.

Over the past month I have had some issues here & your moderators have been great to work with. I messed up trying to do something outside the box and quickly learned it is impossible to make everyone happy. All any of us can do is the best we can.

Thanks again for the great site!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-account-verification?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.