Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 221 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture+_2018-08-02-10-53-27 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 10.34.18 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 10.34.33 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 10.29.12 PM (resized).png
    Screenshot_2018-07-09-18-48-13 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2018-07-09-18-43-12 (resized).png
    da70a1295894682e0c737a1141f6aba2cb0f3c39 (resized).png
    Capture+_2018-07-09-18-46-00 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2018-07-07-11-08-21 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.png

There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 5 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Anyone else think the new logo looks kind of creepy?

I thought it was the same logo only vectorized.

#102 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

When I clicked on topics I viewed I get nothing. This is with Safari on my iPad.

Working now.

#103 5 years ago

This quoting concern is already addressed in other forum designs

They use the text fading away and a explicit 'click' text to make it clear

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 12.48.19 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-06-01 at 12.48.19 PM (resized).png

#104 5 years ago

On my iMac, using Safari, I can no longer view Pinside correctly. Here is a photo of how Pinside appears. Any advice?

On my Galaxy Note 8 phone, Pinside appears correctly.

20180601_195820 (resized).jpg20180601_195820 (resized).jpg
    #105 5 years ago
    Quoted from ZNET:

On my iMac, using Safari,

Same problem I have with Pinside only

#106 5 years ago

In the Top 100, under Custom Rankings, why is there not an option to filter by manufacturer? There are options to filter by decade, etc, but I don’t see an option to just look ratings for a specific manufacturer only.

#107 5 years ago

The numbers on the side aren't working again. The link works correctly but it shows no new messages when there is.

#108 5 years ago

After clicking one of my favorite topics with a new post (green circle), when returning to favorite topic list the other topics with unread new posts (green circles) have lost the green circle indicator. I have to navigate out of favorites then back into favorites to get the green indicators back.

#109 5 years ago

Nice logo!

#110 5 years ago

If no one has mentioned it yet, the favicon icon next to the tab (in chrome at least) is still the older logo.

Favicon (resized).PNGFavicon (resized).PNG
    #111 5 years ago

Sadly, ever since the changes were made, there's now a thread where Ted is showing his chest hair. I don't come to Pinside for pics of chest hair. I'm using Chrome on a Mac if that makes a difference.

#112 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Sadly, ever since the changes were made, there's now a thread where Ted is showing his chest hair. I don't come to Pinside for pics of chest hair. I'm using Chrome on a Mac if that makes a difference.

That’s a bug in Chrome. Not Pinside. Something about how it loads style sheets... more hair.

#113 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Definitely be sure to file a bug report for that one.

#114 5 years ago

It all.looks good and clear on my Droid phone

#115 5 years ago

So, If I am looking at "topics marked as favourites", and then click on one of the threads showing there are new posts, and then when I go back to the "Topics marked as favourites", the topics all show as read, I have to reload it with the star icon for the "topics marked as favourites" in order to get the list to show which ones have unread posts again. If that makes any sense.

Thanks, Dave

#116 5 years ago

The large topic title in front of the blue background is no longer using the dots font. Using iPad 3 on the latest supported iOS version.

#117 5 years ago

Finally, embedded videos. Thank You. This will save me a lot of wasted time! Things are looking great with this update.

#118 5 years ago

@robin
    One thing that bugs me is the search feature in marketplace. When I get a game to sell that I havent had in a while, I always go to the marketplace to check the value. I like to check current, and then I switch to archived. But I must enter the name of the game for both of them. Is there any way to make it that if you are searching in the marketplace, that if you switch to archived, its save the game ?

#119 5 years ago

One thing that I've noticed (not sure if anyone else has pointed this out - I did a quick skim and didn't see anything), but there's one particular thread that the topics tab keeps telling me has 3 new posts since my last visit. When I click on the green number, it takes me to the latest post, which I already saw several days ago, and there are no new posts since then. When I go back to the topics page (not using the "back" button, but actually clicking on the topics tab to essentially refresh it), instead of the thread greying out to zero new posts, it once again tells me there are three new posts.

It's only doing this with one thread (for me, at least). Namely, this one: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09

#120 5 years ago

Looking cool!

#121 5 years ago

Looking cool!

#122 5 years ago
    Quoted from 30FathomDave:

One thing that I've noticed (not sure if anyone else has pointed this out - I did a quick skim and didn't see anything), but there's one particular thread that the topics tab keeps telling me has 3 new posts since my last visit. When I click on the green number, it takes me to the latest post, which I already saw several days ago, and there are no new posts since then. When I go back to the topics page (not using the "back" button, but actually clicking on the topics tab to essentially refresh it), instead of the thread greying out to zero new posts, it once again tells me there are three new posts.
    It's only doing this with one thread (for me, at least). Namely, this one: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09

Are you sure the posts aren't being made by ignored users?

#123 5 years ago

Do I really want a shortcut to one Pinsider? Header is pretty wide too.

IMG_0297 (resized).PNGIMG_0297 (resized).PNG

#124 5 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Are you sure the posts aren't being made by ignored users?

Yep! I don’t have anyone on my ignore list.

#125 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Do I really want a shortcut to one Pinsider?

What you circled is the photo credit.

#126 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

What you circled is the photo credit.

And it is a member page, PM link, and minor annoyance. I don;t understand the point either.

#127 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

And it is a member page, PM link, and minor annoyance. I don;t understand the point either.

What else would be a better link for a member name?

You don’t see the point of giving people credit for their showcased photo?

#128 5 years ago
    Quoted from gtxjoe:

Regarding mobile version feedback. I am starting to read more often in landscape mode, zoomed in to the post content. The eyes are not what they used to be... When I do this, I can no longer see the poster’s name.
    Any chance you would consider shifting the username to where the post # is? Here is what I see on IOS

That's kind of difficult, because I would have to alter the page layout on the fly in response to zoom actions made by the user.

A better solution might be for you to keep the page zoomed out and then we find a way to increase (post) text size. I could make it a setting, or something like that.

Or maybe get a bigger phone?

Quoted from Aurich:

I have to admit I'm not wild about the changes to the quote boxes. There's a lot going on with them that isn't entirely working for me. Sorry to nitpick, but these are my thoughts:
    - the rounded edges feels out of place, everything else around them is squared off, it's not really clear why they're like that
    - the radius on the rounded edges is close but not the same as the radius on the circles for the avatars, which creates an awkward visual tension
    - the little in-cut shadow on the left side feels out of place, and visually distracting, I'm not sure what purpose it's serving, but combined with the avatar and the radius difference there's just a lot of noise in that upper left corner now. It feels added because you could, not because it was necessary in any way, and as an element that appears repeatedly across lots of posts I'd personally prefer it to be as clean as possible when reading
    - the new way of just cutting off longer text looks like a glitch, my brain registers it as something broken every time I see it, it doesn't look purposeful
    - in addition to the cut off text feeling weird, there's no visual indication that there's more text to read and you need to click to expand. This feels unfriendly to new users, but even as a Pinside vet I've already clicked a couple shorter quotes to see if there was more or not, because I can't tell if I'm seeing the whole thing or if there's a line break and more text that I'm missing. Having to 'guess click' doesn't feel good
    Just my two cents, but quotes are used a lot, we see them repeatedly in almost every thread, kind of a major element to the site.

Great points. I have gone back and looked at the quote boxes critically (I must admit, I didn't spend too much time on it for the update) and have implemented some changes.

Quoted from Rascal_H:

I thought it was the same logo only vectorized.

The old logo was also an svg (vector). I asked JP to improve the type (the old font was hard to read) and redesign the ball icon to something more universal and less, ugh, Junk Yard looking.

Quoted from flynnibus:

This quoting concern is already addressed in other forum designs
    They use the text fading away and a explicit 'click' text to make it clear

Yep, that looks nice.

Quoted from ZNET:

On my iMac, using Safari, I can no longer view Pinside correctly. Here is a photo of how Pinside appears. Any advice?
    On my Galaxy Note 8 phone, Pinside appears correctly.

Ouch. Look to me like you need to hold shift and click refresh. I hope that will solve the problem.

Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

In the Top 100, under Custom Rankings, why is there not an option to filter by manufacturer? There are options to filter by decade, etc, but I don’t see an option to just look ratings for a specific manufacturer only.

Good idea, added!

Quoted from jwilson:

The numbers on the side aren't working again. The link works correctly but it shows no new messages when there is.

Aaargh, this keeps cropping up. Does it happen for every topic or just specific ones?

Quoted from PinballCoug:

After clicking one of my favorite topics with a new post (green circle), when returning to favorite topic list the other topics with unread new posts (green circles) have lost the green circle indicator. I have to navigate out of favorites then back into favorites to get the green indicators back.

Quoted from PinsOnly:

So, If I am looking at "topics marked as favourites", and then click on one of the threads showing there are new posts, and then when I go back to the "Topics marked as favourites", the topics all show as read, I have to reload it with the star icon for the "topics marked as favourites" in order to get the list to show which ones have unread posts again. If that makes any sense.
    Thanks, Dave

Probably related to the problem jwilson reports. I will invesitgate.

Quoted from Tilt:

robin
    One thing that bugs me is the search feature in marketplace. When I get a game to sell that I havent had in a while, I always go to the marketplace to check the value. I like to check current, and then I switch to archived. But I must enter the name of the game for both of them. Is there any way to make it that if you are searching in the marketplace, that if you switch to archived, its save the game ?

Added a quick link for you:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Quoted from tjw998:

If no one has mentioned it yet, the favicon icon next to the tab (in chrome at least) is still the older logo.

I think you need to clear your browser cache for it to update.

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I hope you did mark those images NSFW?

In all seriousness, if someone makes off-topic posts in non-O/T threads, report it and the moderators can take action.

Quoted from Crash:

The large topic title in front of the blue background is no longer using the dots font. Using iPad 3 on the latest supported iOS version.

Weird. Maybe empty your cache? It works on my iPad.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Do I really want a shortcut to one Pinsider? Header is pretty wide too.

I have started accepting member-contributed images for the Pinside header. As such, a photo credit box was nessecary. I think the font and text is small enough to be non-distracting. If it is to you... uhm... I'm sorry about that!

#129 5 years ago

Extra gobbly-gook on eBay / Craigslist links?

E775DA07-098E-4EB0-B3EE-2B4B85F492AF (resized).jpegE775DA07-098E-4EB0-B3EE-2B4B85F492AF (resized).jpegF5FD068C-6F99-4729-BA0C-7F09A97642C7 (resized).jpegF5FD068C-6F99-4729-BA0C-7F09A97642C7 (resized).jpeg
    #130 5 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

I have started accepting member-contributed images for the Pinside header. As such, a photo credit box was nessecary.

That's cool & what I figured you were going for. I wanted to send you a few photos but when I go to click on it....it brings me to a PM to you. But there's no way for me to attach the picture files in the PM.

Do I upload the pics to another site and send you the link in the PM?

Thanks

#131 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Extra gobbly-gook on eBay / Craigslist links?

Huh. Interesting.

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Do I upload the pics to another site and send you the link in the PM?

You can e-mail me at [email protected]

#132 5 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

You don’t see the point of giving people credit for their showcased photo?

I do, I don't understand the part aboot linking it directly to the PMs. Just so these people can be easily contacted about the picture they submitted?
    I'm usually in favor of a more streamlined look without everything being hypertext

#133 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I do, I don't understand the part aboot linking it directly to the PMs. Just so these people can be easily contacted about the picture they submitted?
    I'm usually in favor of a more streamlined look without everything being hypertext

The photo credit, e.g. "Photo: Pinballphotos" links to the photographers profile page. The plus icon links to my PM box where people can submit photos. Its title text reads "Your photo here?" - I'm not sure what you mean either or what you dislike about it.

#134 5 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

More
    The plus icon links to my PM box where people can submit photos. Its title text reads "Your photo here?"

Ahhh... Makes total sense sorry. Never saw the text box before you mentioned it.

#135 5 years ago

I'm having a problem starting a new thread in Safari on my iMac. Keep getting an error when I go to preview it.

Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 1.24.40 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-06-04 at 1.24.40 PM (resized).png
    #136 5 years ago

I like the Pulitzer category but prefer it count words in all posts within past 7 days instead of only counting words in the first post of each thread. Might be easy to do and probably simpler than current queries.

#137 5 years ago

I really wish all of this...

squish (resized).pngsquish (resized).png

Were part of collapsed panes that are not shown by default or under tool icons. There is just SO MUCH dead space you must scroll through to get to the actual content.

I love the idea of stats, the gallery, etc... but I don't need it on every page, on every load, taking up 1.5x screens worth of space just to read the actual meat of the thread.

Same thing at the bottom of the page... the actual place you put text is only like 15% of the page...

#138 5 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Great points. I have gone back and looked at the quote boxes critically (I must admit, I didn't spend too much time on it for the update) and have implemented some changes.

Woot! Looking much better, thank you sir.

#139 5 years ago

Clicking more gives:

Quoted post should finish with the line:

High Speed. Had some good plastics and play field wiring was intact.

Using:

Google Chrome 65.0.3325.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    Revision dc3469be277cc962ba01d9c0cb5bb1a265676c36-refs/branch-heads/3325@{#725}
    OS Linux

#140 5 years ago

Still seeing some caching issues.

You know what they say, the two hardest problems in programming - cache invalidation and naming things!

#141 5 years ago

This is new!

20180605_164835 (resized).jpg20180605_164835 (resized).jpg
    #142 5 years ago

What’s its mission?

#143 5 years ago

I dont know!

New "marked as resolved" ?

#144 5 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Weird. Maybe empty your cache? It works on my iPad.

I guess that was it, works now. Thanks for taking the time to respond to everyone.

#145 5 years ago

Haven’t been able to pick up on any pattern of when this occurs, but a few times I’ve gotten a generic white page with just the text of “Could not generate unique token after 10 tries.”

Usually refreshing a few times resolves it. Anyone else seen this?

#146 5 years ago

robin chrome on iOS is not happy with the header area on the new site.

See on initial page load the white space left... and when scrolling the header often gets left in a bad spot... scrolling tends to get it back to the top... but it comes off again..

04C83116-95BB-46DF-874A-3405E1AB31E2 (resized).png04C83116-95BB-46DF-874A-3405E1AB31E2 (resized).png
    515E3010-BD4A-4E99-83A0-040A33252D05 (resized).png515E3010-BD4A-4E99-83A0-040A33252D05 (resized).png

Edit: chrome on ipad 2 air

#147 5 years ago

Possible Bug - I tried to add Iron Maiden to the Stern History thread and it just closes and hides the linked game altogether.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sterns-game-release-history

#148 5 years ago

Also can no longer find pinside on the iphone says the server is down

#149 5 years ago

Timestamps shown in PINSIDEMAIL summary screen are not being converted to your personal profile's timezone when its within the same day.

Suggestion, maybe it should just show relative times "X minutes ago"/"X hours ago" just like forum posts do, instead of absolute timestamps. It already does when over 24 hours ("XX days ago"). Showing relative times in minutes/hours would be consistent.

#150 5 years ago

There is an issue with the top 100. When I click on it, NGG isn't #1. ?

I have been noticing that after I go into a thread, when I hit the back button, all the green boxes that tell me about unread posts in other threads are gone.

There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-2018-update-new-logo-/page/3?hl=ajfclark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.