Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 221 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture+_2018-08-02-10-53-27 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 10.34.18 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 10.34.33 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 10.29.12 PM (resized).png
    Screenshot_2018-07-09-18-48-13 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2018-07-09-18-43-12 (resized).png
    da70a1295894682e0c737a1141f6aba2cb0f3c39 (resized).png
    Capture+_2018-07-09-18-46-00 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2018-07-07-11-08-21 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#100 5 years ago

I have to admit I'm not wild about the changes to the quote boxes. There's a lot going on with them that isn't entirely working for me. Sorry to nitpick, but these are my thoughts:

- the rounded edges feels out of place, everything else around them is squared off, it's not really clear why they're like that

- the radius on the rounded edges is close but not the same as the radius on the circles for the avatars, which creates an awkward visual tension

- the little in-cut shadow on the left side feels out of place, and visually distracting, I'm not sure what purpose it's serving, but combined with the avatar and the radius difference there's just a lot of noise in that upper left corner now. It feels added because you could, not because it was necessary in any way, and as an element that appears repeatedly across lots of posts I'd personally prefer it to be as clean as possible when reading

- the new way of just cutting off longer text looks like a glitch, my brain registers it as something broken every time I see it, it doesn't look purposeful

- in addition to the cut off text feeling weird, there's no visual indication that there's more text to read and you need to click to expand. This feels unfriendly to new users, but even as a Pinside vet I've already clicked a couple shorter quotes to see if there was more or not, because I can't tell if I'm seeing the whole thing or if there's a line break and more text that I'm missing. Having to 'guess click' doesn't feel good

Just my two cents, but quotes are used a lot, we see them repeatedly in almost every thread, kind of a major element to the site.

#138 5 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Great points. I have gone back and looked at the quote boxes critically (I must admit, I didn't spend too much time on it for the update) and have implemented some changes.

Woot! Looking much better, thank you sir.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-2018-update-new-logo-?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.