Topic Stats

• 274 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Nikonokin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3 11 2017 (resized).PNG
    SafariScreenSnapz095 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 9.34.26 AM (resized).png
    Screenshot_20161002-202733 (resized).png
    realboy (resized).jpeg
    TooManyPinsNonsense (resized).png
    tumblr_mqm0qbH01O1r3vs52o2_500 (resized).png
    0845a7dac43cb43a866f53984430c9bd (resized).jpg
    high-five-borat (resized).jpg
    98f (resized).png
    IMG_2253 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1455 (resized).JPG
    images (8) (resized).jpg
    Robin-Martijn-paddling-LA_swamps_w_alligators-Mar2016 (resized).jpg
    legitness (resized).jpg
    pinside - confirm user (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaveH.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 7 years ago
    Quoted from catboxer:

I am not a robot!

That is EXACTLY what a robot would say!

2 months later
    #162 7 years ago
    Quoted from volcanodiver:

I know why it was done, it's still stupid.
    I just went by exactly what you said the verification was "too prove you are a real person" now you're saying is to prove a person is a "legitimate user" either the target is moving or there is no actual target.
    Around here anyone who disagrees is branded a troll, it does not mean they are, it just means they aren't sheep. Shit I've been called a troll in this thread already just for saying I won't verify. That's the attitude problem with this place and another of the reasons why I would never verify myself to a place like this. This place is worse than a high school in terms of the peer pressure and cliques.

You don't have to verify. But that has been said over and over. I didn't verify until recently when the policies changed. But you are an interesting case, because it isn't just the personal information you are against, you are actually trying to avoid people you have met from being able to identify your online persona. That is the exact tactic that has been used by others here that they are trying to stop. And the changes in policy (not posting in manufacturer threads and others), is just to combat trolling.

And you really sound like one of those folks that loudly posts in a thread that they are draining that thread. You can rally around the banner of "no verification" all you want, but that's the policies of Pinside now. No matter how you try to box ForceFlow into a corner with word parsing, it is what it is. You understand the policy, even if you don't want to accept it.

#166 7 years ago
    Quoted from volcanodiver:

Again, more if you're not like us, you're against us

Again, horsecrap. There are lots of dissenting opinions from verified users. In fact, some verified users are dinks, and I support their dinkhood here. None of this is to turn Pinside into groupthink central. You can disagree all you want. If you don't like something, you can say it, just like you are doing in this thread.

2 weeks later
    #233 7 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Resistance to verification could be partly because robin and the moderator team handle many complaints before most users ever see them.

This is SO true. There was one day when I watched dozens of threads being made with anti-Pinside statements. I'd refresh and see them, refresh 15 seconds later and they were gone, and 15 more seconds later there would be a dozen new ones.

These policies were put in place to stop that kind of crap going on, and to lessen the unnecessary load on the mods. Hopefully it is having that kind of impact.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaveH.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-account-verification?tu=DaveH and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.