Topic Stats

• 274 posts
  • 106 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Nikonokin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 22 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3 11 2017 (resized).PNG
    SafariScreenSnapz095 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 9.34.26 AM (resized).png
    Screenshot_20161002-202733 (resized).png
    realboy (resized).jpeg
    TooManyPinsNonsense (resized).png
    tumblr_mqm0qbH01O1r3vs52o2_500 (resized).png
    0845a7dac43cb43a866f53984430c9bd (resized).jpg
    high-five-borat (resized).jpg
    98f (resized).png
    IMG_2253 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1455 (resized).JPG
    images (8) (resized).jpg
    Robin-Martijn-paddling-LA_swamps_w_alligators-Mar2016 (resized).jpg
    legitness (resized).jpg
    pinside - confirm user (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

What is the real purpose of this "verification"

Stop spammers, scammers and trolls.

#252 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Am I "verified"?

Apparently you are

Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 9.34.26 AM (resized).png

#253 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Stop spammers, scammers and trolls.

Did I unknowingly surrender some personal information or something?

How does it work?

How did I get "verified"?

#254 3 years ago

Back to my original question, which forums and subforums are open to unverified users? I suppose I could just try the ones I want to, but I was curious if the definitive list has been posted. I know the Market and Manufacturers forums are off-limits to me. Any others?

Is there a "newbie introduction" or "member introduction" area on this site? That may be a good start for me, as I can post what I am hoping to learn about the pinball and pin collecting hobby and those who are inclined to read and give tips can do so. I don't see one on a quick perusal, but let me know if there is such a subforum. Thanks!

#255 3 years ago

"All Pinball" is probably the most appropriate place in the forums but your profile has an area for "your story" that is an even better match. It just won't get seen by as many people and won't generate many replies.

P.S. the guys from the Broken Token podcast are from Kentucky. If they are local to you they could help connect you to your local scene.

#256 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Likely from 4 years on Pinside not acting like a spammer, scammer or troll.

#257 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

How does it work?

RTFM

#258 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sumer:

Back to my original question, which forums and subforums are open to unverified users? I suppose I could just try the ones I want to, but I was curious if the definitive list has been posted. I know the Market and Manufacturers forums are off-limits to me. Any others?
    Is there a "newbie introduction" or "member introduction" area on this site? That may be a good start for me, as I can post what I am hoping to learn about the pinball and pin collecting hobby and those who are inclined to read and give tips can do so. I don't see one on a quick perusal, but let me know if there is such a subforum. Thanks!

Thanks for the reply! Not sure where in the state Broken Token is hailing from, but I think I did see some of them at the Louisville Arcade Expo. I live in the Cincinnati metro area, for what it's worth, so the Cincy community may be more appropriate for me.

#260 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Where's the manual?

This thread you found.... try reading the start of it

#261 3 years ago

robin The Pinside FAQ doesn't mention verification. Might be helpful to add something about it.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/welcome-to-the-pinside

#262 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

This thread you found.... try reading the start of it

I did read the beginning of the thread but it didn't really answer the questions.

#263 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

What is the real purpose of this "verification" and who is this guy from the Netherlands who is asking for our personal information?
    How can you tell if someone is "verified"? I've been on here for several years now and the hundreds of people on here who have purchased parts from me know who I am.
    Am I "verified"?

Quoted from Gatecrasher:

What is the real purpose of this "verification" and who is this guy from the Netherlands who is asking for our personal information?
    How can you tell if someone is "verified"? I've been on here for several years now and the hundreds of people on here who have purchased parts from me know who I am.
    Am I "verified"?

If you've been here for a few years and still haven't donated to Pinside you're a cheap ass and Robin should've already canned you from the site.

#264 3 years ago
    Quoted from yonizzell:

If you've been here for a few years and still haven't donated to Pinside you're a cheap ass and Robin should've already canned you from the site.

So because you've donated some money (and I bet it ain't a whole lot) to the forum, that gives you the privilege (and from your arrogance apparently you feel is your God-given right) to verbally-abuse others on the forum?

I'll tell you one thing, if donating money to this forum gives someone the right to act like a total asshole I think I'll keep my money.

I think you have proven the point that this "verification" program hasn't worked if the intention was to eliminate "Trolls" because you are sure acting like one.

Troll Definition: A forum 'troll' is an abusive or obnoxious person who purposely seeks to get a rise out of others and does not abide by etiquette or the rules of common courtesy. Trolls consider themselves superior to others and purposely sow ill will between other forum members. The only way to deal with a forum troll is to ignore them, or take away their ability to post online.

I'm through with this thread. Sorry I even stumbled across it.

#265 3 years ago
    Quoted from yonizzell:

You should change your name to PurgeBait.

Likewise, donating doesn't keep you safe from being shitcanned by the mods.

#266 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Am I "verified"?

Donating happens to be one way to get verified.

SafariScreenSnapz095 (resized).png

#267 3 years ago
    Quoted from yonizzell:

So are you saying the founder of Jersey Jack Pinball is a "cheap ass" and Robin should have canned him from the site?

Maybe he is just being frugal.

3 11 2017 (resized).PNG

#268 3 years ago

There is no need to shame anyone for not donating. It's an individual choice.

#269 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

How does it work?

Your profile says that you were verified using a paypal account. The mechanisms in place simply check for a valid account in good standing. This is enough to prove that you are "real".

#270 3 years ago

Can mods verify me? Thanks.

1 week later
    #271 3 years ago

Why is there no "cancel" button for when you choose to verify by other member? Now it is just sitting there waiting for them to verify my account when I can try someone else? I have been a member for a long time, stepped away from the hobby for a while and now I would like to post as normal.

#272 3 years ago

This board is the mother of all speculation.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 165.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 248.85
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 69.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 30.40
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    M&M Mods
    $ 101.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 67.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    There are 272 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside