Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 221 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture+_2018-08-02-10-53-27 (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 10.34.18 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 10.34.33 PM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 10.29.12 PM (resized).png
    Screenshot_2018-07-09-18-48-13 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2018-07-09-18-43-12 (resized).png
    da70a1295894682e0c737a1141f6aba2cb0f3c39 (resized).png
    Capture+_2018-07-09-18-46-00 (resized).png
    Screenshot_2018-07-07-11-08-21 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.png

There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 5 years ago

Hi Pinsiders!

It's a big day because, well... it just is

For the past 12 months or so, I have been working very hard on a big site update. Today, phase one of that update was released: a huge forum backend update. I have rewritten large parts of the (aged) forum code, which enables me to extend and build on the Pinside platform for years to come. After months of testing with a nice group of beta testers the forum rewrite is now ready for the final test: You! So please keep an eye out for bugs and let me know (here or via PM) if something doesn't work properly.

New Pinside logoNew Pinside logo

Today also brings a new Pinside logo. No one less than Jean-Paul de Win (http://www.jp-design.nl/), the motion graphics designer and artist for games like Wizard of Oz, The Hobbit, Dialed In, Pirates and The Big Lebowski has stepped up and given the logo a big refresh. Thanks JP!

PS: A lot more stuff was worked on and is (almost) ready to be released. In phases 2 and 3 of the site update (likely next week), there will be more substantial features unveiled. Stay tuned!

#2 5 years ago

Awesome, all the hard work is much appreciated.

#3 5 years ago

Thank you Robin!

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

Love the new photos!

Yes, I almost forgot!

I got in touch with Charles Acosta, who really makes incredible pinball photos. He has agreed to share his photos for the Pinside header.

Be sure to check out his work (and the full photos) at https://pinballphotos.com.

What's more, from now on, the header bar is open for photo submissions. So if you made an incredible photo that would fit nicely with the other photos - send me a PM!

#6 5 years ago

Might just be my Chrome browser, total posts are changing but since my last visit count shows 0...
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#7 5 years ago

small nit..any way to tighten up the space between posts?

Screenshot_20180531-055502_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180531-055502_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #8 5 years ago

As always RobinYOU ROCK!!!!

#9 5 years ago

Great time to remind people to DONATE to Robin / Pinside - these guys tirelessly work to make the site great for all of us and I can attest to the fact from personal experience they are ALWAYS improving and building and trying to grow the site for the better of all of us... Robin and his brother now do this full time and I'm sure it's not cheap - so please support their efforts - there is no greater resource we have in the pinball community !

https://pinside.com/pinball/donate

#10 5 years ago

Thank You, Robin and Pinside Team!

#11 5 years ago

for the new logo... why not make one of the dots on the I a pinball?

#12 5 years ago

Would love to be able to choose to not see certain vendors in the marketplace.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aphex:

for the new logo... why not make one of the dots on the I a pinball?

Then they wouldn't be two flippers

#14 5 years ago

I fear change.

Why do you think I’m into pinball.

#15 5 years ago

Oh snap. Better hoard all the Pinside merch with the old logos and sell the shirts for like $100 a pop.....! They'll be the new LE!!!!!

Love the new logo, Robin!

#16 5 years ago

Looks great but I think a major convenience feature is either gone or I can’t find it.

When you come back to a thread with X amount of new posts the clickable option that takes you right to where you left off is gone I think. So now do we have to guess where the 126 new posts start on what page and go find it manually where we left off in the thread? Hopefully I’m just missing where to click to jump to the new posts. Hope that makes sense what I’m trying to explain haha. Looks great though!!

#17 5 years ago

Ok I think i figured it out from reading another thread. The yellow bar is a bookmark now. So that replaced the clickable feature I’m referring to. Just have to get used to the bookmark now haha.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

When you come back to a thread with X amount of new posts the clickable option that takes you right to where you left off is gone I think.

The yellow bar is a bookmark now. So that replaced the clickable feature I’m referring to.

Nope, looks like a bug. Let me see if I can just ... [grabs bug swatter]

#19 5 years ago

Awesome thanks! You rock. Looking good

#20 5 years ago

Awesome update, thank you for all of your hard work on this!

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Would love to be able to choose to not see certain vendors in the marketplace.

Second this! I'm usually willing to drive up to ~4 hours for the right game, so my search radius usually reflects that. However, that also puts a certain unnamed vendor (who just places ads and contributes nothing to the forums) in my search radius, and my results are then just littered with every NIB Stern from them.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Second this! I'm usually willing to drive up to ~4 hours for the right game, so my search radius usually reflects that. However, that also puts a certain unnamed vendor (who just places ads and contributes nothing to the forums) in my search radius, and my results are then just littered with every NIB Stern from them.

There have long been plans to move all NIB game sellers out of the Marketplace classifieds section and into their own section "new games". i hope to implement this soon.

When you come back to a thread with X amount of new posts the clickable option that takes you right to where you left off is gone I think.

Yup, that was a bug. Thanks for mentioning it

Now working again!Now working again!

#23 5 years ago

A couple of things not working right for me on my iphone. The forum tab takes you back to front page but to the topic you just looked at not top of front page. Also after reading a thread and new posts made in it, it doesn't jump to new post but beginning of thread.

#24 5 years ago

Robin. First a huge thanks for all you do. Like I shared with you at TPF ... I am a member on many enthusiast forums (guns, cars, watches, you name it) and Pinside is by a wide margin the absolute best forum site in the world!

You should be proud

BTW my background is fine arts and design. Your new logo is stunning!

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

There have long been plans to move all NIB game sellers out of the Marketplace classifieds section and into their own section "new games". i hope to implement this soon.

Yup, that was a bug. Thanks for mentioning it

No prob! Thanks for fixing it so fast!!

#26 5 years ago

Did PPS send a letter saying you can't use the Junkyard pinball art for the logo anymore?

New logo and forums look great.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from KoolFingers:

A couple of things not working right for me on my iphone. The forum tab takes you back to front page but to the topic you just looked at not top of front page. Also after reading a thread and new posts made in it, it doesn't jump to new post but beginning of thread.

Yes, seeing this too. Working on a fix.

Quoted from MT45:

BTW my background is fine arts and design. Your new logo is stunning!

Thanks! And a big hand to Jean-Paul for his help fine-tuning / refreshing the logo!

Quoted from phillymadison:

Did PPS send a letter saying you can't use the Junkyard pinball art for the logo anymore?

Junk Yard? What? Who?

#28 5 years ago

Formatting issue.

Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 11.23.10 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-05-31 at 11.23.10 AM (resized).png

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from KoolFingers:

The forum tab takes you back to front page but to the topic you just looked at not top of front page.

I have made some tweaks, the front page should now only scroll/jump back to the last clicked topic (marked with yellow background) if you use the back button within 10 minutes of entering a topic AND if the page hash contains the statekeeper marker (page hash starts with #sk). So clicking on the forum should not trigger the jumpback because then the #sk is missing. I hope that makes any sense.

Quoted from jwilson:

Formatting issue.

That's actually by design. I have decided to cap the height of blockquotes. Clicking the blockquote will expand it fully.

#30 5 years ago

Yup, all working now. Let you know if I find any others.

#31 5 years ago

OK, sometimes the Topics list on the left does not show up. When logged off it is there all the time.

#32 5 years ago

I Like It !!!! Nice Job!

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

That's actually by design. I have decided to cap the height of blockquotes. Clicking the blockquote will expand it fully.

It's not a good design if you have to explain it. It looks like it's cut off by accident. At least the old tab style made it more clear.

Also, the bug where it doesn't update the unread when you click back is now not just on the front page, but all the sub pages as well. This is Chrome on Mac.

#34 5 years ago

I can't see any of the separate forum lists on the left side.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

I can see them on IE

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from HD_Fatboy:

I can see them on IE

Hmm. I'm on IE and the left side is blank.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Hmm. I'm on IE and the left side is blank.

Sub-Forums are missing for me also.

#38 5 years ago

My bad if we are talking about here, I can only see them on the main page.

#39 5 years ago

very small bug with PMs.

When someone send you a PM, the little envelope number changes to show you how many unread PMs. You click to go read the PM and the number does not go back down till after you exit the message and refresh your inbox. Likely just some sort of refresh error and this is super minor. I just know some like to have even the small stuff reported.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Yes, I almost forgot!
    I got in touch with Charles Acosta, who really makes incredible pinball photos. He has agreed to share his photos for the Pinside header.
    Be sure to check out his work (and the full photos) at https://pinballphotos.com.
    What's more, from now on, the header bar is open for photo submissions. So if you made an incredible photo that would fit nicely with the other photos - send me a PM!

It was a pleasure! The photos look fantastic... love the upgraded logo. Congratulations

#41 5 years ago

Suprised it took so long to Clown-puke Pinside

pinpuke (resized).jpgpinpuke (resized).jpg
    #42 5 years ago

When you come back to a thread with X amount of new posts the clickable option that takes you right to where you left off is gone I think. S

This is a bug I hope. Not working for me either

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

It's there on my iphone and works.

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Quoted from Wickerman2:

Are you sure? Did you see the image I posted in this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-2018-update-new-logo-#post-4427442

#45 5 years ago

Here is a screen shot of this page and the main page, Maybe that's the way its suppose to be. I don't remember.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPGCapture1 (resized).JPGCapture1 (resized).JPG
    #46 5 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Can you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Are you sure? Did you see the image I posted in this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-2018-update-new-logo-#post-4427442

I would if I knew how. haha.

All the quick links to forums like the post above are not showing. It's just blank on the left side of the screen.

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

I would if I knew how. haha.

I sent a screen shot.

#48 5 years ago

Hey hey. I did it.

Screenshot_20180531-160752 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180531-160752 (resized).png
    #49 5 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Hey hey. I did it.

Same thing I am getting.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Hey hey. I did it.

I see your on a phone, On my IPhone I have a extra set of 4 boxes, when the sub box is clicked you get all the topics you see on the left in a computer screen shot

There are 221 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-2018-update-new-logo- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.