(Topic ID: 280641)

Pinside 2020 Secret Santa Program - Sign Up Through Nov. 14th (NOW CLOSED)

By LesManley

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 144 posts
  • 94 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by LesManley
  • Topic is favorited by 38 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

wopr.gif
    865149AF-A547-4871-998F-0664054CE408 (resized).jpeg
    D9A956C7-9B83-4D16-9228-68FE04F185D6 (resized).jpeg
    craft (resized).jpg
    101 (resized).jpg
    8EDB047F-AC47-4E69-B0D6-D32215514AA2 (resized).jpeg
    santa3 (resized).png
    76 (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    bean.gif
    KnobbyImpracticalAmericanpainthorse-size_restricted.gif
    giphy-11.gif
    santa (resized).png
    cant wait.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 3 years ago

HO, HO, HO!

It's close enough to Halloween and this year has pretty much sucked, so let's officially set our sights on Christmas again and with that comes the 4TH ANNUAL PINSIDE SECRET SANTA PROGRAM! The first year we had 61 participants, then 113 in 2018 and 147 in 2019. I'm almost scared to see where this year ends up, I think a lot of people could use a little bit more cheer in their lives this year! People have fun with it, get to be a big kid again and some really go the extra mile to be creative in finding out what to get their person. Because of all that, let's give it a another go this year and see if we can put even more smiles on people's faces come Christmas morning...just going to have to pull all the masks down so we can see them. I'll keep the Secret Santa sign up open until Saturday night, November 14th. So shout it from the rooftops...tell your friends, neighbors, co-workers over Zoom...we don't want anyone to miss out that wants in. After the November 14th I really have to close it down so I can match up participants, send out Secret Santa information and people can start buying their gifts. Once the sign up period has ended, I will create a new thread for all the participants and link to it in this thread as always.

If you are totally unfamiliar with what this SS Program entails, here is a quick synopsis:

Everyone who chooses to participate sends me the information requested below via private message and is put on the Secret Santa list. After registration is closed on Nov. 14th, I will randomly choose recipients for each Santa. Every Santa will receive the Pinsider name, list of ideas/information (if any were sent to me) and address of their recipient. They then do some investigation into their recipient's games and likes, they locate/purchase gift(s) and send to their recipient. Everyone who participates will send a gift(s) and receive a gift(s) to open whenever they choose this holiday season to hopefully help end this year on a good note.

If you want to check out the complete details and/or you just want to relive all the joy we had in previous years, here are the Secret Santa threads from the past...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2018-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2017-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread

If you want to participate here is what I need from you via private message...

Your full name and mailing address

Your email address

Your shirt size

Suggestions: I suggest providing a list of ideas to help your Santa out, but ultimately your Santa will decide what to get you. Not required, but if you update your collection on Pinside, include a list of your current games in the PM to me and/or mention that you also like arcade games and/or things like pop culture for instance, that could also help give your Santa ideas and direction. Please don't come into this with huge expectations, or have hard feelings if it's not anything on your list, just enjoy what's received. Remember, this is as fun of an experience as you make it!

I think that's everything. I'll update usernames as I can from PMs as they come in in this thread as well, so everyone knows I got their message and that they are included. Feel free to post in this thread that you are participating or share past stories and encourage others to do so as well if you want. The more the merrier!

2020 Secret Santas: (Updated 11/15 - 1:55pm)

1 2Kaulitz
    2 67cutlass
    3 acitti
    4 action76
    5 Aflacjack
    6 alexmogil
    7 amkoepfer
    8 Apinjunkie
    9 Arcade
    10 ArcadeTechNerd
    11 Atari_Daze
    12 atrainn
    13 Axaios
    14 balt
    15 bbriese
    16 BertoDRINK1
    17 bicyclenut
    18 Blitzburgh99
    19 BlueIrocGuy
    20 bowtech
    21 bowz
    22 BubbaBeast
    23 Captainhook
    24 Charliew65
    25 Cheberha
    26 ChrisPINk25
    27 chubtoad13
    28 Coindork
    29 Colsond3
    30 Coz
    31 Daditude
    32 davidldennis
    33 dc2010
    34 Dee-Bow
    35 Devilsmuse
    36 dnapac
    37 docquest
    38 drbrain
    39 EasternBloc
    40 easye9901
    41 Ericc123
    42 FatPanda
    43 Fezmid
    44 fiberdude120
    45 fosaisu
    46 gentrsa
    47 Gexchange
    48 gliebig
    49 Gogojohnnyquack
    50 grantopia
    51 Gritty
    52 groffdaddy
    53 guitarded
    54 Hayfarmer
    55 HighVoltage
    56 hogbog
    57 homegameroom
    58 hool10
    59 hupchallenge
    60 icanswim70
    61 Insane
    62 Isochronic_Frost
    63 j_m
    64 Jaeg
    65 Jason_Jehosaphat
    66 Jawa
    67 jellikit
    68 Jenniebear
    69 jesperpark
    70 Jimmyhonda
    71 joefox22
    72 jp1985
    73 JRBBRJ
    74 KingPinGames
    75 Kwaheltrut
    76 LesManley
    77 Liftserv
    78 lowbeau67
    79 luckycreature
    80 mandelbloom
    81 matiou
    82 Mcrorin
    83 merccat
    84 Metaluna
    85 mickey
    86 Miguel351
    87 Mitoska
    88 Mitoska (Son)
    89 Mjonesproperty
    90 Mr_Tantrum
    91 MrMikeman
    92 MrsPin
    93 Mtg381
    94 Murphdom
    95 Muskie82
    96 NeilMcRae
    97 newovad
    98 northerndude
    99 northvibe
    100 Number41
    101 pacmanretro
    102 PappaDubz
    103 paulbaptise
    104 Pdxmonkey
    105 Penguideity
    106 Percula
    107 Phat_Jay
    108 pin2d
    109 pinballj
    110 Pinballlew
    111 pinballphotos
    112 pingod
    113 Pinmasher
    114 Pin-Pilot
    115 Pinsterwmass
    116 Pintor
    117 PokerJake
    118 Ponzie
    119 Propsnsports
    120 RCA1
    121 rodcom
    122 Saltimbanco
    123 SarverSystems
    124 Secret Santa
    125 SeeDeeS
    126 SevenEightyRacer
    127 SKWilson
    128 SkyKing2301
    129 Soapman
    130 Stosel
    131 swinks
    132 TakingupSpace
    133 the96stang
    134 TiltDis
    135 TommyGavin
    136 TonyScoots
    137 TrixTrix
    138 troxel
    139 Twilight1
    140 undrdog
    141 wesh
    142 Westbury
    143 Wolfmarsh
    144 WonderMellon
    145 ZEN
    146 zenbone

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Twilight1:

Pm you hope us Canucks can join in.

Absolutely you can participate. Lots of our maple syrup loving, hockey playing, canoe paddling, poutine eating friends to north participate every year. International Pinsiders can join in the fun too, that just gets a little more tricky, but we make it work.

Quoted from northerndude:

We had a handful last year. Les keeps canada in canada and so on to keep shipping somewhat reasonable. But I know shipping was expensive for me last year

This is true, so actually the more the better!

#44 3 years ago

At first glance tonight looks to be about 36 more e-mails I have to go through, so with the people from before we are pushing 50 participants after 2 days. I'll be adding everyone who sent me a PM with their information to the participant list, so make sure to check there for your username to make sure you are in. Thanks!

#56 3 years ago

SS listed updated. Good to see so many familiar pinsiders from years past, plus a healthy mix of new pinsiders to the program!

#63 3 years ago

List is now updated again with anyone I have gotten a private message with info from.

I've seen a few people post that they are in or wanted in, but I haven't gotten a PM from them. If you want in, please shoot me a message with your info so I can add you even if you have participated before. I don't just want to assume your information from a previous year is still correct and have a package or e-mail end up somewhere you won't see them. Thanks!

#66 3 years ago

List should be fully updated again. Up to...

76 (resized).jpg76 (resized).jpg
    #72 3 years ago

List updated again. Up to 85 now. Lots more Canucks and first timers just opted in on the fun!

#87 3 years ago

We've crossed the century mark. 4 days left to go to get in.

101 (resized).jpg101 (resized).jpg
    #89 3 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

Have you shared this link on Facebook? Pinball Enthusiasts or whatever other pinball groups you're a part of? I didn't catch this thread until I got your email earlier today.

I haven't, only because I wanted to make sure that participants were Pinsider members and not just random pinball enthusiasts. I think it would potentially be much harder to keep track of and keep random strangers honest off of Pinside.

#109 3 years ago

Note to self: pair balt up with fiberdude120.

#114 3 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

Sometimes I should just keep my thoughts to myself.

You'd be the bell of the ball anywhere you went in outfits like those.

#131 3 years ago

134 now and climbing...just over a day left for signing up...

#144 3 years ago

The time has come to enter everyone to the Secret Santa Super Computer so it can process all the information and get everyone matched up! I'm going to shut it down here and create a new thread for all participants to follow to keep things clean and simple. That thread is...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2020-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread

If you are still late to the game or know someone else who is, you still have a chance to get it before everyone is matched up. Just shoot me a message. Other than that, Moderators robin please shut down this thread since registration is now closed. Thanks again!

wopr.gifwopr.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-2020-secret-santa-program-sign-up-through-nov-14th?tu=lesmanley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.