Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 476 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Morgoth00
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9720E200-C830-47AF-B268-36EFB6403518 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20171226-113314 (resized).png
    Sketch_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Screen_Shot_2016-07-31_at_3.13.28_PM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-07-31_at_3.13.17_PM_(resized).png
    2016-03-05_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-02-09_at_4.28.59_PM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-02-09_at_4.30.08_PM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2015-10-04_at_1.26.47_PM.png
    Screen_Shot_2015-09-21_at_12.04.28_AM.png
    image.jpg
    pindigo__-_1_1.jpg
    pindigo__-_1.jpg
    tmp_16438-Screenshot_2015-08-23-16-28-191088105109.png
    IMG_1907.jpg
    There are 476 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
    #401 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Is there a password reset option for this app? Apparently I didn’t put it in my password app. I was probably drinking the night it set it up.
    You know, pinball and beer.

I sent you a PM with password reset instructions. Next version of the app will have password reset on the login page.

#402 6 years ago

I love the app and use it every time I get a new high score. I was wondering, is there an easy way to see my historical scores for a machine? I usually end up scrolling back weeks and weeks of data to find out the original score I beat, but it'd be nice if there was a centralized area where I can see my scores that I've saved for just 1 machine.

Example: I want to know how close I was to barely beating my old recorded score on CFTBL, but now that I have a new high score it looks to have overwritten everything and I have to go far back to find my old one.

#403 6 years ago
    Quoted from Putmick_J:

I love the app and use it every time I get a new high score. I was wondering, is there an easy way to see my historical scores for a machine? I usually end up scrolling back weeks and weeks of data to find out the original score I beat, but it'd be nice if there was a centralized area where I can see my scores that I've saved for just 1 machine.
    Example: I want to know how close I was to barely beating my old recorded score on CFTBL, but now that I have a new high score it looks to have overwritten everything and I have to go far back to find my old one.

Putmick_J On your highscores screen, swipe left on a score and choose the graph icon. Voila!

2 months later
    #404 6 years ago

Pindigo V3 is out now! Update your installed app or find store links on our site: http://pindigoapp.com

New features:

* score sharing to twitter/Facebook/etc
    * edit your scores to fix typos
    * website version so people without the app can view your shared score
    * refined look and feel
    * speed/performance improvements

PLUS: Check our the interview w Pindigo creators cheezywhiz and needz on the latest Pinball Players Podcast!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-pinball-players-podcast-e01-jake-erskine-and-theresa-nessel#post-4141649

ALSO: If you like and use the app, consider supporting our new Patreon campaign @ https://www.patreon.com/pindigo

$2+ supporters get special in-app recognition and our undying gratitude. Patrons at higher tiers will be able to vote and help prioritize which features we build next. We continue to operate without profit in mind. If we are fortunate enough to break even on our expenses, any additional funds will go towards advertising and promotion.

Happy holidays! Hope you enjoy V3!

#405 6 years ago

Are you guys looking to fix the issue in Android where the keyboard covers the comments text box? As it is now I can't enter comments on mine or anyone else's scores.

#406 6 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

... I can't enter comments on mine or anyone else's scores.

3.0.5 does not have this issue.

#407 6 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

Are you guys looking to fix the issue in Android where the keyboard covers the comments text box? As it is now I can't enter comments on mine or anyone else's scores.

No longer an issue. See attached image.

Screenshot_20171226-113314 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171226-113314 (resized).png

#408 6 years ago

I just downloaded the latest version and yes the keyboard issue on Android is fixed! Also looks like you guys fixed the issue where if you click on someone's social or global rank and go back it would take you to the very top of the feed.

Great job guys!

#409 6 years ago

Appears that there's a bug where alerts never clear. I got an alert that someone liked my score but it doesn't clear when I tap on it. I'd upload a screenshot but it won't let me on mobile .

#410 6 years ago

I think it was posted before, but I'd love to see integration with the iscored app.

#411 6 years ago

Is this linked with Pinside again, so that the scores added on the ap or pinside are seen on both (basically so they are in sync with each other)?

#412 6 years ago

I really like Pindigo but have mostly stopped using it due to one thing: the sheer amount of scores being posted. Could you implement a screen/filter option? Like, scores that are top 10/20/something? I only post scores that are personal bests (which tend to be really high on pindigo and pinside), and really don't care to scroll through pages of scores that are really low. Ideally a filter that would allow the user to screen high scores on ranking and social standing. (Seeing all posts by people you follow.) Thank you!

#413 6 years ago
    Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

I really like Pindigo but have mostly stopped using it due to one thing: the sheer amount of scores being posted. Could you implement a screen/filter option? Like, scores that are top 10/20/something? I only post scores that are personal bests (which tend to be really high on pindigo and pinside), and really don't care to scroll through pages of scores that are really low. Ideally a filter that would allow the user to screen high scores on ranking and social standing. (Seeing all posts by people you follow.) Thank you!

Something like a “top scores” feed filter is a good idea! There’s already a “social scores” option to just see the users you follow. Are you saying you want to mix the two together?

#414 6 years ago
    Quoted from cheezywhiz:

Something like a “top scores” feed filter is a good idea! There’s already a “social scores” option to just see the users you follow. Are you saying you want to mix the two together?

Yup! I don't check my phone all that often and scrolling through dozens of really low scores gets old. The filter hopefully could allow all scores of people you follow, and only top 10/20 something scores for everyone else. I would install pindigo again if they make that change.

#415 6 years ago
    Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

Yup! I don't check my phone all that often and scrolling through dozens of really low scores gets old. The filter hopefully could allow all scores of people you follow, and only top 10/20 something scores for everyone else. I would install pindigo again if they make that change.

(One of the devs here)

"Score feed noise" is something we knew was going to become an issue. I believe "score feed overhaul" is a feature that will be voted on in the near future on our Patreon so we'll see what everyone wants to see happen first. It'll eventually happen though, because there are a few other changes I'd like to see as well.

#416 6 years ago
    Quoted from needz:

(One of the devs here)
    "Score feed noise" is something we knew was going to become an issue. I believe "score feed overhaul" is a feature that will be voted on in the near future on our Patreon so we'll see what everyone wants to see happen first. It'll eventually happen though, because there are a few other changes I'd like to see as well.

Having worked on this app for over 2 years, just hearing that there are too many score posts to process makes me very happy. Yeah, it can be a problem (sorry, Leon!).. but as a dev, it's a good problem to have. Way better than the alternative of not having any posts at all!

User feedback is super valuable when it comes to tuning the experience -- so thanks again LeonSpinkx for the suggestion.

#417 6 years ago

^^^Agree with both posts. I'm very glad so many scores are posted; kinda the point of the app! A filter would be the next logical step, IMO.

3 weeks later
    #418 6 years ago

Pindigo is an excellent app. Add me ! @mrossman

#419 6 years ago

Really I never understood why this app's function isn't integrated into modern machines as a standard deal, the way some arcade games like Golden Tee will show leaderboards from across a network. Maybe it's more complicated than I'm imagining?

To show my scores as of late would be embarrassing. My best Medieval Madness score last time out was around 50 million, and about 36 of it was on one ball. I don't think I got to 36M on any of the other 7-8 games I played on it. Four billion or so on AFMr from the same night. Interspersed with some really pathetic totals. I don't play as much as I'd like to, and it shows when I do.

I also notice that some people put their Pinball Arcade scores on Pinside alongside real ones. Hell no. Last I looked at it, I could claim the second-highest Black Hole score at just short of 4M if I did.

#420 6 years ago
    Quoted from cheezywhiz:

Pindigo V3 is out now! Update your installed app or find store links on our site: http://pindigoapp.com
    New features:

Where can I find the sync settings to Pinside? I feel myself stupid, but I double checked all the menus already a few times, at peast I think I did so

#421 6 years ago
    Quoted from MukiJames:

Where can I find the sync settings to Pinside? I feel myself stupid, but I double checked all the menus already a few times, at peast I think I did so

This was posted a year ago, not sure it's still valid since I imported mine long ago and don't have the button.

Quoted from needz:

If you go to your account activity page (the last tab) and click on the settings icon on the top right of the screen you'll find a button that allows you to import your Pinside scores. This is a one time only function right now.

The ? mark at the upper right of the home screen leads to an email us button and the developers have responded quickly when I've sent comments.

#422 6 years ago

Thanks a lot for the info. Unfortunately the import button is not there anymore When I found this topic I read about syncing functionality which sounds awesome. A bit disappointed, that the feature was decomissoned, but this is still a nice app.

#423 6 years ago
    Quoted from MukiJames:

Thanks a lot for the info. Unfortunately the import button is not there anymore When I found this topic I read about syncing functionality which sounds awesome. A bit disappointed, that the feature was decomissoned, but this is still a nice app.

I think you figured it out, but just to clarify, Pindigo does NOT currently support syncing scores with Pinside (either through import or through ongoing syncing, which would be sweet). I assume this is a non-trivial change to make, or they would have done it already.

That said, I got a response in another thread suggesting that Robin has made changes to Pinside that might now make it possible for the Pindigo team to reintroduce this feature:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pindigo-compatibility-1#post-4025664

So hopefully a future update will once again allow Pindigo scores to by synced with Pinside!

#424 6 years ago

I think I know the whole story already Thank you as well!

#425 6 years ago

Holy moly. 22 events?!?

1 week later
    #426 6 years ago

Hey, loving the app. It's great for our friendly competition among friends. Somehow while registering I managed to end up with my email address as my username, is there any way to change a username or apply to have it replaced or something? I have amassed so many scores the idea of creating a new account is heartbreaking. Thanks again for a great app!

#427 6 years ago
    Quoted from Apostle:

Hey, loving the app. It's great for our friendly competition among friends. Somehow while registering I managed to end up with my email address as my username, is there any way to change a username or apply to have it replaced or something? I have amassed so many scores the idea of creating a new account is heartbreaking. Thanks again for a great app!

Yeah, we can fix that for ya. I'll send you a PM.

1 month later
    #428 6 years ago

Its been getting better and better with every update. Thanks for all the hard work. I really like using it.

#429 6 years ago

I have 235 different games recorded in Pindigo now! I LOVE THIS APP!

#430 6 years ago

I'm up to 100 machines. As if playing pinball wasn't fun enough, this app makes it even more fun.

I still have problems with alerts never clearing though. It's now showing 2 alerts but I have no idea how to clear them.

#431 6 years ago

Really excellent app. Glad to call myself a patreon supporter

#432 6 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

I still have problems with alerts never clearing though. It's now showing 2 alerts but I have no idea how to clear them.

I'm on Android. Mine clear when I click the icon of a person at the bottom right.

#433 6 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I'm on Android. Mine clear when I click the icon of a person at the bottom right.

I'm on Android as well. I clicked the icon on bottom right and alerts didn't clear.

#434 6 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

I'm on Android as well. I clicked the icon on bottom right and alerts didn't clear.

I bet there's a notification somewhere way down in your activity feed that you never viewed and it needs to be loaded before it will clear.. try going to your profile page and scrolling down through your notifications as far as you can go. Give it time to load more lines when you get to the bottom of the list each time.

Thanks everyone for the kudos! Glad you're liking the latest updates.

#435 6 years ago
    Quoted from cheezywhiz:

I bet there's a notification somewhere way down in your activity feed that you never viewed and it needs to be loaded before it will clear.. try going to your profile page and scrolling down through your notifications as far as you can go. Give it time to load more lines when you get to the bottom of the list each time.

That didn't do it

#436 6 years ago

Same issue, I have a badge notification on Android suggesting I have one new unseen item, but I can't find anything in there to clear it out.

#437 6 years ago

Does it go away if you disable push notifications, then re-enable them?

I don't have push notifications enabled, the only notifications I notice are on the bottom right of the home screen.

#438 6 years ago

No, for me the badge remains.

1 month later
    #439 5 years ago

Hey everyone! Time for an update, i think. We've been really busy over here pushing out new features voted up by our Patreons. In the last couple months we've released:

• Event tagging for your scores (pinfest, york show, etc)
    • Export your scores from the app (to back them up or use in a spreadsheet)
    • Tag your scores as 'virtual' (for Visual Pinball or Pinball Arcade enthusiasts)
    • Hide virtual scores from the app (for Visual Pinball or Pinball Arcade NON-enthusiasts)

And just yesterday we released User Groups! Create a group for your team, league, city, region, podcast, twitch stream.. whatever! Each group has a high score table and score feed (with more features coming soon). Groups can be open to all or invite-only.

Plus we auto-tagged over 10,000 (!!!) scores with PinballMap locations based on your score notes and hash tags -- despite your best efforts to thwart us with poor spelling! =P

We're now working on making all the new things we've added more discoverable. You'll soon be able to easily find and browse groups, events, and locations! We also have a new feature poll up, so if you want to help shape the direction of the app, check out our patreon @ https://www.patreon.com/pindigo

#440 5 years ago

10 grand! I need to add my new Old Chicago high but forgot a picture.

Anyway, I've noticed that you have limited the high scores per machine to displaying a maximum of ten out of however many are submitted. I think this might have been a misread of a suggestion I put in this thread months ago about having a filter that would allow only scores that are in the top ten (or however many) to be displayed in the main feed of the latest posts. Meaning a really low score on a machine by a person I don't know wouldn't show up in my feed. Pindigo is catching on and my only dislike of the app is the sheer volume of posts that I have no interest in seeing. Thanks!

#441 5 years ago
    Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

Pindigo is catching on and my only dislike of the app is the sheer volume of posts that I have no interest in seeing. Thanks!

No complaints here since I only ever view "social scores."

1 week later
    #442 5 years ago

Curious why photos from 106 weeks or older not showing up? The oldest score photo I have is 91 weeks.

4 months later
    #443 5 years ago

I can't even begin to explain how much i love this app!!!!! It makes everyday and every pin its own tournament! Im watching this app turn lots of causal players in to hardcore pinNuts! Even my mom is on it!!! so you know its cool!!!!

2 weeks later
    #444 5 years ago

I’m a recent convert to Pindigo due to an old post I saw about syncing with Pinside!

I love keeping track of my High Scores and it’s so much easier than using the unfortunately cumbersome Pinside interface!

I still love Pinside though and can’t wait until the ease-of-use of Pindigo once again can compliment Pinside’s community!

Pindigo is such a fun app and it finally makes high scores fun for me. It’s so much easier to see what I want to beat to get a new personal best, and it’s fun to compete with friends! I also love the location aspect of it. A neat way to compete with other players on the same machine without any need for scheduling or organizing a meet!

Rock on Pindigo!

(Feature suggestion: I’d love to see the ability to add a better league scoring tracker. Right now we use Matchplay. It would be neat to create some sort of bracket in Pindigo, add users as they join, while live ranking league players as each meet completes!
    Then we could even follow other leagues on the app and get hyped! I know this is a tall order but consider putting all or some of it on the list!)

((Secondary Request: regional leaderboards would be hella rad! nothing like seeing users in your county or state or what-have-you. I understand that might lead to some shady characters and false scores but here in upstate NY I’m the only one who plays and uses Pindigo and I get a little lonely, trying hard to convert all pinheads I meet!))

3 months later
    #445 5 years ago

Any idea why this wouldn't work correctly on an iPhone running iOS 10.3? A buddy of mine lives in the dark ages and rocks an iPhone 5. He has to delete the app and re-download it every time he wants to use it. It works the first time, but not the subsequent times.

I'm sure it's probably not worth digging into, but thought I would ask anyway.

#446 5 years ago

Any idea why this wouldn't work correctly on an iPhone running iOS 10.3? A buddy of mine lives in the dark ages and rocks an iPhone 5. He has to delete the app and re-download it every time he wants to use it. It works the first time, but not the subsequent times.

Works on my Iphone 5 with 11.4.1

#447 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Works on my Iphone 5 with 11.4.1

You don’t have a 5 if you’re running anything higher than 10.3. The oldest iPhone to support iOS 11 is the 5s.

#448 5 years ago

You don’t have a 5 if you’re running anything higher than 10.3. The oldest iPhone to support iOS 11 is the 5s.

Ahh, correct. Forgot I did get a 6.

#449 5 years ago

Some of the libraries we rely on to build the app are starting to have issues with older phones and OSes. We’re waiting for fixes to those libraries before we can make the app work properly again on IOS 10.

Only options are to wait until the fix rolls in (somewhat out of our control) or upgrade to the latest iOS.

We are currently rebuilding the app with a more robust framework that should make these problem go away. We’ll be giving beta access to patrons and users like your friend who have had compatibility issues. Ask them to email us to be added to the beta test list.

#450 5 years ago
    Quoted from cheezywhiz:

Some of the libraries we rely on to build the app are starting to have issues with older phones and OSes. We’re waiting for fixes to those libraries before we can make the app work properly again on IOS 10.
    Only options are to wait until the fix rolls in (somewhat out of our control) or upgrade to the latest iOS.
    We are currently rebuilding the app with a more robust framework that should make these problem go away. We’ll be giving beta access to patrons and users like your friend who have had compatibility issues. Ask them to email us to be added to the beta test list.

Will you be re-integrating the Pinside sync feature? Robin just commented on another post saying the new site API is ready for it and he’s looking forward to it.
    I love Pindigo, please start syncing again

There are 476 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinscores-app-testers-needed/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.