Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 476 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Morgoth00
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9720E200-C830-47AF-B268-36EFB6403518 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20171226-113314 (resized).png
    Sketch_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    Screen_Shot_2016-07-31_at_3.13.28_PM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-07-31_at_3.13.17_PM_(resized).png
    2016-03-05_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-02-09_at_4.28.59_PM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2016-02-09_at_4.30.08_PM_(resized).png
    Screen_Shot_2015-10-04_at_1.26.47_PM.png
    Screen_Shot_2015-09-21_at_12.04.28_AM.png
    image.jpg
    pindigo__-_1_1.jpg
    pindigo__-_1.jpg
    tmp_16438-Screenshot_2015-08-23-16-28-191088105109.png
    IMG_1907.jpg
    There are 476 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
    #351 7 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm apparently doing it wrong. I'm logging every game, not just high scores. Hopefully, eventually, I'll see an upward progression

Nah. There's no 'wrong' =)

I personally have been posting 'interesting' scores.. even if they aren't always my highest. Lunch break games, close matches on league night, that one TAF that refuses to let me make any progress (yes, you, Sharlene's TAF!). For me, it's about letting people know I'm playing pinball. I don't care if it's my best outing.

#352 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

I won a Pindigo t-shirt and proudly rocked it at Pinball Land! Thanks Cheezywhiz!!

(The pinball was eventually found, and then mysteriously vanished mid-play. Theatre of Magic, indeed)

So tropical. Must be hard to focus with the ocean wind blowing through your hair.

#353 7 years ago

New update is great, allows you to compare scores with another user. Just compared my scores with my wife's and now I know what tables I need to hit tonight!

#354 7 years ago

Ooops

1 week later
    #355 7 years ago

Any progress with Robin To get Pindigo integrated back with Pinside?

#356 7 years ago
    Quoted from cantbfrank:

He's a busy, busy guy. I check in with him every other month or so; we've been in talks about it since.... February? We're still adding tons of stuff to Pindigo, so hopefully you can find reasons to use it in the meantime.

1 month later
    #357 7 years ago

I just started using this today. I put in a high score for WCS. There is no picture for the translite for that machine in the DB, and it doesn't let me see any other scores, even under global. Are we able to add graphics to the DB itself, or am I just not functioning correctly. Saw GB's translite just fine.

Also, is there a way to just search for a machine and see scores without posting your own score? I haven't yet read through the entire thread to see if there was a way to do it, and I wasn't able to find a way in the app.

1 week later
    #358 7 years ago
    Quoted from jeffsgames:

I just started using this today. I put in a high score for WCS. There is no picture for the translite for that machine in the DB, and it doesn't let me see any other scores, even under global. Are we able to add graphics to the DB itself, or am I just not functioning correctly. Saw GB's translite just fine.
    Also, is there a way to just search for a machine and see scores without posting your own score? I haven't yet read through the entire thread to see if there was a way to do it, and I wasn't able to find a way in the app.

I am terribly sorry for the late reply. October is getting the best of me!

Are you on Android? There is a known issue on Android with some of the images not showing (or appearing briefly and then disappearing). Sorry about that! As for the scores on WCS, maybe no-one else had posted one yet? Our database of scores is still growing and we have over a thousand machines in our database that still have not received a score.

You can search for a machine without posting a score on the 'high scores' tab. It's the second tab from the left.

Again, sorry for the delay!

#359 7 years ago
    Quoted from needz:

Are you on Android? There is a known issue on Android with some of the images not showing (or appearing briefly and then disappearing).

Yes I am. Thanks for the update. App looks great other than that!

#360 7 years ago
    Quoted from cantbfrank:

Any more word on this? I keep hoping!

#361 7 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Any more word on this? I keep hoping!

Me too! App was great when it was integrated with Pinside, but I have no use for it like this. I would use old version if it was posiible.

2 weeks later
    #362 7 years ago
    Quoted from cantbfrank:

Yes please - not likely to use it without that...

Also, don't understand why the old scores had to be wiped out?? It should have been possible to save and just import/convert from the old database into the new one.

#363 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zaquar:

Yes please - not likely to use it without that...
    Also, don't understand why the old scores had to be wiped out?? It should have been possible to save and just import/convert from the old database into the new one.

Your old scores weren't wiped out. They were always (and still are) stored on Pinside. In v1, we never maintained our own database, we just gave you mobile access to Pinside's score database. In v2, we built our own complete system and had to start from scratch.

You are able to import your existing pinside scores into the app now, btw.

3 weeks later
    #364 7 years ago

May I ask, how are new games added to your database? Do they come from the Pinside database? I played a Spider-Man Home Edition today, but didn't see it in Pindigo (nor on Pinside).

#365 7 years ago
    Quoted from cheezywhiz:

Your old scores weren't wiped out. They were always (and still are) stored on Pinside. In v1, we never maintained our own database, we just gave you mobile access to Pinside's score database. In v2, we built our own complete system and had to start from scratch.
    You are able to import your existing pinside scores into the app now, btw.

Yes I understand a new database was created, but if an import is possible now, a new database could've been set up and a conversion process run so the scores transferred to the new database. How / where can you import them? Are the scores still in sync between the ap and pinside after the import? Thanks for the feedback.

#366 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zaquar:

Yes I understand a new database was created, but if an import is possible now, a new database could've been set up and a conversion process run so the scores transferred to the new database. How / where can you import them? Are the scores still in sync between the ap and pinside after the import? Thanks for the feedback.

Hey there. If you go to your account activity page (the last tab) and click on the settings icon on the top right of the screen you'll find a button that allows you to import your Pinside scores. This is a one time only function right now.

Pindigo and Pinside are not synchronized. To quote myself earlier in the thread: "I'm waiting for more official support for prolonged authentication from Pinside before I feel comfortable doing much else." Robin says this form of authentication (known as OAUTH) is on his to-do list. It is unfortunately out of my hands.

Quoted from hipsmart:

May I ask, how are new games added to your database? Do they come from the Pinside database? I played a Spider-Man Home Edition today, but didn't see it in Pindigo (nor on Pinside).

After the initial import from Pinside several months ago I've added new machines by hand. With major releases I usually add them pretty early but with some lesser known releases I rely on helpful users to point them out for me. I'll look into the home edition of spider-man for ya when I get a chance.

2 weeks later
    #367 7 years ago

I installed pindigo yesterday and it seems very buggy on my LG Rizio. I was able to put up a score (#1 on Space Invaders) but it repeatedly crashed when I would crop the photo of my score, and while typing the screen wouldn't rotate, and I couldn't see what I was typing because the page wouldn't swipe up and show the text box. Any ideas? Thanks. I love the idea and want to use it more.

#368 7 years ago

Follow up: rebooted my phone and the photos work fine. The text box is still an annoyance, but livable. Posted several scores today. Great app!

#369 7 years ago
    Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

Follow up: rebooted my phone and the photos work fine. The text box is still an annoyance, but livable. Posted several scores today. Great app!

Thanks! We're working on rebuilding the app with an updated framework that has better support for all devices. Hopefully some of these Android annoyances disappear with the next version.

#370 7 years ago
    Quoted from cheezywhiz:

Thanks! We're working on rebuilding the app with an updated framework that has better support for all devices. Hopefully some of these Android annoyances disappear with the next version.

Nice! As it is, my only beefs are the comment box not being visible when typing, and no landscape mode. But it's free, so I'm not complaining.

#371 7 years ago

I'm loving the app and am finding that it is helping me to focus on which games I need to score up on and play more and I've gotten my wife registered on it now as well, so I'm really digging it.

Out of curiosity - any chance you would ever entertain making a companion app to track arcade game high scores? I really like the format of Pindigo and would gladly help support development of such a companion app. Truthfully - you guys should be charging for the app, as it is a good service and I can appreciate the hours of development spent on it.

Looking forward to the Pinside integration coming back as well.

In a word - Bravo!

#372 7 years ago
    Quoted from EightBitWhit:

I'm loving the app and am finding that it is helping me to focus on which games I need to score up on and play more and I've gotten my wife registered on it now as well, so I'm really digging it.
    Out of curiosity - any chance you would ever entertain making a companion app to track arcade game high scores? I really like the format of Pindigo and would gladly help support development of such a companion app. Truthfully - you guys should be charging for the app, as it is a good service and I can appreciate the hours of development spent on it.
    Looking forward to the Pinside integration coming back as well.
    In a word - Bravo!

Hey and thanks! The idea of a arcade companion app is definitely something we kicked around awhile ago. I would need access to a nice thorough database of arcade machines (something similar to ipdb) as well as the moolah to set up another server. Totally within a realm of possibility, just a little outside our means as a two-person team with no sustaining revenue.

We have no plans to monetize Pindigo at the moment. If the cost became untenable we'd have to consider taking donations or something but right now everything is a-okay. It's a labor of love, (and hopefully the centerpiece of future job interviews).

Cheers! -Brendan

#373 7 years ago

I found a workaround of the not being able to see your text problem. After typing the score and hitting next for text, you can type a few letters and post it. Once the score is posted, hit the edit text "button" and then a popup with your text shows up and is actually visible. I can see what I'm typing. Yay!

5 months later
    #374 6 years ago

I really like this app. The # tags are great and can be searched. Very nice. Added SFGE2017 scores.

Anyone else using the app at SFGE 2017?

#375 6 years ago

I like the app too. Really easy and convenient way to keep track of your scores. Only problem is I don't know of anyone in my circles that also uses it. I'm currently following 3 people and have 3 followers.

#376 6 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

I like the app too. Really easy and convenient way to keep track of your scores. Only problem is I don't know of anyone in my circles that also uses it. I'm currently following 3 people and have 3 followers.

Thanks, guys. Glad you like it.

I had the same problem, fwiw. I expected all my local pinball friends would jump on the app and it just never happened -- so I made new friends thru the app. =)

If you haven't already, change the score feed from Social to Global and check out scores from people outside your circle.

#377 6 years ago

Dont know how i didnt see this until now...DOWNLOADED!

#378 6 years ago

Yes to this app! Been using it several months and it is great fun (bump)

#379 6 years ago

Anyone having an issue where loading the app up it only displays a blank white screen? I uninstalled/reinstalled and I guess I had an old version because it now displays "V2" on the loading screen, but after this dissappears it just displays blank white nothing and won't load anything else. Running it on a Galaxy S6 which isn't exactly an old smartphone. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling and no change.

#380 6 years ago

cheezywhiz I think you should change the thread title to Pindigo - score tracking app discussion

#381 6 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

cheezywhiz I think you should change the thread title to Pindigo - score tracking app discussion

Good call. Done.

#382 6 years ago
    Quoted from Archytas:

Anyone having an issue where loading the app up it only displays a blank white screen? I uninstalled/reinstalled and I guess I had an old version because it now displays "V2" on the loading screen, but after this dissappears it just displays blank white nothing and won't load anything else. Running it on a Galaxy S6 which isn't exactly an old smartphone. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling and no change.

I've seen a couple start up issues in the past.

Sometimes it's because the server can't be reached from your device or the server isn't responding. If you try again a bit later, it should work.

I've also seen it happen if a Pindigo app update fails to download and apply properly on your device. An uninstall and reinstall of the app should fix this.

Try another reinstall to be sure. If that doesn't fix it, send me a PM.

#383 6 years ago

Hey, Pindigoers. I'm featured on a recent Pinball Profile podcast episode talking about Pindigo and other stuffs. Check it out.

https://twitter.com/PinballProfile/status/876626549511946241

#384 6 years ago
    Quoted from cheezywhiz:

Hey, Pindigoers. I'm featured on a recent Pinball Profile podcast episode talking about Pindigo and other stuffs. Check it out.
    https://twitter.com/PinballProfile/status/876626549511946241

I just have to say, that huge multiplayer game at the exit of Mission Space is a damn good time for an "everybody wins" situation. Kind of sad that most people just walk buy it anymore so there's never all that many players (if it's even still there, it's been a few years).

#385 6 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I just have to say, that huge multiplayer game at the exit of Mission Space is a damn good time for an "everybody wins" situation. Kind of sad that most people just walk buy it anymore so there's never all that many players (if it's even still there, it's been a few years).

Hey, thanks! When did you visit it? Originally, there were two 'cast members' that hosted the game, but after a few years it was updated to run automatically with a robo-host.

#386 6 years ago
    Quoted from cheezywhiz:

Hey, thanks! When did you visit it? Originally, there were two 'cast members' that hosted the game, but after a few years it was updated to run automatically with a robo-host.

When we played it was still live hosts, but it was probably near the end of their run.

#387 6 years ago

cheezywhiz you're awesome man! I just download the app last week... It's a really cool way for pinballers to track and compare highscores. Love it! Keep up the good work.

1 week later
    #388 6 years ago

Cool idea - every time i open it i have to relogin though

#389 6 years ago
    Quoted from bman46:

Cool idea - every time i open it i have to relogin though

I'll send you a PM and we'll figure out what's wrong.

#390 6 years ago
    Quoted from needz:

Hey there. If you go to your account activity page (the last tab) and click on the settings icon on the top right of the screen you'll find a button that allows you to import your Pinside scores. This is a one time only function right now.

Is this option still available? I'm not seeing it!

#391 6 years ago

Also, I started a "feature request" thread asking Robin to update Pinside to allow for syncing with Pindigo. Drop a post in there to show your support if this is something that matters to you!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pindigo-compatibility-1

3 weeks later
    #392 6 years ago

I cannot say enough good things about this app and the people behind it - their support is fantastic.

2 weeks later
    #393 6 years ago

I was wondering if you could fix a couple of things with this app:

1 - on Android using Samsung Galaxy S7, I am unable to comment on posts as the keyboard blocks the comment text box

2 - If I go through the feed and select the "social rank" of a score and go back, it does not return me back to the score - instead it bumps me back to the top of the feed

#394 6 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

I was wondering if you could fix a couple of things with this app:
    1 - on Android using Samsung Galaxy S7, I am unable to comment on posts as the keyboard blocks the comment text box
    2 - If I go through the feed and select the "social rank" of a score and go back, it does not return me back to the score - instead it bumps me back to the top of the feed

1) Android keyboard issues should be fixed in the next big update which we are working on now.

2) So in a score post, you click on the line that says Social Rank, it goes to the social rankings screen, then you click back and it bumps you back up to the top of the feed? When I do that it returns to me right where I came from in the feed. Does this happen every single time or just occasionally?

#395 6 years ago
    Quoted from cheezywhiz:

2) So in a score post, you click on the line that says Social Rank, it goes to the social rankings screen, then you click back and it bumps you back up to the top of the feed?

Exactly

1 month later
    #396 6 years ago

How do new machines get added to the database? I have a score on Total Nuclear Annihilation waiting to upload.

#397 6 years ago

From the home screen click the ? at the upper right, then the email us button.

#398 6 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

How do new machines get added to the database? I have a score on Total Nuclear Annihilation waiting to upload.

Working on it today. Thanks for reminding us!

#399 6 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

You can add scores for TNA now.

#400 6 years ago

Is there a password reset option for this app? Apparently I didn’t put it in my password app. I was probably drinking the night it set it up.

You know, pinball and beer.

There are 476 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinscores-app-testers-needed/page/8?hl=bitternerd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.